Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you honestly think they'll report what's actually going on over there?
View Quote

The Russians are TOTALLY winning this and have secret “wonder weapons” that Darth Putin will reveal any moment, at just the right time

Dude: the Russians are losing badly.  Turn off the Tucker Cuck-son.  That dude has gone full retard.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

By 2025 all Russian gas has the ability to be replaced.

At max the nordstream had the ability to ship about 55 billion M3/A of natural gas.

Rough conversion,  but a 135,000 gallon lng ship holds about 310,000 m3/a of cng.

Given, they didn’t need the full nordstream flow either.  But that would be 170,000ish loads of LNG needed. Not a realistic number of cargos to off load. Or to load. Or at all.  

There are also other pipelines flowing into Europe. But transmission across Europe can be dicey.

Given Europe never got the full discharge amount of the nordstream either.  I don’t have the figures handy for the actual discharge rate.

It’s not going to be “one” solution. It’s going to be a mix of a lot of solutions. Supposedly German storage is already 80% full.  Some added lng shipments. Added cng from other places. They’ll make it through the winter. Build up other methods of gas in 2023. They’ll get stretched but it seems they’ll be okay.
View Quote

We’re about to find out soon enough. Only 3 months away. Whatever happens any problems will boil down to European leadership or lack thereof
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From my laymen’s understanding Germany doesn’t want to commit to the 20 year long term contracts and that’s aggravated Canada, Qatar and US sellers. Guessing due to their climate change mentality?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel is pulling huge benefits in from Leviathan.

Shipping has to Jordan and Egypt makes friendly neighbors

Other countries that were exporting there can redirect to Europe.

From my laymen’s understanding Germany doesn’t want to commit to the 20 year long term contracts and that’s aggravated Canada, Qatar and US sellers. Guessing due to their climate change mentality?

Yep. A lot of their problems are their own doing.  So I don’t really feel bad for their lack of planning.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Putin needs to self execute.
View Quote

Yes please.

Though I would not mind if he got some help.  Maybe a big push right before he accidentally falls out a window.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you retarded?
View Quote

Qtarded
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Russians are TOTALLY winning this and have secret "wonder weapons" that Darth Putin will reveal any moment, at just the right time

Dude: the Russians are losing badly.  Turn off the Tucker Cuck-son.  That dude has gone full retard.
View Quote
The Russians are losing badly now, and only in the Kharkov area.

And yes, the world's largest nuclear power does have plenty of "wonder weapons" that someone like Putin could use to radically turn the tide of battle.

This war isn't over by a long shot -- any more than it was over when the Russians got beaten back from Kiev, or when the Ukranians got their shit pushed in at Mariupol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Germans are trying to avoid shipments of LNG from the USA.  It is not working out for them.  USA is shipping LNG to Europe faster than it can be unloaded.

“Germany, the biggest buyer of Russian gas in the EU, is building several LNG import facilities, its first, despite its goal of abandoning fossil-fueled power by 2035. It usually takes several years to obtain the permits and billions of euros in financing necessary to construct such terminals. Germany temporarily authorized an acceleration of the approval process and expects the first two to be up and running this winter. Both are ship-borne floating terminals that can be put into operation in a matter of months. The Netherlands was also expanding its import capacity, with plans to add two floating units in September. To move gas from the coastal import terminals to demand centers elsewhere, new pipelines are being laid.”
View Quote

"...despite [Germany's] goal of abandoning fossil-fueled power by 2035."  That, and hamstringing the nuclear plants they have or had, is why they're contemplating freezing in the dark this Winter.  

My question to the O&G guys here is, are there no North Sea or Norwegian Sea gas reservoirs anymore?  I had thought there were, that they weren't depleted, and that there were sufficient upstream assets to make up any shortfall from Russia?  Or are the Greens fucking that up too, as usual?

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No one is talking about Leviathan either.

So I’ll just let the talking heads talk instead of trying to correct.
View Quote

That's annoying.  (Not you, but the atmosphere here hindering SMEs like you from wanting to contribute.)
Learning from SMEs is one of the few reasons to come here.  

Where is Leviathan gas supposed to be routed?  Via Cyprus-Turkey-Greece?  Some other route?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And yes, the world's largest nuclear power does have plenty of "wonder weapons" that someone like Putin could use to radically turn the tide of battle.

This war isn't over by a long shot -- any more than it was over when the Russians got beaten back from Kiev, or when the Ukranians got their shit pushed in at Mariupol.
View Quote

There’s a couple places in Donbas that have been recaptured by Ukraine, not as large as Kharkov and Kherson isn’t over either. Moscow will have to address its mistakes if it hopes to remedy the situation. Crimea might be the only place in Ukraine place they’d be more serious about nukes since they consider it Russian territory given Ukraine ambassador’s statements of recapturing all land they lost {which has been declared previously as well}
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"...despite [Germany's] goal of abandoning fossil-fueled power by 2035."  That, and hamstringing the nuclear plants they have or had, is why they're contemplating freezing in the dark this Winter.  

My question to the O&G guys here is, are there no North Sea or Norwegian Sea gas reservoirs anymore?  I had thought there were, that they weren't depleted, and that there were sufficient upstream assets to make up any shortfall from Russia?  Or are the Greens fucking that up too, as usual?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Germans are trying to avoid shipments of LNG from the USA.  It is not working out for them.  USA is shipping LNG to Europe faster than it can be unloaded.

“Germany, the biggest buyer of Russian gas in the EU, is building several LNG import facilities, its first, despite its goal of abandoning fossil-fueled power by 2035. It usually takes several years to obtain the permits and billions of euros in financing necessary to construct such terminals. Germany temporarily authorized an acceleration of the approval process and expects the first two to be up and running this winter. Both are ship-borne floating terminals that can be put into operation in a matter of months. The Netherlands was also expanding its import capacity, with plans to add two floating units in September. To move gas from the coastal import terminals to demand centers elsewhere, new pipelines are being laid.”

Suffering lack of investment.

Norway has the largest sovereign national wealth fund of any country. They can basically infinitely buy a good economic will.  So they’re just buying “green” energy shit because they can afford to.

The problem is lack of investment to grow their production because it doesn’t line up with their political goals currently. Which means they don’t have excess product to sell now that people need it.

The Brit’s are trying to gear up a bit to cover their own usage. But just like what we have seen in the US over the last year - turning O&G production on doesn’t happen instantly.  Takes a ton of time for planning, exploring, building production, building new capacity.

They’re behind the 8 ball by an easy 12-16 months. The question is by winter of 2023 will be there enough capacity to cover needs. Will Russian production be back? Will the war be over? How much does the EU want Russian production? How much green weenie will they be choking down?

That sort of thing.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's annoying.  (Not you, but the atmosphere here hindering SMEs like you from wanting to contribute.)

Where is Leviathan gas supposed to be routed?  Via Cyprus-Turkey-Greece?  Some other route?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is talking about Leviathan either.

So I’ll just let the talking heads talk instead of trying to correct.

The US squashed a pipeline from Israel  -> Greece -> Italy -> EU earlier this year.  (January.)  It was only going to be like 1100 miles too. Could of been done by winter of 2023/2024.

It would of basically been done by this winter too if politicians hadn’t gotten in the way. And it would of replace most of, If not all of Russian gas.  They said it was for “environmental” concerns. But really turkey wanted a piece of the pie.  Now the proposed route is something like 2300 miles and might be done by 2025/2026.

Just stupidity and politics. Which is really one in the same.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you retarded?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's a couple places in Donbas that have been recaptured by Ukraine, not as large as Kharkov and Kherson isn't over either. Moscow will have to address its mistakes if it hopes to remedy the situation. Crimea might be the only place in Ukraine place they'd be more serious about nukes since they consider it Russian territory given Ukraine ambassador's statements of recapturing all land they lost {which has been declared previously as well}
View Quote
Yeah, I don't see the Russians even considering nukes as long as Ukraine stays on their side of the border.  But if they decide to capture territory that the Russians consider to be theirs then I would expect to see tactical nukes vaporizing Ukranian sites for starters.

Which is why, despite the fantasies of "decolonizing" Russia or making a dash to Moscow and taking out Putin, NATO will keep Zelenskyy on a short leash.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russians are TOTALLY winning this and have secret "wonder weapons" that Darth Putin will reveal any moment, at just the right time

You are downplaying what's happening. Russia has lost ALL GAINS they have made since April. Morale is at an all time low. They are abandoning tanks and arty at a cyclic rate. They've lost major railway hubs. They have 52k KIA, few reserves, no air superiority, and little/no defensive lines to fall back to. Leadership is non existent, and even the most pro-Russia vatniks are now calling for Putin's head.

It's over. It will still just take a while for Russia to realize it.

They can use nukes if they want, but they know as well I we do that it WILL result in NATO involvement....they cry about NATO being mean now, just wait until Poland rolls in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are downplaying what's happening. Russia has lost ALL GAINS they have made since April. Morale is at an all time low. They are abandoning tanks and arty at a cyclic rate. They've lost major railway hubs. They have 52k KIA, few reserves, no air superiority, and little/no defensive lines to fall back to. Leadership is non existent, and even the most pro-Russia vatniks are now calling for Putin's head.

They can use nukes if they want, but they know as well I we do that it WILL result in NATO involvement....they cry about NATO being mean now, just wait until Poland rolls in.
View Quote
LOL, I love these "Europeans are eager for nuclear war!!!" fever dreams some of you have.  The Poles talk a big game but once the nukes fly they will say "Hey Brother Slavs, let's not get hasty here".

And no, this is not over.  Nor has Russia "lost all gains since April".  
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Norway has the largest sovereign national wealth fund of any country. They can basically infinitely buy a good economic will.  So they’re just buying “green” energy shit because they can afford to.

The problem is lack of investment to grow their production because it doesn’t line up with their political goals currently. Which means they don’t have excess product to sell now that people need it.

The Brit’s are trying to gear up a bit to cover their own usage. But just like what we have seen in the US over the last year - turning O&G production on doesn’t happen instantly.  Takes a ton of time for planning, exploring, building production, building new capacity.

They’re behind the 8 ball by an easy 12-16 months. The question is by winter of 2023 will be there enough capacity to cover needs. Will Russian production be back? Will the war be over? How much does the EU want Russian production? How much green weenie will they be choking down?

That sort of thing.

View Quote

Thank you.  Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, and why I come here.

So it's a question of lag between an input of trying to increase production and resulting production, with the catch of potential Russian reinvolvement in the market (and Leviathan + other new fields + Qatari gas---assuming a pipeline ever gets built to send it from there to Europe) causing a glut by the time that increased production makes it downstream?

That certainly would give pause to anyone wanting to significantly commit to expensive production increase projects, despite the obvious local shortages now in Central and Western Europe.  (Plus ESG-inspired antipathy of capital sources towards funding such projects.)

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LOL, I love these "Europeans are eager for nuclear war!!!" fever dreams some of you have.  The Poles talk a big game but once the nukes fly they will say "Hey Brother Slavs, let's not get hasty here".

View Quote

If Russia doesn’t mobilize they will lose all their gains since 2014.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not what I said. What I said is that if Russia wants to get froggy with nukes, they will regret it when NATO actually gets involved. Don't twist my words. Nobody is eager for nukes, and nobody said they are.

And yes, they lost in 5 days what they have gained since April.

Russia is also firing generals...

The guy that planned the initial invasion in 2014 has also recently said Russia is done. He knows WAY more than you.

You're wrong, it's over. This invasion is in its death throes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't even have time to mobilize. It would be the final nail in Putin's coffin too IMO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, I don't see the Russians even considering nukes as long as Ukraine stays on their side of the border.  But if they decide to capture territory that the Russians consider to be theirs then I would expect to see tactical nukes vaporizing Ukranian sites for starters.

Which is why, despite the fantasies of "decolonizing" Russia or making a dash to Moscow and taking out Putin, NATO will keep Zelenskyy on a short leash.
View Quote

Problem is both sides view Crimea as their territory and critical to control.  If nukes get tossed my money is on it bring over the the yellow and blue flag getting planted in Sevastopol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If Russia doesn't mobilize they will lose all their gains since 2014.
View Quote
I would agree with you there:  Putin has tried to do things on the cheap.  He's going to have to escalate somehow or he's going to eventually lose everything -- including possibly his head.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So it's a question of lag between an input of trying to increase production and resulting production, with the catch of potential Russian reinvolvement in the market (and Leviathan + other new fields + Qatari gas---assuming a pipeline ever gets built to send it from there to Europe) causing a glut by the time that increased production makes it downstream?

That certainly would give pause to anyone wanting to significantly commit to expensive production increase projects, despite the obvious local shortages now in Central and Western Europe.  (Plus ESG-inspired antipathy of capital sources towards funding such projects.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sort of thing.

This is why Gas is typically done in long term contracts.  15 year minimum, 20 year normally. 30 year isn’t out of the question. You have to be able to maximize the life cycle of the infrastructure.

ESG’s are shooting the EU not in the foot, but in the knee cap. Because they don’t want to plan that far out because of “climate change.”

Russia was willing to sell at a premium, without long term contracts.

But we’ve seen how that worked out.

Just what sacrifices will be made, by who and when.

Oil is a little more forgiving because it’s less expensive to store and ship.  There is also typically a buyer for it, some where at a price.  Where as gas, it’s much harder to ship, let alone more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia and people like you need to stop thinking about just what Putin can do, but start worrying about what the US and NATO can do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's not what I said. What I said is that if Russia wants to get froggy with nukes, they will regret it when NATO actually gets involved. Don't twist my words. Nobody is eager for nukes, and nobody said they are.

The guy that planned the initial invasion in 2014 has also recently said Russia is done. He knows WAY more than you.

View Quote
First off, that is complete bullshit:  They are still firmly in control of Mariupol, which they captured in mid-May.  So no, they haven't lost "everything they gained since April".  Maybe in the Kharkov area, but nowhere else.

Plus, if Russia decides to get "froggy with nukes" what makes you so certain Europe will decide to get involved at that point?  Especially since Ukraine isn't a NATO country and no one is actually treaty-bound to help them.

If Ukraine starts invading Russia proper, and Russia responds by frying a few logistics hubs or a division, NATO won't do anything more than issue a sternly-worded letter.  Because as you correctly point out, no one in Europe is eager for nukes in their own cities.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Russia and people like you need to stop thinking about just what Putin can do, but start worrying about what the US and NATO can do.
View Quote
Dude, if Russia decides to go full nuclear strike on the US it won't make fucking bit of difference to anyone what the US and NATO do in retaliation.

No one is going to win a nuclear war, okay?  Even a limited nuclear exchange between the US an Russia will destroy the world economy as we know it.

You think supply chain issues are bad now, wait until the Port of Los Angeles is a radioactive wasteland.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
First off, that is complete bullshit:  They are still firmly in control of Mariupol, which they captured in mid-May.  So no, they haven't lost "everything they gained since April".  Maybe in the Kharkov area, but nowhere else.

Plus, if Russia decides to get "froggy with nukes" what makes you so certain Europe will decide to get involved at that point?  Especially since Ukraine isn't a NATO country and no one is actually treaty-bound to help them.

If Ukraine starts invading Russia proper, and Russia responds by frying a few logistics hubs or a division, NATO won't do anything more than issue a sternly-worded letter.  Because as you correctly point out, no one in Europe is eager for nukes in their own cities.
View Quote

When people state they have lost everything they have gained since April, they are referring to total area, not specific locations.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When people state they have lost everything they have gained since April, they are referring to total area, not specific locations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought this was obvious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can claim it's bullshit, but that doesn't make it so. You also ignore the other 10 indications I pointed out that show the beginning of the end for this invasion.

You think Russia nuking Ukraine wouldn't be triggering of article 5? I think that's very optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep, just like they did with Napoleon, and then Hitler.    They’re gonna let the Ukes get within spitting distance of Moscow, and then wait for old man Winter an the Cossacks to finish ‘em off.  
View Quote

They had no choice with Napoleon after Borodino.  Once he waited till November to retreat that's when they started attacking.  When they were cold and starving.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#32]

I watch this guy sometimes.  Speak The Truth is another Youtube channel with an American ex army sniper running it.  His assessments are longer and more in-depth.   He's say many ot the same things.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I thought this was obvious.
View Quote

It was to most of us i suspect lol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ukranians held Mariupol for what? 6-8 weeks being out gunned and out manned?

That Northeastern line collapsing has been catastrophic.  Divisions worth of material gone and at the least 7000 captured. Kherson is not in a good place for the Russians in any way and in the South things are looking to get super interesting soon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Back in May this was exactly what I was posting about why Russia was going to have problems down the road. All the talk about “were going to seize 1/2 of Ukraine to the river and Odessa once Bakhmut and Slaviansk fall as our tanks face new recruits and flat terrain” and I was like with what troops? Kiev was only ever possible at the start of the war IF the Ukrainians fled Kabul style but they didn’t. Russia can’t seem to grasp, ironically, that land wars require more than Rambo or the dirty dozen. Technology can only go so far. Ukraine is a big mutherfucking country and most of them aren’t pro Russian, at least the further you go west. Never underestimate an enemy, never assume all will go according to plan - Mike Tyson rule {Murphy’s law} and Hope is not a plan. Back in WW2 nations mobilized millions to fight. Today people act like 100,000 is a lot of personnel despite global population being like triple the size of 1939.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#36]
If their nuclear weapons are maintained like their flagship was....we have nothing to worry about.

What happened to the Moskova, important part starts at about 11:00:

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Russia is a like a gut shot pig, running around and squealing because it's to stupid to know it's already dead.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]

6 pages later...
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]
doubletap
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Hopefully this ends with Putin booted and Russian concessions in the Donbas before Russia is so weakened that Siberia is Greater Manchuria and the assorted angry Muslims are running the remainder of Russia.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't think anybody does ABS in a tank either. My sarcasm might have been a little dry on that one.

I tried that will pickup truck once...the tank did a lot better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure anybody springs for airbags in a tank?

Isn't the underlying assumption that these things don't come to abrupt stops?

I mean, that impact fucked up the orbit of the Earth.  Somebody at NASA is all like, "WTF is this shit?"
I don't think anybody does ABS in a tank either. My sarcasm might have been a little dry on that one.

I tried that will pickup truck once...the tank did a lot better.

Oh, no, the sarcasm was readily apparent, but just the thought of "safety features" sent me down a rabbit hole of wondering what, if any, crew collision protection is found inside of tanks.  Those guys hit that tree ... fast.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hopefully this ends with Putin booted and Russian concessions in the Donbas before Russia is so weakened that Siberia is Greater Manchuria and the assorted angry Muslims are running the remainder of Russia.
View Quote

You do not want crazy angry Muslims with nukes from Russia.

That just sounds like a bad scenario where NATO does get involved.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How is putin profitting off of the enormous expenditures in Russian lives, equipment, and political capital for a failed war?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dude, if Russia decides to go full nuclear strike on the US it won't make fucking bit of difference to anyone what the US and NATO do in retaliation.

No one is going to win a nuclear war, okay?  Even a limited nuclear exchange between the US an Russia will destroy the world economy as we know it.

You think supply chain issues are bad now, wait until the Port of Los Angeles is a radioactive wasteland.
View Quote

Nobody is launching nukes. And Ukraine is going to win. You keep on backing the wrong horse though. The real fascists are the Russians. It is pretty disgusting to see people rooting for them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We have some recent Ukrainians roaming around here. I don’t think we are screening wisely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ship the southerners to "sanctuary cities" like D.C.
Ship the Ukranians to my neighborhood.

I really should look at sponsoring some Ukranians.

We have some recent Ukrainians roaming around here. I don’t think we are screening wisely.

This.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh, no, the sarcasm was readily apparent, but just the thought of "safety features" sent me down a rabbit hole of wondering what, if any, crew collision protection is found inside of tanks.  Those guys hit that tree ... fast.  
View Quote
Spall liner might be a little squishy?

There has to be some DATs around here that know the answer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If their nuclear weapons are maintained like their flagship was....we have nothing to worry about.

What happened to the Moskova, important part starts at about 11:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEtlMSCiCI
View Quote

Watched that earlier and that's what I was going to post.

Russia is a poor ass country with an extremely corrupt government and a massively inefficient system. They have major demographics problems and a collapsed birth rate. Much of Russia's $10,000 per capita GDP comes from selling resources, not producing goods. (Compare that to the GDP of Mississippi which is about $30,000 per year. Yea, people in Mississippi are fabulously wealthy compared to Russians.)

Russia has three military strengths. The first is that it has a lot of old cold war era hardware which they can't afford to maintain and is now beyond obsolete. The second is their stockpile of nuclear missiles... But a lot has to go right for a nuclear missile to work and if it doesn't then the missile blows up on the launchpad, or misses, or the warhead fizzles. And if the Russians can't afford to maintain their flagship any better than that, why would we think their nuclear arsenal is in any better shape?

Yea, a 99% failure rate when the enemy has a thousand missiles still leaves ten cities getting nuked, and that's a blow we don't want to take. So we can't discount the nuclear threat entirely.

The third strength is that it has some pretty good darn engineers who do come up with some good designs for military hardware... But if you include those new super weapons as a Russian strength then you should also include the F-23 as a strength of the American military. (You remember, the YF-23, the competitor to the F-22.) Yea, that was a totally badass plane but we only built some prototypes. That's where the Russians are with their wonder weapons.

In short. the Russian military sucks, it has a ways sucked, it probably sucked during the Cold War, it sucked before the Ukraine War, and it sucks even more now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only? Did you miss the best and the most combat worthy russian forces being trapped on the right bank of the river? They cant cross because the bridges are gone, any attempt to use a ferry invites artillery.
Every crossing sector is under fire control. Hellen Keller can see the fact that they are trapped.
The only way they get a cross is to drop everything inflate a fucking condom and float across the river hoping the Ukrainians wont bother wasting an artillery shell.
So would you like to die crossing the river or from lack of supplies?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How reliable is this guy?  Is he legit?  Artur Rehi

Also what variant is this tank?  It appears that it was abandoned at high speed and went on to dead-center a huge tree.  You can see Russians jumping/falling off the tank.  Skip to 2:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXoZK6OdI0
View Quote

Seemed like some T-72 variant.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top