Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
We have one here in West Palm Beach..yeah it's rat food for the hood rats, but they have stayed in business on resturant row on Palm Bch Lakes Blvd since I was in high school in the 80s..
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was a kid in the 80s, I remember getting dressed up to go eat at Red Lobster. It was considered a rare treat.

Kinda funny how times change.
View Quote

It was a REALLY big deal for my off the boat family in 1995.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My 80 year old MIL thinks it's fancy.

Then again, she thinks that using real butter instead of margarine is terribly extravagant.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My 80 year old MIL thinks it's fancy.

Then again, she thinks that using real butter instead of margarine is terribly extravagant.
View Quote

Thats the problem, their regular customer base from the old days is trapped in a dementia ward.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Living on the frozen ass end of Hoth, if you want Sea Food is the one and only place to go... My wife became allergic to shrimp so we stopped going decades back... Well my kids wanted to try it, so we went. The place was a shit hole, I would place it on the same caliber as a Golden Coral that shares a parking lot with Walmart = Horse shit food that was cold, a restaurant that had not been updated sense it was build. I'm guessing that was about 5 years back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess the endless shrimp was a bad idea.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ghetto fine dining .

View Quote

Hey now!  It’s the place to be seen in my town!!

In all seriousness, the one in town is always packed. I suppose the all you can eat offers take a chunk out of the profit margin.  They should increase the volume to make it up.  ??

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I ate there once in the early 80's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's the only thing they make that's good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And endless Cheddar Bay biscuits

That's the only thing they make that's good.

You can get those at the grocery in frozen food section.  I bet the company that makes those for Red Lobster will continue.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess the endless shrimp was a bad idea.

View Quote

So brine shrimp went extinct?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Burger King of seafood.

View Quote

The Section 8 of seafood restaurants.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The few in our area are like this. I can only imagine the type of clientele they have now doesn’t help things.

- churches chicken
- red lobster
- Popeyes

All of the parking lots looks the same. Chargers, challengers, 300s, Altimas and impalas.

If these restaurants really wanted to make money they should offer check cashing services, title loans and sell rent rims.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You would think the tipping would make it profitable
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can get those at the grocery in frozen food section.  I bet the company that makes those for Red Lobster will continue.
View Quote

I just got back from Publix.
Picked up a box Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix. Will try them out in the next day or 2.
Tonight's dinner was already planned.

Boars Head Ultimate subs are on sale for 6.99, hard to beat that price, they weigh about 2lbs each. LOL
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So brine shrimp went extinct?
View Quote

No doubt !
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Its funny how things rot over time.  It was never a 5 star or anything but I can recall even back in my just out of college days it was a pretty nice place to eat and generally satisfactory food.  I even liked the swordfish steaks.  

We went again about 10 years back.  It was my last time going there.  Everything was rubber.  The staff was as friendly as an ally dog.  Just a poor experience in total.

Same with Outback.  Yeah it was a chain joint but the early days were pretty good.  Now there’s no way i’ll pay for their incinerated garbage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a gift card for that place that's like 3 years old at this point. Maybe I should use it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kang size meals.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
The Red Lobster in Albany GA was doing great prior to the pandemic.  They never got up and going afterwards.  Finally closed the doors about a year and a half ago.

Personally, I had not eaten there in about 6 years.  Other than the cheese biscuits, it was over-priced frozen seafood.

Bye
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]
My personal record there was 210 shrimp scampi when i was in the Army.  Everyone else hit 180 shrimp scampi.  

Another time a buddy, his parents and I had over 50 lbs of crab legs when they had the endless crab deal.  His parents tapped out early and wanted to leave, I could have easily kept going another 30 or 40 minutes. The receipt was like 3 feet long

God Bless you Red Lobster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Its funny how things rot over time.  It was never a 5 star or anything but I can recall even back in my just out of college days it was a pretty nice place to eat and generally satisfactory food.  I even liked the swordfish steaks.  

We went again about 10 years back.  It was my last time going there.  Everything was rubber.  The staff was as friendly as an ally dog.  Just a poor experience in total.

Same with Outback.  Yeah it was a chain joint but the early days were pretty good.  Now there’s no way i’ll pay for their incinerated garbage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That happens with most companies.

You can almost trace the exact moment when their food went downhill when you look up their history.

In 1995, Red Lobster (along with Olive Garden and other sister chains), became part of Darden Restaurants, Inc. During that time, General Mills decided to release Darden into an independent, publicly traded corporation.

This makes sense because I remember it was after high school for me (late 90s) that Red Lobster and places like Olive Garden went significantly downhill.

They were never fancy but they were at least decent.

Same deal with Outback at a later time.

Seems like it's the same story when a restaurant gets bigger and goes publicly traded.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Not Red Lobster but Kiku's Hibachi in Atlanta. Always a good time.

Mother's Day Brawl At restaurant in Atlanta Georgia FUll VIDEO
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Denny's of seafood.
View Quote

No. Red Lobster does not have a long, rich history of racial incidents, including the famous Secret Service incident in 1993. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny's#Discrimination
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Red Lobster, where you go when you don't feel like getting dressed up to go to Golden Corral.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I bought and made those once.

I was not impressed
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In my younger days, I dated a lot of waitresses. What I know of it, having never worked in food service myself, is from their observations of tipping patterns. According to my super-scientific research, the groups that were the worst tippers are/were, in order:

1) The demographic that shall not be referred to or even alluded to in any negative fashion
2) The after-church lunch crowd
View Quote

Lol true. “You will receive your reward in Heaven!”.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I just got back from Publix.
Picked up a box Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix. Will try them out in the next day or 2.
Tonight's dinner was already planned.

Boars Head Ultimate subs are on sale for 6.99, hard to beat that price, they weigh about 2lbs each. LOL
View Quote

Their multigrain roll is awesome. Cutting out bread so I’ll really miss it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Dead lobster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Ghetto rats love the microwaved seafood.

They're gonna be fine.

They're the IHOP of seafood.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You would think the tipping would make it profitable
View Quote

Account warming notice

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have also sworn off the Outback.

Damn shame because for several years while I worked out of town, Outback was always a sure thing for a great meal at a fair price.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As i posted above, it started in FL. there are many
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hood rats love them some Red Lobsta

I don't know how they can afford it.  The local one always has a good crowd of white, upper class, boomers and tourist that come to FL to eat seafood?!?!?!

FFS... I don't think I've ever even seen a red lobster in Florida and I lived there for 10 years or more.

Maybe they're more sparse in the coastal areas?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Red Lobster in Albany GA was doing great prior to the pandemic.  They never got up and going afterwards.  Finally closed the doors about a year and a half ago.

Personally, I had not eaten there in about 6 years.  Other than the cheese biscuits, it was over-priced frozen seafood.

Bye
View Quote

I'm very familiar with Albany, I bet there's never been a single tip received at that location.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Burger King of seafood.

View Quote

That's giving it way too much credit
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't think I've been to one since the late 90's.

My wife makes some kickass cheddar bay biscuits though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Must have stopped taking EBT
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hood rats love them some Red Lobsta

I don't know how they can afford it.  The local one always has a good crowd of white, upper class, boomers and tourist that come to FL to eat seafood?!?!?!

FFS... I don't think I've ever even seen a red lobster in Florida and I lived there for 10 years or more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In my younger days, I dated a lot of waitresses. What I know of it, having never worked in food service myself, is from their observations of tipping patterns. According to my super-scientific research, the groups that were the worst tippers are/were, in order:

1) The demographic that shall not be referred to or even alluded to in any negative fashion
2) The after-church lunch crowd
View Quote

Seen this with number one. Burger joint bar near me which has great good btw. Anyhow group of 4-5 guys eating and bartender was keeping them topped off.

We’ll came time to pay they just paid the cost of food got up left. She turned to me and another guy sitting at bar other guys says let me guess no tip and how am I not surprised.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My personal record there was 210 shrimp scampi when i was in the Army.  Everyone else hit 180 shrimp scampi.  

Another time a buddy, his parents and I had over 50 lbs of crab legs when they had the endless crab deal.  His parents tapped out early and wanted to leave, I could have easily kept going another 30 or 40 minutes. The receipt was like 3 feet long

View Quote

Well Congratulations.  Your unrestrained gluttony put Thousands of people out of work.  
We’re awfully proud of you.
That’s one hell of a legacy.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well Congratulations.  Your unrestrained gluttony put Thousands of people out of work.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Bankruptcy doesn't mean out of business.  The will close some locations no doubt but, there will still be plenty around.

Shocked at the number of arfcom millionaires taking time from the busy day stacking cash to comment how badly they hate red lobster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more impressed you were able to choke down all that butter/grease the shrimps were swimming in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Last time we ate there, I let the kids go hog nuts, and order whatever expensive stuff they wanted.  It was pricey for sure but it was okay food. The kids want to go back all the time but I haven’t given in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Ate there a couple months ago, the only thing that was good was the cheddar biscuits. My fish was over cooked badly
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I don’t recall ever eating there. I can’t have fish or shellfish.  Sucks to see another company going under. Biden economics at play.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm more impressed you were able to choke down all that butter/grease the shrimps were swimming in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They say I can't keep getting away with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I ate there tonight and it tasted like they are about to file bankruptcy.

Everything kinda sucked and none of the regular waitstaff was there.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top