Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a time not that long ago that pain meds like those mentioned here were only given to patients with terminal cancer. Now, everybody has "severe pain" and is zombified on opiates and the "pain clinics" and drug companies have legitimized drugging half the country and are making a fortune.

By the way, before everyone jumps in about how they have real pain, no other country in the rest of the world is even close to the US nowadays in opiate use. Not even close.
View Quote
truth.

Telling new patients i don't write chronic narcs saves me lots of headaches.

Unfortunately there's lots of pill mill "clinics" that help make new addicts...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not even close. The reason is the .Fed's boner for "fighting opiod" abuse by regulating the shit out of the industry. More and more people will see the backfire to this. People like the OP, who can't afford that 100 buck increase because they can't afford the Obamacare bs, will turn to the cheaper alternative of Heroin. Then that will spiral out of control, and people die and the cycle continues.

If you think for one second that the people who go to actual pain clinics, where the doctor specializes in treating chronic pain just show up, get a bottle of pills and walks out with a grin you are crazy. The do pill counts, drug tests, alternative therapy and won't take patients who ASK for drugs by name plus a ton of other stuff. If you think you can go in, and say "well doc I think I need 4mg Dilaudid 5 times a day" and the doc says Ya buddy sounds right here ya go, well then you are insane.
View Quote
Actually, a pain doc local to my store was just arrested for this.  It happens, and some years back in the heyday of pain clinics in Florida, it was pretty common.  There are still clinics that only take cash and skirt the pain contract rules.  You would be suprised at some of the scripts I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And there are Arfcommers who can one-up you ten times over.  I don't see them taking shots at the OP.
View Quote
I guess you missed the point of that there are folks out there who actually require live saving meds they can't afford and op is crying about his comfort meds. He/she will not die with out it. But hey I am the bad guy for pointing out the fact that his heroin is cheaper than something that actually saves lives.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bet he's never priced cancer treatment.
"Hurrrrr it's live saving to me so it should be cheap"
View Quote
where did I say my meds should be cheap ? Doesn't change the fact that the OP is crying about his comfort meds while folks die every day because they can't afford life saving meds. hurr my heroin should be cheap.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys need to learn some corporate psychology. Sam's will raise the price from $119 to $199 and reap in profits galore. If the people don't complain they keep it the same. If the people complain, Sam's will fart around like it will take time to do a study all while reaping in the profit. Then they will decide to lower the price to $145.

Sam's is still getting a $26 increase while the people jump for joy celebrating a victory getting Sam's to cave in. $145 is probably still the high end of the average range.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol what a fucking snowflake. People with allergies tend to be so melodramatic. Go buy a vial of epi and carry a syringe if it chaps your ass so much.
View Quote
find me a Dr. who will write a prescription for a vial and syringe of epi...... I will wait......Melodramatic ? Give me a fucking break.... OP is crying about his comfort meds and you are calling me a fucking snowflake for pointing out actual life saving meds. are more expensive than comfort meds. Lets see you or one of your kids get a life endangering allergy and see how "melodramatic" you get. Yes I could have used cancer drugs or some other live saving med as an example but this is the one that I deal with sorry you got butthurt over life saving meds being more expensive than comfort meds.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess you missed the point of that there are folks out there who actually require live saving meds they can't afford and op is crying about his comfort meds. He/she will not die with out it. But hey I am the bad guy for pointing out the fact that his heroin is cheaper than something that actually saves lives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And there are Arfcommers who can one-up you ten times over.  I don't see them taking shots at the OP.
And I probably spend more on my daughter's medications than you spend on yours.  And they are, indeed, life saving medications.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And I probably spend more on my daughter's medications than you spend on yours.  And they are, indeed, life saving medications.
View Quote
So I am supposed to feel bad for OP and his heroin price increase because your daughters meds cost more than you think mine cost ? Glad to hear you are suddenly the expert on what my prescriptions cost and what is required to keep me alive. I must have missed the thread I started about how much my comfort meds cost me and how everyone is screwing me to keep me comfortable and in an affordable heroin script. Atleast OP can seek his meds out on the street. Good luck finding actual life saving meds from your friendly street dealer. Hell lets increase prices 100X if it decreases the prices of life saving drugs. Comfort vs Alive is a very real price point. Snowflake signing off and out of this retarded thread I should have never spoken truth into.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually, a pain doc local to my store was just arrested for this.  It happens, and some years back in the heyday of pain clinics in Florida, it was pretty common.  There are still clinics that only take cash and skirt the pain contract rules.  You would be suprised at some of the scripts I've seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close. The reason is the .Fed's boner for "fighting opiod" abuse by regulating the shit out of the industry. More and more people will see the backfire to this. People like the OP, who can't afford that 100 buck increase because they can't afford the Obamacare bs, will turn to the cheaper alternative of Heroin. Then that will spiral out of control, and people die and the cycle continues.

If you think for one second that the people who go to actual pain clinics, where the doctor specializes in treating chronic pain just show up, get a bottle of pills and walks out with a grin you are crazy. The do pill counts, drug tests, alternative therapy and won't take patients who ASK for drugs by name plus a ton of other stuff. If you think you can go in, and say "well doc I think I need 4mg Dilaudid 5 times a day" and the doc says Ya buddy sounds right here ya go, well then you are insane.
Yeah, that Dr was 83..jeez
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I am supposed to feel bad for OP and his heroin price increase because your daughters meds cost more than you think mine cost ? Glad to hear you are suddenly the expert on what my prescriptions cost and what is required to keep me alive. I must have missed the thread I started about how much my comfort meds cost me and how everyone is screwing me to keep me comfortable and in an affordable heroin script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I am supposed to feel bad for OP and his heroin price increase because your daughters meds cost more than you think mine cost ? Glad to hear you are suddenly the expert on what my prescriptions cost and what is required to keep me alive. I must have missed the thread I started about how much my comfort meds cost me and how everyone is screwing me to keep me comfortable and in an affordable heroin script.
Look, doc, you were the one who brought it up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look, doc, you were the one who brought it up.
View Quote
This snowflake is still trying to figure out how he is the bad guy for pointing out OP is crying about comfort meds while folks die every day because they can't afford life saving meds.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There was a time not that long ago that pain meds like those mentioned here were only given to patients with terminal cancer. Now, everybody has "severe pain" and is zombified on opiates and the "pain clinics" and drug companies have legitimized drugging half the country and are making a fortune.

By the way, before everyone jumps in about how they have real pain, no other country in the rest of the world is even close to the US nowadays in opiate use. Not even close.
View Quote
You are a clueless know it all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
find me a Dr. who will write a prescription for a vial and syringe of epi...... I will wait......Melodramatic ? Give me a fucking break.... OP is crying about his comfort meds and you are calling me a fucking snowflake for pointing out actual life saving meds. are more expensive than comfort meds. Lets see you or one of your kids get a life endangering allergy and see how "melodramatic" you get. Yes I could have used cancer drugs or some other live saving med as an example but this is the one that I deal with sorry you got butthurt over life saving meds being more expensive than comfort meds.
View Quote
Have you asked your doctor for such a prescription?

If you haven't asked, then I can only conclude that you don't actually care that much.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So I am supposed to feel bad for OP and his heroin price increase because your daughters meds cost more than you think mine cost ? Glad to hear you are suddenly the expert on what my prescriptions cost and what is required to keep me alive. I must have missed the thread I started about how much my comfort meds cost me and how everyone is screwing me to keep me comfortable and in an affordable heroin script. Atleast OP can seek his meds out on the street. Good luck finding actual life saving meds from your friendly street dealer. Hell lets increase prices 100X if it decreases the prices of life saving drugs. Comfort vs Alive is a very real price point. Snowflake signing off and out of this retarded thread I should have never spoken truth into.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An expert on your prescription costs?  No.  I can only go off of the numbers you gave us, and maybe go one step further and correlate that to the number of times the average American gets stung by a bee.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This snowflake is still trying to figure out how he is the bad guy for pointing out OP is crying about comfort meds while folks die every day because they can't afford life saving meds.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm sure having an allergy to something that might happen or happens infrequently is way worse than 24/7 debilitating pain.

You jumped in this thread and called him a heroin addict and mentioned "comfort meds" no less than 4 times.  I don't know op or his situation.  He could be a stage 4 cancer patient for all you or I know.

Man your post was very low class.  

By the way I don't envy having to keep a needle of shit on me 24/7.  So I do empathize.  But you just plain come across wrong man.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you OP's treating physician? If so, you are writing a lot of morphine sulfate for "comfort"... If you aren't OP's treating physician, who are you to determine the scope of "lifesaving"? You have made some pretty harsh remarks without any provocation. It's not like the OP said "If you were unable to afford your epi pen, you could simply be more careful while wandering around looking for whatsherface's mood ring or be extra careful not to stand on a bee hive while licking windows" or otherwise trivialized the immense burden of allergies. A little less judgement and a little more understanding might be good medicine for all of us...

While I personally reserve judgement and acknowledge everyone's situation is different, I feel like I could substantially mitigate or eliminate my risk of bee stings by making some relatively easy lifestyle adjustments were I forced to live 30 days without an epi pen. Granted, we all live under the constant terror of swarms of bees just flying around, waiting for their moment to rape us in the face and exacerbate or allergies, I think even the "most rapey" bees could be thwarted by staying indoors. I'm less certain the OP could survive the agony of whatever condition necessitates them taking a daily quantity of oral morphine in addition to the dangerously high blood pressure caused by untreated pain, coupled with opioid withdrawal were they forced to be without their medication for 30 days.

It would seem that your medication has much more to do with "comfort" than OP's, Thomas...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
"The rest of the world"

The rest of the world has banned guns and has much lower gun crime rate. Should we ban those too to be like the rest of the world?

The rest of the world has socialized healthcare. Should we have socialized healthcare?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good thing we have a great doctor like yourself here to tell us who should and shouldn't be using certain medications.
View Quote
Lots of tyrants on here who want to control other people

They use the same emotional "logic" as the left

Dictating who and who not should get pain meds or want people in real pain to suffer because of druggies

Opiates are a miracle drug for pain and we have idiots in here who want to ban them all and let people suffer

How about we just ban NARCAN and let the druggie addicts die off?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quit whinning like a little bitch.  I'm allergic to bees and wasps, carry an epipen and have chronic pain.

Don't see me throwing a tantrum like a fucking two year old because of it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Feds probably have mandated no discounts on opiates.
View Quote
Spot on, DEA and state agencies are cracking down on pain med abuse and see discount cards are promoting abuse.  We've been told by our district supervisor/corporate not to take any discount cards on any controls (schedules 2,3,4, and 5) and the DEA and Missouri BNDD have put out notices any coupon card that says the name of a controlled substance to discount is to be treated as invalid.  Manufacturer coupon/vouchers are ok but those are few and far between for narcotics/controlled substances.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey mr. heroin/morphine addict OP. Wanna try something fun on for size ? An epipen will cost me $300 on average with a coupon and if I can find a place that has the adrenaclick then I might get it for $120 with my insurance. You might get uncomfortable and even cry with out your dope. You know what happens if I don't have my epinephrine and end up stung by a bee ? I fucking die. Please go cry some where else.
View Quote
Degree of scale.
We're in the same boat and I abhor the cost of that life saving drug.
Unlike you I wouldn't throw you overboard.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#23]
A problem is that we as Americans have a skewed idea of what acceptable pain is.

Pain happens.  My knees and back hurt.  Sometimes it's pretty bad.  I could easily go to a doctor and get on Norco.  When Norco stops working, I could get on stronger stuff.  Eventually I could get on MS Contin.

It's easy to justify, because I didn't buy heroin behind a dumpster.  A man who went to medical school told me to take a prescription drug.  So it's totally different.  Except it's not.

There are people who need pain medicine.  Most people taking pain medicine today should never have been given pain medicine in the first place.

For an interesting story, I had a guy in the hospital not long ago who was a typical "muh back" pain medicine addict.  He had a pot belly and chronic back pain, and instead of losing weight and strengthening his back muscles, he just takes pain medicine.  Anyway, he got pancreatitis.  For those who don't know, pancreatitis hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER.  It's bad.  Real bad.  

This guy writhed in his hospital bed for a week because no pain medicines would help.  He was getting 12 mg of hydromorphone IV a day, in addition to a fentanyl patch.  IV hydromorphone is 20 times as potent as oral morphine  It did almost nothing for him, while a dose like that would kill me.

I truly hope you "pain meds every day" guys never get sick with something that causes acute pain.  It's going to be tough for you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would have been much happier thinking he was someone's troll account.  I take no joy in seeing someone wrestling with stuff like this.
View Quote
I'm still betting troll account.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe the price went up because reimbursement rates for Medicare and Medicaid suck ass.

Welcome to Obamacare.

Why do you hate capitalism?

Why do you hate freedom?

Go be addicted somewhere else.

Go be poor somewhere else.

That about sums it up
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Then you should move your provider to Walgreens.

I spent 4 months taking pain meds and said fuck that, I take advil these days, I am finally back to being able to poop again!

Sorry buddy, no sympathy from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol? What are you, a comedian? I've been on long-term opioids for my knees. I know a little about this stuff.

And did you see the chart posted above?

The highest price was Walgreens at $122.

$199 is thievery.
Then you should move your provider to Walgreens.

I spent 4 months taking pain meds and said fuck that, I take advil these days, I am finally back to being able to poop again!

Sorry buddy, no sympathy from me.
My provider is Walgreens, numbskull. Try reading before babbling.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And nobody is going to give him that many IR pills for fear of feeding the black market. ER tabs are hard to abuse.  Junkies want IR tabs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TheRealGhurkaDin, look into immediate release (IM) tablets of a lower dose. You will have to take them more often, but they are usually significantly cheaper than extended release.

I was shopping around for oxycodone and the ER tabs (oxycontin) were 10 times more expensive.
And nobody is going to give him that many IR pills for fear of feeding the black market. ER tabs are hard to abuse.  Junkies want IR tabs.
Some doctors require quarterly blood tests to check if the patient is actually taking the medication.

I don't know how much he is taking, but if it is 180 mg a day, that is more than a lot of doctors will write. Some pain specialists may still write that much, I don't know.

I've been taking IM tablets for several years. Never had any problems with the "black market," but I try to take 50 mg. max a day, even though it barely takes the edge off the pain.

I'd love to take NSAIDs, but not only are they ineffective, I'm specifically not allowed to take them. So it's opioids or nothing.

And I would love to have knee replacement, but in my case it is extremely risky, so most docs tell me to suck it up and try to get by on pain meds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Snort.  You clearly do not understand basic English.  No one was forced to buy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on my own experience, I think the $119 was about right. The $199 price is just thievery.
Snort.  You clearly do not understand basic English.  No one was forced to buy.  
No one said that when CTD gorged people on ammo. They said CTD were assholes, not "no one was forced." Maybe some people said it, but they were quickly shouted down for being assholes too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Holy shit.  How much are the pills you take for the paranoia?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my experience.

I started on norco, but that didn't cut it so I went to a pain specialist and he gave me oxycodone.

I got my oxycodone from costco for 2 months and then the price doubled. I didn't care, I had insurance. Two months later they told me they no longer carry oxycodone.

So I went to CVS. Got oxycodone for 1 month from them before the price doubled. Two months later they tell me they no longer carry oxycodone.

See a trend?

I knew the price doubled based on the statements from my insurance.

I finally went to Walgreens and have used them drama-free ever since.

Over several years I have seen the price steadily increase, but by 5% a year maybe. Never 100%.

A 100% increase can mean several things.

They are fucking you.
They undercharged to begin with, but based on the price quoted I don't think so.
They are trying to dissuade you from being their customer (as costco and cvs probably did to me, although they said they don't carry it anymore.)

Doctors don't like to write scripts for opioids and pharmacies don't like to carry them because of the added security needed, and the general bad name given to these drugs plus new state and federal regs.

Remember what Obama said at the start of Obamacare?

"Mr. and Mrs. Jones on Medicare, you may not be able to get your hip replaced anymore. You'll have to take a pain pill."

And then they took the pain pills too.
Holy shit.  How much are the pills you take for the paranoia?
How much are the pills you take for being a jerkoff?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Guess you need a new pharmacy?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Psst...The hive doesn't believe that companies ever try to screw their customers... and whatever you do, don't mention the term "price gouging." There is no such thing according to the hive. Even when post Katrina gas stations jacked up their prices to $6 a gallon. It was for the good of the people, you understand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's looking at an almost 100% price increase.

You think the market price changed that much? Please...
Psst...The hive doesn't believe that companies ever try to screw their customers... and whatever you do, don't mention the term "price gouging." There is no such thing according to the hive. Even when post Katrina gas stations jacked up their prices to $6 a gallon. It was for the good of the people, you understand?
I distinctly remembering most people here condemned the assholes selling water for $10/gallon, but I also remember there were some people then, like now, saying they should walk another 10 miles and buy from someone else.

It's not price gouging unless it affects them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pretty sure that was also supply and demand also. They had gasoline. You didn't

Do any of you even own an actual business?

This place is getting more FSA  every week

Don't like the price, shop elsewhere
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure that was also supply and demand also. They had gasoline. You didn't

Do any of you even own an actual business?

This place is getting more FSA  every week

Don't like the price, shop elsewhere
Maybe a tornado will hit your little slice of paradise and you can shop elsewhere when some asshole tries to gouge you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No one said that when CTD gorged people on ammo. They said CTD were assholes, not "no one was forced." Maybe some people said it, but they were quickly shouted down for being assholes too.
View Quote
I think a bit of the CTD criticism came from the "-900% off of list price!" bullshit their website would show.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I distinctly remembering most people here condemned the assholes selling water for $10/gallon, but I also remember there were some people then, like now, saying they should walk another 10 miles and buy from someone else.

It's not price gouging unless it affects them.
View Quote
Nothing is ever price gouging.   It doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A problem is that we as Americans have a skewed idea of what acceptable pain is.

Pain happens.  My knees and back hurt.  Sometimes it's pretty bad.  I could easily go to a doctor and get on Norco.  When Norco stops working, I could get on stronger stuff.  Eventually I could get on MS Contin.

It's easy to justify, because I didn't buy heroin behind a dumpster.  A man who went to medical school told me to take a prescription drug.  So it's totally different.  Except it's not.

There are people who need pain medicine.  Most people taking pain medicine today should never have been given pain medicine in the first place.

For an interesting story, I had a guy in the hospital not long ago who was a typical "muh back" pain medicine addict.  He had a pot belly and chronic back pain, and instead of losing weight and strengthening his back muscles, he just takes pain medicine.  Anyway, he got pancreatitis.  For those who don't know, pancreatitis hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER.  It's bad.  Real bad.  

This guy writhed in his hospital bed for a week because no pain medicines would help.  He was getting 12 mg of hydromorphone IV a day, in addition to a fentanyl patch.  IV hydromorphone is 20 times as potent as oral morphine  It did almost nothing for him, while a dose like that would kill me.

I truly hope you "pain meds every day" guys never get sick with something that causes acute pain.  It's going to be tough for you.
View Quote
This.  I want that shit to WORK if I ever truly need it.  Like maybe post open heart surgery or maybe a bad accident with trauma.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Strictly my conjecture here, but the price increase may be due to the lack of pills prescribed as marijuana becomes more and more available (legal) for folks who would rather use it than narcotics.
View Quote
If less pills were being prescribed, wouldn't that increase the supply and prices would drop? (at least in a pure market) 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Costco>Sam's Club
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey mr. heroin/morphine addict OP. Wanna try something fun on for size ? An epipen will cost me $300 on average with a coupon and if I can find a place that has the adrenaclick then I might get it for $120 with my insurance. You might get uncomfortable and even cry with out your dope. You know what happens if I don't have my epinephrine and end up stung by a bee ? I fucking die. Please go cry some where else.
Can I play too ?

$9300 a month 

At least I hit my total out of pocket quickly 
It's fun slamming money in the HSA all year to spend it all the first week of January
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Or maybe they know he needs the shit and are reaming him because they can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or maybe it reflects increased cost of their side...
If that were true they'd be jacking up the price on heart drugs and other stuff that truly are necessary to keep people alive.  Insulin would be $5K/dose.

I'm with those who believe this is fallout from the WOD/opioids.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:06:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think a bit of the CTD criticism came from the "-900% off of list price!" bullshit their website would show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that, sure, but the bottom line was price and they were charging something like $700 for a case of Russian 7.62x39, maybe more.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Everybody loves capitalism until it happens to them. Supply and demand - they have the supply and can charge as much as they please from those who demand it.  When drug sales go up, so will price. That's how drug dealers roll. Don't like it? Shop elsewhere until they've all raised prices.

That's what happens in world where doctors have become phamacutical farmers focused on bonus checks rather than patient care.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's my experience.

I started on norco, but that didn't cut it so I went to a pain specialist and he gave me oxycodone.

I got my oxycodone from costco for 2 months and then the price doubled. I didn't care, I had insurance. Two months later they told me they no longer carry oxycodone.

So I went to CVS. Got oxycodone for 1 month from them before the price doubled. Two months later they tell me they no longer carry oxycodone.

See a trend?

I knew the price doubled based on the statements from my insurance.

I finally went to Walgreens and have used them drama-free ever since.

Over several years I have seen the price steadily increase, but by 5% a year maybe. Never 100%.

A 100% increase can mean several things.

They are fucking you.
They undercharged to begin with, but based on the price quoted I don't think so.
They are trying to dissuade you from being their customer (as costco and cvs probably did to me, although they said they don't carry it anymore.)

Doctors don't like to write scripts for opioids and pharmacies don't like to carry them because of the added security needed, and the general bad name given to these drugs plus new state and federal regs.

Remember what Obama said at the start of Obamacare?

"Mr. and Mrs. Jones on Medicare, you may not be able to get your hip replaced anymore. You'll have to take a pain pill."

And then they took the pain pills too.
View Quote
The ban all the pot needles for kids'ers say illegal drugs are bad - ban them.  Ok so you be a good boy and go to the dr and play the games.  Then the dr won't help you. So you find a new dr, great right? Well then the pharmacys all screw you or don't sell it.  

So so now you said no to drugs, played the game and you still cant go about your normal life.  What do the high horsers say to you about that? Oh well not our problem. I'm not pro junky but I don't think this issue is solved by criminalizing substances that people wish to use.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Or maybe we just get sad from seeing so many lives lost each day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing we have a great doctor like yourself here to tell us who should and shouldn't be using certain medications.
Or maybe we just get sad from seeing so many lives lost each day.
If someone dies doing what they love it's not our fault.  Can't save everyone from themselves, it's not our place.  It's overcrowded anyway, hate to be so cavalier. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you get stung by the bee or the Daughter? Who are we talking about? 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm sure having an allergy to something that might happen or happens infrequently is way worse than 24/7 debilitating pain.

You jumped in this thread and called him a heroin addict and mentioned "comfort meds" no less than 4 times.  I don't know op or his situation.  He could be a stage 4 cancer patient for all you or I know.

By the way I don't envy having to keep a needle of shit on me 24/7.  So I do empathize.  But you just plain come across wrong man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There seems to be two opposing camps in GD lately.  And one of those camps sure seems to behave vary classlessly on a regular basis.  Angry, confrontational, everyone is snowflake/ peta/ poor/ vegan if they disagree with them.  Idk if they all need to get laid or what the issue is, but trump won so you'd think people on here would be chilling out. Unless they are closet liberals or all just trolls.  I'd suggest they smoke something and cool out but then they might just be WOD'ers. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#47]
My very good friends that died from cancer were not prescribed slow release morphine.  They all had the fast acting morphine prescriptions because it did not matter if they became addicted or not.  It's said to see them go through that.

I have to say that if one is not using morphine due to a terminal illness, it's best do to what ever is possible to get off the opiate prescriptions.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or maybe it reflects increased cost of their side...
Or they are tired of taking losses on meds to get you in the door?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maybe Sam's was charging quite a bit under market and decided to stop doing so.

I've been told that's what makes Walmart so dastardly.   Their low prices force all the other people out of business.   Maybe they just decided to stop being so dastardly.

Oh well.    You should really call up the Federal Trade Commission.    They're the ones who investigate these kinds of things.   Be sure to provide them with all of your evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's looking at an almost 100% price increase.

You think the market price changed that much? Please...
Maybe Sam's was charging quite a bit under market and decided to stop doing so.

I've been told that's what makes Walmart so dastardly.   Their low prices force all the other people out of business.   Maybe they just decided to stop being so dastardly.

Oh well.    You should really call up the Federal Trade Commission.    They're the ones who investigate these kinds of things.   Be sure to provide them with all of your evidence.
Here is a man that understands business models and basic economics.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Shop somewhere else.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top