User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bradley's are not really a "heavy".

Correct me if O am wrong, but I don't believe an Abrams was ever taken out by enemy fire.
View Quote

NVM
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've genuinely wondered why people keep harping on this?

As shitty as Russian tactics are, the West knows its going to lose a good bit of equipment in this offensive.
View Quote

You know why. They are sucking Commie cock.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Word is that Ukraine has been using remote controlled vehicles for probing attacks of the frontline, so there are no troops inside and that's why they seem abandoned. The counteroffensive hasn't started officially yet
View Quote

I have some ocean front property for sale are you interested .
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Word is that Ukraine has been using remote controlled vehicles for probing attacks of the frontline, so there are no troops inside and that's why they seem abandoned. The counteroffensive hasn't started officially yet
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol.  Where do you guys come up with this shit?

Quoted:

Speed can be a type of security

Can't outrun a mine.  

I don't know how anyone thinks a leopard or even an Abrams is going to do any better against AT landmines. I've seen plenty of Abrams eat shit from TM62's.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like we need to rethink giving Abrams to these morons if they are going to employ them like standard Slavshit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Company level SHORAD to deal with spotter drones and loitering UAVs need to be a thing
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They didn't.

It was fucking dumb.   Bunched up on the only un-mined path through an open field and a rus drone called in arty fire.
View Quote

Basically it seems like in Ukraine if your armor isn't moving it's done for.

What's the response time between being spotted by a drone and arty incoming? That's how long your armor has to stop.

Nah guys let's park them all together here so the boys can have a smoke and a shit
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Correct me if O am wrong, but I don't believe an Abrams was ever taken out by enemy fire.
View Quote

You are wrong. Several have been taken out by tandem RPG's in Iraq, and quite a few due to IEDs and mines.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
At this point both the Leopard 2 and the Abrams are long in the tooth and they probably would have started to have been phased out around 2010 if tank development hadn't slowed from Cold War levels.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When is this going to end??
View Quote

Return of the King.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At this point both the Leopard 2 and the Abrams are long in the tooth and they probably would have started to have been phased out around 2010 if tank development hadn't slowed from Cold War levels.
View Quote

The main threats for armor in Ukraine are heavy antitank mines and small drones hitting their thin top armor. The only modern tank that could possibly deal with those threats better is the Merkava IV. US and European tanks put all their focus on protecting their front and sides from other tanks and ATGMs. Even a 40mm HEDP grenade dropped from a drone would easily penetrate the top armor of an M1A2
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've genuinely wondered why people keep harping on this?

As shitty as Russian tactics are, the West knows its going to lose a good bit of equipment in this offensive.
View Quote

Yeah, it will happen.  The Russians might not have a ton of good anti-tank missiles, tanks, or qualified soldiers to use them, but artillery can do good work.  It's one of the things the Russians have plenty of.  A lucky or well directed round can cause a mobility kill which makes it easy for subsequent rounds to hit.  Anti-tank mines are also very effective at mobility kills.  

No big surprise with the Brads, they aren't so well armored.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Because they are stupid…
View Quote

A lot of this in their past..  

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You are wrong. Several have been taken out by tandem RPG's in Iraq, and quite a few due to IEDs and mines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw the same documentary he is talking about.  And I think that was a pre GWOT statement.  

There is a video of an Abrams taken out by a lucky shot from an RPG on the run for Baghdad.  They had to destroy the sensitive equipment in it and leave it.

I'm sure they were able to recover the hull later on and reuse it.  So know knows if they count that as a true "loss".
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Death of the dollar means no more dollars for U-Crane. The Neo-Cons who suport it are more than happy to fight to the last U-Cranian.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Some GoPro footage from one of the Bradleys:

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I saw the same documentary he is talking about.  And I think that was a pre GWOT statement.  

There is a video of an Abrams taken out by a lucky shot from an RPG on the run for Baghdad.  They had to destroy the sensitive equipment in it and leave it.

I'm sure they were able to recover the hull later on and reuse it.  So know knows if they count that as a true "loss".
View Quote

There were plenty of Abrams taken out during the GWOT, not just one in the beginning.

My unit lost several on one deployment.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Company level SHORAD to deal with spotter drones and loitering UAVs need to be a thing
View Quote

Bingo.

Avengers for everyone!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Death of the dollar means no more dollars for U-Crane. The Neo-Cons who suport it are more than happy to fight to the last U-Cranian.
View Quote

That also kills the money laundering you claim is so prevalent, right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bingo.

Avengers for everyone!
View Quote

Perfect, the $400K per missile system we haven't produced in almost two decades to take out $2K "spotter drones" and $20K OWAs.

And we wonder why they constantly run out of everything.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Perfect, the $400K per missile system we haven't produced in almost two decades to take out $2K "spotter drones" and $20K OWAs.

And we wonder why they constantly run out of everything.
View Quote

Drones launch kornet ATGMs and have dual rotor blades?

Sometimes cost is not the determining factor.

A 20k dollar drone flying towards the White House is going to be engaged regardless based upon the amount of damage and unknown aspect to it. How much damage through intel is that capable of causing when artillery rounds start coming in ? A Lot more than 20k dollars.

The orlan drones are also a lot more than 20k. Closer to 80-120k.

A ka52 is a very expensive asset. So is a ka50 and mi24/35

Also noted you didn’t mention those. Why ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Russia v NATO.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They didn't.

It was fucking dumb.   Bunched up on the only un-mined path through an open field and a rus drone called in arty fire.
View Quote

It's the same shit that let the ukes toast up tons of russian tanks.  You would think they would have learned something.   Maybe cheaper disposable/attritable tanks are the way to go?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Russia v NATO.

View Quote

This is Russia vs Ukraine.

Nato has not entered the war
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#26]
So far Russia has recovered the Reaper Drone that was shot down over the sea, now has Bradley's and Leopards, and soon will get Abrams. They have all the small arms US weapons systems by now too. All gets funneled to China. Hope it was worth it to Biden for instigating this war.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So far Russia has recovered the Reaper Drone that was shot down over the sea, now has Bradley's and Leopards, and soon will get Abrams. They have all the small arms US weapons systems by now too. All gets funneled to China. Hope it was worth it to Biden for instigating this war.
View Quote

Repeating a lie doesn’t make it true.

How did Biden “instigate” war?

@4thbreak
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#28]
They forgot to watch the training video.
hahaha T 72B3M go brum brum

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A 20k dollar drone flying towards the White House is going to be engaged regardless based upon the amount of damage and unknown aspect to it. How much damage through intel is that capable of causing when artillery rounds start coming in ? A Lot more than 20k dollars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't mention them because you didn't in your response. I didn't notice you bringing up rotary aircraft, why is that?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Avengers for everyone!

When you have a very finite supply of something cost is absolutely the determining factor. Reducing your stocks is ultimately "cost", as well as the inability to replenish them. Things just don't materialize because you make idiotic statements like "avengers for everyone!"

Thanks for the lesson though, ever touched a fucking Orlan? It's not a "spotter drone", it's an EW and COMINT platform.  Maybe you should learn what you are talking about before you speak.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Impossible, russia is down to their last T55...

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#31]
The video of the artillery killing them isn’t accurate.

Those Bradley’s ran over tank mines.

The leopard also ran over a mine was a mobility kill and is already retracked and FMC. Only 1 of the Bradley’s was a cat kill.

Russians killed their mine plow tank.

Bradley’s crews Killed 2 T72 with tows and engaged a 3rd with AP 25mm (M791 tungsten). It set off their reactive armor but they couldn’t get a BDA on if it was a kill or not.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

How did Biden "instigate" war?

@4thbreak
View Quote
It's not my job to explain everything to you in every thread since you fail to grasp anything but a simplified Ukraine good, Russia bad. Stop trolling and maybe more people would engage with you. Until then, stop quoting me and go to your Ukraine safe space thread to continue your grifting lies.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Its going to happen. Now whether they were death by turret pop or just disabled mechanically and abandoned are 2 different things.

I wouldnt mind seeing what a platoon of current US spec M1A2s would do against Soviet armor.
View Quote

They won't be operated by trained American crews to see the full effect. Look at the tactics displayed here getting their brads killed, why are their vehicles stacked on top of each other? I was never mechanized so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like a tactically inferior position.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, the "word" is huh
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

When the Ukrainians run out of men or NATO gets directly involved.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They won't be operated by trained American crews to see the full effect. Look at the tactics displayed here getting their brads killed, why are their vehicles stacked on top of each other? was never mechanized so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like a tactically inferior position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its going to happen. Now whether they were death by turret pop or just disabled mechanically and abandoned are 2 different things.

I wouldnt mind seeing what a platoon of current US spec M1A2s would do against Soviet armor.

They won't be operated by trained American crews to see the full effect. Look at the tactics displayed here getting their brads killed, why are their vehicles stacked on top of each other? was never mechanized so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like a tactically inferior position.

That unit was trained how to fight like a western force. They wanted to continue to use Soviet tactics because their commanders were raised on them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That unit was trained how to fight like a western force. They wanted to continue to use Soviet tactics because their commanders were raised on them.
View Quote

Operational training doesn't nullify institutional training.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Those poor Bradillacs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm all good with knowing tanks, IFVs are going to be destroyed. But at least do so using proper doctrine. Rolling down the road, in broad daylight, closely packed together is not going to cut it.

View Quote

Yeeeaahh…

15 years ago you’d see kids playing Battlefield: Bad Company spacing their armor far more intelligently than that. Literally, they’d space them so that a JDAM couldn’t take out more than one, use smokescreens, advance using proper overwatch, keep distance from suspected AT infantry positions, etc.

If your armor doctrine is inferior to 18 year-olds on their PlayStations you’re just plain fucking up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeeeaahh

15 years ago you'd see kids playing Battlefield: Bad Company spacing their armor far more intelligently than that. Literally, they'd space them so that a JDAM couldn't take out more than one, use smokescreens, advance using proper overwatch, keep distance from suspected AT infantry positions, etc.

If your armor doctrine is inferior to 18 year-olds on their PlayStations you're just plain fucking up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm all good with knowing tanks, IFVs are going to be destroyed. But at least do so using proper doctrine. Rolling down the road, in broad daylight, closely packed together is not going to cut it.

Yeeeaahh

15 years ago you'd see kids playing Battlefield: Bad Company spacing their armor far more intelligently than that. Literally, they'd space them so that a JDAM couldn't take out more than one, use smokescreens, advance using proper overwatch, keep distance from suspected AT infantry positions, etc.

If your armor doctrine is inferior to 18 year-olds on their PlayStations you're just plain fucking up.
I was an indirect fire machine with the vehicle mounted grenade launchers in BF:BC. . I'd hang back and just walk fire with the advances and light up building's and areas. It was fun.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top