Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

9mm gains little past 5 inches.  Even the hottest +p+ from 16inch has about half the energy of a 223. Not to mention this thing is just under 7lbs naked and longer than a basic AR-15... Which also breaks down. Just saying...

Edit: not a PCC hater, own a MPX-K.
View Quote
9mm & 45acp both gain plenty from longer barrels, around 35-40% on average in 16" barrels.
+ for home defense use  there is almost zero muzzle flash/recoil & they are not punishing without earpro, very important stuff indoors at night.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]
All you whiners bitching that it's ugly, what are you gonna do when you realize HiPoint's carbine in 10x25mm Norma is half the price of the Ruger?  The Ruger ain't ugly, it's traditional, which sneaks it past enemy lines into California & New York.  Magpul will have cool guy furniture soon enough, and if we're lucky, High Tower will make a bullpup stock for us.

This is the Glock carbine we've been waiting for, methinks, it's just made by Ruger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a fun range toy or for teaching some kids to shoot. Not much good for anything else.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: Not much good for anything else.
View Quote
As if being a range toy isn't what the majority of guns are. Most people settle on a small number of guns for carry or hunting, I don't consider "range toy" status a bad thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like a fun range toy or for teaching some kids to shoot. Not much good for anything else.
View Quote
This gun has plenty of uses, maybe just not for you...
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I like it very much. I must have one.

If there's something about it you don't like, don't worry, there's going to be a huge aftermarket for this gun.

This will be perfect for the $15 Bushnell TRS25 and the pile of ETS 31 round mags I have sitting around because you all made me order them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If anyone looked through the manual, it offers INTERCHANGEABLE BOLT HEADS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like someone has finally decided to make a shit ton of money selling mass produced PCCs that accepts Glock magazines.

Meanwhile, Glock ignores this market completely while it searches for ever more ways to fuck up the grip on Gen 6....
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All you whiners bitching that it's ugly, what are you gonna do when you realize HiPoint's carbine in 10x25mm Norma is half the price of the Ruger?  The Ruger ain't ugly, it's traditional, which sneaks it past enemy lines into California & New York.  Magpul will have cool guy furniture soon enough, and if we're lucky, High Tower will make a bullpup stock for us.

This is the Glock carbine we've been waiting for, methinks, it's just made by Ruger.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If anyone looked through the manual, it offers INTERCHANGEABLE BOLT HEADS.
View Quote
That heavily implies that caliber changes are in the works. I could see both 9mm/40/357 Sig (small frame PCC) and 45 ACP/10mm (large frame PCC) rifles being sold.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  If anyone looked through the manual, it offers INTERCHANGEABLE BOLT HEADS.
View Quote
I saw that and blew on by, as I was looking to see if the recoil spring goes into the stock.  So folding stocks/bullpup stocks are on, as are caliber changes.  .38 Super, anyone?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I saw that and blew on by, as I was looking to see if the recoil spring goes into the stock.  So folding stocks/bullpup stocks are on, as are caliber changes.  .38 Super, anyone?
View Quote
I would think this action would lend itself to a pdr style stock pretty easily.

357 sig seems like a great caliber for it also.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, did it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  I would think this action would lend itself to a pdr style stock pretty easily.

357 sig seems like a great caliber for it also.
View Quote
I would agree - however - ever wonder why we've not seen bottle-neck cartridge blowback actions since the 2nd WW?

.357" would tend to extract too fast and blow the shoulders out in the Ruger.  Straight wall cartridges don't have such issues.

.357" SIG is probably a better candidate for CMMG's new radially-delayed blowback AR PCC.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  Well, did it?
View Quote
No, the recoil spring is contained inside the receiver.  That's why folding & bullpup stocks are on, as fast as the aftermarket can produce the molds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks cool. I think the KelTec Sub2000 might still be the better option though.

I’ll buy one if Ruger offers it in .45 or 10mm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As if being a range toy isn't what the majority of guns are. Most people settle on a small number of guns for carry or hunting, I don't consider "range toy" status a bad thing.
View Quote
No, don’t get me wrong. Range toys are fine. It’s just not something to really depend on for protection. It will have it’s place.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Such as....
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  Such as....
View Quote
Suppressed home protection, when you don't have time to put your ears on but want to use that 33 round stick of 147 grain subs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, don’t get me wrong. Range toys are fine. It’s just not something to really depend on for protection. It will have it’s place.
View Quote
Wait... what?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Suppressed home protection, when you don't have time to put your ears on but want to use that 33 round stick of 147 grain subs.
View Quote
I’ll take this instead
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wait... what?
View Quote
Too each his own. There are much better options for a 9mm PCC in a self defense role than the new Ruger is all I’m saying.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Such as....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such as....
HD,camping/backpacking,truck gun,shtf...just to name a few I'll use mine for.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That heavily implies that caliber changes are in the works. I could see both 9mm/40/357 Sig (small frame PCC) and 45 ACP/10mm (large frame PCC) rifles being sold.
View Quote
I looked at the owners manual and noticed the what has to be tungsten dead blow piece but  hadn't noticed that this thing is set up for aftermarket stocks and that the bolt head is replaceable
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Why the haters?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It’s just not something to really depend on for protection.
View Quote
Quoted:

There are much better options for a 9mm PCC in a self defense role than the new Ruger is all I’m saying.
View Quote
Quoted:
Why the haters?
View Quote
I dunno, but they are making no sense....  maybe they are trying to say Colt mags are better?  

Beats me, I like glock mags and already have a metric shit ton.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks cool. I think the KelTec Sub2000 might still be the better option though.

I’ll buy one if Ruger offers it in .45 or 10mm.
View Quote
Yea the Sub2K folds just as compact and the 2nd Gen has a threaded muzzle and adjustable stock. I have the first Gen Sub2K Glock 17 model and it's never had a hiccup. I'm glad to see Ruger doing this and it will probably sell well in ban states and people looking for a traditional looking configuration.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dunno, but they are making no sense....  maybe they are trying to say Colt mags are better?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are much better options for a 9mm PCC in a self defense role than the new Ruger is all I’m saying.
Quoted:
Why the haters?

So that’s why the gushing love fest, because it uses Glock mags????
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
.40 is interesting, because newer 9mm loads are starting to catch up to it in pistols but there is a lot more upside to that caliber out of a carbine.

Has anyone ever compared +P 9mm and +P.40 loads out of carbine length barrels?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why the haters?
View Quote
I don’t hate it at all. I just don’t get all the gushing over a 9mm PCC. There are a bunch of them out there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

HD,camping/backpacking,truck gun,shtf...just to name a few I'll use mine for.
View Quote
All good reasons. I’m just saying there are a lot of options out there for a 9mm PCC besides this one. I guess the Glock mag thing is what makes it attractive.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:
So that’s why the gushing love fest, because it uses Glock mags????
View Quote
Do you always get this bitchy when you are called out on your derp?  Or are you not even paying attention and just shit posting?

Explain how your AR-9 with a stick mag is "more reliable for protection" and "better for a self-defense role" then the Ruger with a stick mag?

I am truly baffled by your thoughts/justifications.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

All good reasons. I'm just saying there are a lot of options out there for a 9mm PCC besides this one. I guess the Glock mag thing is what makes it attractive.
View Quote
Still, this is a solid effort by one of the "Majors" in the industry. Availability, parts, etc will likely be very good and you will likely see these at larger stores and chains then you would some of the specialty carbine types. Also it doesn't run afoul of any ridiculous laws and presents a nice new option to people in shitty states.

People are excited because this means someone at one of the big company's "gets it", and is offering something new that people may want and in doing so is probably going to create a whole new market niche.

This is a good thing, this is a very good thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you always get this bitchy when you are called out on your derp?  Or are you not even paying attention and just shit posting?

Explain how your AR-9 with a stick mag is "more reliable for protection" and "better for a self-defense role" then the Ruger with a stick mag?

View Quote
Who wants a 9mm PCC for less than $500 with a cold hammer forged barrel, Glock mags and from a Quality manufacture. This thing is going to have a huge aftermarket and will be a fast seller.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#35]
If the 34” length is correct, it will be 3” shorter than my 1979 10/22.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
.40 is interesting, because newer 9mm loads are starting to catch up to it in pistols but there is a lot more upside to that caliber out of a carbine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My duty gun is a P229 in 40 cal. Our duty ammo is Speer GD 165 gr. I carry a G23 because the PD will give me a box of it once a year for carry ammo/SD ammo and they dont have a problem with us taking a box of FMJ once a month for practice ammo. If we ever go to 9mm or something else, I may switch.

I dont have anything against or for 40, it's just easier for me to get ammo for.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully Magpul comes up with alternative furniture that doesn't look anything like its Rem 870 or 10/22 furniture, because that shit's ug-lee.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hopefully Magpul comes up with alternative furniture that doesn't look anything like its Rem 870 or 10/22 furniture, because that shit's ug-lee.
View Quote
I bet they are already working on it, these are gonna be sellers
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ll say it slower so you can understand it better.

I didn’t say one was better than the other for everyone. I said there are LOTS of options out there for someone wanting a 9mm PCC and I don’t see what the big deal about this one is except for the fact that it accepts Glock mags. Is that the only criteria now for a new gun is that it has to be capable of using Glock mags????

Geez.....do you own Ruger stock or something???
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn’t say one was better than the other for everyone. I said there are LOTS of options out there for someone wanting a 9mm PCC and I don’t see what the big deal about this one is except for the fact that it accepts Glock mags. Is that the only criteria now for a new gun is that it has to be capable of using Glock mags????

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Still, this is a solid effort by one of the "Majors" in the industry. Availability, parts, etc will likely be very good and you will likely see these at larger stores and chains then you would some of the specialty carbine types. Also it doesn't run afoul of any ridiculous laws and presents a nice new option to people in shitty states.

People are excited because this means someone at one of the big company's "gets it", and is offering something new that people may want and in doing so is probably going to create a whole new market niche.

View Quote
Very good points. It’s not something I’d be interested in but if it gets more good guns in the people’s hands I’m all aboard that train.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very good points. It’s not something I’d be interested in but if it gets more good guns in the people’s hands I’m all aboard that train.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why waste time talking about it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
*snip*
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
You can say it as slow as you want, but it does not matter as you are saying something a lot different then what you originally stated- and were called out on.

I don't own Ruger stock (Hell, maybe one of the portfolio's does?) but I don't talk sideways out of my ass either.

It is obvious that you are the one that is having trouble "getting it" so I regret ever asking you to justify your reasoning.  There will never be any logic from you on this topic.  At the rate you are going I would wager in a few more posts you will come full circle and love the new weapon's introduction.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then why waste time talking about it?
View Quote
I like getting other people’s opinions and expressing my own.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#46]
LMFAO @ "the plan"   if two weapon systems run flawless and reliable in the same caliber I don't really see how you can say one is better than the other for self defense.  That's like saying a glock 17 is a better defense weapon than a M&P 9
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#47]
For the guys who have looked at the tech specs of this thing, does it look like something that could be used where you buy one lower, and then use it with multiple caliber uppers that could be purchased separately (if Ruger does in fact produce different calibers)?  I'm not sure if the AR nomenclature of uppers and lowers is the correct usage, but I'm sure you guys get what I mean.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why the haters?
View Quote
Some people think they're Rambo and won't check out that bump in the night with anything less than a M60.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Somebody in the armory forum asked an interesting question: Ruger makes a integrally suppressed 10/22 take down barrel, will they make one for these?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
10mm would be awesome.  357 magnum performance with the ease of auto pistol reloading.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top