Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/4/2017 9:01:57 AM EDT
Group of seven bounty hunters surround car in Walmart parking lot, get into car chase and fire into car killing an innocent man in apparent case of mistaken identity.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -
Seven bounty hunters who descended on the wrong car outside a Wal-Mart have been indicted on first-degree murder charges in the killing of an unarmed man and the wounding of another, Tennessee police announced Wednesday.

The charges come after a chaotic scene in Clarksville on April 23, where police said the bounty hunters shot at the four people in the sedan and chased them for seven miles.

Not one of the men in the sedan was wanted on outstanding charges.

Link to story

The seven bounty hunters charged.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Never met a bounty hunter that wasn't a criminal
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Hanging out in a Walmart parking lot in  "early hours of the morning"...what can go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The Stupid seven
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The jokes just write themselves.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder if they'll be sharing cells with former clients. Could be a good show.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Not FL...

Huh. Weird.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Felons in possession while committing a capital crime? Yeah, that'll go swimmingly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Death penalty time.

Every time one of these crooked motherfuckers gets killed, my day gets a little bit better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#10]
"Go with God, brah..."
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't believe it is still a part of our legal system.

Just about every story I hear involving bounty hunters is a soup sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Felons in possession while committing a capital crime? Yeah, that'll go swimmingly.
View Quote
Actually had one that had several outstanding warrants himself. Their employers often don't do background checks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck those guys.  They need to rot in prison
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Each of the men were charged with:

First-degree felony murder
Three counts of attempted second degree murder
Three counts of especially aggravated kidnapping
Attempted especially aggravated kidnapping
Aggravated assault
Three counts of aggravated assault
Employing firearms in commission of dangerous felony
Felony reckless endangerment

Bond was set at $300,000 for each man.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually had one that had several outstanding warrants himself. Their employers often don't do background checks.
View Quote
WTF?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully they get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Only police are allowed to shoot at the wrong vehicle and get off.

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

WTF?
View Quote
At my first PD, we had a recruit that had outstanding drug warrants out of California.

The recruit was riding with his FTO, when the FTO had the recruit enter his info in the car computer as a warrant check exercise. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Wonder what the difference would be if they were actually LEO as far as charges.

Would fireing into the car even be legal if there was a guy fleeing in the ride?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#20]
If they had been police and had a warrant, you'd just be getting "I'm sorry".
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Your move, Florida.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#22]
If the person is believed to be a violent criminal who is possibly going to do more harm, then the police can shoot them in the back or wherever.  At least that is what I read here when the police shot an escaped convict in NY a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If the person is believed to be a violent criminal who is possibly going to do more harm, then the police can shoot them in the back or wherever.  At least that is what I read here when the police shot an escaped convict in NY a few years back.
View Quote
See TN vs. Garner.

And the rules are slightly different for convicts. They can be shot during escape just for escaping but the standard is higher once their escape is complete.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This
View Quote
This is part of a free society.  The men being chased had every right to fire back if they had armed themselves.  Bounty hunters screwed up, whoever hired them screwed up.  They are going to spend a long time in prison as their own best-case scenario and may not ever get out.

Wonder if it was the first time they had gone out to do this and they had not clue what was going on?  Watched some episodes of some Bounty Hunter show (cannot recall the guy who had the big show) and thought that they could do that for a payday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Only police are allowed to shoot at the wrong vehicle and get off.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/130314212231-dorner-wrong-truck-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
View Quote
They also shot up a Honda Ridgeline up the street that rarely gets mentioned whenever Dorner threads pop up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#27]
... authorities have said they are troubled by how the bounty hunters put people at risk.
View Quote
I fuckin' well hope that's the case!

I had an encounter with a bounty hunter who was chasing a guy who had stolen from me, been convicted, and failed to make restitution, part of his plea arrangement.  Loudoun County issued a felony warrant as a result.

So a few months go by and the bounty hunter calls to tell me he'd been caught in Maryland, a habitual offender DUI (automatic jail time) with possession of dope. He'd pled out to the charges, got three years, but was eligible for parole in a few months.  He even gave me the number for the prison where he was locked up.

I called, told them about the felony here in Virginia and the warrant for his arrest. I then had the Sheriff's office send an extradition request.  Instantly ineligible for early release.

Now looking at the full three years in Maryland and two more here prompted him to find a way to get me my money.

That got the violation in Virginia lifted, which got him released on probation in Maryland.  A year later, felony DUI, habitual offender in Virginia. He got three more years.

So sometimes bounty hunters are a help.

But those seven assholes in Clarksville deserve the rope.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Schnepp looks operator as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you have.

ETA- There are a lot of turds in the industry- Prior to WA introducing licensing, there was very little "regulation".

In my locale, there's a couple of bond companies that I knew that used guys they've bailed out to recover other skips. There was one guy, "Bear Fogger Dude", he was a felon and his buddy was the principal agent for a BB company. That's just dirty pool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At my first PD, we had a recruit that had outstanding drug warrants out of California.

The recruit was riding with his FTO, when the FTO had the recruit enter his info in the car computer as a warrant check exercise. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

Well, that must have been awkward.  And instructional.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Again ?]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#32]
That will not buff out
Talk about major screw up
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

Mike
Speed-Cuffing was the next less-than practice exercise.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I AM THE DAAAWG, THE BIG BAD DAAAWG
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many stories do you see where a person has done their job as required?

Every story you see about cops is because they screwed up, ever story about airlines is bad, every story about trash man is negative, ec.

How many times a year do you think the bad guy is caught and put back in jail that the media doesn't tell us about?

I'm in no way associated with bounty hunters.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How many stories do you see where a person has done their job as required?

Every story you see about cops is because they screwed up, ever story about airlines is bad, every story about trash man is negative, ec.

How many times a year do you think the bad guy is caught and put back in jail that the media doesn't tell us about?

I'm in no way associated with bounty hunters.
View Quote
This man gets it.  There are thousands of successful fugitive recoveries done by quiet, professional teams of hunters every year.  Those are the ones we don't hear about in the news.  

If the jackwagons in this story came to my office looking for work, I'd run 'em off.  Wouldn't hire any one of them.  Have said the same thing about the dog & crew for years, as well.  Don't need or want the extra attention and liability these types bring to the table.  Guess that's why in 20 years of writing bail I've done all my own recovery work when needed...except for one case that I hired a team for assistance with.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#37]
If those 7 dudes were chasing me in two cars shooting they would be getting copious amounts of G19 mag dumps
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well when there are millions of outstanding warrants for FTA or bail jumping with .le making almost no effort to recover them, other than bounty hunter what is the option?

Anyone want to bet that group was involved in more than bounty hunting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't say that, (Close) I've met some that were too incompetent to be criminals.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#40]
That's crazy, and I haven't been bringing my Draco in my truck lately.  If 7 dudes looking like those thugs came at me, especially with my family in the car, there would be problems.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If those 7 dudes were chasing me in two cars shooting they would be getting copious amounts of G19 mag dumps
View Quote
If you have seven armed dudes slinging lead at you then you are better served by doing something clever than just mag dumping. They can outpace your firepower. Capitalizing on wrinkles in your environment can do wonders in a running fight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Top.  Men.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Speed-Cuffing was the next less-than practice exercise.
View Quote
Question I'd be asking the department is "How did this guy get past the background checks...?". For an FTO to be finding that shit out by accident is not a good sign for them having done due diligence on the rest of the guy's hiring procedures.

Cop friend of mine was telling me about the time he was tasked to assist training at one of the academies here in Washington state while he was in recovery from a vehicle accident, and how surreal it was to have to call for assistance during the intake for an incoming class of students, and arrest like three of them for outstanding warrants. Story he got was they'd all joined a smaller PD, and it was supposedly part of an attempt to infiltrate law enforcement... Weird days, my friends, weird days...
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
$300 K bail?

No way....for murder?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you have seven armed dudes slinging lead at you then you are better served by doing something clever than just mag dumping. They can outpace your firepower. Capitalizing on wrinkles in your environment can do wonders in a running fight.
View Quote
Ideally if I could just evade in the car I would but if you can get rounds on the lead car maybe get a hit on the driver they might break contact.

But yeah I agree. Could pass the gun to the passenger too
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
$300 K bail?

No way....for murder?
View Quote
That's TN dollars not CA dollars.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Thugs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Wonder how many of them post in GD?????

This whole bounty hunter thing needs to either be tightly regulated or just go away entirely. Too many shitbags involved in it and I don't  care for the fake badges / borderline LEO impersonation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I once was followed by a "Process server" everywhere, trying to serve me a subpoena. It was kind of like that, minus the guns, chase and shooting.

It was a BS, frivolous lawsuit from a vindictive ex and she manipulated her boyfriend to do this on her behalf.
Everywhere I went he was waiting. He finally succeed in serving the subpoena after 8 months of trying. I went to court and it got thrown out.

Once followed me for 10 miles on a highway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top