BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone running an optic on theirs? I bought the optic ready version and would prefer not having to mill the rear for a Holosun. No experience with crimson trace of shield smsc red dots
View Quote

I have one that came with the Crimson Trace. While the optic isn't high end I love the gun. Shoots great and so far the optic has held up fine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone know whether I'd still be able to get rebate if I order one now, but don't pick it up and do transfer until next week (after rebate period ends)?
View Quote

I had to upload a copy of my sales receipt.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked it up today; that shipped fast!  Looking forward to trying it out.  So who has best price on mags?

One strange thing, first time I tried pulling the trigger, the trigger safety locked up the trigger.  It seems if I place my finger higher up on the trigger then the trigger safety won't disengage, and lock it up.  And my finger seems to naturally want to fall higher on the trigger.  Is that normal?  Never experienced that before on a gun with a trigger safety.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
So, I bought the Shield Plus stripped frame off gunbroker that was linked earlier in this thread.

I bought a Shield 1.0 a while back when I was still living in CA - it was comfortable to carry, but not the most comfortable to shoot. With MagGuts, it was a 10+1 gun, the most I could legally get in that fucked up state.

Since moving to America, I upgraded the trigger; deleted the loaded chamber indicator, and added a threaded barrel. But still, it was uncomfortable to shoot and had me hating it by the time I got to 100 rounds or so.

I had the local armorer move everything from the 1.0 to the Plus frame, and I am very pleased with the result.

Strangely enough, it’s much more comfortable to shoot than the 1.0 frame. And it’s 13+1. If I wanted to get stupid and go with MagGuts again, it’d be 15+1, almost the same as my Staccato.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Total cost so far is $250. If I’d bought new, I’d need a new trigger, night sights, etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Took my freshly returned Gen 1 slide with an Optic cut & cerakote from Nameless Armament out for more shooting. Sighted in the optic with very few needed adjustments. This will replace my full size guns for carry. Anyone holding off for either a Plus frame upgrade or just buying an OR Shield Plus outright do it now with the rebates. Takes a great shooter from the Gen1 to not thinking twice about making the Plus a primary carry.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my rebate card. 2 weeks exactly
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got my rebate card. 2 weeks exactly
View Quote

Yeah that was the fastest rebate I’ve ever gotten!
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Took my freshly returned Gen 1 slide with an Optic cut & cerakote from Nameless Armament out for more shooting. Sighted in the optic with very few needed adjustments. This will replace my full size guns for carry. Anyone holding off for either a Plus frame upgrade or just buying an OR Shield Plus outright do it now with the rebates. Takes a great shooter from the Gen1 to not thinking twice about making the Plus a primary carry.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218019/Plus_Range_jpg-2767720.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218019/Plus_Range_2_jpg-2767721.JPG
View Quote

I think the rebate ended.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update: Went to my LGS just now. Bought a non safety optics ready for $487 out the door. Have to go through the waiting period now unfortunately. But I’m happy with it!

Thinking I might buy one. I bought two of them a little over a year ago. I have one to my dad for Father’s Day and sold the other to my old boss.

Thinking about getting another one for myself. I own Sigs, Glocks and the Springfield Hellcat. But I am missing the Shield Plus.

Who’s carrying one?
View Quote

Hate mine. Time for it to go
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hate mine. Time for it to go
View Quote

You hate your shield plus?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top