User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That has such a weird flavor, not bad, just hard to describe to people. I think it tastes like a mix between orange and cream soda, other people say bubble gum.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll pass that on. Sister-in-law is not fussy although cannot tolerate anything spicier than a small sprinkle of black pepper

My wife however, won't eat fish & chips or steak

Fried chicken, maybe once during the trip. Indian is good to go, that's probably where she'll end up most of the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll pass that on. Sister-in-law is not fussy although cannot tolerate anything spicier than a small sprinkle of black pepper

My wife however, won't eat fish & chips or steak

Fried chicken, maybe once during the trip. Indian is good to go, that's probably where she'll end up most of the time.

Sister in law can survive on Greggs sausage rolls

Scotish Indian is usually milder than English Indian for some reason

Quoted:

Wait a minute. I've been told (mostly by American media and Americans who have never been outside of their hometown) that European and especially English culture is the highest of society and their beliefs and lifestyles outclass ours in every way. The English are the highest of classy and educated society, basically, and we should base our own governance and social system off of the EU and UK especially.

This the same media that told you Biden won?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Genetics, fair skin, sun exposure and possibly alcohol.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dated a girl from Scotland in her late 20's last year. I disagree.
View Quote

There are exceptions to every stereotype.  I'm talking the average run of the mill people I have encountered.  There are some hot women of course.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Battered, deep fried pizza is a popular item in Scotland. "Pizza crunch"

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article22468547.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/0_IMG_20200803_175325-1.jpg
View Quote
I need a plane ticket rite naw!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
have you seen how fast US trailer park women age?

It's basically the same thing. the UK is just one giant trailer park island.
View Quote

Interesting take from LA.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are exceptions to every stereotype.  I'm talking the average run of the mill people I have encountered.  There are some hot women of course.
View Quote

Fair. I've seen her sisters and a few of her friends. 2 of the 6 were fattys.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Definitely booze. Everyone on the British Isles are alcoholics.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#11]
global warming ages people faster...
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Would love to do all the sight seeing things in Scotland and Ireland...  

Take in the sights, have a pint and learn something about my heritage..
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

not the UK, scotland is basically 1 huge welfare housing project funded by the English tax payer
View Quote

There used to be lots more oil and whisky revenues going south than £s going north... "but when you look at it statistically"...  which metric do you want to use? Population density for most of the country is sheep...
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you make it to the East coast, OP?
Lived in Peterhead and Fraserburgh back in the day.  
Sure it’s changed some, but likely not much.

Cigarettes, hard drinking, lower standard of living, less access to preventative care, too much processed food, and a cultural penchant to worry and drama…
All culprits I’d guess.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sure it's changed some, but likely not much.

Cigarettes, hard drinking, lower standard of living, less access to preventative care, too much processed food, and a cultural penchant to worry and drama
All culprits I'd guess.
View Quote
Why does it only affect women?
The OP said it was just the women, not the men.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Scotland is famous for its extremely bad diet, high alcohol rates and drug use.

I too spent this last week there and didn’t see many hot women.

High cuisine in Scotland  any takeaway in Scotland will sells munchy box’s. They are supposed to be for several people to share, they are cheap and end up being meals for 1

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/B9E55B39-961E-419A-A1A5-E189CE45E8EF_jpe-2413269.JPG

For afters. Yes they do fry and batter candy bars

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/3EF3E2DA-8F32-4CC3-A811-CEE54474FE31_png-2413274.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
American women take longer to develop wrinkles cause their continuous fattening keeps the skin taught

Fatties are everywhere here.  I think they are one ranking behind the US in obesity rates.  They fry everything. Certain parts of the US are fatter overall and some less.

Scotland is famous for its extremely bad diet, high alcohol rates and drug use.

I too spent this last week there and didn’t see many hot women.

High cuisine in Scotland  any takeaway in Scotland will sells munchy box’s. They are supposed to be for several people to share, they are cheap and end up being meals for 1

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/B9E55B39-961E-419A-A1A5-E189CE45E8EF_jpe-2413269.JPG

For afters. Yes they do fry and batter candy bars

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/3EF3E2DA-8F32-4CC3-A811-CEE54474FE31_png-2413274.JPG

Looks more like a meal for 4 or 5.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Drinking?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
American women take longer to develop wrinkles cause their continuous fattening keeps the skin taught
View Quote

FPNI is uncanny.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sister in law can survive on Greggs sausage rolls

Scotish Indian is usually milder than English Indian for some reason

View Quote
SIL lives in a small town in Michigan, sausage rolls sound perfect for her

Speaking of "Scottish Indian", I just looked up Haggis Pakora, holy shit
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It may be both but most the couples I see that aren't in there 20's or younger the women look more aged than the men.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#21]
People think the UK is 100% Downton Abbey and Fawlty Towers.

There’s plenty of “Trainspotting” and “Snatch” to go around.

That said, I was (theoretically) supposed to be at a symposium in Cambridge this week but had to bail out because I had too much real work, LOL.  I’d be sitting at a pub drinking a beer right now if it had worked out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’d guess stress and worry. Most Scottish men DGAF, something’s bugging them they go to the pub and have a few pints, maybe get in a dust up.
Women seem to internalize it, at least in my family.
Lots of stress from kids. Drug addiction and abuse are rampant.

I have a nephew who literally drove my sis to an early grave due to his constant relapsing on heroin.
She was raising his son, trying to keep him alive and get him back to functionality, and dealing with her own life and struggles. Heart attack at 59.
Now, she looked great for her age, but the stress killed her regardless.

Hard lives in a beautiful setting. A Scottish cliché.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ahh ok yes in that case spot on. It’s a fucking shit hole ( unless you are rich and can avoid the scumbags)

It’s basically this

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/6A7730F2-6791-4931-AE69-17C69C26209F_jpe-2413318.JPG
View Quote

I luv Greggs memes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That has such a weird flavor, not bad, just hard to describe to people. I think it tastes like a mix between orange and cream soda, other people say bubble gum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I tried IRN BRU for the first time a few years ago. I know the Scots are mad for the stuff.

I agree completely about the weird, hard-to-describe flavor. It was like drinking vaguely orange-flavored gum.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure it’s changed some, but likely not much.

Cigarettes, hard drinking, lower standard of living, less access to preventative care, too much processed food, and a cultural penchant to worry and drama…
All culprits I’d guess.
View Quote

You forgot working in the fish processing plant... sheesh! That place in summer...
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You forgot working in the fish processing plant... sheesh! That place in summer...
View Quote

Lol. It’s good to live upwind…
But I like the coast there more than Peterhead.

You should come experience the meat processing plants here in KS.
Um… that hot summer night blood pit cleaning…
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After watching some utube videos about a guy who travels around England and Scotland with his dog, this apparently is very true.   Trailer parks/courts everywhere.    Single and double wides but mostly single.     I would’ve never guessed it so

What channel is this? They don’t have those here really. Only holiday ‘homes’ by the coast and fucking pikeys

When I say trailer park, I was talking mostly about the culture and socioeconomic atmosphere of the UK isles. I know not everyone lives in a caravan.

Ahh ok yes in that case spot on. It’s a fucking shit hole ( unless you are rich and can avoid the scumbags)

It’s basically this

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/6A7730F2-6791-4931-AE69-17C69C26209F_jpe-2413318.JPG

That would be slightly more funny if kids didn't actually end up in kebabs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I tried IRN BRU for the first time a few years ago. I know the Scots are mad for the stuff.

I agree completely about the weird, hard-to-describe flavor. It was like drinking vaguely orange-flavored gum.
View Quote

I tried the sugar free version and it tasted VERY similar to Big Red to me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've been all over Scotland the last week.  I was starting to think Scottish men must like older women but my wife has told a couple women in conversation it's our 20 year anniversary and they all say she doesn't look old enough and one even mentioned American women don't age as fast/look younger.  It doesn't seem like most of them have jobs that require much more physical labor.  It doesn't seem to be the same for the men.  Their diet really is about as unhealthy as a typical American diet.

They don't seem to have orthodontic care/braces much at all but that's the only contributing thing I can think of.
View Quote

I believe the face makeup women wear protect the skin from the sun. I think a lot of the makeup has sun screen.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been all over Scotland the last week.  I was starting to think Scottish men must like older women but my wife has told a couple women in conversation it's our 20 year anniversary and they all say she doesn't look old enough and one even mentioned American women don't age as fast/look younger.  It doesn't seem like most of them have jobs that require much more physical labor.  It doesn't seem to be the same for the men.  Their diet really is about as unhealthy as a typical American diet.

They don't seem to have orthodontic care/braces much at all but that's the only contributing thing I can think of.
View Quote

Ask the women about your observation... please make sure to have someone recording you.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ask the women about your observation... please make sure to have someone recording you.....
View Quote

A Scottish woman at a ticket booth herself told my wife that American women in general look younger than Scottish of the same age.  No need to ask.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fookin Pikey's
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What channel is this? They don’t have those here really. Only holiday ‘homes’ by the coast and fucking pikeys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After watching some utube videos about a guy who travels around England and Scotland with his dog, this apparently is very true.   Trailer parks/courts everywhere.    Single and double wides but mostly single.     I would’ve never guessed it so

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah I am still trying to figure out how England got fucked on that deal. I don't know who thought it was a good idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not the UK, scotland is basically 1 huge welfare housing project funded by the English tax payer

Yeah I am still trying to figure out how England got fucked on that deal. I don't know who thought it was a good idea.

when they had the referendum on leaving the UK, a lot of us were like yeah, good fucking riddance
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And the men don't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't they drink a lot more?
And the men don't?

Who pays attention to how they look though?

Other than making sure I am the best looking guy in the room of course.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol. It’s good to live upwind…
But I like the coast there more than Peterhead.

You should come experience the meat processing plants here in KS.
Um… that hot summer night blood pit cleaning…
View Quote

I had to do a survey past that place for several days... wasn't a fun experience.

I preferred the coast about 75 miles south... you at least got a beach break rather than rocks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Scotland is an amazing place depending on what you like.

It doesn’t seem to have had the improvement England has had in food with gastro pubs etc however I’ve not looked that hard as I usually camp and cook myself

I don’t think they will have problems finding something they can eat especially in places like Glasgow; if they like fried chicken I recommend bucks bar :)  https://bucksbar.co.uk/trongate.html  when I work up there I end up eating Indian anyway or my weight in fried chicken at bucks bar.

Depends on what they will eat really they will find good fish restaurants and steaks won’t be hard to find  

Early this week I took this; bare in  mind it’s usually pissing down with rain

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398238/82A947D0-23B6-458E-AF02-4B29F048C582_jpe-2413294.JPG
View Quote

@Pesty My family wants to go to Scotland (Inverness) for Christmas / New Years. I'm debating going. What is the likelihood of seeing the Northern Lights up there in Winter?
Typical cloud cover 7 days a week?  
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#38]
I know 4 middle aged Scottish women now living in the US and three of them drink like fish. I will say they all look decent for their age but I'm guessing they'll peak soon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@Pesty My family wants to go to Scotland (Inverness) for Christmas / New Years. I'm debating going. What is the likelihood of seeing the Northern Lights up there in Winter?
Typical cloud cover 7 days a week?  
View Quote

@cervelorider

Sorry I have no idea . I went last October and was hoping to see them but didn’t.  According to websites it’s possible.

There is an app in apple store I think it’s free and a Facebook page called aurora watch. For tracking when they are there.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/landscapes-nature/northern-lights/
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@cervelorider

Sorry I have no idea . I went last October and was hoping to see them but didn’t.  According to websites it’s possible.

There is an app in apple store I think it’s free and a Facebook page called aurora watch. For tracking when they are there.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/landscapes-nature/northern-lights/
View Quote

10-4 thank you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I kind of wonder if it would be the same welfare and poverty rate had they not been conquered and ruled by England.  Maybe it would be the same or worse I don't know but it's interesting to think about that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Eating haggis?
Can't be good for you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#43]
sheep
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Not great...not terrible

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left