Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me know when they find out about the F-16. I'll make sure it's still hidden well...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hopefully the armorer has a hand receipt and was tracking it was signed out.

If not he and the Commander are so fucked right now.
View Quote
Someone is getting promoted to Mr. or Inmate.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At they sure it's lost and not some bad ATF style bookkeeping?
View Quote
Oh yeah. That thing is lost. Dude would have received punishment just for letting a joke go on this long People are looking at jail time now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
edit - what I originally posted was a bad and I feel bad for posting it
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, not the way it works.
I remember loading all our aircraft on C-17s for a return trip from NTC to Ft Polk. Someone had lost a pair of PVS-7s so as the C-17s departed our squadron loaded up in cattle cars to go play "hands across the desert" at every location we set up at. The goggles were found but the Squad Leader, PSG, PL and Troop Commander all got a nice note from the SCO put into their files.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that..... there is very little accountability unless it's in the private sector- and even then, some lackey will take the fall
Yeah, not the way it works.
I remember loading all our aircraft on C-17s for a return trip from NTC to Ft Polk. Someone had lost a pair of PVS-7s so as the C-17s departed our squadron loaded up in cattle cars to go play "hands across the desert" at every location we set up at. The goggles were found but the Squad Leader, PSG, PL and Troop Commander all got a nice note from the SCO put into their files.
For those who don't understand Military talk "a nice little note" translates to "your career is over, gtfo and thank you for your service."
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
So any link to it for sale?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]
They have a lot of inventory. They'd better be careful before one of these  gets lost.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
One missing machine gun doesn't bother me.  The Drug cartels have Millions of full auto guns in this country.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully the now former unit commander has a degree in something marketable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nah just returned to the tax payers for safe keeping lol
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Now they get to inventory the entire base.  What fun.

I wonder what else will be discovered as missing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody likes to party.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
0/5 Stars.  Would not recommend to a friend.
HoveroundDoorGunner007

I recently bought a gun and case of ammo from this guy, only to get home and realize the ammo in the ammo can doesn't match the chambering of the gun.  The ammo is ridiculous, bigger than any shotgun shells I've ever seen.  And the gun is too damn heavy.

Lesson learned, carefully inspect the stuff out of the crates before you hand over the cash.

Stupid me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Hands across Al Asad!!!!!!!

Somebody lost a pair of NODS!!!

That is a real song we made up
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote
So RFID tracking is crazy for equipment?
Here is where the ATF used it

"The seizure occurred only because a GPS "tracker" chip had been concealed by ATF in one of the 41 guns  one of only two known instances in which ATF used GPS chips in the Fast and Furious operation, according to part one of a three part report by the joint staffs of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and Senate Committee on the Judiciary made public Tuesday."

https://www.hstoday.us/kimery-report/fast-furious-guns-should-have-been-tracked-by-gps-report-of-gop-investigation-says/
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
For the military, yes it is. Do you know how much "sensitive" equipment the military has/uses? A metric shit ton. Then you have to have a couple thousand retards sitting around, doing nothing but watching blips move across the globe on computer screens. Personal responsibility is cheaper and hammer dicks to the wall when someone looses something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think some of our local "heroes" were trying to resupply the new owner of the m-240. You can't make this shit up.

"EL PASO, Texas - Military Police are investigating why and how a military helicopter dropped a box of ammunition over Parkland Elementary School.

A spokesman with the Ysleta Independent School District said it happened at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday. The incident happened after the school day was over and no students or staff were in danger, the spokesman said.

Fort Bliss officials said the incident damaged the roof and a classroom.

"I'm extremely sorry for any damage done to the neighboring elementary school, and I am grateful that no one was injured," Col. Jay Hopkins, commander of the 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade said in a news release. "The incident is under investigation."

Fort Bliss said it will reassess current flight patterns to ensure that incidents similar to this will not happen again.

The box made a hole in the roof and caused a power outage to a portion of the building, the spokesman said."

http://www.kvia.com/news/military/military-helicopter-drops-ammunition-box-on-parkland-elementary-roof/743010719
View Quote
On Ft Carson, its the notorious "Cottonwood Junction" where units dump their unfired ordnance they don't want to deal with turning in.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ouch.

Weapon accounts will get people fired. That equipment custodian is fucked no matter if they find the weapon or not.

People from GS are desending on that base as we speak or all ready there to tear apart the weapon/equipment program. No Equipment account will be safe.

Hope they got thier shit in one sock.

Yep never ever let a sensative item leave your possession without a hand receipt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone checked the amnesty box?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I doubt that..... there is very little accountability unless it's in the private sector- and even then, some lackey will take the fall
View Quote
When it comes to keeping track of sensitive items like weapons, optics, satilite phones, night vision, radios that shit is taken very seriously in most of the military.Not saying that stuff doesn’t go missing but usually there is an absolute shit storm when those kind of things disappear.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh for fuck's sake!

I used to work in the armory when it was in Bldg. 848 many years ago, and I'm still trying to figure out how they lost a M240.  At every shift change, the armorer's do a weapons and ammo count.  If the numbers don't add up, then two of you go back and do it again.  If a weapon was out, there was either the person's weapons card or a filled out paper form in the rack slot.  Every shift change you walked the racks and made sure that there was a card or paper in every slot while doing the counts.  Flightline 203's and 60's were kept in separate racks from the missile field 203's and 60's.  They were then issued out in series so at changeover if one hadn't been returned, that empty slot stuck out like a sore thumb.  From the duty rosters that were given to the armory, you knew how many people were pulling duty on any given day.  Doing the count is tedious, but it's not fucking rocket science.

Ever since SAC went away, it seems like the base has had their fair share of fuck ups.  Live cruise missiles to Barksdale, MCC's cheating on their proficiency tests, the 40mm can bouncing down the road, and now this.  I would pay good money to see my armory NCOIC, Msgt. Regala, go on a tear and rip these people a new asshole.  It would be both  glorious and absolutely downright frightening at the same time.

When I was the M203 man out in the missile field, the grenade can was my foot stool in the Peacekeeper, so I always knew where it was.  If they had done a better job of packing their gear, the 40mm can never would have made it out of the Humvee.  Hard (and probably expensive) lesson learned.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm guessing we don't hear about all the stuff people either successfully steal from the military, or try to steal from the military.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I recall getting back from a week in the field one night.  It was late, around 2100.  Everyone wanted to get out, married guys had wives waiting in the parking lot for them.  Single guys all had hot dates set up at The Driftwood, etc...

Everyone stood in formation while we dumped gear and searched for a fucking compass one of the lieutenants lost.  We finally were released at around 2300 - No idea if they actually found that thing.

Many jokes were being made about the general proficiency of officers and land navigation, along with wondering if the same procedure would be used if a corporal had lost a compass.
View Quote
Lol the Dirtwood!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Next assignment: Nome, Alaska.
View Quote
Attu is worse(2nd to last island on the chain, you can actually see Russia, IIRC there are like 20 AF guys that live there, they do 6 month rotations doing something electronic intel/radar ish with the location).
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like I need to drive around up by Minot more often. Free NFA shit laying around everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Attu is worse(2nd to last island on the chain, you can actually see Russia, IIRC there are like 20 AF guys that live there, they do 6 month rotations doing something electronic intel/radar ish with the location).
View Quote
Attu is USCG

Shemya (Erickson) is AF.  That has Cobra Dane

You can see Attu from Shemya.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone finds this, they cam PM me and I will dispose of it properly, no questions asked.  No one will be in trouble, just do what's right and PM me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know the ATF put tracking devices in the grips of AKs and the the Soec Ops guys sometimes have weapons tracked.  Wonder if the 240 can be tracked or the 40 cal anmo can has a gps sticker on it.
View Quote
I saw a thing at Lowe's you can put in your toolbox or on a saw or something and track it with your phone.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At they sure it's lost and not some bad ATF style bookkeeping?
View Quote
This.

Or in a vehicle
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Opps.  Are they missing the aircraft it goes with?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Finders keepers
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#33]
That wasn’t the shit that fell through the school roof in TX was it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here is where the ATF used it

"The seizure occurred only because a GPS "tracker" chip had been concealed by ATF in one of the 41 guns  one of only two known instances in which ATF used GPS chips in the Fast and Furious operation, according to part one of a three part report by the joint staffs of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and Senate Committee on the Judiciary made public Tuesday."

https://www.hstoday.us/kimery-report/fast-furious-guns-should-have-been-tracked-by-gps-report-of-gop-investigation-says/
View Quote
Let's put GPS devices on all of our military weapons and ammo so that our enemy can track where everyone is - said no General ever

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know the ATF put tracking devices in the grips of AKs and the the Soec Ops guys sometimes have weapons tracked.  Wonder if the 240 can be tracked or the 40 cal anmo can has a gps sticker on it.
View Quote
umm No...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Attu is USCG

Shemya (Erickson) is AF.  That has Cobra Dane

You can see Attu from Shemya.
View Quote
A friend of mine had a picture of a polar bear standing outside the gate shack there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A friend of mine had a picture of a polar bear standing outside the gate shack there.
View Quote
On Shemya?

Its been a while but I don't remember a gate there and its pretty far south for bears.  Maybe thinking Thule?  Even Clear doesn't have polars.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Locked down until everyone dies of old age.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#41]
what is the air force doing with 40mm rounds?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#42]
They ought to send in the military to help the AF find that shit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#43]
That doesn't surprise me. A little over 10 years ago...I went to the wing armory to line up an M16 for someone that was fixing to ship out on an AEF rotation.  I was just there to get on the schedule for a weapon for that person.  Guy at the wing armory says "here you go"...and hands me a Pelican case with an M16 and three magazines.  No orders in hand. He did not ask me to sign a receipt for the weapon.  I just stood there with (probably) a look on my face.

My first thought was "what the fuck?"  My second thought was "man...I should have kept my mouth shut and enjoyed my new toy."  I opted to be a square and correct him.

If I wanted to...I could have taken that case, transfered it to my POV, left the base with it, and no one would have had an idea of where it went, when it went missing (if they were even keeping inventory), etc.

Edit: I can only imagine how much stuff (including weapons) walks right off military bases.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nuclear security
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
How brave are you?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How brave are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How brave are you?
I'd call your bosses wife and ask for a threesome, but I don't have her number

Seriously though, what is the air force doing with 40mm grenades?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd call your bosses wife and ask for a threesome, but I don't have her number

Seriously though, what is the air force doing with 40mm grenades?
View Quote
security forces has Mk19s probably
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Whoops!

Can't wait to hear that they are missing something much much more distructive.
View Quote
Well since we are being honest, we kinda lost an AT4 also......LMAO.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
To go into the M203 GL or in this case MK19, what the fuck else would you do with them?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#50]
lol @ gps sticker
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top