Quoted:

And their 18650's have micro usb ports.

Much better than magnetic charging.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

surefire has been selling rechargeable CR123s for a while.

And their 18650's have micro usb ports.

Much better than magnetic charging.

Why?

Not being shitty. Actually curious.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why?

View Quote

Magnetic charging is very inefficient, and if say the light is dead, it's better to be able to quickly change batteries and have the light be at 100% power, vs needing to give it time to charge
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Magnetic charging is very inefficient, and if say the light is dead, it's better to be able to quickly change batteries and have the light be at 100% power, vs needing to give it time to charge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I don’t know if you’re right or wrong, but that answer kinda sucks..
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

We get it, you hate everything.

I’m personally very excited about the DD H9.  I’m a fan of what they produce generally.  I imagine the H9 will be a quality gun.  Mine should be in hand by Friday.  I have a feeling this will be a big seller for them!

So far that’s the only gun that made me pull out my wallet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don’t know if you’re right or wrong, but that answer kinda sucks..
View Quote

A direct wired connection is much faster than using magnets

https://www.popsci.com/diy/wired-vs-wireless-charging/
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A milled aluminum mono receiver is cheaper to produce than stamped sheet metal?

I guess the third world countries around the world with stamped sheet metal AKs  picked them because they were superior to milling.

you are entertaining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats great, you still own a direct blowback made from the cheapest firearms manufacturing process known to man, and how much did you pay for it? What mags are you using? Glock mags or shitty tec 9 magazines

A milled aluminum mono receiver is cheaper to produce than stamped sheet metal?

I guess the third world countries around the world with stamped sheet metal AKs  picked them because they were superior to milling.

you are entertaining.

This. My  APC9K has been superlative.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A direct wired connection is much faster than using magnets

https://www.popsci.com/diy/wired-vs-wireless-charging/
View Quote

I won't argue that magnetic charging is less efficient at transferring electrons, but, imo, its way more efficient at keeping my light topped off.  Seems like they could have taken a "why not both" approach. Swappable batteries and a magnetic charger, then we all win.

ETA: sorry, I guess maybe that sliding a bit too.  More SHOT info please!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]

??
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anyone at the show confirm the rumor that the CZ Scorpion 22lr only has 10rd mags and there are no plans for higher capacity mags? wtf
View Quote
I am asking the same questions to CZ management, hoping for a response soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I won't argue that magnetic charging is less efficient at transferring electrons, but, imo, its way more efficient at keeping my light topped off.  Seems like they could have taken a "why not both" approach. Swappable batteries and a magnetic charger, then we all win.

ETA: sorry, I guess maybe that sliding a bit too.  More SHOT info please!
View Quote

They've done "why not both" before, the Stinger 2020 charges in the normal Stinger charger and has 2 batteries with micro usb in a carrier.

Now everyone needs to mount a Stinger charger in a place you can hang your pistol and charge it every night

BTW, Stinger 2020 is hot trash. Drove over it once and it's done. LED HL non-DS is still king.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#13]
What page is the cz .22 scorpion on? I skimmed but didn't see it
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Any BRN180 Gen 3 info at Shot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Strike Industries new Glock FCU and chassis.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Confirmation that the PSA X5.7 is NOT a chassis for the Rock 5.7 and is a complete contained gun, with many parts based on the Rock 5.7. Also "were working on getting a binary trigger out there" so maybe they are getting into the binary game 1st hand or working with a 3rd party, either way thats a good sign.

PSA MP7 at Home, Krink, Vuk, & MORE at Shot Show 2024

it looks a lot better on video / in person than the photos they posted. Still think the look of the grip needs to change but overall I am sold
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'd say 3rd is Cloud.... they completely redid their switches due to customer demand.

Might not have "released" anything new but they typically haven't done any drop at Shot in the past.
View Quote

Now if they could just get their lights to stop flickering, maybe they would be a competitive again. Until then, I wouldn't waste money on their lights. I used to have a Rein 3.0 and multiple MCHs, but they all flicker now and have been back to Cloud with no resolution.

Check out the Cloud Facebook pages. Lots of people having flickering issues that they can't fix.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Confirmation that the PSA X5.7 is NOT a chassis for the Rock 5.7 and is a complete contained gun, with many parts based on the Rock 5.7. Also "were working on getting a binary trigger out there" so maybe they are getting into the binary game 1st hand or working with a 3rd party, either way thats a good sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_W4YAEFKs

it looks a lot better on video / in person than the photos they posted. Still think the look of the grip needs to change but overall I am sold
View Quote

Hopefully if they design a binary from the ground up, it will incorporate some provision for preventing hammer follow when you outrun the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Strike Industries new Glock FCU and chassis.

https://i.ibb.co/89x3y4B/IMG-0175.jpg
View Quote

Well this peaked my interest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meh...PSA Dagger is cheaper, has a better grip, and works the same.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably meh news for a lot of people, but Glock released a suppressor ready MOS cut 19x. Ameriglo suppressor sights, threaded barrel, and MOS cut for $819 MSRP. Davidson’s exclusive. I’ve already asked my local FFL to order me one.

Cheaper than getting a 19x MOS cut, adding sights, and a barrel.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/6A6A968F-33F6-42DA-A47C-F3A04C632497.jpeg

My ambidextrous slide release begs to differ.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes, blowback 9mms often have more recoil than 5.56's.

Some, like the various b&t offerings have buffers that reduce the recoil, but most don't. The hydraulic buffer also doesn't help with suppression
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's a shoulder fired 9mm

really?

Yes, blowback 9mms often have more recoil than 5.56's.

Some, like the various b&t offerings have buffers that reduce the recoil, but most don't. The hydraulic buffer also doesn't help with suppression

556 recoil?  lol,  manly much?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/09/14/kalashnikov-concern-akv-521/

An AK designed in 2 halves like an AR, specifically to get around the Russian prohibition on civilians owning a max of 5 firearms. This allows (like an AR) an owner to purchase multiple uppers and still only count as 1 firearm (the lower).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X5.7
.308 Jakl
VUK

I couldn't really tell from the pic, what is the Vuk a copy of?

Some sort of Russian “modern ak”

Kinda sorta the AK-521 made from parts “we have at home”.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Kalashnikov-Concern-AKV-521-13.png

seriously

what is that?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/09/14/kalashnikov-concern-akv-521/

An AK designed in 2 halves like an AR, specifically to get around the Russian prohibition on civilians owning a max of 5 firearms. This allows (like an AR) an owner to purchase multiple uppers and still only count as 1 firearm (the lower).

really cool
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Yousonofabitchimin
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:05:51 AM EDT
[#28]

TL;DW:

Aero Precision and Stag are under the same umbrella, and they're introducing new lever actions under both brands.

Aero gets the tacticool version seen in the thumbnail.

Stag gets a more traditional version with laminate furniture.

The design is compatible with some 1895 parts, it will be in .30-30 and .45-70, and it should be out in late 2024 or early 2025.

No pricing is discussed other than it'll be competitive with the market.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

$2650 is a fair price for a .223 semi auto rifle? Are you nuts? That’s Boutique money for people that breathe thru their mouths and buy pretty guns because they don’t know any better.

At least they aren’t trying to insult us by saying it’s for high end video gamers.
View Quote

I’m sure street price will be lower. I’m at the point in my collection where I value quality over quantity, so most of my purchases are high end guns these days. So $2500 doesn’t seem that unreasonable for a system that can swap calibers so easily at $500 a kit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I thought you weren't supposed to point guns at people, even at shot.  

I mean Treat all guns as if they are always loaded and ,  Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy and all that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom IG

IG link to the Holoson digital piston sight briefly demoed

I thought you weren't supposed to point guns at people, even at shot.  

I mean Treat all guns as if they are always loaded and ,  Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy and all that.

it is basically impossible to point a gun in any "usable" direction without muzzling someone at SHOT.  its just the nature to the beast.  Unless you are pointing straight up or down, someone is gonna be downrange at some point.  that is why the controls at SHOT are so strict.  every firearm is inspected to make sure that the firing pin is either removed or modified so that it can't fire a round.  No live ammo is permitted on the expo floor.  all ammo is demiled with either holes drilled in the brass or no primers.

that is one reason why they ban CCW at SHOT.  "but what about my second amendment?"  "OMG, SHOT is anti-gun!"

It usually takes me about 30 minutes to stop flinching at SHOT when I'm looking down the muzzle of a firearm pointed in my direction.  but eventually you just stop noticing it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Any links to it? I've found the coverage to be a little more  difficult to find thus far.  More links to cool stuff, please (even if they are videos).  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With day 1 closing, I have to say there was some really cool stuff.  Alot of thermal / NV optics. I was surprised on how the holosun thermal was meh and the sightron was surprisingly really good.  I havent checked out the sig one yet.

Any links to it? I've found the coverage to be a little more  difficult to find thus far.  More links to cool stuff, please (even if they are videos).  Thanks!

+1, also interested in more info on thermal/NV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What’s everyone think of the new PSA firearms they are rolling out with?

https://youtu.be/3yHvixS4Q4w?feature=shared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yHvixS4Q4w
View Quote

I voted for

1. 10mm Dagger
2. .22lr Dagger
3. Jakl

Looks like they are trying to take over everything with a lot of affordable solid stuff. That's awesome. I just want them to make new production Garands.

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I see people saying holoson but did I miss something there?  

I checked out their 1 optic that does thermal and of few I found, only 1 battery worked.  The green outline was neat but just flooded everything.  

The night vision version was better.  Didn't seem to wash everything out.  But again, the sightmark thermal seemed alot better.

I will say though, their handgun thermal was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Got a link? Hate their current pressure pad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say 3rd is Cloud.... they completely redid their switches due to customer demand.

Might not have "released" anything new but they typically haven't done any drop at Shot in the past.

Got a link? Hate their current pressure pad

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2drnsDx2hi/?igsh=MTk2NmpwMXZkcmJncQ==
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#36]

This is a neat project, but I was really hoping Nodak would be re-releasing 10/22 stuff at shot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have an Arsenal SAM-5 and a pile of 5.56 AK mags...........may very well have to get one of these
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Between the Vuk and the Krinks I might need to work a little overtime

I wonder if they will have a 5.56 Vuk and if it will use the various 5.56 AK mags out there

Here is what they posted on their forum:
Vuk

The ‘better’ modern AK type firearm based around the JAKL Platform. Inspired by the AKV 521
   Modernized and improved AK style ergonomics and aesthetics
   Will be Available in 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 9x39MM, and 12 Gauge
   Interchange able barrels and hand guards

They have  AK's that are in 5.56, so the magazines should be the same.

I have an Arsenal SAM-5 and a pile of 5.56 AK mags...........may very well have to get one of these

5.45 and 9x39?!?!  Wonder if AAC ammo is planning some new product offerings to match?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I hate to even ask, but anything new from HK? Someone was hinting at something over on HKPro not too long ago. Long shot, I know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#39]
SHOT Show 2024 - Stealth Arms - The Platypus has evolved!

Stealth Arms have added a bunch of new options for the Platypus configurator, including bull barrels, micropocket grip texture, flared slides for RMR footprint optics, and additional chamberings in .45 ACP and .357 Sig
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#40]
The 22LR CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Finally Makes Its Way to the USA!
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#41]
SHOT Show 2024: Tommybuilt Tactical T7 (MP7) Exclusive Interview
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
that is one reason why they ban CCW at SHOT.  "but what about my second amendment?"  "OMG, SHOT is anti-gun!"
View Quote

The show that's part of the NRA annual meeting manages to allow CCW without anyone getting shot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Been posted a few times.  300bo/556, ar mags, rotating bolt with no external hammer or bolt travel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/1000023364_jpg-3105255.JPG

@MidwestJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT CALIBER!!??????
@SiVisPacem
@Seven-Shooter

Post a link!  I don't Insta

Been posted a few times.  300bo/556, ar mags, rotating bolt with no external hammer or bolt travel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/1000023364_jpg-3105255.JPG

@MidwestJ
Since the Fightlite Herring-2024 is still vaporware, this is looking interesting as a fun suppressor host. My interest will heavily depend on weight and price.

Interestingly, Henry contacted Othias from C&Rsenal to discuss some issues they were having, and the historical design fixes from those issues. He was able to pinpoint the cause, and a slight change fixed their issue. Kind of neat to see a company looking to how people in the past solved problems and actually getting some use from that info.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I hate to even ask, but anything new from HK? Someone was hinting at something over on HKPro not too long ago. Long shot, I know.
View Quote

+1 I was hoping to see something from them.  They’ve been clearancing SL8 rifles off and on the last 3-4 months so I was wondering if they had something new to take their spot in the market.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I'll add that one result of the inefficiency is a ton of waste heat during charging, which kills battery longevity
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_W4YAEFKs

View Quote
is it direct blowback like most 5.7 PDWs, or is it delayed blowback like most 5.7 pistols?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

+1 I was hoping to see something from them.  They've been clearancing SL8 rifles off and on the last 3-4 months so I was wondering if they had something new to take their spot in the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 I was hoping to see something from them.  They've been clearancing SL8 rifles off and on the last 3-4 months so I was wondering if they had something new to take their spot in the market.
didn't a version of the G36 recently get approved for civilian export by the German government? I figured that'd be showing up soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Well that's a sore dick!

I am happy I waited
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:36:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I may have missed it, but has anyone mentioned the Sabre daggers yet?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top