Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 39
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ukrainian Navy vs Russian Navy might end in every ship involved sinking, some might even sink from hostile fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would love to see those Russian cock suckers get one of their boats sunk.

Of course, being the Russian Navy they might well sink of their own accord.
Ukrainian Navy vs Russian Navy might end in every ship involved sinking, some might even sink from hostile fire.
I surveyed a former Ukrainian Navy ship that had been converted to a yacht.  That fucker was BUILT.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WTI low $50s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have only read about this here and on Drudge. Nothing on FOX news.
This looks like it could get bad.
Good. As Rictus said, this needs to escalate. The frozen Ukrainian conflict will not end until someone steps up and decides to put a decisive end to this.
The U.S. doesn't need to send troops to Ukraine, but I'd be all for arming them to the teeth and flooding the market with cheap fracked oil and gas to damage the Russian economy.
WTI low $50s
Those are rookie numbers.  With a little effort we could hit $30.

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
HaHaHa! our Ruski trolls are hilarious. Fuck mother Russia.Fuck her soldiers. Fuck her sailors.
Lastly, fuck her obvious douchebag cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The U.S. doesn't need to send troops to Ukraine, but I'd be all for arming them to the teeth and flooding the market with cheap fracked oil and gas to damage the Russian economy.
View Quote
Um. We already have a few troops there, I believe. An Air Force colonel died in a training accident in October.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Um. We already have a few troops there, I believe. An Air Force colonel died in a training accident in October.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that was some sort of joint training exercise.  We don't have combat troops there as far as I know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't want us to deploy soldiers/Marines.

I DEFINITELY want to see us deploy fighters and subs!

Seawolf will sweep the sea clean while F35s/F22s sweep the sky clean.

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
How long would it take the Ukraine to spin up a nuke program? Is there any useable infrastructure left?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have only read about this here and on Drudge. Nothing on FOX news.
This looks like it could get bad.
Good. As Rictus said, this needs to escalate. The frozen Ukrainian conflict will not end until someone steps up and decides to put a decisive end to this.
WTI low $50s

I agree.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

According to her Wikipedia page, she thinks Ukraine should be a dictatorship and should accept Russian annexation of Crimea.  You sure she isn't a Russian troll?

Her role models as leaders are Pinochet, Reagan, Merkel, Mandela, and Thatcher.  Lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadiya_Savchenko
View Quote
I don't think she is a Russian troll. She does seem crazy though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As I said before, 4 pages (or whatever number we're at now), and not a single one of you has any clue as to what happened. Military ships can't cross another country's waters unannounced. They didn't cross international waters. They crossed Russian waters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's borders that it's previously agreed are international waters? So strong!
As I said before, 4 pages (or whatever number we're at now), and not a single one of you has any clue as to what happened. Military ships can't cross another country's waters unannounced. They didn't cross international waters. They crossed Russian waters.
There is a 2003 treaty that says otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
In for the Nothingburger.

Ukraine is high and dry regardless of some memorandum. No one is going to lift a finger in use of force against Russia.

I doubt they even have the balls to use force. They know they will get their shot pushed in without help....although I’d love to see Russkie get it’s nose bloodied.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There is a 2003 treaty that says otherwise.
View Quote
Congrats on that piece of paper treaty that Russia will blatantly ignore and no one will do anything about it lol.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How long would it take the Ukraine to spin up a nuke program? Is there any useable infrastructure left?
View Quote
That would force Russia's hand.  They'd mount a conventional invasion at high cost.  Right now they are trying to eat the elephant one bite at a time, as Putin can't really afford the loss of men and equipment that a full scale invasion would entail.  But if Ukraine started a nuke program Russia would suck it up.

The trick is to make any further incursion cost more than Putin can afford.  Damage his economy by lowering the global price of oil and gas.  Give Ukraine some first rate ATGMs and ManPads so that Russia is guaranteed to lose more tanks and aircraft than she can afford to replace.  And if Russia does invade, she's guaranteed to face a well equipped and motivated insurgent force.  There are plenty of people in the Russian military that remember what that cost in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That would force Russia's hand.  They'd mount a conventional invasion at high cost.  Right now they are trying to eat the elephant one bite at a time, as Putin can't really afford the loss of men and equipment that a full scale invasion would entail.  But if Ukraine started a nuke program Russia would suck it up.

The trick is to make any further incursion cost more than Putin can afford.  Damage his economy by lowering the global price of oil and gas.  Give Ukraine some first rate ATGMs and ManPads so that Russia is guaranteed to lose more tanks and aircraft than she can afford to replace.  And if Russia does invade, she's guaranteed to face a well equipped and motivated insurgent force.  There are plenty of people in the Russian military that remember what that cost in Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russian military districts bordering eastern Ukraine already have obscenely high casualties from training accidents.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Russian military districts bordering eastern Ukraine already have obscenely high casualties from training accidents.
View Quote
Huh, what a shame.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody get me up to speed real quick. What is Russia's interest in Ukraine? Why do they want it? Crimea kinda made sense but why the rest?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
In for eventual dead Russians. We only killed a few hundred in Syria, and that's just an abysmally low number considering how awesome it is to see dead Russians. Russia's declining suicide rate is truly tragic. For a good a while the steadily declining birth rate and insane suicide rate gave me immense joy.

August 12th, 2000 was one of the happiest days of my life. Can't wait to Russia finally overstep and get pummeled like they deserve. Could this finally be it? Only problem is the Russian Navy is such a joke that the possibility of casualties is quite low. They simply don't have the men, ships, or subs to actually achieve the hilarious foul-ups that normally lead to lots of dead Russians.

My appetite won't be satiated until dead Russians are stacked like kindling on a tarmac, after being unloaded from multiple cargo planes. Can't wait to see what kind of military accident or hilarious mistake Russia makes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Somebody get me up to speed real quick. What is Russia's interest in Ukraine? Why do they want it? Crimea kinda made sense but why the rest?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The only part that isn't Anti-Russia is the part Putin put in place to pretend they are Pro-Russia Ukrainians.
View Quote
Yeah, ok. lol

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you a high school graduate?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Putin's trying to get the band back together.  He wants to be a superpower again and is too thick to understand that he needs a stout economy to achieve that.  An economy that isn't run by him and his kleptomaniac buddies.  He thinks being a superpower means having more geographical size.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In for eventual dead Russians. We only killed a few hundred in Syria, and that's just an abysmally low number considering how awesome it is to see dead Russians. Russia's declining suicide rate is truly tragic. For a good a while the steadily declining birth rate and insane suicide rate gave me immense joy.

August 12th, 2000 was one of the happiest days of my life. Can't wait to Russia finally overstep and get pummeled like they deserve. Could this finally be it? Only problem is the Russian Navy is such a joke that the possibility of casualties is quite low. They simply don't have the men, ships, or subs to actually achieve the hilarious foul-ups that normally lead to lots of dead Russians.

My appetite won't be satiated until dead Russians are stacked like kindling on a tarmac, after being unloaded from multiple cargo planes. Can't wait to see what kind of military accident or hilarious mistake Russia makes.
View Quote
So,
WHICH side are you on?

Lol. I'll drink to that!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Crimea kinda made sense but why the rest?
View Quote
They don't. Neocons just getting a hard-on, as usual, when they see a conflict.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Putin's trying to get the band back together.  He wants to be a superpower again and is too thick to understand that he needs a stout economy to achieve that.  An economy that isn't run by him and his kleptomaniac buddies.  He thinks being a superpower means having more geographical size.
View Quote
Crops and ports and oil pipelines.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Da fuck am I looking at?
View All Quotes
Pics that arf horribly resizes
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All that shore is Russia, or Russian occupied. It is 100 miles to the nearest Ukrainian controlled coastline.

Ukraine did just test an indigenous Anti Ship Missile but that would kind of be an act of war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on the ranges, those Russian ships would be easy with a ship to ship missile in box truck on the shore. Jus sayin
All that shore is Russia, or Russian occupied. It is 100 miles to the nearest Ukrainian controlled coastline.

Ukraine did just test an indigenous Anti Ship Missile but that would kind of be an act of war.
Wrong.  The port city of Mariupol is 100% under Ukrainian Control and the Ukrainian flag.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Should we call the eastern part of that Sudetenland?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only part that isn't Anti-Russia is the part Putin put in place to pretend they are Pro-Russia Ukrainians.
Yeah, ok. lol

https://languagesoftheworld.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Ukraine-Language.png
Russian is widely spoken because it was imposed on them for 70 years by the USSR.  But only about 8% of Ukrainians are ethnically Russian.  They should be encouraged to emigrate back to Mother Russia.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any large Russian troop movements reported yet?
View Quote
Last week.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's been called Novorossiya since 1764: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novorossiya
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Da fuck am I looking at?
View Quote
I thought it was me
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's been called Novorossiya since 1764: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novorossiya
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So.  Nova Scotia isn't part of Scotland.  New England isn't part of England.  And Paris, TX isn't in France.  But you'd know that because you're in Texas, right?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
World power is first economic..I agree.  That's why I'm asking what the consensus here is on the motivations.  Ukraine could roll over tomorrow and all Putin would gain is a giant insurgency and PITA that he can't afford and won't do anything for him.

Hence my confusion. They have big energy reserves or access that Russia doesn't? That's the only thing that makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
World power is first economic..I agree.  That's why I'm asking what the consensus here is on the motivations.  Ukraine could roll over tomorrow and all Putin would gain is a giant insurgency and PITA that he can't afford and won't do anything for him.

Hence my confusion. They have big energy reserves or access that Russia doesn't? That's the only thing that makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As pointed out above, he'd get ports and an agricultural bread basket.  But the USSR had both those and was never a serious naval power and was chronically short of food.

The fact is that Putin is just too fucking stupid to understand that he needs a vibrant manufacturing and technology base to be a credible superpower these days.  Or he understands it but is unwilling to forego the personal gain he and his friends enjoy by basically stealing from anyone that starts any business that makes any significant profit, which is the major obstacle in the way of Russia achieving those economic goals.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're overlooking the Russian need to be assholes to everyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So.  Nova Scotia isn't part of Scotland.  New England isn't part of England.  And Paris, TX isn't in France.  But you'd know that because you're in Texas, right?
View Quote
But Tejas is part of the US
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think that was some sort of joint training exercise.  We don't have combat troops there as far as I know.
View Quote
We do.  And as far as I know we have since the whole Crimea mess.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
New England isn’t in England either comrade.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn it you stole my thoughts. I was ready to hand Massachusetts back to England.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah.  I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
New England isn’t in England either comrade.
View Quote
now do Tejas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
No Texans call Texas Tejas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh my gosh he used a Hispanic slang term in response. He must know American culture and not be a Russian stooge!

In all honesty I’d just stop using that account since it’s burned. Not sure if you have to get approval from your komanduyushchiy ofitser or if you can make that call yourself.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No Texans call Texas Tejas.
View Quote
Not yet.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not yet.
View Quote
When does the change over happen?
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top