Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WE HAD ZERO FUCKING BUSINESS IN NAM

Those who made us go there belong in hell for getting all our boys killed, may fuck be opon them
View Quote

I’d rethink your position. It puts you out there with Hillary Clinton and a bunch of other people.

Right?
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is clearly reported as an echo chamber.
Enough reason to avoid.
View Quote

The big thread was meant to be an event tracker from day one, and mostly it is.  There are tons of first person accounts and primary sources cited, as well as endless video documentation.  There are even posters in that thread standing on the ground where it's happening.  That is not what I would call an echo chamber.  Not sure what you are on about?

The cheerleading gets ridiculous and old and not relevant, but that's easily ignored and skipped over.

It slides only when people offer their dumb opinions disguised as fact and get called on it.  Or better yet, when some dick-bag shows up and thinks he is going set a 4000+ page thread straight by repeating some dumb shit just he heard on Tucker or elsewhere on GD.

Fact is, the only thing wrong with the big thread is the drama.  People can clap and cheer for their side or throw a fit and be sour, but it's not going to change a fucking thing, lol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The big thread was meant to be an event tracker from day one, and mostly it is.  There are tons of first person accounts and primary sources cited, as well as endless video documentation.  There are even posters in that thread standing on the ground where it's happening.  That is not what I would call an echo chamber.  Not sure what you are on about?

The cheerleading gets ridiculous and old and not relevant, but that's easily ignored and skipped over.

It slides only when people offer their dumb opinions disguised as fact and get called on it.  Or better yet, when some dick-bag shows up and thinks he is going set a 4000+ page thread straight by repeating some dumb shit just he heard on Tucker or elsewhere on GD.

Fact is, the only thing wrong with the big thread is the drama.  People can clap and cheer for their side or throw a fit and be sour, but it's not going to change a fucking thing, lol.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol in no way are we actually engaged, let alone in any way that is equal to how Russia is engaged. We are sending limited quantities of some types of our dated equipment to be utilized by a generally incompetent fighting force. If we went all in to the degree Russia is, it’d be a slaughter.
View Quote

Would a US force, without air superiority, be better able to get through the minefields, trenches, and tank traps than the Ukrainian forces?  Serious question, not trying to be a smart a$$.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would a US force, without air superiority, be better able to get through the minefields, trenches, and tank traps than the Ukrainian forces?  Serious question, not trying to be a smart a$$.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol in no way are we actually engaged, let alone in any way that is equal to how Russia is engaged. We are sending limited quantities of some types of our dated equipment to be utilized by a generally incompetent fighting force. If we went all in to the degree Russia is, it’d be a slaughter.

This may shock people but the USA is not really all that good at air to ground integration because of the separation of the USA and USAF.  The USA makes up for by its use of FA and Rotary wing aviation but I think most over estimate our ability in that aspect of combined arms.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't want to breach a wire/mine obstacle under any circumstance.  Air or no air it sucks.  It sucked to train for at NTC and I doubt doing it for real would be any better.

There are areas that are km deep with mines.  No army on the planet is going to skate through that like it's cool.  People like to imagine there is some fortified line to be crossed then it's smooth sailing into rear areas, followed by a rout.  Nope, just more mines.

And then there's drones, indirect fire and trenches covering every avenue of approach.

No wonder they are slow rolling this offensive.  They seem to be putting up some good numbers, but not a lot of ground is being retaken.  Don't know how they could do any better with what they have on hand TBH.

Could we do any better?  I don't know.  It probably depends as much as anything on the public's willingness to repeatedly see whole companys and battalions getting wiped out every other afternoon trying.

Russians seem to be the only ones willing to go down that road.  And what do they have to show for it?  Not much, other than a backwards killed to wounded ratio and endless struggles to provide reserve forces where they are needed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 2:25:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This may shock people but the USA is not really all that good at air to ground integration because of the separation of the USA and USAF.  The USA makes up for by its use of FA and Rotary wing aviation but I think most over estimate our ability in that aspect of combined arms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outside of annual NTC rotations, I’m not sure how much FW air-ground integration takes place for Regular Army units.    

For the ARNG, NTC (with FW CAS) only happens every four years.  

I will say that the last Army unit I saw that conducted a CALFEX w/ FW had an S-3 that definitely understood the concept of synchronization of fires.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Starting with bowing to R0N's expert knowledge on Fires, I think we would be able to eventually roll back significant parts of the A2AD bubble, especially by this point, if we had the munitions to do so. Further, I think we could put far more of a hurt on a comparable adversary logistics than the Uks would be capable, at least within 30-60 miles of the FLOT.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top