[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Is that Joan Wick?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now THAT is intriguing.  

What makes the scorpion is popular is price.  Nice to get into a PCC for $800.

They market this at $1500...it will be a dud.  Rule the market at $700-800.

It's DD so I'm guessing $1800-2000 which will make it useless
View Quote

Besides the absolute clowns with thefirearmblog, I turned the video off the second he said "direct blowback".

Maybe the scorpion mag lower will be worth something, but that upper is already garbage. How deaf do you need to be to release direct blowback in 2024?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Probably meh news for a lot of people, but Glock released a suppressor ready MOS cut 19x. Ameriglo suppressor sights, threaded barrel, and MOS cut for $819 MSRP. Davidson’s exclusive. I’ve already asked my local FFL to order me one.

Cheaper than getting a 19x MOS cut, adding sights, and a barrel.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/6A6A968F-33F6-42DA-A47C-F3A04C632497.jpeg
View Quote

Shadow Systems already offers the XR920 with a threaded barrel, their optics system doesn't require plates, and you can cowitness with standard height irons instead of getting tall ones that snag on everything.

This is probably cheaper than that 19X these days, too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably meh news for a lot of people, but Glock released a suppressor ready MOS cut 19x. Ameriglo suppressor sights, threaded barrel, and MOS cut for $819 MSRP. Davidson’s exclusive. I’ve already asked my local FFL to order me one.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/6A6A968F-33F6-42DA-A47C-F3A04C632497.jpeg
View Quote

Glock should have been offering threaded barrel versions of their pistols for a long time, rather than making their customers spend money replacing their OEM barrels with aftermarket threaded barrels (since you can rarely find OEM threaded barrels).

How hard would it have been to create a different SKU which shipped with a threaded barrel and suppressor-height sights?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Glock should have been offering threaded barrel versions of their pistols for a long time, rather than making their customers spend money replacing their OEM barrels with aftermarket threaded barrels (since you can rarely find OEM threaded barrels).

How hard would it have been to create a different SKU which shipped with a threaded barrel and suppressor-height sights?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the quickest thing they could throw together in time for SHOT after Gaston died.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone got eyes at the Scalarworks booth? They usually have interesting stuff at Shot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone please ask PTR why they won't nitride the barrels on the PTR91.

The lack of a nitrided barrel option is shameful.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All the lever guns coming out. Do the manufacturers think semi-autos will be banned?
View All Quotes

They are more cashing in on the Cowboy Wave launched by Yellowstone.

(this is the real Kevin Costners personal rifle he got from his dad when he was 12)

We would see Pump Action AR15's if they were preparing for a Ban.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are also a whole slew of states with new bans enacted or soon to be enacted or facing fights against new bans. Lever guns are almost universally ignored by the filthy marxists in governments right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they're just trying to cash in on the latest fad.  Lever guns are all over social media.

People are easily led by marketing.

There are also a whole slew of states with new bans enacted or soon to be enacted or facing fights against new bans. Lever guns are almost universally ignored by the filthy marxists in governments right now.

Bans and social media are only pieces of the pie.

We've seen an increase of lever actions in other media like movies and video games.

Remington went bankrupt and we stopped getting new production Marlins for about 2 years.

Henry's production completely dropped off when the covidocalypse hit, and I'm pretty sure my LGS went probably a year or longer without taking delivery of a single centerfire Henry rifle.

Run of the mill used 1894s and 336s are now $700 guns.

.30-30 ammo disappeared for a year or so and came back at nearly double its previous price elevating demand for lever actions in revolver cartridges.

A whole bunch of people have grown tired of ARs and lego pistols and are seeking out more fun and interesting guns... like 2011s, revolvers, bolt actions, and lever actions.

The lever action market is the one with the least capacity to meet that demand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kinda sorta the AK-521 made from parts “we have at home”.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Kalashnikov-Concern-AKV-521-13.png
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone please ask PTR why they won't nitride the barrels on the PTR91.

The lack of a nitrided barrel option is shameful.
View Quote

No one shoots them enough to matter
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not meh news for meh.    

This was one gun that I was hoping would appear this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WOW! a man's arm without tattoos!  Very nice!
View Quote

Well he is scrolledandtabbed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Can anyone at the show confirm the rumor that the CZ Scorpion 22lr only has 10rd mags and there are no plans for higher capacity mags? wtf
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock OEM threaded barrels are in stock at multiple distributors and have been easy to get for a while. I agree it would be nice to have pistols come with them but they are not hard to get or expensive.

I have had a factory threaded barrel for my 19 for nearly 10 years already. I even bought one for my model 21 even though I don't have a 45ACP can yet LOL!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Arfcom IG

IG link to the Holoson digital piston sight briefly demoed
View Quote

I thought you weren't supposed to point guns at people, even at shot.  

I mean Treat all guns as if they are always loaded and ,  Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy and all that.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Any word on the MKE HK33 imports?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can anyone at the show confirm the rumor that the CZ Scorpion 22lr only has 10rd mags and there are no plans for higher capacity mags? wtf
View Quote

Confirmed.

* the rep I spoke to said 10 rounders only so they can ship to mag capacity restricted states.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Neutered sub guns that have more recoil than a 6933 are really dumb
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neutered 9mm subguns that weigh as much as a 6933 are kinda dumb.

Neutered sub guns that have more recoil than a 6933 are really dumb

it's a shoulder fired 9mm

really?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
INNOVATION!

TLR7 with a rechargeable lithium battery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/1000023420_jpg-3104800.JPG

Seems odd to advertise as rechargeable but not have a way to charge the battery without removing it.

Yeah that’s dumb.

Not really, if your battery is dead or going dead, you need to put another battery in and the dead one on to charge. Adding a charging port is more crap to get dirty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not really, if your battery is dead or going dead, you need to put another battery in and the dead one on to charge. Adding a charging port is more crap to get dirty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
INNOVATION!

Seems odd to advertise as rechargeable but not have a way to charge the battery without removing it.

Yeah that’s dumb.

Not if it's magnetic, like the Olight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Haven't seen anyone mention Carcal. This CMP9 looks interesting.

https://i1.wp.com/silahreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Caracal-CMP9-Overview.jpg?resize=800%2C600&ssl=1
Bufferless, dual charging ala B&T SPC9 w/mp5 mags?
Available in 9"&5" barrels.
View Quote

They definitely chose the second most expensive factory SMG magazine on the planet. Silly them, should have gone with the AUG MP88 mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Man I wish someone made a weaponlight with an external magnetic charger......

https://au.olicdn.com/image/e355e09fca4d42cb807f26030382c876.jpg@600w_600h_90q.webp
View Quote

Lol I’m not buying a fucking olight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Look at these soldiers struggling to control the urge to quit LARP'ing until they get issued a Teutonic trashcan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knujayppmd4

View Quote

Look at all those guys who paid that money for an aluminum extrusion held together with more screws than a kel tec.

Same type of guys who get all hot and botherd by the scar, a cheaply made gun with the most inexpensive manufacturing process avaliable, yet is far more expensive than other options.

And it still uses the lamest, gayest, and laziest operating system. You own a tricked oit hi point my guy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

it's a shoulder fired 9mm

really?
View Quote

Yes, blowback 9mms often have more recoil than 5.56's.

Some, like the various b&t offerings have buffers that reduce the recoil, but most don't. The hydraulic buffer also doesn't help with suppression
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://au.olicdn.com/image/e355e09fca4d42cb807f26030382c876.jpg@600w_600h_90q.webp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
INNOVATION!

Holosun P.ID
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Look at all those guys who paid that money for an aluminum extrusion held together with more screws than a kel tec.

Same type of guys who get all hot and botherd by the scar, a cheaply made gun with the most inexpensive manufacturing process avaliable, yet is far more expensive than other options.

And it still uses the lamest, gayest, and laziest operating system. You own a tricked oit hi point my guy.
Soldiers firing their issued submachineguns. I wish uncle sugar would buy me one so I wouldn't have to slum it with the semi only clone of an obsolete Teutonic trash can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at these soldiers struggling to control the urge to quit LARP'ing until they get issued a Teutonic trashcan

Soldiers firing their issued submachineguns. I wish uncle sugar would buy me one so I wouldn't have to slum it with the semi only clone of an obsolete Teutonic trash can.

FIFY - The MP5 has always sucked, it just sucked with a closed bolt unlike every other SMG of its era. Just because they're cheap now doesn't make them suck any less.

Quoted:

Yes, blowback 9mms often have more recoil than 5.56's.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FIFY - The MP5 has always sucked, it just sucked with a closed bolt unlike every other SMG of its era. Just because they're cheap now doesn't make them suck any less.

View Quote

I've shot quite a few SMG's, and plenty of PCC's. The mp5 is the king.

Just because you feel the need to defend your choice, doesn't mean you're right. Enjoy your aluminum shelving
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#29]

It's true. Anyone  who tries to debate this clearly has little to no experience with PCC's
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's true. Anyone  who tries to debate this clearly has little to no experience with PCC's
View Quote

I’m not debating the new design PCCs in this thread but I will jump into this shit show to second the fact that blowback 9mm ARs exhibit more recoil than a 5.56 AR. I agree that anyone suggesting otherwise clearly has no experience using them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]
With day 1 closing, I have to say there was some really cool stuff.  Alot of thermal / NV optics. I was surprised on how the holosun thermal was meh and the sightron was surprisingly really good.  I havent checked out the sig one yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've shot quite a few SMG's, and plenty of PCC's. The mp5 is the king.

Just because you feel the need to defend your choice, doesn't mean you're right. Enjoy your aluminum shelving
View Quote

You keep manstruating over the US Army's first new SMG since the grease gun claiming it's inferior to the MP5 due to your perception of recoil.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they're just trying to cash in on the latest fad.  Lever guns are all over social media.

Yeti Cups and Stanley Cups say “WHHHHHAAAAAAA?”
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's true. Anyone  who tries to debate this clearly has little to no experience with PCC's Firearm Pronouns
View Quote

FIFY -
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Kalashnikov-Concern-AKV-521-13.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X5.7
.308 Jakl
VUK

I couldn't really tell from the pic, what is the Vuk a copy of?

Some sort of Russian “modern ak”

seriously

what is that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I run drills and haven't found that to be the case.

I prefer B&T because the ergos are better, and while technically direct blowback, the carrier is slowed by a hydraulic plunger, feels pretty close in recoil to an mp5. It's also a high quality milled gun and not a tac welded piece of sheet metal.

I guarantee you it doesn't. The buffer on your aluminum  shelf gun is a bandaid. You paid all that money for a half assed modernized tec 9 that still isn't as pleasant to shoot as a gun from the 60's.

I love everything B&T produces, I just cannot afford anything except their MP5 stocks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#37]

$2650 is a fair price for a .223 semi auto rifle? Are you nuts? That’s Boutique money for people that breathe thru their mouths and buy pretty guns because they don’t know any better.

At least they aren’t trying to insult us by saying it’s for high end video gamers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

$2650 is a fair price for a .223 semi auto rifle? Are you nuts? That’s Boutique money for people that breathe thru their mouths and buy pretty guns because they don’t know any better.

At least they aren’t trying to insult us by saying it’s for high end video gamers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

MSRP is $2500 and street price is already in the $2200 at dealers. For a .308 modular rifle, $2200 is definitely a fair price in 2024.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You keep manstruating over the US Army's first new SMG since the grease gun claiming it's inferior to the MP5 due to your perception of recoil.

https://y.yarn.co/e0dcb60c-b4d9-438a-8476-da755777b6c0_text.gif

View Quote

The army isn't going to be issuing out SMG's. They are procuring them, but they have other, far better options for actual use
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would anyone buy an OEM Glock threaded barrel when you can get a SilencerCo that has quieter lock timing?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#41]
PSA just uploaded a sabre pistol video on facebook. Was not expecting sabre pistols.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

seriously

what is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X5.7
.308 Jakl
VUK

I couldn't really tell from the pic, what is the Vuk a copy of?

Some sort of Russian “modern ak”

seriously

what is that?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/09/14/kalashnikov-concern-akv-521/

An AK designed in 2 halves like an AR, specifically to get around the Russian prohibition on civilians owning a max of 5 firearms. This allows (like an AR) an owner to purchase multiple uppers and still only count as 1 firearm (the lower).
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s an interchangeable system. You can shoot 5.56, or switch Magwell, barrel, and bolt and shoot .308. The alternate caliber parts kits are under $600 on PWS website.
https://www.primaryweapons.com/uxr-conversion-kit-7-62x39-16-barrel/

I agree it’s an uglier XCR (but obviously with a different operating system and the ability to shoot .308 from the same rifle as 5.56 with the aforementioned change).
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Any news on the g41 clone from zenith i think? Maybe it was PTR
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]
So far nothing is blowing me away.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know, right?

When these ‘monolithic’ (lol) extruded aluminum uppers came out during the SCAR/ACR craze and people were all like “They better not price it higher than $2600, cuz if so I won’t buy it!”, I tried to explain then that there was no fucking reason in the world short of profiteering that a modern rifle had to cost so much. If I were the CEO of a firearms company and my engineering team were designing a new platform and said in a meeting that they couldn’t find any way to make it cheaper than an M16/AR15, I would have fired them on the spot. Aluminum extrusions are an incredibly cost effective way to make a gun. Meloniting is much cheaper and better than phosphate and chrome… I could go on and on-suffice to say that modern manufacturing processes produce a significantly cheaper product to make and with a better end product to boot.

I never understood why the gun community simps soo bad to the gun companies that fuck them over. Look at what PSA is saying and doing-don’t take my word for it, look at what their CEO says about the profit-taking going on at their competitors…
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I love everything B&T produces, I just cannot afford anything except their MP5 stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I run drills and haven't found that to be the case.

I prefer B&T because the ergos are better, and while technically direct blowback, the carrier is slowed by a hydraulic plunger, feels pretty close in recoil to an mp5. It's also a high quality milled gun and not a tac welded piece of sheet metal.

I guarantee you it doesn't. The buffer on your aluminum  shelf gun is a bandaid. You paid all that money for a half assed modernized tec 9 that still isn't as pleasant to shoot as a gun from the 60's.

Same - They need to make steel 10mm mags like their .45 ACP

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The army isn't going to be issuing out SMG's. They are procuring them, but they have other, far better options for actual use
View Quote

I would love to see a grease gun in comparison
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here is what they posted on their forum:
Vuk

The ‘better’ modern AK type firearm based around the JAKL Platform. Inspired by the AKV 521
   Modernized and improved AK style ergonomics and aesthetics
   Will be Available in 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 9x39MM, and 12 Gauge
   Interchange able barrels and hand guards

They have  AK's that are in 5.56, so the magazines should be the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Between the Vuk and the Krinks I might need to work a little overtime

I wonder if they will have a 5.56 Vuk and if it will use the various 5.56 AK mags out there

Here is what they posted on their forum:
Vuk

The ‘better’ modern AK type firearm based around the JAKL Platform. Inspired by the AKV 521
   Modernized and improved AK style ergonomics and aesthetics
   Will be Available in 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 9x39MM, and 12 Gauge
   Interchange able barrels and hand guards

They have  AK's that are in 5.56, so the magazines should be the same.

I have an Arsenal SAM-5 and a pile of 5.56 AK mags...........may very well have to get one of these
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

MSRP is $2500 and street price is already in the $2200 at dealers. For a .308 modular rifle, $2200 is definitely a fair price in 2024.
View Quote

Any other product in any other market sold at these volumes would be 1/3 that price.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top