BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ah yes, when caravans were put together by some unknown force for completely legitimate reasons with funding coming from God knows where?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as good as Trump.

Trump brings record low border crossings without giving amnesty

Border Patrol apprehended 303,916 undocumented migrants near the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2017. That was the lowest annual total since 1972. This is part of a long-term trend of declining apprehensions at the border. In 13 of the last 16 years (and 9 of the last 10), the annual number of migrants apprehended by Border Patrol has consistently ranked lower than the previous three-year average. And according to CBP’s best estimates, the number of migrants who evade apprehension has also been shrinking.

This year saw 26 percent fewer migrants than 2016. The drop began after Donald Trump’s inauguration: February, March, and April saw the fewest monthly apprehensions since at least 2000, when Border Patrol makes monthly records available, and probably since the 1970s.

You should actually try and learn something about the SW border.

You should actually look at the chart I posted and then try actually reading the article you actually linked:

"After April 2017, monthly totals of migrant apprehensions stopped dropping. Though the “Trump effect” hasn’t totally faded, the number of apprehensions in September 2017 resembles the number in September 2014, and may continue to increase."

Ah yes, when caravans were put together by some unknown force for completely legitimate reasons with funding coming from God knows where?

Ah, yes, the ol' faithful conspiracy theory. Like a nice warm blanket. Once again Trump was powerless in the face of the great dark complex mysterious forces arrayed against him but surely next time things will be different yadda yadda...

Or it could be that illegal immigration is largely driven by labor demand and until that's addressed enforcement is a band-aid but that, nah, that wouldn't be nearly as exciting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So no, you don't have an answer. That's all you had to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might engage in good faith conversation if you didn’t act like an asshole, but it’s par for the course in GD these days. If usernames were turned off this post could have been made by Ryan_Ruck, Shenanigunz, ArmyInfantryVet, Top_Secret, bullet_sponge……

It’s all so tiresome

So no, you don't have an answer. That's all you had to say.

No, I have an answer that I’m not interesting in discussing with YOU
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
More comrades who against the bill:

“The things that are in the bill that were negotiated are things that are Trumpian kind of policies that have never worked to actually address the issues that we have,” said Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), head of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.), a former Progressive Caucus chair who represents almost all of the Arizona-Mexico border, said the solutions being proposed in the Senate bill “are more punitive than anything else.”

“Right now my instincts are not to support it,” he said. “I’ve never supported what I hear is in there.”

“Everything that I’ve heard that’s in this bill is going to set immigration reform — real comprehensive immigration reform — back 10 or 15 years,” said Rep. Nanette Barragán (D-Calif.), the head of the Hispanic Caucus.

“If there was something in there like pathways [to citizenship] or Dreamers, that would be a very different conversation,” she continued. “But there was no negotiation. It was really a hostage-taking, and saying, ‘OK, what more do you want?’ And it was mostly concessions on things that there’s evidence is not going to fix the problem.”
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

“The things that are in the bill that were negotiated are things that are Trumpian kind of policies that have never worked to actually address the issues that we have,” said Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), head of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.), a former Progressive Caucus chair who represents almost all of the Arizona-Mexico border, said the solutions being proposed in the Senate bill “are more punitive than anything else.”

“Right now my instincts are not to support it,” he said. “I’ve never supported what I hear is in there.”

“Everything that I’ve heard that’s in this bill is going to set immigration reform — real comprehensive immigration reform — back 10 or 15 years,” said Rep. Nanette Barragán (D-Calif.), the head of the Hispanic Caucus.

“If there was something in there like pathways [to citizenship] or Dreamers, that would be a very different conversation,” she continued. “But there was no negotiation. It was really a hostage-taking, and saying, ‘OK, what more do you want?’ And it was mostly concessions on things that there’s evidence is not going to fix the problem.”
View Quote

Yes, radical progressive leftists did not support this bill but I don't think this makes the point you think it does
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, radical progressive leftists did not support this bill but I don't think this makes the point you think it does
View Quote

My point being anything both the radical progressive left and the radical cultist left oppose probably has merit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It allowed for 4,999 "illegal aliens" to be "encountered" a day.

Here's the kicker...

IF one of those illegals says, "I claim asylum"  -they don't count as part of the 4,999.
View Quote

Also, anyone here illegally from a non-contiguous country wouldn’t even be counted. So… people from China, Iran, Yemen, etc. are exempt from the 5K limitation or the requirement that Americans know how many have invaded our country.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also, anyone here illegally from a non-contiguous country wouldn’t even be counted. So… people from China, Iran, Yemen, etc. are exempt from the 5K limitation or the requirement that Americans know how many have invaded our country.

Fuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the kicker...

IF one of those illegals says, "I claim asylum"  -they don't count as part of the 4,999.

Fuck that.

What's the limitation now?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The bill was the biggest fucking farse and just a pro-illegal Trojan Horse that would be a noose around the necks of every Republican who voted for it. Good riddance.

What the Republicans should say is NO Ukraine/Israel funding until Biden secures the damn border and reinstates remain in Mexico. PERIOD. No legislation needed and that would be a fair deal. And if he refuses to that well fuck it then. They wanna blow up the USA then we will blow up their little pet projects overseas. Not a fair trade for us but they get NOTHING.

https://makeameme.org/meme/you-get-nothing-sxw1jr
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The money for 'border security' was to enable processing and releasing immigrants into the US faster. There was nothing to secure a damn thing in there. Biden could secure the border with the wave of a hand. The politicians are lying to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That bill was a huge turd, a huge pile of SHIT. Fuck be upon any republican that supported it.

We Americans are SICK of this BULLSHIT.

OK but now we get nothing. No additional boarder security at all no immigration caps, no agreed upon mechanistic to formally close the boarder, nothing.

...and they will just pass the 95 Billion dollar bill and give the Ukraine and  Isreal thier money anyway.

This is giant cluster fuck now. It was just a regular cluster fuck before.

I would have passed the bill and then had Trump's admi distraction tightness the reigns, but what do I know...

The money for 'border security' was to enable processing and releasing immigrants into the US faster. There was nothing to secure a damn thing in there. Biden could secure the border with the wave of a hand. The politicians are lying to you.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
i still want to know if thousands of Russian Soldiers were coming across the Southern Border would Biden need congress to pass a law for him to do something about it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i still want to know if thousands of Russian Soldiers were coming across the Southern Border would Biden need congress to pass a law for him to do something about it?
View Quote

Biden and the marxists don't want American citizens to know that current law in existence (8 USC 1182 [9][f]) says:

Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can't risk making progress on a critical wedge issue this close to an election.
View Quote

Progress?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't fix the border! Trump needs it as an issue to run on!
View Quote

Rent-free
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

new york trump offered them most of these things in exchange for genuine border security funds and action - democrats spit in his face

chin music - they want a wide open border and will not negotiate

it is fastest route to single party rule
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OK but now we get nothing. No additional boarder security at all no immigration caps, no agreed upon mechanistic to formally close the boarder, nothing.

...and they will just pass the 95 Billion dollar bill and give the Ukraine and  Isreal thier money anyway.

I would have passed the bill and then had Trump's admi distraction tightness the reigns, but what do I know...

View Quote
We weren't getting anything anyway. The border was not going to close for anything. The 5,000 a day number was to only consist of people from Mexico or Canada, people from anywhere else did not count towards the 5,000 and then there were loopholes to exclude people from Mexico and Canada from that 5,000 based on their situation. This bill was also meant to be a giant step towards amnesty which Biden admitted on TV.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Bill specifically did not allow that. Thay was one of consessions the Democrats had made.

I know the spending bill was a pile of shit the changes to the boarder were a step in the right direction.

View Quote
No, it was another nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Weird how the Border Patrol Union, which was in a giant lovefest with Trump for the entirety of his administration, along with anyone in Congress or the policy world who knew their ass from a hole in the ground when it came to the border, thought it was a good bill. But if the entire Trumpovik commentariat is against it then it must be a horrible bill!
View Quote
Or you can check out the details and make your own decision about the bill and how bad it is.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No because an armed military force is different from a civilian law enforcement matter.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
1.  That bill was Ukraine funding misnamed as a border bill.

2.  The president already has the authority to deal with this, by proclaimation.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here's the kicker...

View Quote

And our Border Patrol should respond with ‘That claim is invalid as you didn’t claim it while you were in Mexico’.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is just a flat out lie.  If you don't know that you are amazingly ignorant.
View Quote

Lankford has been disowned by the Missouri GOP over this. He’s not a Republican. This is a Chuck Schumer bill.

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Cumhole said something about it. I wasn't really paying much attention other than that.  I am against 99.9% of what he is for. Fucking just like his slime ball Dad was and Bro is.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not to worry, Trump has declared that he will close the border the first day in the White House! All is good the Don has it figured out! Um……then again,wonder why he didn’t close the border while HE was president?
View Quote

He'll sic the 2A Coalition right the fuck on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have all the laws we need to close the border and deport illegal crossers already. Why do you think a new law would make any difference?  

Also the new law essentially legalized 150k entries a month, it protected that many.    Right now every illegal entry is a felony.  This law would have made things worse.

It's typical gaslighting bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That won't happen, now we give Ukraine and Isreal Billions and have NO changes at all to the boarder situation.

We lost, when we thought we won.
View Quote
No we won't. That bill won't even get a vote in the house
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Biden has the same things available to him that Trump did.  Trump secured the border.  We don't need additional legislation.  Anything they propose is the opposite of what we need.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good, keep flooding them into every sanctuary state & city.  Also, start targeting the locales & hometowns of everyone in this WH admin.

It's a terrible bill that does nothing to force the executive branch to enforce the border and shouldn't be passed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brilliant!
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lankford has been disowned by the Missouri GOP over this. He’s not a Republican. This is a Chuck Schumer bill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is just a flat out lie.  If you don't know that you are amazingly ignorant.

He's Paul Ryan.

He's caught the Liz Cheney.

He's a crypto- Biden ball holder like Anzinger.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Schumer and Biden are in favor of it, it's probably a bad bill.
View Quote

Like their NeoCon brothers the Commies want Perpetual War rationalized by Noble Lies
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as good as Trump.

Trump brings record low border crossings without giving amnesty

Border Patrol apprehended 303,916 undocumented migrants near the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2017. That was the lowest annual total since 1972. This is part of a long-term trend of declining apprehensions at the border. In 13 of the last 16 years (and 9 of the last 10), the annual number of migrants apprehended by Border Patrol has consistently ranked lower than the previous three-year average. And according to CBP’s best estimates, the number of migrants who evade apprehension has also been shrinking.

This year saw 26 percent fewer migrants than 2016. The drop began after Donald Trump’s inauguration: February, March, and April saw the fewest monthly apprehensions since at least 2000, when Border Patrol makes monthly records available, and probably since the 1970s.

You should actually try and learn something about the SW border.

You should actually look at the chart I posted and then try actually reading the article you actually linked:

"After April 2017, monthly totals of migrant apprehensions stopped dropping. Though the “Trump effect” hasn’t totally faded, the number of apprehensions in September 2017 resembles the number in September 2014, and may continue to increase."

The unknown source vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Candidate Biden Calls On Illegal Immigrants to Surge the Border

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ah, yes, the ol' faithful conspiracy theory. Like a nice warm blanket. Once again Trump was powerless in the face of the great dark complex mysterious forces arrayed against him but surely next time things will be different yadda yadda...

Or it could be that illegal immigration is largely driven by labor demand and until that's addressed enforcement is a band-aid but that, nah, that wouldn't be nearly as exciting.
View Quote

What a load of BS
Candidate Biden Calls On Illegal Immigrants to Surge the Border
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No because an armed military force is different from a civilian law enforcement matter.

View Quote

What if they were unarmed?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Might be kinda hard to climb the fence or wade the river without arms.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Might be kinda hard to climb the fence or wade the river without arms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Unarmed”

Attachment Attached File

The illegal immigration problem in the USA is a law enforcement matter, not a military one and trying to paint it as something similar to what Ukraine is facing is not helping your case
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He'll sic the 2A Coalition Task Force right the fuck on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to worry, Trump has declared that he will close the border the first day in the White House! All is good the Don has it figured out! Um……then again,wonder why he didn’t close the border while HE was president?

He'll sic the 2A Coalition Task Force right the fuck on it.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top