I like turtles
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
DocGlock thread.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hate to break your bubble there...  I made and designed that weapon.  Many if not most of firearms on that show were made by other folks in the industry.  

We had no control over the derp that went on nor the story line.

That firearm was a real transferable MAC 11a1 that was converted to 9mm and fired 3500 rounds a minute.  It had to be mounted on a heavy host or you could not hold onto it...  Dude shooting it on film is also an FFL and is a member here.  

Frankly if you want to continue to violate the COC and call me names...Go for it sport.  I'll be your huckleberry.

Perhaps you should consider the fact you don't know shit about what you posting about?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Wasn't as good as long neck hottie and mother softballs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DocGlock thread.

View Quote

Why don't you go ahead and finish your insult so I can report  you for a CoC violation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hate to break your bubble there...  I made and designed that weapon.  Many if not most of firearms on that show were made by other folks in the industry.  

That firearm was a real transferable MAC 11a1 that was converted to 9mm and fired 3500 rounds a minute.  It had to be mounted on a heavy host or you could not hold onto it...  Dude shooting it on film is also an FFL and is a member here.  

Frankly if you want to continue to violate the COC and call me names...Go for it sport.  I'll be your huckleberry.

Perhaps you should consider the fact you don't know shit about what you posting about?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You knew that family was fucking inbred when they started making shit like this

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/07/1by1/2014/07/31/073ed7542ac45e828ca82698662de9fa_xl.jpg

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You knew that family was fucking inbred when they started making shit like this

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/07/1by1/2014/07/31/073ed7542ac45e828ca82698662de9fa_xl.jpg

After reading about the china lake and Will Hayden fiasco, I always wondered, how did other people's firearms get in the show? Did most builders contact them to have their products star in the show or did they/producers contact other manufacturers?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Clicked for hot pics of Paige Wyatt, leaving disappointed.

(Yes, I know it’s different show)
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Bayhhby now we gots ourselves a thread,
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wasn't as good as long neck hottie and mother softballs.
View Quote

This is the only thing that makes sense in this thread
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They were the West Coast Choppers of guns. Just a bunch of goofy ass shit.
View Quote

You mean your local New York boys Orange County Choppers.

West Coast Choppers was never a show, but they did make good parts. I used a lot of WCC steel fenders building bikes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

After reading about the china lake and Will Hayden fiasco, I always wondered, how did other people's firearms get in the show? Did most builders contact them to have their products star in the show or did they/producers contact other manufacturers?
View Quote

Great question:  The producers were always beating the bushes for new ideas and were constantly reaching out to folks in the industry.  Both the production company and Red Jacket burned a lot of bridges and I got the call about the semi BREN fun (and appeared in that episode).  After that I got a call when somebody backed out.  That happened a bunch.  The producers, line producers as well as directors were a revolving door.  Very high tension on the set at all times and LOTS of issues.  

Shows were done "Cooking Show format" whenever possible; meaning you showed up on set with basic ingredients, a partially done product, and the completed weapon.  Not always but most times.  We had five days to get the show filmed.  

There were some very good people I worked with and there were some monumental ass hats...

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#16]
It was one of? If not the first big time black rifle show on TV. Sad it turned into a shit show. And very sad the daughter went through the abuse she did.

I sold a bunch of A1 handguards to the dad. And the daughter cut the check. Kinda strange looking back on it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I just miss Top Shot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206146/1E606B64-6805-4DC0-84EC-B5C4A84147F9_jpe-1836838.JPG

Photographer did a good job hiding that long neck of hers !!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It was one of? If not the first big time black rifle show on TV. Sad it turned into a shit show. And very sad the daughter went through the abuse she did.

I sold a bunch of A1 handguards to the dad. And the daughter cut the check. Kinda strange looking back on it.
View Quote

I agree, it was an interesting show to a teen or new commer who didnt know much about guns ). It probably got alot of people involved in firearms or at least brought on an interest, but, we love to eat our own.

That being said, the whole situation is very sad and fucked up.

Just to clarify I am not justifying anything he did or was accused of, the guys is a shit bag IMHO, all I am saying is there id alot of "that gun was retarded" "why would someone build that piece of shit" etc. Take it for what it was, an actual TV show, TV entertainment in which building NFA firearms and big black scary rifles was the main focus. I doubt we will ever see anything like it in our time again...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hate to break your bubble there...  I made and designed that weapon.  

That firearm was a real transferable MAC 11a1 that was converted to 9mm and fired 3500 rounds a minute.
View Quote
But why?

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to go so far as to say the show was cooked up by a bunch of big city liberal execs who were deliberately out to make the gun culture look like a bunch of inbred Southern bubbas instead of accurately portraying a thriving, respectable firearms business.  (I'm not saying Red Jacket was a respectable business, just that they deliberately avoided profiling a respectable business).

They consciously picked a gun shop run by marginal people in order to further a subtle anti-gun agenda.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Great question:  The producers were always beating the bushes for new ideas and were constantly reaching out to folks in the industry.  Both the production company and Red Jacket burned a lot of bridges and I got the call about the semi BREN fun (and appeared in that episode).  After that I got a call when somebody backed out.  That happened a bunch.  The producers, line producers as well as directors were a revolving door.  Very high tension on the set at all times and LOTS of issues.  

Shows were done "Cooking Show format" whenever possible; meaning you showed up on set with basic ingredients, a partially done product, and the completed weapon.  Not always but most times.  We had five days to get the show filmed.  

There were some very good people I worked with and there were some monumental ass hats...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, thanks for the insight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I remember Will Hayden being very active on here prior to the show, under (i believe) the screen name RedJacket.  It was when krinks were becoming all the rage, and the reputation of his work with ak builds was respected at the time.  I contacted him to have a bulgarian krink built, talked to him a couple times on the phone and seemed like a good dude.  Got the krink and the build quality was very nice, its pretty much the only gun I treated as a “safe queen”.  When the show came out, that added some novelty to the gun.  But then the pedo stuff came to light and the gun always leaves me with mixed feelings.  Im not sure who actually built/ manufactured my gun.  I own other guns that I am positive were used by communists to do bad things to people, but never give that a second thought...   I hope Will gets what he deserves in prison, and definitely in the afterlife.
View Quote

Hmm. You don't know if you have a Finky Krink or a Stinky Krink. But if it's not a Rinky Dink Krink...

Just clean it real good and forget about where you got it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's pretty cool....it always amazes me the reach of Arf.  It seems like no matter what comes we have a member with a connection, probably the best example was Mr. Higgs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But why?

View Quote

I had a real customer ask for it....  Producers found out about and asked to use it in an episode.   (Actually was three guns used during filming).
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I had a real customer ask for it....  Producers found out about and asked to use it in an episode.   (Actually was three guns used during filming).
View Quote
Good enough reason for me. People do some nutso stuff with their class three guns lol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm going to go so far as to say the show was cooked up by a bunch of big city liberal execs who were deliberately out to make the gun culture look like a bunch of inbred Southern bubbas instead of accurately portraying a thriving, respectable firearms business.  (I'm not saying Red Jacket was a respectable business, just that they deliberately avoided profiling a respectable business).

They consciously picked a gun shop run by marginal people in order to further a subtle anti-gun agenda.
View Quote

My guess is that your average "respectable" firearms business would make pretty shitty TV.  A portion of GD might appreciate it, but your average TV watcher needs action / drama to stay engaged.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#28]
The drill powered Saiga shotgun "gattling gun"...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

And Honey Boo Boo was to make white trash look bad.

Chrisley Knows Best is to make metrosexual southern gays who don't realize they are gay yet look bad.

Or... reality shows have an intentionally low bar... in the likeness of their target audience.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Barney was blind the whole time

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now it's a party!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#32]
The unintentional butthurt in this thread is hilarious
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No there's an episode with a dual M16 they put on a boat. That's the one i'm thinking of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC the dual M-16 was not made by them but was actually someone in North/Northeast Alabama's toy that they "borrowed" for the episode.

I think I'm remembering that right. It's been a few years since I read about that on another forum.

Someone made a siamese, tromix maybe? They made a triple
No there's an episode with a dual M16 they put on a boat. That's the one i'm thinking of.

Oh the beta mag water cooled tardation.

We have m249 at home, the m249 at home. meme
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#34]
All of the gun shows that were aired by Discovery and their other channels flat out sucked.  A few interesting episodes and then the American Choppers formula went into effect.  

I tend agree with others,  no reputable gun business would make for interesting TV  for 95% of Americans
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
All of the gun shows that were aired by Discovery and their other channels flat out sucked.  A few interesting episodes and then the American Choppers formula went into effect.  

I tend agree with others,  no reputable gun business would make for interesting TV  for 95% of Americans
View Quote

Thankfully Forged in Fire avoided that formula.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
But why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate to break your bubble there...  I made and designed that weapon.  

That firearm was a real transferable MAC 11a1 that was converted to 9mm and fired 3500 rounds a minute.
But why?

They probably saw this pic and wanted in on the awesomeness. lol

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why don't you go ahead and finish your insult so I can report  you for a CoC violation.
View Quote

Insult?

My, we have a healthy imagination, haven't we?

Listen, champ; you think I'm somehow insulting you, or even suggesting that I might?  

Go ahead and hit that ol' Report button.  

Knock yourself out.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But why?

BTW, I found a video of a shorty PKM on youtube with what looks like a top folding stock, is that yours? Cause it just looks freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I like how our reality TV drama has bled over into GD drama.

I watched that show. It started out funny, but got real stupid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Insult?

Listen, champ; you think I'm somehow insulting you, or even suggesting that I might?  

Knock yourself out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insult?

Knock yourself out.  

Apologies if I read  your post wrong but it read like it was leading up to a snarky comment.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Jupiter Productions produced the show and Discovery bought it.
Some of the best parts were cut out.  Like the time Kris was hand-cycling live ammo in an AK and fired a round through the ceiling, right past the sound man in an upstairs mezzanine.
Or the time everyone was on the firing line, guns at the ready and the camera man was out in front of everyone filming.  The Producer told everyone NOT TO FIRE, even when he yelled "Fire" so the camera man could get back behind the line before everyone opened up.
But one DUMB FUCK, lit off a round right when the producer yelled fire.  The shot went right beside the camera man.  I thought he was going to charge the guy and kick his fucking ass right there.  It was epic.

Tony

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh grow a fucking spine. The dude was talking shit on Will Hayden, nobody even knew you existed before this thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#45]
That show was cringe worthy for the "innovative" crap they came up with. The family made Honey Booboo's family look well adjusted.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Jupiter Productions produced the show and Discovery bought it.
Some of the best parts were cut out.  Like the time Kris was hand-cycling live ammo in an AK and fired a round through the ceiling, right past the sound man in an upstairs mezzanine.
Or the time everyone was on the firing line, guns at the ready and the camera man was out in front of everyone filming.  The Producer told everyone NOT TO FIRE, even when he yelled "Fire" so the camera man could get back behind the line before everyone opened up.
But one DUMB FUCK, lit off a round right when the producer yelled fire.  The shot went right beside the camera man.  I thought he was going to charge the guy and kick his fucking ass right there.  It was epic.

Tony

View Quote

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

BTW, I found a video of a shorty PKM on youtube with what looks like a top folding stock, is that yours? Cause it just looks freaking awesome.
View Quote

Most likely and was also done for the show (episode "One Man Army")...I designed a modular PKM (again for a real customer)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#48]
In on this mess and hell yes on giraffe girl
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Apologies if I read  your post wrong but it read like it was leading up to a snarky comment.
View Quote

Right.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wasnt one of the employees a team member at one time? Had some sort of gas mask or hazmat suit avatar IIRC.
View Quote
Flem
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top