BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because a lot of "questions" you guys have are "what if" or rhetorical or so childish they aren't worthy of remembering. And I'm not going back up in the thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why reply in the first place? You couldn’t keep track of a concise, single sentence question? Thank Christ you’re retired. We sure as shit don’t need you.
Because a lot of "questions" you guys have are "what if" or rhetorical or so childish they aren't worthy of remembering. And I'm not going back up in the thread
That's a very poor reply.  If you're gonna spend this much time arguing in this thread you should at least put forth some effort to defend your argument.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
All I asked is what necessitates disarming a citizen. Pretty simple. Sorry to fluster you
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like CJ has cleaned up his act in recent years and actually started doing some good but this was two 'tards passing in the night. Officer misshandled this situation and CJ got the shitstorm he was looking for that day...

-Former LEO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All I asked is what necessitates disarming a citizen. Pretty simple. Sorry to fluster you
View Quote
And as I've posted earlier there are several reasons/circumstances where it's justified for a cop to disarm a citizen.
You're not capable of flustering me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Do what you are told peasants!!!! The police never make a mistake!!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm beginning to wonder if ryann isn't Dave_A's new account.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So when, in your opinion, is an officer justified in disarming a citizen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol arguing PC and police procedure translates into endorsing expansive government powers.
You sovereigns/anarchists/ANTIFAs are so invested in "muh oppressive government" victimhood that you're incapable of a structured discussion.
Nobody in this thread has defended the cop 100% but any rebuttal, any pushback, become advocating for ubiquitous government control.
Get over yourself snowflake.
So when, in your opinion, is an officer justified in disarming a citizen?
When he or she is able to articulate facts that indicate to a reasonable person that a crime has been or will be committed. It's really not rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Before I retired I damn near shot a guy chasing another guy down a side street in a residential area. Guy had tunnel vision, didn't see me until I very impolitely told him to stop and drop the gun. He complied and I separated him from the weapon. Turns out he was chasing his teenaged daughters boyfriend because he jumped on her at the dads house. Nobody was arrested.
Should I have said to myself "gee there goes a freedom loving patriot running down the street exercising his 2nd ammendment right?"
View Quote
That sounds like you could reasonably articulate a reason you believed his actions might indicate he had committed a crime. Please indicate similar facts about the OP that indicate a crime had been committed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Juror Speaks Out From Master Sgt C.J. Grisham Trial (DC Exclusive)
Posted By: Phoenix Pizgattion: October 21, 2013In: News Print Email

A DontComply.com Exclusive – DC has obtained a exclusive interview from Mr. Cotterill a Juror in the trial of Master Sergeant C.J. Grisham.  Mr Cotterill gives us a deep inside look into the trial, a new understanding of the outcome and why one Juror held out ending in a hung jury.

“This charge I felt was garbage”  ,  “Both of these men, Grisham and Officer Ermis, they’re both human but they are also both Heros” – Mr. Cotterill

“Master Sergeant C.J. Grisham, prominent military blogger and founder of A Soldier’s Perspective, is currently embroiled in a battle to defend his second amendment rights. On March 16, 2013, C.J. was arrested in his hometown of Temple, Texas, for “rudely displaying” a hunting rifle while on a hike with his 15-year-old son. C.J., who is stationed at nearby Fort Hood, holds a permit for the weapon he was openly carrying that day, which is legal in the right-to-carry state of Texas as long as it does not cause alarm. Since the story broke, many Americans have been stunned by the video footage of the arrest, which was filmed by both C.J. and his son.” – A Soldier’s Perspective

By Matthew Short

https://www.dontcomply.com/juror-speaks-out-from-master-sgt-c-j-grisham-trial-dc-exclusive/
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Legitimate complaints"
Nobody justified all of that cops actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a gun forum that is very supportive of LEOs, where we have major issues with the conduct of one particularly disgusting example of an LEO who every other LEO should be questioning as well, what do we have instead?

Not just some LEOs and former LEOs coming out of the woodwork to justify his unjustifiable actions, but equating the legitimate complaints of the citizenry about his actions with ANTIFA, sovereign citizens, and anarchists.

I would purge the site of people with those antagonistic and unwelcome points of view, especially once they start talking about escalating it even further to lethal force and personal attacks.

You don't ever side with a guy whose conduct is anything like the officer in the OP.
"Legitimate complaints"
Nobody justified all of that cops actions.
You don't need to justify all his actions to wipe your ass with the Constitution. You shouldn't be defending any of his actions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Juror Speaks Out From Master Sgt C.J. Grisham Trial (DC Exclusive)
Posted By: Phoenix Pizgattion: October 21, 2013In: News Print Email

A DontComply.com Exclusive – DC has obtained a exclusive interview from Mr. Cotterill a Juror in the trial of Master Sergeant C.J. Grisham.  Mr Cotterill gives us a deep inside look into the trial, a new understanding of the outcome and why one Juror held out ending in a hung jury.

“This charge I felt was garbage”  ,  “Both of these men, Grisham and Officer Ermis, they’re both human but they are also both Heros” – Mr. Cotterill

“Master Sergeant C.J. Grisham, prominent military blogger and founder of A Soldier’s Perspective, is currently embroiled in a battle to defend his second amendment rights. On March 16, 2013, C.J. was arrested in his hometown of Temple, Texas, for “rudely displaying” a hunting rifle while on a hike with his 15-year-old son. C.J., who is stationed at nearby Fort Hood, holds a permit for the weapon he was openly carrying that day, which is legal in the right-to-carry state of Texas as long as it does not cause alarm. Since the story broke, many Americans have been stunned by the video footage of the arrest, which was filmed by both C.J. and his son.” – A Soldier’s Perspective

By Matthew Short

https://www.dontcomply.com/juror-speaks-out-from-master-sgt-c-j-grisham-trial-dc-exclusive/
View Quote
What does the "victims" prior military service have to do with this or any of his other capers?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They went out looking for a problem and found one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't need the initial contact explained to me because I'm all for it.

If you get a complaint, you have to follow-up with that complaint and investigate.

I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

What he did after making initial contact is indefensible, even from an officer safety perspective in a society that doesn't care about the citizenry.
View Quote
I do. That is, I see nothing wrong with driving past and, although I think a reasonable person would find it unnecessary, the cop can certainly talk to them, but until he finds something that indicates a crime, he can fuck right off. And reticence to answer stupid, nosy questions is not indicative of a crime.

To unpack that further, the cop CAN stop and talk to anyone. But the attitude that he should just because the guy had a gun is a poor attitude for a cop to have.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I spend a fair amount of time in the woods with my AR (Hunting, backpacking, and camping) in CA no less. When I have my AR out there, I keep it broken down in a frame pack until I get out into the wilderness. Why? Because I understand that it might frighten some people on a trail or in a parking lot, and it is inviting the man into my life.

Is it legal for that man to walk down the road and carry an AR? From what I gather, yes. But dude, concealed means concealed. Lots of things are legal, it dosen't mean they are all good ideas.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We’re beating this dead horse again?
View Quote
Yep, evidently OP feels we do not have enough new shit to argue about.  Reminds me of my wife.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And as I've posted earlier there are several reasons/circumstances where it's justified for a cop to disarm a citizen.
You're not capable of flustering me.
View Quote
You seem to have implied it can be justified on a whim and without reason. Just trying to clarify.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We don't have an Law Enforcement problem.

We have an education and moral crisis.
View Quote
We can have both. And we can also recognize that police today are almost certainly much better behaved than 30 years ago. Because they know we are watching, but also because departments are training better and policing their own better. It just looks like there are a bunch of self important bullies because the few that exist are much more visible.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When he or she is able to articulate facts that indicate to a reasonable person that a crime has been or will be committed. It's really not rocket surgery.
View Quote
Those are the magic words I’m trying to get him to spit out
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Ol' first sarge was trolling there, and he caught a big one.  I'm surprised a cop in Texas would take the exact approach that one did in the environment in which this scenario occurred.  Ol' sarge was looking for action and so was the cop.  Both are at fault to some degree for sure, but the cop is the one who's supposed to have his emotions in control.  Therefore I award the cop more negative points for allowing this thing to get to the level it did.  A large element of being a successful cop is how you handle people, diffuse situations, and stay on an even keel.  Sure, there are times when the first action and the first sound is not talking...it's gunfire, or fists, or a taser.  However, those are few and far between...but...if you want to survive, a cop has to consider every call and contact a potential danger.  That's a funky balancing act in a "free society".

Everyone's an expert in case like this.  And many on both sides of the arguments here might fail if they were actually in Ol' sarge's shoes or the cop's.  In this case we know the actual background to Ol' sarge's situation, and that he is not a threat to the officer.  You don't have that luxury in most calls.  This could just as easily been a case where Ol' sarge and the missus had a big argument where he just killed her.  Ol' sarge is now marching little Johnny away from the scene with his AR dangling from his neck when...Oooops!...here comes the popo.  You can fill in the blanks with all kinds of scenarios.  It's not as easy as it looks...seldom is.  Still, I fault this officer to a large degree for his demeanor and lack of people skill in the interaction.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but man walking down the ride with a rifle now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
View Quote
True enough... Common sense isn't so common, so it's often better to try to avoid drawing attention to yourself. Especially when you've got assholes wearing badges in your locale.

It doesn't matter whether or not it's illegal, it's whether or not the cop thinks it's illegal. And they say ignorance of the law is no excuse... Those dipshits need their immunity yanked so they get sued good and proper before they kill someone or get themselves killed, because it's only a matter of time before those types fuck with someone who refuses to get fucked when they aren't in the wrong.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who defended him after the initial contact?
View Quote
It certainly seemed that you were with all that prattling about Terry. At which point do you think the cop began acting like a douchebag and/or illegally?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I spend a fair amount of time in the woods with my AR (Hunting, backpacking, and camping) in CA no less. When I have my AR out there, I keep it broken down in a frame pack until I get out into the wilderness. Why? Because I understand that it might frighten some people on a trail or in a parking lot, and it is inviting the man into my life.

Is it legal for that man to walk down the road and carry an AR? From what I gather, yes. But dude, concealed means concealed. Lots of things are legal, it dosen't mean they are all good ideas.
View Quote
Yeah, I live in America, and I carry what arms I wish, when I wish. I carry an AR out to my truck every morning and into my home every night. I often carry a rifle while hiking, fishing, camping, etc. I have never been hassled by a cop about it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Law abiding citizens who expect LEOs to follow the law does not equal anarchist/sovereign citizens.

These are blatant fallacies you're creating to defend the actions of an LEO who doesn't deserve the trust of his community to have these duties and responsibilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You strangely don't address that _Terry_ is NOT an unlimited power to stop and frisk individuals walking down the street...

Btw, you're on a gun site where the vast majority of posters support law and order, arguing in such a manner as to cause at least some people to question whether law enforcement is properly filling the governmental role of protecting rights...
I never argued it was unlimited; I'll tell you what though, any cop worth a shit sees suspicious activity (guy slinking around a closed business in a high burglary for just one example) and approaches the individual who acts squirrels, he's gonna get patted down for weapons. You and your fellow anarchist/sovereign citizens may not like that but tough fucking shit.
Law abiding citizens who expect LEOs to follow the law does not equal anarchist/sovereign citizens.

These are blatant fallacies you're creating to defend the actions of an LEO who doesn't deserve the trust of his community to have these duties and responsibilities.
If all he's got is personal attacks, that's all he's got.  Just like his other comment trying to suggest I support ANTIFA terrorists, which cause me to wonder why he still has posting privileges here, since he's obviously not capable of abiding by the code of conduct.

Strangely enough, my personal friends include many law enforcement officers at all levels and sizes of agencies, from street cops to police chiefs, small rural Texas agencies to LAPD, DEA, FBI, and Federal Air Marshals.  But they're all capable of discussing things without devolving to personal attacks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If all he's got is personal attacks, that's all he's got.  Just like his other comment trying to suggest I support ANTIFA terrorists, which cause me to wonder why he still has posting privileges here, since he's obviously not capable of abiding by the code of conduct.

Strangely enough, my personal friends include many law enforcement officers at all levels and sizes of agencies, from street cops to police chiefs, small rural Texas agencies to LAPD, DEA, FBI, and Federal Air Marshals.  But they're all capable of discussing things without devolving to personal attacks.
View Quote
Uhhh dude, didn't you accuse me of wanting to expand government at the expense of civil liberties in response to a point I was trying to make?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wrong.

I watched both videos before posting.
The officer told the man to not touch his weapon.
You can see the mans other hand at the weapon stock. THAT was when the officer escalated.

Only he would know, but I'm assuming that he was looking for indication it might be FA, or a ghost gun, or any number of other things. Did this not ever come out at the trails that resulted?

The man has no standing to make that demand.
How do YOU KNOW that the mans intentions were to "secure his stock and fore end"? How is the officer supposed to know that? Once again, we see someone post something from conjecture or what they must assume is some mind-reading capability of an officer.

He ( I assume) sees the mans hand move to the gun when he told the man NOT to do that, and the officer drew his sidearm and secured the man in cuffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you haven't taken the time to watch the video before commenting, or didn't notice what the sequence of events were.

The officer escalated before asking the victim to not touch his firearm.
Wrong.

You can see the mans other hand at the weapon stock. THAT was when the officer escalated.

The officer first aggressively grabbed the rifle without permission, then tried to read something on the AR15 as if he knew what he was doing. I'm not sure what information he thought he was gaining by visually inspection the firearm and placing his head down in a low SA stance, but he's clearly a dummy acting on the fly.
Only he would know, but I'm assuming that he was looking for indication it might be FA, or a ghost gun, or any number of other things. Did this not ever come out at the trails that resulted?

The citizen then reached up with both hands to secure his stock and fore end while clearly stating, "Woah. Hey, don't disarm me."
How do YOU KNOW that the mans intentions were to "secure his stock and fore end"? How is the officer supposed to know that? Once again, we see someone post something from conjecture or what they must assume is some mind-reading capability of an officer.

He ( I assume) sees the mans hand move to the gun when he told the man NOT to do that, and the officer drew his sidearm and secured the man in cuffs.
this is where you lost any credibility you may have had.  a ghost gun?  seriously?  do us all a favor and stay in new york.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
this is where you lost any credibility you may have had.  a ghost gun?  seriously?  do us all a favor and stay in new york.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you haven't taken the time to watch the video before commenting, or didn't notice what the sequence of events were.

The officer escalated before asking the victim to not touch his firearm.
Wrong.

The officer first aggressively grabbed the rifle without permission, then tried to read something on the AR15 as if he knew what he was doing. I'm not sure what information he thought he was gaining by visually inspection the firearm and placing his head down in a low SA stance, but he's clearly a dummy acting on the fly.

The citizen then reached up with both hands to secure his stock and fore end while clearly stating, "Woah. Hey, don't disarm me."

Which may I add, are also legal in TX.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Serious question-what is a ghost gun?
Never mind googled it
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Never mind googled it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind googled it
80 percenter (or 0 percenter) that you milled. Libtards came up with the retarded phrase tho, some kind of buzzword to induce fright into the public. Normal shit they're always up to.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kiss the ring peasant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
fuck that.  if its legal then mind your own damn business.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are both otherwise legal objects that can be used in an unlawful manner. There is no difference. If there was not reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime had been committed, the  dangerous man with a gun had no business even talking to the guy walking with his son, let alone attacking him. It's only a shame the criminal went home safely.
Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.

Says the guy worried about ghost guns.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#32]
What a piece of shit cop. Reaches out, completely unprovoked and grabs the dudes rifle.

Oh look there are pages and pages of JBT bootlickers here to defend him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Grisham was never afraid to stand up to bullies and it bit him in the ass more than a few times. He was a pretty well known (in the mil blog world) mil blogger and was at the White House to discuss mil bloggingwith 2 different presidents.

First he butted heads with a school board and they arocked him. His CoC got involved and tried to shut him down but he fought that and won.

Then he got into it with Michael Yon. Basically, Grisham suspected that Yon was either lying, or regurgitating untrue info being fed to him when writing his 'dispatches' about Iraq and Afghanistan (that he wrote from Thailand). Grisham set Yon up, sent him a email under a fake name with some pretty outlandish stories and Yon wrote about it, claiming he had multiple sources. Grisham revealed what happened and Yon has been cyberstalking and encouraging his readers to arock him for about 8 years now. It's actually kinda pathetic.

Also, sometime during all of this, he wrote a blog post critical of Obama and that's what finally got him shut down by the Army.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Terry v Ohio is a right the officer didn't exercise. Now he's dead. You're talking shit about somebody you don't know.
View Quote
^^^^  True on Terry v Ohio...  However there is this whole other called...  
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What a piece of shit cop. Reaches out, completely unprovoked and grabs the dudes rifle.

Oh look there are pages and pages of JBT bootlickers here to defend him.
View Quote
Pretty disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Locked: Insults
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top