Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/6/2019 7:42:32 PM EDT
https://turner.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/turner-supports-restricting-military-style-weapon-sales-magazine-limits

Today, Republican Congressman Mike Turner (OH-10) announced his support for preventing military style weapon sales to civilians, magazine limits, and red flag legislation.

His words on his website:

“I strongly support the Second Amendment, but we must prevent mentally unstable people from terrorizing our communities with military style weapons. I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red flag legislation. The carnage these military style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable.

We must pass red flag legislation to quickly identify people who are dangerous and remove their ability to harm others. Too often after mass shootings, we hear there were early warning signs that were ignored.

I believe these are necessary steps forward in protecting our country and a testament to American values, which include protecting human life.

I understand not every shooting can be prevented or stopped from these measures, but I do believe these steps are essential.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
FMT

Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Traitor
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
So instead of focusing on warning signs he wants to make the rest of us defenseless and trade a false sense of security for a real loss of freedom.

Genius.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I strongly support the Second Amendment, but
View Quote
Fuck that guy.  Not the OP, though
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.  Not the OP, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.  Not the OP, though.
Yep.  If I lived in that Ohio district I’d be letting g him know how I felt.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
He must represent a moderate swing district.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope his district Rostenkowskis him.

But they probably won't.

The unarmed man is worthy of contempt.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Every fucking time.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh boy, and were off
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
FFS...
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Even the Gov of Cali says "guns don't kill people". That's why he went after ammo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
leaving us defenseless in the face of our enemies who made these attacks which are deliberately designed to get legal acquired weapons taken away from loyal law abiding Americans...without due process or compensation???
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I was also rather pissed upon reading that. He has to now been pretty solid on the 2nd. Not sure if rhis is just ducking the heat knowing these laws wont come up this session or not
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

...but he doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just remember that a bunch of RINOs jumped ship to pass the Clinton AWB.  Most of them got kicked out of office the next election along with a bunch of Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Traitor
View Quote
Out in the open
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Let me guess...

His district is purple?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We must pass red flag legislation to quickly identify people who are dangerous and remove their ability to harm others. Too often after mass shootings, we hear there were early warning signs that were ignored.
View Quote
Fix that problem.  Surely the police can do something when someone makes obvious death threats.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just remember that a bunch of RINOs jumped ship to pass the Clinton AWB.  Most of them got kicked out of office the next election along with a bunch of Democrats.
View Quote
And after, they were too scared to fuck with gun owners again that way for nearly 20 years.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Out in the open
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor
Out in the open
Bout time they outed themselves.

Most Republicans will take your guns as quick as a Democrat if they think they can do it without losing their next election.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

Yup there is no “but” you either do or you don’t. So fuck that guy
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck you Mike.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buddy Darden in Georgia was one of them
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fix that problem.  Surely the police can do something when someone makes obvious death threats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean, he basically comes out & says red flag confiscation wouldn't have helped because warning signs were ignored...but we need to pass red flags so we can confiscate based on warning signs, or something
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

"But-monkey"
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I strongly support the second amendment, but..... F*** that POS. I hope he gets voted out next election cycle.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
If they turn traitor and all they hear is anti-2A folks is raising them they’ll be happy to keep going.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Just the first of many. We are on the "losing" side of this issue -- at least legislatively.

"Assault" rifles **WILL** be banned -- federally -- and they will absolutely push for an "Australian-style buyback" of the millions of semi-automatic rifles and make it a felony if you do not comply. At the very least, they will compel registration of rifles and "large capacity" magazines, a la "The Constitution State" (Connecticut).

The days of "legal" AR/AK ownership are quickly coming to an end, and all the forum bravado you can muster won't prevent the Progressive Steamroller from accomplishing their goals.

If wishes were horses, and all that...
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
WTF Ohio?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
We're on our own. Only those R's that are in slam-dunk districts won't crack. Too many districts are close enough that those R's will hedge their bets and support RFL and mag bans to help in their next election.

I don't know if this is that hill, but it's beginning to look alot like it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I love how they always lead off with I strongly support the 2A...

Maybe soon folks will wake up and realize just cuz people have an (R) they still have to earn our votes. Not get them just cuz (R)

We are certainly getting 2A raped with these latest shootings, don’t expect it to stop folks. Fuck voting for anybody who rapes the 2A.  They won’t learn if we shower them with votes.

Next shooting will earn us more gun control.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Well Ohio people now have a job; vote him out
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#36]
“But”
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Time to start donating to his primary opponent. Absolutely no excuse for this betrayal of the people who elected him.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He must represent a moderate swing district.
View Quote
Dayton.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just the first of many. We are on the "losing" side of this issue -- at least legislatively.

"Assault" rifles **WILL** be banned -- federally -- and they will absolutely push for an "Australian-style buyback" of the millions of semi-automatic rifles and make it a felony if you do not comply. At the very least, they will compel registration of rifles and "large capacity" magazines, a la "The Constitution State" (Connecticut).

The days of "legal" AR/AK ownership are quickly coming to an end, and all the forum bravado you can muster won't prevent the Progressive Steamroller from accomplishing their goals.

View Quote
And the republicans will spearhead the effort.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#40]
He's a corrupt pile of garbage, apparently.

From his Wikipedia page:

"In both 2008 and 2010 Turner was listed as one of the "most corrupt members of Congress" by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington for "enrichment of self, family, or friends" and "solicitation of gifts".[34][35]

In 2006, a marketing firm owned by Turner's first wife, Lori, was hired without competitive bidding by the Dayton Development Coalition, an organization which lobbies for federal funds from congressmen such as Representative Turner, to develop a regional re-branding campaign. She withdrew from the coalition in 2008 weeks after reports of the agreement surfaced which also revealed that her firm was compensated at least $300,000 to produce the slogan "Get Midwest".[15][36][37]

A 2008 report released by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington detailed $54,065 that Turner's election committee had paid to his wife's marketing company between 2002 and 2006 based on public campaign finance disclosures.[38]

At various times Turner has been criticized by fiscally conservative groups, such as the Citizens Against Government Waste, for siphoning federal taxpayer dollars to local line-item projects, specifically after obtaining $250,000 to a local theater in his district in Wilmington, Ohio[39] and $4,000,000 for Open Source Research Centers intended for Radiance Technologies in Fairborn, Ohio.[40]

According to analysis conducted by the Dayton Daily News in 2016[41], when Rep. Mike Turner came to Congress in 2002, he claimed between $153,026 and $695,000 worth of assets on his financial disclosure form. In 2016, he claimed between $2.8 million and $10.3 million. The paper credited his second marriage (now also divorced) to an energy lobbyist as a contributing reason for the increase, since her assets as well as his were listed on his 2016 financial disclosure form. Their relationship raised red-flags[42] when Turner was accused of authoring natural gas legislation that might benefit her employer at the time, Cheniere Energy."
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately I think you are correct. Self sufficient freedom loving responsible people are a dying breed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Traitor
View Quote
Yep. He's one of the useful idiots now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

Every single time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#46]
So must we piss on the constitution and take away the rights of hundreds of millions and the untold yet to be born because of the actions of a few.
How about we ban all Muslims, and everyone from every group that can be linked to murders. If we are going to do this lets go all the way the broad brush
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Well there goes his re-election.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I support the second amendment,  but...
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://turner.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/turner-supports-restricting-military-style-weapon-sales-magazine-limits

Today, Republican Congressman Mike Turner (OH-10) announced his support for preventing military style weapon sales to civilians, magazine limits, and red flag legislation.

His words on his website:

“I strongly support the Second Amendment, but we must prevent mentally unstable people from terrorizing our communities with military style weapons. I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red flag legislation. The carnage these military style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable.

I believe these are necessary steps forward in protecting our country and a testament to American values, which include protecting human life.

I understand not every shooting can be prevented or stopped from these measures, but I do believe these steps are essential.
View Quote
Bought and paid for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Every fucking time.

Every quisling begins their statement with that declaration.

McConnell won't let any anti-gun bullshit onto the Senate floor...I hope and pray.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top