Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2023 2:51:23 PM EDT
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday he would deploy tactical nuclear weapons in neighbour and ally Belarus.

Putin has repeatedly issued thinly veiled threats he could use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, reviving Cold War-era fears.

He also said he would deploy depleted uranium ammunition if Kyiv received such munitions from the West following a British suggestion that it could supply Ukraine.

"There is nothing unusual here either: the United States has been doing this for decades. They have long placed their tactical nuclear weapons on the territory of their allies," Putin said.

Putin said he spoke to Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko and said "we agreed that we to do the same."

https://www.france24.com/en/russia/20230325-russia-to-station-nuclear-arms-in-belarus-says-putin
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Somehow, the WH press secretary will hail this as proof the sanctions are working come Monday.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
We need to surrender now!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, we will solve this by sending 50 billion more to Ukraine and depleting the SPR more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Time to reopen Greenham Common.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somehow, the WH press secretary will hail this as proof the sanctions are working come Monday.
View Quote

They really are a feckless, incompetent bunch aren’t they.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
We should nuke ourselves then surrender.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
One phone call to Putin telling him that we will flood the market with oil to the point he can’t give it away and this shit stops. But he won’t even bluff this move.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Put some in NY & CA also Brother????
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nobody gives a fuck Putin. Nobody has done anything to warrant nuke usage. If you decide to nuke something without any rea justification then be prepared to recieve a full barrage coming back at you.

Carry on breaking it off in Russias ass Ukraine and NATO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#12]
They already have missiles that can hit any spot on the globe from deep inside Russia. I don't see how it matters where they put a few tactical nukes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One phone call to Putin telling him that we will flood the market with oil to the point he can’t give it away and this shit stops. But he won’t even bluff this move.
View Quote

Nah, Putin will know Biden is bluffing.  I mean, it Biden, ya know!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
So glad we have the most popular president ever with the best foreign policy to keep us financially committed to this cluster
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They already have missiles that can hit any spot on the globe from deep inside Russia. I don't see how it matters where they put a few tactical nukes.
View Quote

T T T ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol as if they didn’t already have nukes stationed in Belarus. Yob tvayou mat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#18]
In before the Ruskiebros?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nobody gives a fuck Putin. Nobody has done anything to warrant nuke usage. If you decide to nuke something without any rea justification then be prepared to recieve a full barrage coming back at you.

View Quote

Oh that scary!

Why aren't you panicked and wetting yourself?? That is the popular response these days. The party of Reagan demands appeasement
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
No one is risking a nuclear exchange over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Time to reopen Greenham Common.
View Quote

It'll take some doing, they've dug up the run way and turned it all over to nature. It's covered in heathland and cows. I walked the dog round it earlier today.
The control tower is a cafe now
Have fond memories of the planes taking off, used to watch them from the end of the runway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#23]
How many nukes did the soviets have in East Germany in 1985 when Putin was there?

He's just nostalgic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly what the WH Press secretary says. I trust her totally.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed. Don’t really understand what difference it makes. ICBMs kinda make forward deployment a moot point.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh that scary!

Why aren't you panicked and wetting yourself?? That is the popular response these days. The party of Reagan demands appeasement
View Quote

I neither panicked nor wet myself the entire Cold War and Reagan was my first CIC when I first enlisted.   It’s a threat certainly but with MAD , not something to get all upset about.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

We nuked Japan twice. Why can’t Putin use a low yield nuke in Ukraine? Other than that Biden would over react and start a global exchange.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Guess we should put some of our own in Poland like they've been asking for.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We nuked Japan twice. Why can't Putin use a low yield nuke in Ukraine? Other than that Biden would over react and start a global exchange.
View Quote
The entire civilized world would react if Russia pops off a Nuke. Even China is telling them to back off the rhetoric and not use nukes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, it IS a good sign that the sanctions ARE working.

Remember little Kim? Everytime he was in deep dodo he was throwning a nuclear tantrum to get the west send him food for his starving subjects.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wat ?

Why in the world would the pedo flood the market with oil ?

He hates oil, he hates you , flooding the market would cause the price of gas to go down.

That is the LAST thing pedo wants . And Putin knows that , he wouldn’t believe it even if he said it ,

This whole thing is a huge win for Pedo .

I saw gas for under $3 a gallon yesterday . I bet the pedo is pissed at that .
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Generally, moving weapons near their targets decreases the time window for detection, decision and response. If there is not decent ground or satellite based launch detection coverage of the launch sites then mobile assets like AWAC aircraft or Agis cruisers might have to be redeployed, which pulls them from other missions.

In a strange way, diversifying basing to third parties increases the probability of first use. Does U.S. leadership really care if the Russians strike Incirlik Air Base, Turkey in response to a U.S. strike? Does Russian leadership care if Belarus soaks a U.S. limited retaliatory strike? Is either side going to commit to full release in response? No, almost certainly not.

Diversified third party basing also makes some types of interception harder. If one side of using boost or mid flight phase interceptors then they might not be viable or they have to be redeployed.

Basing is a big topic! A huge wild card is exactly what the Russians are deploying to Belarus? Is this tactical aircraft with free fall/parachute retarded nuclear bombs? Are they nuclear cruise missiles? Are they hypersonic missiles? This is definitely an escalation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Remember little Kim? Everytime he was in deep dodo he was throwning a nuclear tantrum to get the west send him food for his starving subjects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Norks would likely still be starving regardless of the sanctions though. It’s a feature of communism, not proof that sanctions work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]
The Russians have had nukes in Kaliningrad for a long time.

This is just propaganda for Putin-bots.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Indeed. Don’t really understand what difference it makes. ICBMs kinda make forward deployment a moot point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shorter distance  to targets and less time to counter if forward deployed. why else would we have nukes in Turkey
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]
They will just trade them away for food or something, lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesnt matter. It does to smooth brains though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#38]
It is merely coincidence this was announced a few hours before the Sunday morning talkshows.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Id be surprised if they weren't there already from day one.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly why it doesn't matter. Putin just thinks it'll sound scary cause he's a dumb bitch, as is the diaper and zelinsky
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Along with SLBMs.

Capable nuclear nations can legally park hundreds of warheads on dozens of missiles on hard to find submarines just off the coast of their "target" in international waters ...

Don't like it?  Tough Shit!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#43]
It’s time to surrender now

Panic
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Recreating the Soviet Union.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We should nuke ourselves then surrender.
View Quote

Viva La France!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It’s time to surrender now

Panic
View Quote

I just peed a little!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Let them motherfuckers light one off, just one. (if they can get it to light)

Yeah I'm in a bullseye, but the chances of any of their crap finding a target and actually working are minimal at best.
Their invasion of Ukraine has proved how incompetent they are and how bad ALL of their equipment is from top to bottom that they have showed their ass to the World that they have been bluffing the whole time since the Cold War started.

They know they would be wiped out in retaliation, with shit that works.

Fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I assumed they had nukes in Belarus and DU in Ukraine already.  In fact, I still do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#49]

LOL at Nebraska making the list.  They have ICBM sites at one end of the state and nuclear C2 at the other.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't see why they have to move them into Belarus when they already have them on their side of the  Russian border. It's not like they are going to give Belarus operational control of the things.

If you thought that Russia started an invasion without pre-positioning a nuclear response, you really need to play more video games or something.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top