Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t get throttled on T-Mobile. Here is my speed at the moment, middle of the day on a holiday weekend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64912/9745FF20-CCFD-450D-AF2B-B0839FD19109-1489655.jpg

I had to ask OTR to turn off “binge mode” which throttles you to 480p speeds, and they did it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm finally done with OTR.. the service just isn't reliable. And their chat is always 100 people deep

I'm thinking of doing the 'contributor' level with Calyx. I'm assuming the MIFI 8000 will connect to my router and take an external antenna? IF the 8000 can do those things I see no reason to go with the more expensive option.

Nevermind, I see the contributor PLUS is the plan with the 8000 hot spot. Hopefully i can pass through connect to my router.

@Honda4828

Did you sign up with Calyx?  if so, how is it working for you?  Did it pass through to your router?  

Thanks

@Deuskid

I Do not have calyx yet. I am actually going to be ordering from them on Thursday. I’m sure I’ll be able to pass through to my router. Our T-Mobile service with OTR has been working.... but son of a bitch it’s slooowwww sometimes... I swear they throttle that shit and limit streaming.

Streaming is throttled on the tmobile and at&t plans on OTR now. Netflix and Prime it's quite noticeable. When using apps like Kodi, CinemaHD, etc they cant really throttle, so...

I don’t get throttled on T-Mobile. Here is my speed at the moment, middle of the day on a holiday weekend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64912/9745FF20-CCFD-450D-AF2B-B0839FD19109-1489655.jpg

I had to ask OTR to turn off “binge mode” which throttles you to 480p speeds, and they did it.

I should have clarified. Those of us that use Nighthawks and got cut off awhile back, when they reactivated us, they couldn't re-enable hd video streaming.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
These folks are big in the rv community, and do a
pretty good job of monitoring data plans. They
also review most gear needed, and 3rd party vendors.

Top Cellular Hotspot Data Plans for RVers & Boaters for Mobile Internet Data (June 2020)

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gear/gear-category/cellular-data-plans/

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had OTR from last fall up until now with AT&T  No issues and still had the Legacy plan going until early last month where speeds dropped to nothing.  

Had OTR send out a new SIM for the new blue plan, installed and back to normal... for a day.  Each day just about since I've had to reset my lb1120 and it would reconnect at normal speeds for 40 mins and dropped off, then cycle like this all day.

Finally just about gave up with them offering nothing more than to reset their end which did nothing and tried nolimitdata, just got the sim and activated tonight and guess what... same issue.

Apparently something is going on with AT&T and my lb1120 as with 2 separate sims and providers giving the same issue.  I tried T-mobile when OTR let us know AT&T was ending.. connection was crap due to no towers in my area.  

About stumped trying to understand what's causing the timeout.  Running speed test app on my phone after the 40 minute mark it will work even with cellular turned off... but takes a while to connect.  Even when connecting it shows speeds running just fine.  It seems like a timeout issue with being unable to connect within a period of time making it seem like I have no internet when in fact it's just not connecting quick enough before sending/receiving data.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any ideas?
View Quote

Switch providers. OTR is having issue after issue.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I should have clarified. Those of us that use Nighthawks and got cut off awhile back, when they reactivated us, they couldn't re-enable hd video streaming.
View Quote

A VPN will serve as a workaround for carrier based throttling.

Side note, I'm really paranoid about data usage. I just signed up for disney+ and my mother came by the house to use my home theater... apparently streaming Hamilton at 1080p burned about 11 gigs of data (and still going... I just got home and I hear some very loud singing from downstairs)! I've never been throttled before but experiences with 4GAS and seeing AT&T deactivate heavy users in the past make me wary of being the nail who sticks out. Tmobile seems much less worrisome about such things for the time being.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Side note, I'm really paranoid about data usage. I just signed up for disney+ and my mother came by the house to use my home theater... apparently streaming Hamilton at 1080p burned about 11 gigs of data (and still going... I just got home and I hear some very loud singing from downstairs)! I've never been throttled before but experiences with 4GAS and seeing AT&T deactivate heavy users in the past make me wary of being the nail who sticks out. Tmobile seems much less worrisome about such things for the time being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't get Netflix or prime to work with a VPN unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can't get Netflix or prime to work with a VPN unfortunately.
View Quote

Worked fine for me until OTR removed binge mode right after the tmobile transition.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagging to keep up too date.

Wife and I bought a rural property in southern Illinois.

Internet service is available thru ruralcomm.
3-6-10 meg plans available
No limits.
50-65-100 per month with one year minimum contract.
No install fees if I set up autopay.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Speed on my OTR Tmobile connection fell to below .50 Meg down, upload less than 3. What the hell happened? OTR rep say I'm not being throttled and binge mode is deactivated. So she reset the signal and tells me to resest my router and leave it off for 45 minutes after, during the workday.

I'm getting ready to switch from OTR and need some guidance on current plans. Currently looking at No Limit and Visible.

Give me some feedback on current plans that wont result in my being given the OTR treatment. I've watched the mobile internet video linked a few posts up. Customer service accessible via phone if necessary.

Eta: Just gave my address to Starlink. Keeping fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
SpaceX''s Starship Testing Now & Starlink Beta Details | SpaceX in the News

Starlink news starts at 2:00.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you guys at least try Calyx? If you can get a good Sprint 4G signal it is GTG and no throttling, no BS, no limits.
This has been posted before, yet still see bitching about WTF to do about the overpriced a hole who cut you off. I am about to up for year 4, and never had a down day save power loss. I figure the cost up front may be an issue, but I see this year you can donate quarterly so?? It is tax deductible as well. Lead a horse to water and all that.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Well everyone, I won't be an active participant in this thread anymore, I got Xfinity cable internet to the property now

Getting 885 Mbps down / 45 Mbps up right now and got my mesh Wifi network going through the house with a 3-unit TP Link Deco M9 triband system

The Xfinity line was always on my property, an aerial line on the messenger line of the power pole, terminating on the last utility-owned pole. Their computer system was never set up to show it correctly as being able to be serviced (despite calling multiple times), but I finally got a great tech on the phone who dug deeper and found the line drawings.

They came out Wednesday, dropped a line from the utility pole to my private pole with electric meter, and then ran a temporary line to the house. Came back Thursday and trenched it in nicely. $0 cost on the install

I guess I won't be needing my LTE home internet gear anymore - anyone interested in buying a used Netgear LB1120 w/ Netgear MIMO small external antenna or LTEfix custom modem/router (WE826-T2 modem/router + Sierra Wireless MC7455 CAT6 4G LTE-A Modem + (2) upgraded Cisco external LTE antennas), basically a custom MiFi? Both should work on ATT or Tmobile, not locked to one carrier or service provider. Shoot me a PM if you're interested

Mods - delete this if I can't mention that I'm selling those here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well everyone, I won't be an active participant in this thread anymore, I got Xfinity cable internet to the property now

Getting 885 Mbps down / 45 Mbps up right now and got my mesh Wifi network going through the house with a 3-unit TP Link Deco M9 triband system

The Xfinity line was always on my property, an aerial line on the messenger line of the power pole, terminating on the last utility-owned pole. Their computer system was never set up to show it correctly as being able to be serviced (despite calling multiple times), but I finally got a great tech on the phone who dug deeper and found the line drawings.

They came out Wednesday, dropped a line from the utility pole to my private pole with electric meter, and then ran a temporary line to the house. Came back Thursday and trenched it in nicely. $0 cost on the install

I guess I won't be needing my LTE home internet gear anymore - anyone interested in buying a used Netgear LB1120 w/ Netgear MIMO small external antenna or LTEfix custom modem/router (WE826-T2 modem/router + Sierra Wireless MC7455 CAT6 4G LTE-A Modem + (2) upgraded Cisco external LTE antennas), basically a custom MiFi? Both should work on ATT or Tmobile, not locked to one carrier or service provider. Shoot me a PM if you're interested

View Quote

I hate you...  

Kidding, good for you. I have a cable tap on the pole at the end of my 800' driveway. Spent 6 mo ths going around in circles with spectrum to get a construction crew out here to just give me an estimate of costs to run the line to the house. Nope, sent out 4 different residential install techs all of whom called back in to tell them we needed a construction crew. Just to get more residential techs. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pm sent
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Results of speed tests from the starlink beta.

I found this interesting. Average around the mid thirties. Bear in mind that this is very early beta and as it rolls out more one would expect speeds to increase with better coverage. No way to tell if the low tests were from worse setup or worst-case shots to and from the satellites. Additionally this is only a very small handful of tests.

The median (not average) speeds are around 34mbps down and 6 up.

Additionally, a neighbor of mine is on otr t mobile and he is on a wooded lot and in sort of a hole. I have never needed an exterior antenna for my setup. What antenna would be best and should he use two of them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Still on the original OTR with AT&T, still working great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone ever used Got W 3?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever used Got W 3?
View Quote

We've been using GOTW3 for almost a year. $100 per month with speeds around 25 Mbps and was unlimited data until a month ago. Now like most other resellers GOTW3 has instituted a 250 GB / month and 10 GB per day limit. It was dang good when it was unlimited. It was the only option (other than satellite) where we are until AT&T Fixed Wireless recently available here.

We are making the switch to AT&T Fixed Wireless later this week. Adverting minimum 10 Mbps speed (most around us are average 25 meg speed) and 500 GB* a month at $50 per month. * $10 per 50 GB if you go over with no throttling - but the monthly data limit has been turned off until October – so they advertise)

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Our OTR finally went offline today. I had signed up for the year pre-pay plan (AT&T).  Our term was up at the end of July.  So it went a week over. It worked well until the end.

However I'm not renewing with OTR.  I've switched over to No Limit Data. It was an easy swap. Up and running in less than 2 hours. We were able to use our old Nighthawk M1 modem. Had to purchase a new sim card though.  Got it at our local Dollar General for $1.07 .  

I kept AT&T due to knowing I have coverage. I'm not sure about the 500GB cap? And I don't like the $100 a month. But it works for now. We can always change over to T-Mobile if it works.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl_KzC65x3s

View Quote

Signed up a few months ago and they sent me a email asking my exact address a month or so later so hopefully i'll be in the public beta eventually.

I live in Louisiana so I was surprised that they asked for my exact address so soon since I thought you had to be in northern CONUS or Canada.

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We've been using GOTW3 for almost a year. $100 per month with speeds around 25 Mbps and was unlimited data until a month ago. Now like most other resellers GOTW3 has instituted a 250 GB / month and 10 GB per day limit. It was dang good when it was unlimited. It was the only option (other than satellite) where we are until AT&T Fixed Wireless recently available here.

We are making the switch to AT&T Fixed Wireless later this week. Adverting minimum 10 Mbps speed (most around us are average 25 meg speed) and 500 GB* a month at $50 per month. * $10 per 50 GB if you go over with no throttling - but the monthly data limit has been turned off until October – so they advertise)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31644/gotw3-1531856.jpg
View Quote

Thanks @GunCat

Seems like I am always late to the party.  

I wish AT&T Fixed Wireless was available here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Signed up a few months ago and they sent me a email asking my exact address a month or so later so hopefully i'll be in the public beta eventually.

I live in Louisiana so I was surprised that they asked for my exact address so soon since I thought you had to be in northern CONUS or Canada.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl_KzC65x3s

AFAIK they don't have enough satellites yet to cover anything but the north.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone having issues with Tmobile or OTR tonight? I'm down to 0.03 mbps. I'm thinking its likely a local issue given how extreme it is.

For the past several weeks speed tests have averaged in the 50-60 mbps range. I've only used 22 gigs per my modem this month. It was fine this morning and around lunchtime, probably dipped around 6 or so.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Very weird.

Also not sure whats up with my broken image link but its 0.1mbps down and over 17 up.

My cell phone on Verizon is also running very slowly (4.2 mbps on fast.com) although I don't see how that could be related besides local interference, and I can't imagine that being the case and hitting both carriers as they don't typically share towers or bands.

ETA: guess it was a local problem. It resolved itself and I'm back to 45-50mbps.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#30]
My t mobile no limit data is still chugging along.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in the process of building a place in the country and want to factor in the probability of a dish for internet [provider to be determined].  

I'll be an hour north of St Louis MO.  Is it a good assumption that the dish will need to be oriented to the south?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm in the process of building a place in the country and want to factor in the probability of a dish for internet [provider to be determined].  

I'll be an hour north of St Louis MO.  Is it a good assumption that the dish will need to be oriented to the south?  

Thanks
View Quote

Every dish I have seen points south except for WISPs.

They can mount the dish on a 4 ft or so pole close to the house if your roof does not have a convenient location.

My installer did not want to mount the dish on a metal roof.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Every dish I have seen points south except for WISPs.

They can mount the dish on a 4 ft or so pole close to the house if your roof does not have a convenient location.

My installer did not want to mount the dish on a metal roof.  

View Quote

Thanks, that's what I thought.  

This is new construction and does have a metal roof [as of Friday] but I have a good place to put a pole for any dish I may need.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Soon Elon internet
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Since the widespread slowdown/outage yesterday my AT&T cell internet has crapped the bed. Previously I had been seeing 35+Mbps down and 8+Mbps up.

Now?

Oh lord. Now.

Anyone want to use my internet? It's blistering fast - 1.8Mbps download.

And my upload is truly legendary. 17kbps!

I'm sure this post will reach the servers by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Similar things happening on my OTR/Mofi setup.  I'm getting maybe  3-7 down at good times.  That's like a quarter of what I was getting.  Now we can't stream movies without suffering through some buffering.

I ordered the T-mobile specific Mofi to try out.  I noticed our signal slowing a bit after a new tower was being put online near the house. Hopefully the new bands will get me back to good speeds.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Similar things happening on my OTR/Mofi setup.  I'm getting maybe  3-7 down at good times.  That's like a quarter of what I was getting.  Now we can't stream movies without suffering through some buffering.

I ordered the T-mobile specific Mofi to try out.  I noticed our signal slowing a bit after a new tower was being put online near the house. Hopefully the new bands will get me back to good speeds.

CHRIS
View Quote

My cheapo lb1120 with OTR pink plan just clocked 20 down and 5 up, good enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Since the widespread slowdown/outage yesterday my AT&T cell internet has crapped the bed. Previously I had been seeing 35+Mbps down and 8+Mbps up.

Now?

Oh lord. Now.

View Quote

Welcome to my world of living outside of cell phone range. It can take hours to upload a couple of minutes of high resolution video to YouTube and most times I can’t watch a YouTube video in 144p without it buffering.

There’s a $1.5M property for sale a few miles from me and some buyers broke their contract and forfeited their earnest money when they found out that their only option for internet was satellite.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Heard some guys on SE Link ham radio system talking about some major internet backbone yad yad went down and affected everyone. Guy seemed to be in the know. Said it would take a few hours to get it back up. Sounds like the issues y’all might have had stemmed from it.

No limit data customer here and still very happy with the service and customer service they have given me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Welcome to my world of living outside of cell phone range. It can take hours to upload a couple of minutes of high resolution video to YouTube and most times I can’t watch a YouTube video in 144p without it buffering.

There’s a $1.5M property for sale a few miles from me and some buyers broke their contract and forfeited their earnest money when they found out that their only option for internet was satellite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now?

Oh lord. Now.

I don't even blame them.

In today's world having a property without decent internet is akin to buying a property with spotty electricity back in the mid-90s. Nearly unthinkable and a deal breaker for most people.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't even blame them.

In today's world having a property without decent internet is akin to buying a property with spotty electricity back in the mid-90s. Nearly unthinkable and a deal breaker for most people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now?

Oh lord. Now.

I don't even blame them.

I’ll accept the trade off for 160 acres of this...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now?

Oh lord. Now.

I don't even blame them.

I’ll except the trade off for 160 acres of this...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/240604/623ACE05-4F5F-43AC-8608-CCAE0C6D3CD1_jpe-1571132.JPG

Nice property. Incredibly green compared to what I'm used to here in Montana!

I shot for in between that and suburban living. A few acres and decent utilities available.

As time goes by I keep thinking about selling and moving further out. I'm not about to go any closer to larger towns and if I have no real internet here anyway - why not? Starlink may fix that eventually in any case. If it does I expect places further out to shoot up in cost.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#43]
As much as I want strong rural broadband I sincerely I believe that coupled with the work from home changes brought by the China flu would be the death of rural america and ultimately American values.  Leftists will be empowered to leave the shitholes they create and fuck up a new place.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nice property. Incredibly green compared to what I'm used to here in Montana!

I shot for in between that and suburban living. A few acres and decent utilities available.

As time goes by I keep thinking about selling and moving further out. I'm not about to go any closer to larger towns and if I have no real internet here anyway - why not? Starlink may fix that eventually in any case. If it does I expect places further out to shoot up in cost.
View Quote

My closest neighbors are from Montana. They own and operate helicopters. Almost entirely .gov contracts. The only exception is Christmas tree lifts in November.

When I bought this property it had been on the market for two years. I’d bet it wouldn’t last a week right now, so if you’re going to buy some property that is actually out in the woods, you may want to start looking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Update with my experience with OTR to date:

Had limited traditional Internet choices available – Basically Frontier DSL and HughesNet.

Frontier was giving about 3 Mbps.  I chose not to even try HughesNet because of very poor reviews.

Signed up with OTR's AT&T plan last October. Internet life was great.  Saw 25+Mbps,

Found out AT&T plans with OTR were being cancelled.

Switched over to T-Mobile with OTR around July 1st before At&T pulled the plug.

T-Mobile's speed sucked.  About the same as Frontier's DSL.  Asked OTR to turn off binge mode 3 times.  The first time they said they would.  The next two times they said they did not know what I was talking about.

Decided to limp along with OTR while I decided other options – Unlimitedville, Calyx, etc.

Started checking speed last week while still on T-Mobile with OTR.  The speed has been 12 – 25 Mbps depending on thr time of day.

Received notice from OTR that they will start charging sales tax beginning Oct 1st.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Update with my experience with OTR to date:

Had limited traditional Internet choices available – Basically Frontier DSL and HughesNet.

Frontier was giving about 3 Mbps.  I chose not to even try HughesNet because of very poor reviews.

Signed up with OTR's AT&T plan last October. Internet life was great.  Saw 25+Mbps,

Found out AT&T plans with OTR were being cancelled.

Switched over to T-Mobile with OTR around July 1st before At&T pulled the plug.

T-Mobile's speed sucked.  About the same as Frontier's DSL.  Asked OTR to turn off binge mode 3 times.  The first time they said they would.  The next two times they said they did not know what I was talking about.

Decided to limp along with OTR while I decided other options – Unlimitedville, Calyx, etc.

Started checking speed last week while still on T-Mobile with OTR.  The speed has been 12 – 25 Mbps depending on thr time of day.

Received notice from OTR that they will start charging sales tax beginning Oct 1st.
View Quote

Yeah, I prepayed a year last August and OTR and ATT both kept up their end. Sometimes I'd see as much as 90/20.
I tried to re-up a week before it was done, and there is just no "products" at all on their site that I can buy.

I guess now I'm tethering my phone until Starlink actually happens up here by the 45th parallel.

ETA: Did the Chat with support today. They're sending me a new AT&T sim for my Nighthawk. No more yearly prepaid plans, month to month only but if it gets me to Starlink availability...
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah, I prepayed a year last August and OTR and ATT both kept up their end. Sometimes I'd see as much as 90/20.
I tried to re-up a week before it was done, and there is just no "products" at all on their site that I can buy.

I guess now I'm tethering my phone until Starlink actually happens up here by the 45th parallel.

ETA: Did the Chat with support today. They're sending me a new AT&T sim for my Nighthawk. No more yearly prepaid plans, month to month only but if it gets me to Starlink availability...
View Quote

ATT didn't keep up anything. There's about a 99.9% chance whatever OTR (or any other of these resellers) is doing, it's not with ATT's permission. I've seen these places come and go over the years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#48]
For those of us that live beyond cell phone coverage, I hope Hughesnet and Viasat die very painful deaths at some point soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I have bothered the local internet providers. The closest one to my house is .1 miles from my property. They said that they would run the line through this time next year. As of right now I am using my phones hot spot to do all of my internet needs including school. Can't bring myself to try another one. Still waiting for starlink to happen. I tried T-Mobile with their tower being less than a mile from me and got sub par speeds, 3 mbps.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top