Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 783
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's been way too long since I've watched a dirt track race.  I've always loved watching the sprint cars, and that one is a beaut!
View Quote
RC isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's been way too long since I've watched a dirt track race.  I've always loved watching the sprint cars, and that one is a beaut!
View Quote
If you don't have dirt in your beer, you're at the wrong race track.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
RC isn't it?
View Quote
RC as in radio control?  As a former professional sprint car builder, that rediculous horsepower to weight ratio machine is the real deal.

Nothing better than standing in the pits behind an all aluminum small block running on methanol with open headers with a few instantaneous response throttle blips from idle to 9,000 RPM.

May explain the tinnitus?  Shrug.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Great One giving POTUS the ultimate compliment.

Short Video in link.

View Quote
Wow. He’s come a looooong way. He was hard core, never Trump, before the election. Then he reluctantly said he’d vote for him just to keep Hillary out. Now he’s totally on the Trump train.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1. When Datsun was rebranded and it’s name changed to Nissan - Same platform, different brand name. Same vehicles (during crossover), same employees, same buildings, etc.
View Quote
FWIW - Nissan was always Nissan.  "Datsun" was a name for the USA market.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Watching CBS morning news this morning and they were talking to some Dem rep or senator I’m not familiar with about an impeachment vote and I was shocked to hear him admit they were afraid to vote because it would open up the Republicans ability to do discovery and cross examine witnesses.  They are scared!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RC as in radio control?  As a former professional sprint car builder, that rediculous horsepower to weight ratio machine is the real deal.

Nothing better than standing in the pits behind an all aluminum small block running on methanol with open headers with a few instantaneous response throttle blips from idle to 9,000 RPM.

May explain the tinnitus?  Shrug.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/20191009_060626_jpg-1118101.JPG
View Quote
LOL! The other pic looked like it was an RC car on a cracked sidewalk.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1. When Datsun was rebranded and it's name changed to Nissan - Same platform, different brand name. Same vehicles (during crossover), same employees, same buildings, etc.

2. I don't know the super nerdy technical details but many forums use the same "architecture" or "forum engine". You can see this across many popular forums with main differences being theme colors, branding/logos, etc. 8ch breads can be "containerized" and imported/exported to other forums bearing roughly the same architecture. Another example... Change the theme colors at 4ch and it becomes very similar to 8ch.

Endchan would not = 8ch/8kun due to the points made in #1.

Edit:

Another example.... When Coke was rebranded to New Coke. Same employees, same manufacturing facilities, same employees, same management, etc.

Although Pepsi shared the same form factor and the liquid product could easily be exchanged between a Coke and Pepsi can, they are distinct "platforms".
View Quote
Thank you and I see what you're saying.

If Ar15.com Decided to change its name because A.R. 15's became illegal, but everything else about the site was the same I would view that is the same platform especially if it was an otherwise uninterrupted name change and all of my bookmarks redirected to the new name. I would expect the IP address to remain the same but I don't know this for certain.

Is the trip code program used by 8Chan a unique program to their system? Meaning same password entered on 8 chan would not generate the same trip code on 4Chan? Am I correct about that?

I've never posted on any of the chans and don't intend to start, but had I used a trip code, I could go to the newly named platform and enter the same password to see if it matched.

Therefore I won't have the luxury of verifying for myself if the person posting as Q is using the same password or not by testing my own password.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks... I learn something every day.

I think what I wrote still generally applies to the question that was asked.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SNIP...

Is the trip code program used by 8Chan a unique program to their system? Meaning same password entered on 8 chan would not generate the same trip code on 4Chan? Am I correct about that?
View Quote
I think 8ch tripcode is/was unique. I've given a lot of thought as to how Q could seamlessly transition to a new host/platform/re-build etc. and a couple of the ways I can see it happening are:

1. If the old 8ch board was hosted on VM (virtual machine) architecture, there would be ways of snapshotting, preserving, migrating, etc. You'd need to make changes to IP settings, DNS and such but it could be done.

2. App server and database backups/restores. If 8ch hosting was run on physical hardware, there still would be ways of restoring the board (along with it's config, settings and data) to a new host.

If there was an encryption layer laid down on bare metal, it could prove problematic depending on a number of factors.

Worst case scenario (IMHO) is they bring up a functional framework along with read-only archived breads and inject two new production-ready "boards" (/QResearch/ and /PatriotsFight/). Q would then have to re-authenticate with Codemonkey/BO (board owner) (I'm betting they had a trust/authentication mechanism in place before 8ch went down) and then Q would have to pull off something like posting a continuation of a set of posted-only-by-Q pics in conjunction with getting POTUS to Tweet something along the lines of "John has a brown mustache".
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
His tweet #32:

"Obama used cheap Chinese steel to build military equipment..."

Now where have we seen that before....? Oh! From a LARP post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really good thread from a 40 yr old former special forces guy on why the military loves Trump as CIC.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1181613013381500928.html
His tweet #32:

"Obama used cheap Chinese steel to build military equipment..."

Now where have we seen that before....? Oh! From a LARP post.
It’s been talked about openly for years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thank you and I see what you're saying.

If Ar15.com Decided to change its name because A.R. 15's became illegal, but everything else about the site was the same I would view that is the same platform especially if it was an otherwise uninterrupted name change and all of my bookmarks redirected to the new name. I would expect the IP address to remain the same but I don't know this for certain.

I've never posted on any of the chans and don't intend to start, but had I used a trip code, I could go to the newly named platform and enter the same password to see if it matched.

Therefore I won't have the luxury of verifying for myself if the person posting as Q is using the same password or not by testing my own password.

Thanks
View Quote
If 8kun comes online. The only validation q will have is what it has the first time
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Hit this poll.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#16]
An interesting thread to read

Click the date

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#17]
What if POTUS faked a call to Ukraine to draw out a leaker? Would POTUS have made 2 calls one legit to Ukraine well documented and a fake one to draw the foul?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. When Datsun was rebranded and it’s name changed to Nissan - Same platform, different brand name. Same vehicles (during crossover), same employees, same buildings, etc.
Was gonna post this, not necessarily important to the conversation, but for the record,

Datsun was a well established Japanese car manufacturer, who was looking to expand into the USA, worried about potential failure and hurting the brand,  thet created Nissan for the new market.
Nissan eventually became much bigger than Datsun.
The rest is history.

Back on track now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#20]
https://breaking911.com/breaking-utility-company-to-cut-power-to-800000-customers-across-california-at-midnight/

This refers to a high wind event. Interestingly Terminal Forecasts for all of the California airports that I checked are calling for light winds through tomorrow morning. I wonder who is testing public response to a mass power outage in the interest of “public safety?”
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a detail I was aware of.  
Drove a modified Datsun 280Z for over a decade.  It has a large number of Nissan Racing parts installed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/08/oh-s-t-the-moment-fbi-agents-found-hillary-clinton-emails-on-anthony-weiners-laptop/
From the HD thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/08/oh-s-t-the-moment-fbi-agents-found-hillary-clinton-emails-on-anthony-weiners-laptop/
From the HD thread.
The link is now hot.

FBI agents were stunned to find thousands of Hillary Clinton’s private emails while examining Anthony Weiner’s electronic devices for explicit text messages with a teen girl, a new book alleges.

The agents called the discovery an “oh sh-t” moment as they combed through Weiner’s iPhone, iPad and laptop after it was revealed he had been sending inappropriate messages to a minor, journalist James B. Stewart claims in his new book “Deep State: Trump, the FBI, and the Rule of Law,” out Tuesday.
More at link.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The link is now hot.

More at link.
View Quote
I did an edit somehow killed the link and then fixed it. There is a thread in GD about it so I stole the link to include here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Need to read this 8 page letter from Trump to the pelo-schiffocraps
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PAC-Letter-10.08.2019.pdf

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The chans started out as anime website, hence the chan.  I think kun is just a play on that, a bit more mature of a board.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The chans started out as anime website, hence the chan.  I think kun is just a play on that, a bit more mature of a board.
Yep. I posted this on p 103.

Quoted:

So is 8kun the grown up version of 8chan?

How to Use "San," "Kun" and "Chan" Correctly When Speaking Japanese

Kun
Less polite than "~ san", "~ kun (~?)" is used to address men who are younger or the same age as the speaker. A male might address female inferiors by "~ kun," usually in schools or companies. It can be attached to both surnames and given names. Additionally, "~kun" isn't used between women or when addressing one's superiors.

Chan
A very familiar term, "~ chan (~???)" is often attached to children's names when calling them by their given names. It can also be attached to kinship terms in a childish language.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I did an edit somehow killed the link and then fixed it. There is a thread in GD about it so I stole the link to include here.
View Quote
Cool. Just trying to help one of the better posters in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What if POTUS faked a call to Ukraine to draw out a leaker? Would POTUS have made 2 calls one legit to Ukraine well documented and a fake one to draw the foul?
View Quote
Sounds like just another version of a leak hunt, so maybe.

On a completely separate topic, looks like the whistle blowers lawyer worked for Clapper.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

On a completely separate topic, looks like the whistle blowers lawyer worked for Clapper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/09/anti-trump-whistleblower-attorney-worked-directly-for-james-clapper/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Well that is 8 pages of eloquently saying..."Fuck you."
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pelosigh is on TV saying she considers this obstruction. All she ever wanted was some real evidence of obstruction, and now she says she has it. Well, girl, bring it then. Trump is all in, so call his hand if you're willing to lose everything.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

People will hear about something that they never knew about, and then assume that the person who told them (in this case Q) has some secret inside information or access, or was the first person to reveal it ... but it's really just an illustration of how little they knew about the topic in the first place.
View Quote
In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.  People don't know whom they can trust.  But they know who they can't trust - CNN, MSNBC, Faux News, Congress, 99% of politicians not named Donald Trump, etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Now Biden, who is speaking in Rochester, NH has just said that Trump needs to be impeached.  No inquiry or process.  Just impeachment now.  Isn't that attacking your political opponents?
They are scared now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#38]
From 8-Chan twitter.

"If you were previously a Board Owner on 8chan, please email us at [email protected] with your shared secret if you are interested in migrating your board to 8kun."

https://twitter.com/infinitechan/status/1181796277392011265

The timing of this is going to be very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From 8-Chan twitter.

"If you were previously a Board Owner on 8chan, please email us at [email protected] with your shared secret if you are interested in migrating your board to 8kun."

https://twitter.com/infinitechan/status/1181796277392011265

The timing of this is going to be very interesting.
View Quote
Fixed for ya.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is one of the interesting dynamics of this whole phenomenon.
View Quote
One of.....or THE dynamic?

I have enjoyed the ride and the new information brought my way but skipped over every Q post after the first few.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they had access to the server, the encryption hash, and the "salt" for the hash then they could get the same trip code out of it.

The username/password process is like a particular sized bucket of white paint (username), with a particular sized pigment cup (salt) of a particular shade (password) mixed on the server (hashing), and compared with an old sample of the same shade of paint.

That "trip code" we see is the particular shade of paint, that proves all the parts went in the same each time.

They CAN authenticate Q again, or at least prove someone is using the same password Q was.  And as long as you trust the operator to set it up the same then you can verify it was Q again.

I am sure there will be a series of proofs posted that the usual people will have their usual opinions about in the form of photos, predictions, timing, tweet coincidences, etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If 8kun comes online. The only validation q will have is what it has the first time
View Quote
You are making the assumption they lost access to the servers. They lost DNS protection and bandwidth (dDos) protection.

They also had warning about it.  So there's likely backups of the entire configuration so it could be just a "drop in" thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Remember when we were told this sort of abuse was impossible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Remember when we were told this sort of abuse was impossible?
Remember when we thought surely not everyone at the top of the FBI and CIA were not corrupt fucks.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some MAGA on the race track..

INCOMING!...ALL THE WAY FROM PA...Jim Shuster from Newville, Pennsylvania called in an entry for his beautiful #2020 car today for the USCS "Flip Flop" 50 sprint car portion of the USCS Fall Nationals at Riverside International Speedway in West Memphis, Arkansas THIS Friday and Saturday nights (Oct. 11th & 12th). Jim is the driver and Lance DeWease's brother and Veteran PA Crew Chief Kirk DeWease is the Crew Chief Jim https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327949/E43810AC-6434-47EB-80B6-070EF7166AD4-1118047.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful car.

I raced this car a couple weeks ago, and hope to race him again this weekend.

My car.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://breaking911.com/breaking-utility-company-to-cut-power-to-800000-customers-across-california-at-midnight/

This refers to a high wind event. Interestingly Terminal Forecasts for all of the California airports that I checked are calling for light winds through tomorrow morning. I wonder who is testing public response to a mass power outage in the interest of “public safety?”
View Quote
Here is what I'm seeing wind wise.

World wind map in real time
Page / 783
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top