User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hear you.  For me, shooting a 7.62x39 AK is just an occasional range trip activity.  I send much, much more 5.56 down range.

5.56 once fired brass is free for me, and once I’m at three load cycles, I have no problems letting go of it on the 4th.

But with 7.62x39 brass is not cheap or easily available.  So with the robust extraction on an AK, I don’t shoot very much brass case.  Mostly just use brass case to load premium stuff like Gold Dots.

So the several cases of 7.62x39 I’ve bought in the past couple weeks will round out my ammo fort to give me years of occasional AK range trips.

I’m wondering if the whole paradigm of “7.62x39 = cheap steel case” is going to be a of the past.

View Quote

7.62x39 SBR'd AR is my primary centerfire range rifle. I shoot it a lot , can't recall the last time I shot a 7.62 AK. Before that it was a 5.45x39 AR with 7N6, it was cheap to shoot a lot.  
Barrels/bolts/mags are super cheap to replace when ammo was .07/rnd for 5.45 versus .20/rnd for .223.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No shit. I bought another rifle instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't believe anyone here waited til this week to stock up.

No shit. I bought another rifle instead.

Double no shit. I have enough rifles and ammo for now. Instead I bought three shotguns this week.

A 28 gauge over-under fudd shotgun, more nimble for rabbits.

A new Remington 870 to see what the new company is putting out. So far so good.

And an early 40s Springfield 745 I might SBR.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The market is hardly free market as the gov is usually fucking it up....thats cool that you're cool with it though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who says price gouge about any product at any time in any place is a faggot of the utmost proportions.

The market is hardly free market as the gov is usually fucking it up....thats cool that you're cool with it though

So because the government plays games with supply, that means SG somehow owes you ammo at your chosen price, even if it's not his? That's like saying that since the government screwed with health care I need to give you IV fluids for McDonalds wages (or even for free) the next time you get a hangover.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well damn it. Now I have 4K rounds of 7.62x39 coming
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Has there been any confirmation that the existing Russian ammo contracts that had been allowed to continue with importation are going to be affected?

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has there been any confirmation that the existing Russian ammo contracts that had been allowed to continue with importation are going to be affected?

View Quote

It’s fair game to stop overnight regardless.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s fair game to stop overnight regardless.
View Quote

I don’t disagree…I was thinking about posting up a case I didn’t think I needed, but decided not to in case I can’t get anymore moving forward.  I’d rather keep it, at this point, until we know more.

I was just curious if anyone has seen any documentation/heard from a reliable source yet that confirms the existing supply being imported will FOR SURE be stopped.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is speculation at this point, but probably fairly reasonable speculation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don’t disagree…I was thinking about posting up a case I didn’t think I needed, but decided not to in case I can’t get anymore moving forward.  I’d rather keep it, at this point, until we know more.

I was just curious if anyone has seen any documentation/heard from a reliable source yet that confirms the existing supply being imported will FOR SURE be stopped.
View Quote

Today could potentially be the worst time in history to sell a case of 7.62
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Today could potentially be the worst time in history to sell a case of 7.62
View Quote

Most definitely!  It’s staying in place for now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume this is a real possibility along with it being expanded to cover more/all military items from Russia.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Sam has a Russian ammo offering available on the site again,  AND he's currently the cheapest x39 on ammoseek once you factor in the free shipping.   Do we love Sam again now?  

Oh, I like to call him Sam like we're best friends

ETA https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-russian-762x39-124-grain-fmj-bt-corrosive-primer-fact
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, I would pull stock and adjust my prices too. That's the free market.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hell, I would pull stock and adjust my prices too. That's the free market.
View Quote

You just passed the "am I a commie or not" test.   You're not
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sam has a Russian ammo offering available on the site again,  AND he's currently the cheapest x39 on ammoseek once you factor in the free shipping.   Do we love Sam again now?  

Oh, I like to call him Sam like we're best friends

ETA https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-russian-762x39-124-grain-fmj-bt-corrosive-primer-fact
View Quote

Corrosive case of 1k for $380?  Naw, hard pass.  You can still get Tulammo for not much more...
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top