Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Honestly, that would make the most sense.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet Satan is a hell of a getaway driver.

Pull the back axle right out of that son of a bitch as from jump.

And you don't mess around with Slim--do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Verdict in:
It's sleep paralysis
View Quote

I used to get legit sleep paralysis years ago and it was never associated with any paranormal malevolent entities.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not really.  You can be awake and see Shadow people or Shadow Animals.  Even while driving down the road.
View Quote

You don't say... Once I saw a ghost car. I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw a Ford Bronco right on my tail. One second later, I glanced again and there was nothing. Just empty road visible for about a mile behind me, no turnouts and nothing for a car to disappear behind.

Sleep deprivation will do some weird things. When I worked 12-hour nights for a few years, I never completely adjusted. Once as I was just on the edge of falling asleep in the morning after work, I heard an extremely crisp and ear-shattering BOOM! The closest thing I could equate it to that I've actually heard before, is a fat lightning strike a hundred or so feet away. It knocked me fully awake, holy crap! but I realized in the same moment that the house had not shaken, nor had the windows or anything rattled.

Weird things our brains do sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Satan already has the world, that gives him more time to work on picking off the saved.

The image sort of makes sense, Lucifer is one of the fallen angels who rebelled against God.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Welcome to sleep paralysis. Some of us have been on this ride for decades.
View Quote

It happened to me one night in a motel room in deep East Texas.

It was like this lizard guy about my size was on top of me preventing me from using my extremities.

I was pinned.

I'm laying there and he has straddled me on top of my white bed sheet and I was afraid.

At first I thought it was an intruder, but shortly after I was able to only slightly make out the actor.

To the best of my ability to remember, the figure was dark and looked like Aquaman or some shit like that.

And it wasn't like old boy was holding me down with brute force either.

Apparently, he had stunned me somehow so that I couldn't move.

So, in my vage consciousness I tried to relax because at that point I knew it wasn't purely physical strength that was holding me down.

I could sense something else that I was totally unfamiliar with and at that time I was dumbfounded.

As this deal unfolded the room was there and the dim lighting was correct.

The AC whirred in the background as white noise the whole time.

Fucking incredible.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:02:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was like this lizard guy about my size was on top of me preventing me from using my extremities.

I was pinned.

I'm laying there and he has straddled me on top of my white bed sheet and I was afraid.

At first I thought it was an intruder, but shortly after I was able to only slightly make out the actor.

To the best of my ability to remember, the figure was dark and looked like Aquaman or some shit like that.

So, in my vage consciousness I tried to relax because at that point I knew it wasn't purely physical strength that was holding me down.

I could sense something else that I was totally unfamiliar with and at that time I was dumbfounded.

Fucking incredible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pinned.

Fucking incredible.

Yea, it's pretty much like a No Country for Old Men scene. I never have anything actually feel like it's touching me but have an overwhelming feeling of someone breaking in or in the house getting ready to attack. It started happening often enough that I guess I got tired of it and started fighting back. I was able to levitate and fly toward it and it took off like a scalded dog. I was left levitating in the hallway looking at the front door.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen the Devil as well OP.

They're Called Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#9]
After I accepted Jesus as my savior I had the worst, most vivid dreams of demons and Satan himself tormenting me and trying to take me.

The spiritual realm is real.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea, it's pretty much like a No Country for Old Men scene. I never have anything actually feel like it's touching me but have an overwhelming feeling of someone breaking in or in the house getting ready to attack. It started happening often enough that I guess I got tired of it and started fighting back. I was able to levitate and fly toward it and it took off like a scalded dog. I was left levitating in the hallway looking at the front door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pinned.

Fucking incredible.

Like Harry Potter on acid. Lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pinned.

Fucking incredible.

I have had levitation dreams before floating effortlessly in my house and looking down the hallway into the living room. I had escaped a very large snake that was trying to devour me but it couldn't. It tried several times to trip me up with it's forked tongue but was never able to do it.

When it was a sure deal that it was going to succeed in killing me I took to a spirit form and just disappeared from its sight.

Thus, the floating around away from it in another part of the house.

In a place devoid of human frailties and in total peace and not worried about harm.

Finally, the snake gave up his hunt for me and was gone.

I was sure happy about that once it had been dispatched.

As it searched, it never came into my part of the house like it wasn't aware of the hallway and the two bedrooms that were in the back.

Like the place had been split into at least two separate dimensions or something very strange like that.

Silly dream I suppose. Lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, are you going to respond to any of us who have challenged you on a scriptural basis?

I understand not responding to people making fun of you, but I have given 2 very solid reasons why this was not Lucifer, scriptural reasons, and you only respond to people who agree with you. Seems like you just want an echo chamber.
View Quote

Because the two posts you are referencing are not Biblically supportable.

Just to grab one verse off the top of my head, Ephesians 6:12 dispels your arguments that (1) satan is too busy servicing his democrat accounts to bother me and (2) satan cannot act over a Christian in a supernatural way.

Neither are true.

And my thread was not a religious one. I was just talking about an experience I had and I politely asked that if anyone was triggered by it to please leave the thread so that they would not be bothered by a general discussion about my experience. However I dont mind open discussion or even civil discourse.

Perhaps your point is that I saw a demon and not satan. Ok, well we could split hairs and I could say ok. I just felt like I saw what I saw.

Your two posts seemed to just call into question my salvation by saying that God would not allow it if I were saved and that it was all just in my thoughts and dreams and that I didnt see what i thought I saw. Which is ok for you to say that. I just didnt feel the need to argue either point.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I used to get legit sleep paralysis years ago and it was never associated with any paranormal malevolent entities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verdict in:
It's sleep paralysis

Correct, because it's sleep paralysis.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A little back story...

I got saved in 1999 and everything about my life changed. Ended up in a new state and alone with The Lord, just working hard at entry level blue collar job and living in a 397 sqft apartment with a murphy bed and going to church every time the doors were opened.

View Quote

No damn way I could be happy with only 375 sqft of living space. Fuck that shit...

My freakin dog room at the house is almost that size (and really ought to be bigger considering)

And I still need space for ME that better include a kitchen, a few bath rooms, an office, a bed room, a gun room / man cave room, etc...

If you had been out WORKING and trying to earn income instead of dicking around at whatever church - You would have money for a bigger and better place.

If for whatever reason Satan was to come by your place you should have sacked up and shown some dominance.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’ve never seen satan but I’ve been attacked by him.  For those who proudly boast “He’s not real!”  Here’s a challenge for you.

Before you go to bed, pray for satan.  Pray for his redemption.  Pray that he might throw off his curse of pride and fall before God and beg for forgiveness.  Pray for the enemies salvation, for if he turned back to God so would the world with him.

And I assure you that he will attack you.  He will make you enemy #1.  He will convince your friends to hate you, to foment lies about you.  He will turn your spouse against you, put an addiction on her if he must.  He will make your children reject you and find fault in you and fill them with his pride.

You will watch as your comfortable life disintegrates before your eyes.  Just keep praying for him.  Trust me, you’ll stop before he does.
View Quote

Interesting point you make
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I’ve never seen satan but I’ve been attacked by him.  For those who proudly boast “He’s not real!”  Here’s a challenge for you.

Before you go to bed, pray for satan.  Pray for his redemption.  Pray that he might throw off his curse of pride and fall before God and beg for forgiveness.  Pray for the enemies salvation, for if he turned back to God so would the world with him.

And I assure you that he will attack you.  He will make you enemy #1.  He will convince your friends to hate you, to foment lies about you.  He will turn your spouse against you, put an addiction on her if he must.  He will make your children reject you and find fault in you and fill them with his pride.

You will watch as your comfortable life disintegrates before your eyes.  Just keep praying for him.  Trust me, you’ll stop before he does.
View Quote

Curious as to why you felt drawn to pray on behalf of satan in the first place.  Did you (somehow) think it was "The Christian Thing To Do"?

I'm genuinely interested.

PM me if you'd prefer.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Worst devils Ive ever seen are human beings, and I love people.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#19]
So... night terror?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe Yahweh is lord of all, I also believe that the loser named lucifer who was kicked out of heaven exists, and he does try to make us stumble.

Don't know about appearances and all that.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#21]
"David, I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten him."
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:48:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

What OP is describing is not sleep paralysis. He's describing an encounter with Shadow People.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What OP is describing is not sleep paralysis. He's describing an encounter with Shadow People.
View Quote

The "Shadow People" are what tweekers start to see and hear on their third day without sleep, when the line between being conscious and dreaming begins to blur.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a Kamala thread....but seriously, i'm glad to hear you are saved.  Born twice, die once.  Born one, die twice.  Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
View Quote
Honestly when I saw the devil I was looking into a mirror.

What I mean is when you are lost you can turn into an absolute demon and not even understand why or what caused it.

My devil was 20 plus years of really bad experiences that finally festered like an infected wound. I've gone back to church for the first time since the late 90s and 5 weeks in I feel so different. It's a process but it's allowed a clarity in my mind I haven't had in a lonnnnng time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the devil ever appeared to me to tempt me I imagine him looking like this..

https://i.postimg.cc/QtXwPjQr/0d7a1d49-35ed-4deb-8444-88db5063bb03.jpg
View Quote
Are you ready for it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Satan and evil are very real.
God is all powerful.
You will be tested.
The path is wide but the gate is narrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Satan and evil are very real.
God is all powerful.
You will be tested.
The path is wide but the gate is narrow.

Quoted:
Satan was the highest created angel before he rebeled.  He does not look like a horned monster.  He would be one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen. That makes it even easier for him to fool people that come in contact with him.

This.

Put on the full armor of God
Yeaa though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Get thee behind me, satan.

Of course the dark one is real. Yes the dark one tests us constantly, always looking for the chink in one's armor. These days more than ever. Be on your guard.
God Bless
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not going to crap on anyone's experiences or beliefs, but I find satan to be a most unlikely being. I simply don't believe such a thing exists.
To each their own.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's sleep paralysis or some other similar sleep event.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You don't say... Once I saw a ghost car. I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw a Ford Bronco right on my tail. One second later, I glanced again and there was nothing. Just empty road visible for about a mile behind me, no turnouts and nothing for a car to disappear behind.

Sleep deprivation will do some weird things. When I worked 12-hour nights for a few years, I never completely adjusted. Once as I was just on the edge of falling asleep in the morning after work, I heard an extremely crisp and ear-shattering BOOM! The closest thing I could equate it to that I've actually heard before, is a fat lightning strike a hundred or so feet away. It knocked me fully awake, holy crap! but I realized in the same moment that the house had not shaken, nor had the windows or anything rattled.

Weird things our brains do sometimes.
View Quote

Our brains use Serotonin to wake us from a sleeping state. But when we experience sleep paralysis or a night terror, we get a flood of it during the REM stage, which triggers our Serotonin receptor.  This receptor is also the same one that's stimulated when we ingest LSD or Psilocybin, which are known for their hallucinatory effects.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Actual satanic stuff would go beyond  scaring people in bed like Monsters Inc. Agree with sleep paralysis diagnosis
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I clicked this thread and was disappointed when I didn't see any MS paint in OP
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I've heard of similar accounts.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The "Shadow People" are what tweekers start to see and hear on their third day without sleep, when the line between being conscious and dreaming begins to blur.
View Quote

Not saying it might help open a conduit to the encounter.

Quoted:

View Quote

Not what OP is describing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m a Born Again follower of  the Lord Jesus Christ and I’ve had many encounters with demonic entities , footsteps , voices in empty rooms , a very evil language spoken into my right ear as I stood at my sink, lights come on by themselves after I turned them off , cymbal crash by itself in my music room as I entered the room, and many more

Plead the Blood
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Honestly, the closest thing I had was a personal revelation.  An idea that is not fully backed up by my religion, but I don't think is actually opposed by it either.

The revelation was nothing huge, but I attached a bit of an analogy to it afterwards.  The revelation.  I tended to go to Church on the First Friday of the month.  I had been doing this little devotion for about a year.  My alarm went off, I though I would rather sleep, and started to go back to bed.  Then I thought - I chose sleep over Christ.  Yes, not the largest revelation in history.

But we make choices constantly.  Christ should be alive in us.  He should live through our choices.  But why - we can not earn our way to heaven.  Well, Catholics believe that the state of our soul at the time of death determines things.  Then it made sense to me.  Practice choosing Christ.  In every part of life, we practice.  If we want to get better at something, we practice.  If you want to insure you make a free throw that could decide the outcome of the game - you should practice.  Then the shot is easy, second nature, a given - not a random Hail Mary.  If you want to make sure you choose Christ at the end of your life - practice.  Make choosing Christ as normal as putting one step in front of another is for walking.

I still don't do the best job of it.  I still sometimes choose to miss the mark.  But I try harder to hit the mark more often now.  Don't see any harm can come by exercising your faith muscles.
View Quote

Thanks. Practice is definitely needed by me.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don’t forget that Satan is the Angel of Light, the Sining One, the Great Deceiver.

Most of the world will be fooled by him.
View Quote

Many of us rejected the clot shot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll be the first. You're talking about Jesus and Satan but say this isn't religious? You need a therapist.
View Quote

Just because some people deny the Truth doesn't make it any less True.

OP is correct.

The same people who deny God will pull out a Quijie board or some lucky stones, while they mock thousands of years of recorded human history marveling in Mayan predictions and saying the Universe is so complex and infinite, it just has to have always been that way.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Actual satanic stuff would go beyond  scaring people in bed like Monsters Inc. Agree with sleep paralysis diagnosis
View Quote

"Dear diary,
Today I really gave some random dude the heebie jeebies. I really love being the embodiment of rebellion against God and evil in the world today.
Xoxo
Satan"
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I have had sleep paralysis my entire life. I've been accustomed to it ever since I was a child. Doesn't bother me at all anymore and it happens regularly.

But I've also had experiences that left a similiar impact on me. Was not like the usual sleep paralysis... Has stuck with me and this was a long time ago.

I do think that evil exist, and I do believe the devil tries to toy with people when they are down on their luck.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just because some people deny the Truth doesn't make it any less True.

OP is correct.

The same people who deny God will pull out a Quijie board or some lucky stones, while they mock thousands of years of recorded human history marveling in Mayan predictions and saying the Universe is so complex and infinite, it just has to have always been that way.  

View Quote

Not me. I don't believe in any supernatural anything. Luck isn't real. karma isn't real. All the gods aren't real. Ghosts aren't real.

I do believe in some psychic phenomena though. I don't see that as supernatural. I see it as a human capability that we fail to master.

I understand you comment. I've also seen people who proclaim atheism yet believe in ghosts and other such nonsense.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top