Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Who? Who does not want to wear the ribbon?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's okay, man. Everybody has different taste. Yours just sucks.
View Quote
It's not you, it's me. I don't like you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Loved the show, but had taken a break from watching it /reruns for several years.
I've been binging on Hulu and am into season 7. The amount of story they could get into a ~20 min span is just impressive.
I've been laughing out loud a lot more watching the show and it's fun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The first few seasons are a little boring to watch now.  I liked it a lot better after they jumped the shark, and started having really ridiculous plots.
View Quote

It’s interesting to watch the evolution of the show from the first couple of seasons.

I’m a little surprised it survived the beginning.

But they definitely dialed up Kramer and George and it worked.

It’s a lot like watching Homer Simpson in the early episodes versus the later version. He’s almost a different character.

Seinfeld is one of the few sitcoms where I can still watch them and be amused. King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond are also like that for me.

I can’t watch Cheers, Friends, Home Improvement or any of those anymore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I always liked that show.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same my parents always had it on.

Tried watching it numerous times.

Guess it's just a boomer thing that I don't understand.
View Quote

Interesting. My 22 and 18 year olds love it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried watching this show a few times. Could never get into it. I find Jerry Seinfeld to be unfunny and annoying in the show and his stand up routine is unfunny. In fact, I find the entire cast unfunny and the show annoying. I just never got the appeal.
View Quote

Always has to be someone...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never watched and proud of it.
View Quote

Proud of it? What an interesting thing to take pride in. Are you in therapy?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#11]
“We’re gonna have to let you go”

“But I don’t even work here”

“That what makes this so difficult”

Great episode
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tried watching this show a few times. Could never get into it. I find Jerry Seinfeld to be unfunny and annoying in the show and his stand up routine is unfunny. In fact, I find the entire cast unfunny and the show annoying. I just never got the appeal.
View Quote

Were you of adult age when it was in first run on NBC? A lot of the 1990's sitcoms make no sense to later adults coming of age. It was early days of the internet with no social media, Youtube and cell phone usage was just starting to come around and smart phones were not even a thing yet.

Jerry Seinfeld has been asked a few times on a reboot or remake and he has basically shut that down and has stated the show would not make it in today's market to younger audiences and target demographics for advertisers. He has stated that 90% of the character interactions back then would have been handled by a cell phone text message in today's world and would be less relatable.

It was mainly a Gen X relatable show.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bear in mind, I am in the smaller office.
View Quote

You're not Penske material.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the funniest bits they ever did.  Also a great example of an actor committed to a charecter/role:

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#15]
VANDALAY INDUSTRIES!! VANDALAY INDUSTRIES!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What comedy show did you like around this time?  
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I can say with 100% certainty and honesty that I have never seen even the smallest part of an episode of Seinfeld.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Were you of adult age when it was in first run on NBC? A lot of the 1990's sitcoms make no sense to later adults coming of age. It was early days of the internet with no social media, Youtube and cell phone usage was just starting to come around and smart phones were not even a thing yet.

Jerry Seinfeld has been asked a few times on a reboot or remake and he has basically shut that down and has stated the show would not make it in today's market to younger audiences and target demographics for advertisers. He has stated that 90% of the character interactions back then would have been handled by a cell phone text message in today's world and would be less relatable.

View Quote
Some of the "Modern Seinfeld" plots are pretty funny.
https://mobile.twitter.com/seinfeldtoday?lang=en

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Pimpin' ain't easy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Elaine ... How who wouldn't have hit it?

Seinfeld - Elaine Loses A Button
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Delores!

Loved the show. Still do in fact.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

And to think I wanted you to be my latex salesman leave NJ...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SERENITY NOW!!!
View Quote

Insanity later.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I didn't like it when it came out but now it's one of my favorite sitcoms. I'm 37.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
"People...they're the worst!"
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Jerry, it's Frank Castanza, Mr. Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Cartwright, Cartwright!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#32]
One of the best episodes.

Seinfeld and Friends - The Mohel
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Watch her in an unaltered Christmas Vacation
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I didn't like it when it came out but now it's one of my favorite sitcoms. I'm 37.
View Quote

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. Tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific.

There's nothing funny about that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I’m A fancy boy!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s funny you think I’m a millennial.

I’m Gen-X but was 12 when it first aired in 1989. I spent my youth outside so by the time 1998 rolled around when it was canceled I was 21 and enjoyed banging drunk chicks and partying. I caught it a few times in the mid to late 90s just before it was canceled and just didn’t get into it. Mainly because I spent so much time doing other things the entire time it was on. Like I said, I tried watching it after it was canceled and just found it annoying. Never liked Jerry Seinfeld and never found him funny
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Here! Here! Have a tic-tac!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#38]
And who doesn't love Joe Davola??

I left the Joe Davola message on my buddies answering machine some years back,and his wife was freaked out about it. How he married someone that wasn't a Seinfeld fan I'll never understand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just like 30 Rock you either got it or you didn't. Sadly you did not.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Phenomenal show.  Love it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bet you'd like Festivus, though.

It's a wonderful holiday.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same my parents always had it on.

Tried watching it numerous times.

Guess it's just a boomer thing that I don't understand.
View Quote
I'm 34 and practically every one of my friends my age loves Seinfeld
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s funny you think I’m a millennial.

I’m Gen-X but was 12 when it first aired in 1989. I spent my youth outside so by the time 1998 rolled around when it was canceled I was 21 and enjoyed banging drunk chicks and partying. I caught it a few times in the mid to late 90s just before it was canceled and just didn’t get into it. Mainly because I spent so much time doing other things the entire time it was on. Like I said, I tried watching it after it was canceled and just found it annoying. Never liked Jerry Seinfeld and never found him funny
View Quote

LoL
The ‘ole I was partying and banging chicks instead of ________.

You’re trying too hard. It’s a 30 minute TV show. It’s OK if you don’t like it. Life goes on.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Maybe she moved it up in the rotation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Feels like an Arby’s night…
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Bet you'd like Festivus, though.

It's a wonderful holiday.
View Quote

"I GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE"

Now on to the feats of strength.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Jimmy likes Elaine.
Jimmy wants to take Elaine out on a date.
Page / 5
Top Top