Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't be able to get over that kind of money that some scumbag ripped off online....would probably take a plane to his state to settle it face to face
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post the pictures on HKpro, see how fast the users there identify it as fake.
View Quote
This is where the OP needs to go next
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Value of genuine vs the repro? Shit deal either way, just curious.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
OP should post some pics so we can see the issues he is upset about. Hard to give advice without pics.

That's what I would do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sturmgewehr is where all the old time NFA dealers hang out that are crooks.

Van from autoweapons.com hung out there. What does that tell you?

Buddy Hinton is also a douchebag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I once got screwed as well on GB by an out of state ffl dealer years ago. I bought a CZ 9mm race gun from the dealer and he had numerous 100% A+ rated feedback. I emailed him about the pistol, he stated it was a trade in and made sure it was a 9mm, as that was  what I was looking to compete with. I bought it and picked it up from my dealer. When I got it, it was a 9mm alright, a 9mm x 21. Needless to say I was pissed but in the end I was stuck with it. All I could do was post negative feedback as GB was no help whatsoever. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but letting you know you are not alone. There are some shady people out there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s right there in the guy’s feedback, it was the most recent “seller” feedback until a few mins ago when the OP in this thread left his F feedback.

Anything high dollar like this I check out the feedback and look at the feedback including how recent it is.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/493593/955A2BC4-3DF3-4ABE-8890-E566E720A9E0_jpeg-918166.JPG
View Quote
Oops
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
you got a toad case...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
So the pictures are fake and it doesn't say made in Germany by Hofbauer?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The seller is well known in the NFA community and does work a lot of RARE MG’s, can confirm he was at knob creek. I doubt someone with his position would deliberately pull a fast one given the amount of high end people who have him do work for them. 2700 seems like chump change for him to destroy his reputation over. Keep us updated, best of luck-Mat
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I am by no means an expert and the autists over at HKPro would be the go-to source, but isn't the -case- itself still the same case even on the Bailey cases?

I'd always heard the case itself was an off the shelf case that was modified to hold the MP5K, rather than being built from the ground up to house it. If that is true, isn't it possible for the firing case to be both "authentic" (in that it uses the correct case) and a "fake" because it is a conversion not made by HK (or the people who made them for HK)?

Semantics but just throwing it out there.

And I've dealt with the OP a few times, he is good people. I have no reason to believe he is making anything up or freaking out over nothing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP should post some pics so we can see the issues he is upset about. Hard to give advice without pics.

That's what I would do.
View Quote
I have it in the safe at work, but if you look at this website, you can see what I'm talking about.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/27/review-hk-mp5k-briefcase-modifications/

The one I received has a metal handle and Phillips head screws just like this one:

The real ones are plastic with flat heads and a different profile......look like this:

Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
HK people problems.

Good luck.
View Quote
Exactly

I thought the first rule of HK club is you don't try to buy cheap shit. The more you spend the more cred you have.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
tag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still coming to terms with $3,000 for a briefcase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Stop payment on your check.
Leave negative feedback.
/Thread
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Exactly

I thought the first rule of HK club is you don't try to buy cheap shit. The more you spend the more cred you have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK people problems.

Good luck.
Exactly

Which seems to be exactly what the OP was trying to do, buy something authentic instead of a POS Todd "Toad" Bailey clusterfuck, may many fucks continue to be upon him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Guy in Oregon just gpt convicted of selling counterfeit rifle scopes. So it can happen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
$3,000+++ for a briefcase?

holy shit..
View Quote
LoL!
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, this blows my mind. A three thousand dollar briefcase. A briefcase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys must have missed the $2000 telephone thread. There weren't as many folks incredulous to the cost in there as I would have thought.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You guys must have missed the $2000 telephone thread. There weren't as many folks incredulous to the cost in there as I would have thought.
View Quote
I'm quite content with my unlocked older $299 cell phones I buy every two years. $2000 for a cell phone is just as nutty as a $3000 briefcase.

Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I think you might be screwed. He didn't technically mislead or lie in description.  He said the briefcase is for an HK MP5K, which it is. Same case in pictures as the one he sold you.
He never claimed the case itself was HK or anything,  etc
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#24]
The Gunbroker listing itself is accurate "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German"  That is an accurate description of the said case.   When Hofbeauer cases were being made/modified for HK they were just cases they were not being made for collector's value years later.  If they were out of one type of screw and had to use another they would have just done used whatever else they had.  The blogger's information that SW may had converted the same Hofbauer cases, or ordered them speced out slightly different, may or may not be accurate.  It would still be a "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German" even if that is correct.  I understand OP's concern, this case would considered to worth less as a collector's item, but it also a bit of a buyer's mistake.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

holy shit..
View Quote
My first thought. Fuck, I thought Pelicans were high.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Go to HKpro and start asking questions and posting pics
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@BB

This is one of the cases Frank G was selling a couple of years ago. The case is NOT a knock off. OP called HK that had nothing to do with these things and got his panties twisted when they didn’t know anything about a product they didn’t make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right he said it was an original German made case from the manufacturer that HK contracted to make these cases, and it’s not.
“Like new Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German. I bought it new several years ago. Case has been used a few times but is in perfect shape. Comes with Keys and port plugs. No restrictions in owning this. Case is NOT AN AOW.”
Agree i don’t see what HK or the ATF is gonna do about it. I’d drive to LA and tune his knees up, but I’m an internet badass.
@BB

This is one of the cases Frank G was selling a couple of years ago. The case is NOT a knock off. OP called HK that had nothing to do with these things and got his panties twisted when they didn’t know anything about a product they didn’t make.
@SFHC So, you are saying it IS in fact a German Hofbauer Briefcase?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#28]
To get fraud reimbursement or banishment from GB you would have to prove that he knowingly sold a replica as an original, and it would be very difficult to do that. The wording is ambiguous, but there is no provable, outright lie or evidence of fraud in the listing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guy in Oregon just gpt convicted of selling counterfeit rifle scopes. So it can happen.
View Quote
Totally different.  He was selling Leupold branded scopes that were fake.  And not just one or a few.  Didn’t help him that he decided to do it in the same state where Leupold is based. No doubt that greased the wheels to get him prosecuted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Gunbroker listing itself is accurate "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German"  That is an accurate description of the said case.   When Hofbeauer cases were being made/modified for HK they were just cases they were not being made for collector's value years later.  If they were out of one type of screw and had to use another they would have just done used whatever else they had.  The blogger's information that SW may had converted the same Hofbauer cases, or ordered them speced out slightly different, may or may not be accurate.  It would still be a "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German" even if that is correct.  I understand OP's concern, this case would considered to worth less as a collector's item, but it also a bit of a buyer's mistake.
View Quote
Hofbauer made the plastic shell in the real ones.....not the mount, handle, trigger, etc.  They make briefcases, not guns.

It's not just the screws.  HK didn't just happen to have a machined metal handle with a trigger in it laying around.  The authentic ones sold by HK have plastic handles, not metal ones.  And HK's own technical people in Georgia told me they did not make these cases with metal handles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

holy shit..
View Quote
you can fire the gun from inside the case. I had a SP89 and wanted that case badly back in 86, but was not about to spend the 2400 back then
Firing HK MP5 Operational Briefcase!

HK MP5K Operational Briefcase
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]
$3250 for a brief case ?

No wonder you got fucked
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
you can fire the gun from inside the case. I had a SP89 and wanted that case badly back in 86, but was not about to spend the 2400 back then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlqdvrUlR_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92tj3dT5Uhs
View Quote
Ok thats bad ass
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#35]
OP post a link to this thread on HKPro you have linked, it would be a huge step in getting this resolved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Did you mail the personal check across state lines for an item he demonstrably knew to be a fake? Mail and wire fraud are frowned on by the feds. As in swiggity swooty coming for that booty frowned upon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

holy shit..

Ok, now  we're starting to justify the price.

The girl has the poors with her measley pew . . . pew . . . pew.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did someone say this is Taylor pickerell?

Edit: it is him. He is a VERY popular gunsmith

I’d be extremely surprised if this is actually a counterfeit briefcase.

It doesn’t sound like it is.
View Quote
No idea who that is but if he's such a well known person in the gunsmith world why is his feedback so lack luster / bad
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]
So - are we going to Knob Creek or not?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Double - Tap
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be able to get over that kind of money that some scumbag ripped off online....would probably take a plane to his state to settle it face to face
View Quote
exactly..
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know!  That's why I didn't have too many hesitations buying the case from him.  I've seen his posts on HKpro and Sturmgewehr and this thing is chump change in the grand picture of what he deals in.  But he won't respond to my emails (although he just responded to my negative feedback on GB!)  I gave him fair warning I was going to do that and start a fraud claim......no answer.

It did make me wonder why he listed this thing on GB though.  If he's so active on those boards with good feedback, why revive an old account on GB with one welch?  I believe know why now......on those two sites somebody would have recognized the fake and called him out on it.

I tried to give the guy the benefit of doubt.  I gave him a chance to say oops and just give my money back, but he wrote me those snotty emails then stopped replying.  So here we are.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No idea who that is but if he's such a well known person in the gunsmith world why is his feedback so lack luster / bad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 feedbacks with one negative is way too few to buy a five figure item sight unseen with no return policy and four crappy pics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do want

Shooting the H&K MP5K Operational Briefcase
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's actually really neat..
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#49]
My brother would buy one at the drop of a hat. I should have studied engineering.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Could it be a rare version that came with a metal handle? Being in the engineering field I know it is common for there to be different versions. I have talked to the people over at HK and they are knowledgeable, but could it be that the certain model you have just is a bit more rare? Was made before they worked there?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top