User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short answer: people that are generally good, productive members of society that vote conservatively, make good neighbors and won't kill you for tennis shoes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I see a lot of women in denim skirts, but the majority are knee-length or shorter with sandals.

I have seen the ones the OP is talkng about and I do believe they are members of a specific religious sect.

However, since this shouldn't be a "worthless without pics" thread....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Homeschoolers. Usually some variation of Christianity.

Around here they don’t seem to homeschool OR discipline their kids.
View Quote

That's definitely the case around here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It’s always amusing to see something universally ascribed to “the Baptists.”  It’s rarely true.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I'm curious as to what religion the "Women of the denim skirt" belong to.  I often see them grocery shopping, usually in pairs and never with a man.  The uniform from the waist down is oddly the same for all:  long denim skirt and sensible tennis shoes.

Baptist. They teach that women aren't supposed to wear the clothes of a man, hence denim skirt instead of jeans.

Suppose I should have said, the independent Baptist church i attended for 10 years, probably 80% of the women wore denim skirts, haven't really seen any other denomination wearing them.

That's idiotic and not true.

Folks in simple dress are more likely, or at least as likely), to be true preppers.  They also might be Protestant or otherwise Not Catholic.  Or not.  They might be old school hippies from the time when that meant something, not the nonsense tossed around in GD.

Some Baptists dance.  Some don't.  Don't be ignorant.

It’s always amusing to see something universally ascribed to “the Baptists.”  It’s rarely true.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top