Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Seven Shit-sucks
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First question, what state?

Second, as a private citizen, you don't have to observe constitutional rights, do you?  With a shout of, "Maga!" you can kick in the door and grab your man.  Right?
View Quote
Taylor v. Taintor, 83 U.S. 366 (1872),"...a person to whom a suspect is remanded, such as a bail bondsman, has sweeping rights to recover the suspect."

Also applies to the Agents of the Bond Holder.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why do you fall for their crap. WI is a troll just agitating people. You know kinda like an internet prick.  so

There's some really interesting posts here to read than his garbage
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your move, Florida.
Sorry, all the Ohio transplants here appear to be busy having sex with their sisters and/or dogs right now.  Maybe a Michigander or a Two Shitter will step up to the plate shortly.
Why do you fall for their crap. WI is a troll just agitating people. You know kinda like an internet prick.  so

There's some really interesting posts here to read than his garbage
I respect your point, but as a 59 year old, third generation native, I have seen what transplants have done to my beloved state.  The majority of the shit that is blamed on Florida is due to some transplanted failure from a northern state, the bulk of which is from Ohio, with Michigan running second.  So when some knuckle-dragging mouth-breather from another state wants to post shit, I'll give him tit for tat.  I'm tired of playing the ignore game.  Time to throw shit when shit gets thrown.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a "diverse" group.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to your new lives in prison.  Get comfy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hopefully you never have to bail out a friend or family member.  But if you do, hopefully, he or she will not miss court.  And, hopefully, if he or she does miss court, the bail agents and their teams don't find your connection to the fugitive and come looking for them at your house.  But when they do find that connection (and they will) and when they come to your house, hopefully, you will have dummied up and changed that ignorant attitude about fugitive recovery agents.  Because, if you haven't, someone's probably gonna die.  Hopefully, it won't be you.  I mean that, friend.

We get to defend ourselves from threats of grave bodily injury or death just like everyone else does.  We can be charged with negligence and worse just like everyone else can.  I won't come in your house looking for the bail jumper until after I ask you if I may and you have consented.  Otherwise...I'm out of there.  I'll catch 'em another day.  No need to be getting all roostered up, here.  Take a breath.  Relax.  Your best chance of NOT having a bunch of jackwagons like pictured above, come to your door and busting in, is to find a professional bondsman first...if you ever need one.  Thus endeth the lesson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully they don't.  Hopefully they get blown the fuck away by an armed homeowner.

As far as I'm concerned, that's no different than any other home invasion.
Hopefully you never have to bail out a friend or family member.  But if you do, hopefully, he or she will not miss court.  And, hopefully, if he or she does miss court, the bail agents and their teams don't find your connection to the fugitive and come looking for them at your house.  But when they do find that connection (and they will) and when they come to your house, hopefully, you will have dummied up and changed that ignorant attitude about fugitive recovery agents.  Because, if you haven't, someone's probably gonna die.  Hopefully, it won't be you.  I mean that, friend.

We get to defend ourselves from threats of grave bodily injury or death just like everyone else does.  We can be charged with negligence and worse just like everyone else can.  I won't come in your house looking for the bail jumper until after I ask you if I may and you have consented.  Otherwise...I'm out of there.  I'll catch 'em another day.  No need to be getting all roostered up, here.  Take a breath.  Relax.  Your best chance of NOT having a bunch of jackwagons like pictured above, come to your door and busting in, is to find a professional bondsman first...if you ever need one.  Thus endeth the lesson.
Hopefully, you won't be stupid enough to kick in a door in a Castle Doctrine state and have a sucking chest wound membership bestowed upon you and your stick crew from a homeowner. 

Hopefully said homeowner won't believe in the "two to the chest, one to the head, always leaves a target dead" school of failure to stop drill. Or, hopefully, you won't have to deal with a pair of 65lb+ mutts with two foot jaws that love the taste of assholes.

Hopefully, you will ask nicely and accept the fact that the brother-in-law is long gone and not here.  And, hopefully, after performing your due diligence and seeing no sign of said brother-in-law, you will move on to more fertile ground.

But hey, what makes the grass grow?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There was a bondsman here a while back talking about how he had a right to defend himself when raiding homes where the suspect is believed to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a bondsman here a while back talking about how he had a right to defend himself when raiding homes where the suspect is believed to be.
You happen to have a link to that thread?

Lot of folks don't understand how it works and what powers recovery agents have and don't.

I posted in one last year regarding bail and recovery
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, FFS.  I don't know why I even bother in GD.  Some of ya'll have the reading comprehension of a third grader.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the person who was bonded out lives there or owns the property then he is correct, maybe even if the person who signed the bond owns or live the location. Look into the paperwork and the surrendering of many rights that happen when you get bonded out of jail or bond someone out. Does it mean bounty hunters can kick in doors or demand to enter the homes of random associates or relatives where the person they are looking for might be hiding, nope. Random homes near by, nope. Do some of them do it, probably. But that would be like cops making up PC to raid a house or search a car. A violation of either or both the civil code/criminal code.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hopefully, you won't be stupid enough to kick in a door in a Castle Doctrine state and have a sucking chest wound membership bestowed upon you and your stick crew from a homeowner. 

Hopefully said homeowner won't believe in the "two to the chest, one to the head, always leaves a target dead" school of failure to stop drill. Or, hopefully, you won't have to deal with a pair of 65lb+ mutts with two foot jaws that love the taste of assholes.

Hopefully, you will ask nicely and accept the fact that the brother-in-law is long gone and not here.  And, hopefully, after performing your due diligence and seeing no sign of said brother-in-law, you will move on to more fertile ground.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully they don't.  Hopefully they get blown the fuck away by an armed homeowner.

Never post a bond for a relative/friend/spouse and you will likely never meet a bail bondsman or a bounty hunter.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I have seen tons of bounty hunter stories in the news over the years. they are all the same kinds of stories, dumbasses who over step their authority, or do stupid assed things, like break into homes looking for people, often the wrong home, at gunpoint, resulting in reckless endangerment, trespassing, kidnapping charges, or they grab the wrong person, instant kidnapping charges, or shoot at the wrong person, attempted murder / homicide charges..

the fact we still allow untrained, reckless, unregulated bounty hunters to run amock when the country is awash with leo agencies, is crazy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have seen tons of bounty hunter stories in the news over the years. they are all the same kinds of stories, dumbasses who over step their authority, or do stupid assed things, like break into homes looking for people, often the wrong home, at gunpoint, resulting in reckless endangerment, trespassing, kidnapping charges, or they grab the wrong person, instant kidnapping charges, or shoot at the wrong person, attempted murder / homicide charges..

the fact we still allow untrained, reckless, unregulated bounty hunters to run amock when the country is awash with leo agencies, is crazy.
View Quote
You realize the description of the antics of bounty hunters describes the exact behavior of trained professional in the LE community over the years. I believe we even had a member WHO WAS A MEMBER OF LE about get arrested because of mistaken identity a few years ago. Not to mention jailing the wrong person, planting evidence, perjury, and so on. We have even had people killed unlawfully by LE. You know what the difference is when a bounty hunter does something illegal? The system is not prewired to protect him with QI among other legal protections. A bounty hunter steps on his dick and he is likely finished in the profession and possibly end up in jail. An officer steps on his dick and there is a good chance he will still be wearing his badge exercising authority next year, and the only ones hurting will be taxpayers.

As for the number of LE agencies, there are millions of outstanding warrants in this coutry for everything from FTA to Murder, most agencies have no active warrant squads/officers searching for these people. Most agencies only clear a warrant when a traffic officer pulls someone over.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You realize the description of the antics of bounty hunters describes the exact behavior of trained professional in the LE community over the years. I believe we even had a member WHO WAS A MEMBER OF LE about get arrested because of mistaken identity a few years ago. Not to mention jailing the wrong person, planting evidence, perjury, and so on. We have even had people killed unlawfully by LE. You know what the difference is when a bounty hunter does something illegal? The system is not prewired to protect him with QI among other legal protections. A bounty hunter steps on his dick and he is likely finished in the profession and possibly end up in jail. An officer steps on his dick and there is a good chance he will still be wearing his badge exercising authority next year, and the only ones hurting will be taxpayers.

As for the number of LE agencies, there are millions of outstanding warrants in this coutry for everything from FTA to Murder, most agencies have no active warrant squads/officers searching for these people. Most agencies only clear a warrant when a traffic officer pulls someone over.
View Quote
My county alone there are around 50k felony warrants...not counting the 100k misdemeanor warrants

out of the hundreds of folks we bail a year I only have to recover 2 to 6 a year...thats only my company and I only recover for the comp I work for

Other companies have full time teams chasing folks daily. Not worth it to right bad bail if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the sake of discussion, let's say you have your brother over and he has an active warrant for his arrest. I see him go in your home (verified visually)
I knock your door, you say fuck off, I determine that the bond is worth enough to risk the forced entry, you shoot me. You shot someone who had a legitimate reason to force entry into your house that had previously identified himself and was not there to harm you.
You would want a good defense attorney. No different than shooting a medic or firefighter.

This would only be a question for the above scenario. If the guy didn't announce his intention and was a yard, then ya, you would get off

In my state (MI) we have no laws concerning bounty hunters, it pisses me off, I see some dumb mother fuckers in my line of work.
Once walked into a police station to bond someone out and saw a scabbard on a bounty hunters belt, he took a sword on recovery jobs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They also shot up a Honda Ridgeline up the street that rarely gets mentioned whenever Dorner threads pop up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only police are allowed to shoot at the wrong vehicle and get off.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/130314212231-dorner-wrong-truck-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
They also shot up a Honda Ridgeline up the street that rarely gets mentioned whenever Dorner threads pop up.
Don't forget the cones!  The cones!

These Stupid Seven need to hang.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For the sake of discussion, let's say you have your brother over and he has an active warrant for his arrest. I see him go in your home (verified visually)
I knock your door, you say fuck off, I determine that the bond is worth enough to risk the forced entry, you shoot me. You shot someone who had a legitimate reason to force entry into your house that had previously identified himself and was not there to harm you.
You would want a good defense attorney. No different than shooting a medic or firefighter.

This would only be a question for the above scenario. If the guy didn't announce his intention and was a yard, then ya, you would get off

In my state (MI) we have no laws concerning bounty hunters, it pisses me off, I see some dumb mother fuckers in my line of work.
Once walked into a police station to bond someone out and saw a scabbard on a bounty hunters belt, he took a sword on recovery jobs.
View Quote
Probably one of them highlander immortal types.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have got to be kidding a sword? Was he retarded or was it Halloween

I can tell you its much easier to either wait for the bad guy to come out of a house. Another option is to knock on the door and explain whats going on and give the residents options. Let them know they are now actively harboring a fugitive and get LE involved where they may be going to jail along with the bad guy.

The hole kicking in doors thing at least for me is way over blown.

The vast majority of folks once they understand whats going on allow us to either enter and effect a arrest or send the person out to us.

All these tv shows and the f*** ups they have on make the vast majority of us look stupid and or in a bad light.

Out of the few recovery only guys I know the only one I would work with is former LE. He makes his $ going after cases that are about to be forfeited to the court. That's when the Bail companies organic team cant catch the bad guy and they could be paying out what ever the bail amount was, any where from $5k to millions.

Now days its hard to make a living only doing recovery from what I have been told. Last 4 or 5 years have changed (I have been a Bail agent for 4 years) Because you only get paid if you catch the bad guy. So you can spend a week or more looking for the person and spend $ doing so and never catch the fugitive. Now not only did you not make $ but you spent weeks of your time looking and your own $ on top of that.

People don't understand that Bail fugitive recovery agents have more power then LE in certain areas when conducting a recovery. I always notify what ever jurisdiction im in dispatch to let them know we will be in the area or adress. 50% of the time they ask us if we would like cover officers. Depending on the area and the person we are after sometimes we say yes sometimes we don't feel we need them and don't want to waste there time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can tell you its much easier to either wait for the bad guy to come out of a house. Another option is to knock on the door and explain whats going on and give the residents options. Let them know they are now actively harboring a fugitive and get LE involved where they may be going to jail along with the bad guy.

The vast majority of folks once they understand whats going on allow us to either enter and effect a arrest or send the person out to us.

All these tv shows and the f*** ups they have on make the vast majority of us look stupid and or in a bad light.

Out of the few recovery only guys I know the only one I would work with is former LE. He makes his $ going after cases that are about to be forfeited to the court. That's when the Bail companies organic team cant catch the bad guy and they could be paying out what ever the bail amount was, any where from $5k to millions.

Now days its hard to make a living only doing recovery from what I have been told. Last 4 or 5 years have changed (I have been a Bail agent for 4 years) Because you only get paid if you catch the bad guy. So you can spend a week or more looking for the person and spend $ doing so and never catch the fugitive. Now not only did you not make $ but you spent weeks of your time looking and your own $ on top of that.

People don't understand that Bail fugitive recovery agents have more power then LE in certain areas when conducting a recovery. I always notify what ever jurisdiction im in dispatch to let them know we will be in the area or adress. 50% of the time they ask us if we would like cover officers. Depending on the area and the person we are after sometimes we say yes sometimes we don't feel we need them and don't want to waste there time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you to an extent. I will notify the cops, but that's it, they are more hassle than it's worth, mostly because the cops don't know about our powers.
I'm not sure where you work, but it's totally different here.  If I spend more than 5 minutes in the house, I'm fucked if I spend more than 5 minutes watching the house, I'm fucked.
If I give them the option to let me in,  they use the time to call the homies and I'm fucked.
Must be a different area.
I've also never heard of an agent getting paid before apprehension. If I told my boss that I was doing that, he would drug test me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If the person who was bonded out lives there or owns the property then he is correct, maybe even if the person who signed the bond owns or live the location. Look into the paperwork and the surrendering of many rights that happen when you get bonded out of jail or bond someone out. Does it mean bounty hunters can kick in doors or demand to enter the homes of random associates or relatives where the person they are looking for might be hiding, nope. Random homes near by, nope. Do some of them do it, probably. But that would be like cops making up PC to raid a house or search a car. A violation of either or both the civil code/criminal code.
View Quote
Specifically he was speaking of property where he believed the suspect to be.

And it may be legal but it's bad news.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very different from shooting a medic or firefighter.

More like shooting a private utility employee at the worst.

But strictly speaking the right of someone to be in a structure is unrelated to the right of the resident to defend it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Never met a bounty hunter that wasn't a criminal
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But strictly speaking the right of someone to be in a structure is unrelated to the right of the resident to defend it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in my state. Also if you are indeed harboring a fugitive, you lose castle law and stand your ground law. It's part of the whole "while committing a crime" thing.
And we wouldn't be there for you, how can you articulate that we were there to cause you harm, if we knocked the door and told you who we are there for (not you).
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Did they think they were cops or what?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top