Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2020 7:58:45 PM EDT
And that's before the court packing coming down the pike.

Buy whatever you want now, because it's all going to go away soon, and AWBs will be allowed to stand.  The 2A (and frankly the rest of the constitution) are irrelevant at this point.  There is nothing that won't be compromised away in the name of "the greater good".

Republicans won't even try to fight it.  But they will fund raise off of it like they always do.

I won't be bothering to vote anymore either, because there is no way we ever get a fair election again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I was fairly confident all along that Barrett was compromised. The left didn't put up nearly enough of a fight, other than some tough words. That told me everything.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
calm down

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t think this has any bearing on any other case, including guns.  They said there was no legal standing in this specific case.  That’s it.  I wouldn’t read anything else into it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh for fuck sakes get a grip!
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Buy whatever you want now, because it's all going to go away soon, and AWBs will be allowed to stand.  The 2A (and frankly the rest of the constitution) are irrelevant at this point.  There is nothing that won't be compromised away in the name of "the greater good".

Republicans won't even try to fight it.  But they will fund raise off of it like they always do.

I won't be bothering to vote anymore either, because there is no way we ever get a fair election again.
View Quote

We've already won in the SCOTUS.
Unanimous decision by SCOTUS...

"the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that "the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States".
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t think this has any bearing on any other case, including guns.  They said there was no legal standing in this specific case.  That’s it.  I wouldn’t read anything else into it.
View Quote

So corruption that chooses an illegally elected federal president for you state isn’t legal standing? Got it... then our republic is broken.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was fairly confident all along that Barrett was compromised. The left didn't put up nearly enough of a fight, other than some tough words. That told me everything.
View Quote

If they had done that to Barrett then it would have lit off the party a little too early.

As for the posit of the OP. Your evidence for this is...?

Ok, just found out about the supreme courts latest decline. I suppose it's irrelevant either way.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Good thing all of the revolutionary War heroes were just like OP and surrendered before even getting started.

This sentiment is pathetic defeatism.

Why buy guns if you're just going to surrender before anything even happens.

FFS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]
OP should start drinking earlier.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is GD. GD doesn’t do grip, it does mindless panic.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Some of you guys are worse than the left when Trump won. Get ahold of yourself, for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
One issue has nothing to do with the other, except this probably means NY can’t sue TX over its gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
What did i miss?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The court rules on the law, not on what you (or they) really want to happen.

Things like "standing" are part of law, not just a gotcha they use when they feel like it.

This decision means nothing for how the court will rule on guns.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Fed Gov or Supreme Court does not give me my rights.  They can fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

As far as they see it. The only reason you go on living is because they chose to continue to allow you to go on living. To go on being a good little taxpayer.

To these people anything not under their direct control, is out of control.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone saying they will not vote anymore is a goddamn idiot. Get your state governments red and quit whining.

Now isn’t the time to quit, it is the time to fight. We can’t just make our voices heard on Election Day, we need to be as all in as the commies.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#23]
If you are trying to correlate their refuting the wacky theories that claim the election was stolen from Trump with how they will rule on 2nd amendment cases please realize that most of Trump’s claims are nuttier than squirrel turds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wholeheartedly agree ??
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good thing all of the revolutionary War heroes were just like OP and surrendered before even getting started.

FFS.
View Quote

I don't recall American revolutionaries waiting with baited breath on decisions to come down from court or crown, either, but I guess I could've missed the memo on that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought Kavanaugh and ACB were one of us?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't recall American revolutionaries waiting with baited breath on decisions to come down from court or crown, either, but I guess I could've missed the memo on that.
View Quote

There's a lot of people on both sides who wanted this resolved peacefully, believe it or not.

But when those who want war reach a certain number, well, there's only one option left on the table, isn't there?

I see it this way. This is just 2016 all over again only this time Hilary and crew didn't leave anything to chance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

FFS.
View Quote

Who said anything about surrendering?  Voting doesn't work anymore.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought Kavanaugh and ACB were one of us?
View Quote

Thatsnicedear.jpg
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#32]
the court packing is coming.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Except "standing" is not consistently interpreted and usually is a convenient way to engineer an outcome or evade responsibility.

Take the challenge to PA election laws. Before the election, people challenging didn't have "standing" to challenge because no damage had been done yet. After, they didn't have "standing" because the damage had already been done.

That is the courts engineering an outcome and locking those who object out from a meaningful hearing of their case.

That's exactly what SCOTUS did here.
View Quote

Did they actually get thrown out for lack of standing in a filing before the election, because no harm had been done yet?

Or did they use that hypothetical as an excuse in their post-election filing for why they didn't challenge before, to try to avoid getting thrown out for laches?

You would absolutely have standing before the election. You can have standing for future or "imminent" harm.

edit: to clarify, Texas wouldn't have standing to challenge PA election law at any point in time, before or after. But the PA state courts should've heard challenges to PA election law before the election, unless they were bogus for other reasons.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Why should I care what their opinions are? "Shall not be infringed" is plenty obvious.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Lol fuck the supreme court. I hope 7 of the 9 are damned to hell. Fuuuuuck them!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Some of you guys should really talk to your doctor about testosterone therapy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
What's with the wadded panties in GD?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#40]
"Someone please help! I need laws to govern me so I can function as an adult!!111"
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that was a requirement before you could even post in GD?  As a lifer, I prewad mine before even logging in and keep a spare set of the really coarse cheap ones wadded up for emergencies.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Except "standing" is not consistently interpreted and usually is a convenient way to engineer an outcome or evade responsibility.

Take the challenge to PA election laws. Before the election, people challenging didn't have "standing" to challenge because no damage had been done yet. After, they didn't have "standing" because the damage had already been done.

That is the courts engineering an outcome and locking those who object out from a meaningful hearing of their case.

That's exactly what SCOTUS did here.
View Quote

You’re exactly right. IMO they took the cowards route out of fear. They fear angering the radical left and their handlers. They have zero fear of law abiding conservatives
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#43]
We couldn't keep it.  So sad....
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I've bought 5 this year plus two for my wife.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to the states and the USSC, candidates do not have standing, voters do not have standing, State Political Parties do not have standing, now we are told states do not have standing when it comes to violations of Constitution when it comes to election law. Who exactly has standing.  If you think the same scumbags are going to protect the Second or First Amendments you are nuts.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You don't know any of that. Stop whining.
View Quote

KY AG, GA Reps, ID, IA, and many other not to mention over 100 Republicans in the House and every R in the US Senate either supported the steal or took a kneel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#47]

If you're gonna make stupid generalizations, at least make a good rant of it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Someone please help! I need laws to govern me so I can function as an adult!!111"
View Quote

More like, "take your boot off my neck or else."
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, some of us would have liked for the election cheating, government corruption, and pedophilia to have been resolved through peaceful, civil means.

Now it looks like the soap and ballot boxes have failed us, and many of us are going to have our lives turned upside down in the coming troubles.

And if you think your vote is ever going to mean anything in this country ever again, well, the path to get there leads through a lot of violence.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Invest in long range rifles, suppressors, and ammo.

You know why.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top