Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll want to hang on to that for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At work so no pic's at the moment but yep all four are and they have the little spots from spot welds on the back as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better go get that 225.  Post up a pic of the back of your mags. Zipper?
At work so no pic's at the moment but yep all four are and they have the little spots from spot welds on the back as well.
you scored big.  good job!
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oh.....you can no longer find extractors for them. Sig will replace them.....but no one carries them anymore. Maybe $100 on ebay.

View Quote
$100? For real?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, had to be either 9mm or .38 spl.  I had bought this gun a few years earlier while in college.  Before we deployed, first unit to takeoff for the war btw, it was announced that we'd be able to carry personal firearms.  There was a big run on every gunstore in Myrtle Beach by a bunch of pilots.  Kinda funny.
View Quote
Wasn't the M9 standard issue for pilots?  I wonder what that says about how pilots felt about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I know I sold mine to cheaply when I posted it up for sale in the middle of the night and had like 3 "I'll take its" within an hour

They are good guns it's just I've never been a big Sig fan.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, had to be either 9mm or .38 spl.  I had bought this gun a few years earlier while in college.  Before we deployed, first unit to takeoff for the war btw, it was announced that we'd be able to carry personal firearms.  There was a big run on every gunstore in Myrtle Beach by a bunch of pilots.  Kinda funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice. They allowed you to carry personal sidearms?
Ha... I took a security instructor class in 1996 with a gunsmith in a Surfside Beach gun shop who was a retired Myrtle Beach Air Force Base guy.  He was still pissed off about the housing that was good enough for him and his family all the sudden became inhabitable for humans after the civilians took it over and had to rehab everything.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Already looked there, nothing for West German made.  They are a smaller diameter screw.  I compared it against my Legion 226.  
View Quote
Weird, as I have several spares from them, and I don't own any us made SIGs with the exception of the slide on my 239 is US made (I think...... It's a German frame)
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wasn't the M9 standard issue for pilots?  I wonder what that says about how pilots felt about it.
View Quote
No, at that time, Aug 90 it was the .38Spl at Myrtle Beach.  M9 would have bee ok but id still prefer my luck charm
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Weird, as I have several spares from them, and I don't own any us made SIGs with the exception of the slide on my 239 is US made (I think...... It's a German frame)
View Quote
Every one they have listed just says P226, nothing about West German P226 small diameter etc.  Probably a call to them will be better, if they even have a fun.  Will check later
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#10]
So the airforce lets pilots carry anything they want in 9mm?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So the airforce lets pilots carry anything they want in 9mm?
View Quote
Lol.  Desert storm yes.  Now....no 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Found a pic of the 226 in my vest, Desert Storm a long time ago.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Traded her for a m9a1 compact. No regrets but I do miss it.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock had a famous ad back in the day advertising how a Squadron of pilots bought G19s during the Gulf War. It was real deal and happened. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a mint 228 on Saturday for 500. It was a good day

fullsizeoutput_ddd by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top