Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 44
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CBS7 just said the bad guy shot himself.
View Quote
Wish he would have done that when he got out of bed yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CBS7 just said the bad guy shot himself.
View Quote
If that one twitter vid is accurate, sounded like he shot himself a lot
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wish he would have done that when he got out of bed yesterday.
View Quote
Would have made yesterday much better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If that one twitter vid is accurate, sounded like he shot himself a lot
View Quote
Oh he was extra deaded.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh he was extra deaded.
View Quote
True
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Repost of live stream https://www.cbs7.com/livestream
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Other than “the Agenda”, how is this a mass shooting?  Sounds like a traffic stop gone bad, real bad.  I’m sure this wasn’t planned, and if the shooter was known to police, what the heck was he doing out roaming the streets?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah so we can be statistics like the Midland folks.  Ask them how there doing (sorry insensitive comment)
Well just run a private background check before being wounded or murdered, before defending our lives.  How many variables must we evaluate before my family is exterminated or maimed for life?   When do I get to fear for my life?    I'm sure you'll capitulate to the murderers.
View Quote
On the previous page you called a guy a stupid fuck, now an 'ass h ole' - what the hell is your problem? Nobody is insinuating what you're suggesting. Do you know what that means?

CoC #6 ~MIAMI_JBT

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Other than "the Agenda", how is this a mass shooting?  Sounds like a traffic stop gone bad, real bad.  I'm sure this wasn't planned, and if the shooter was known to police, what the heck was he doing out roaming the streets?
View Quote
Depending on the source, 3-4 shot (not necessarily killed, including the perp) is now a mass shooting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
15 hours after the fact, and we still do not know much of anything.

View Quote
Why should we?
Is it not prudent to thoroughly investigate something before releasing information?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why should we?
Is it not prudent to thoroughly investigate something before releasing information?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why should we?
The public sees the difference. Some mass crimes, the information is released immediately and in others they hide it like in Las Vegas -- for political or economic reasons.

Here is his 'gold Toyota'

Here’s the scene where the shooter ditched the gold Toyota, Odessa police tell us. Someone was killed here, but they can’t confirm who.

Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]
From the link..."According to OPD, the suspect shot at civilians on East Loop 338 and I-20 before they stole a U.S. Postal Service vehicle and continued the shooting spree."

Just a typo?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From the link..."According to OPD, the suspect shot at civilians on East Loop 338 and I-20 before they stole a U.S. Postal Service vehicle and continued the shooting spree."

Just a typo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just a typo?
Huh?

“They” doesn’t always mean multiple people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just a typo?
View Quote
I'm not real sure. On the live stream they keep showing a white truck surrounded in crime scene tape that they think may have been involved also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Huh?

"They" doesn't always mean multiple people.
View Quote
I'm hoping the press conference coming up at 12 local time will clear somethings up. They have a few different vehicles to investigate and that may include multiple people also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why should we?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
15 hours after the fact, and we still do not know much of anything.

Why should we?
I think the point is that any other time the media and politicians are in a race to point out all the details, even the fake news, to immediately start pushing agendas and capitalizing on bleeding hearts. When we don't see a reaction like this from the usual media and political suspects then, like clockwork, we know that there is something more to this and it doesn't quite fit the narrative/agenda they want to push. Hence my Vegas comment.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think the point is that any other time the media and politicians are in a race to point out all the details, even the fake news, to immediately start pushing agendas and capitalizing on bleeding hearts. When we don't see a reaction like this from the usual media and political suspects then, like clockwork, we know that there is something more to this and it doesn't quite fit the narrative/agenda they want to push. Hence my Vegas comment.
View Quote
Lets get through the next presser and then decide if things are screwy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just a typo?
View Quote
they can be a singular pronoun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#19]
wrong thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm now leaning illegal alien and the FBI and ATF are having to create citizenship papers and past REPUBLICAN voting records to hide the fact.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Other than “the Agenda”, how is this a mass shooting?  Sounds like a traffic stop gone bad, real bad.  I’m sure this wasn’t planned, and if the shooter was known to police, what the heck was he doing out roaming the streets?
View Quote
With the current criminal justice system, I’d imagine there are many just like him or worse roaming the streets everyday.

The media agenda will always be to spin it with “if only criminals didn’t have access to these types of weapons” as a way of pushing gun control on everyone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With the current criminal justice system, I’d imagine there are many just like him or worse roaming the streets everyday.

The media agenda will always be to spin it with “if only criminals didn’t have access to these types of weapons” as a way of pushing gun control on everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah because the criminal is just a victim of a gun laden society.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I do not care what kind of gun was used in this crime (other than knowing that the media will use it against us.)!
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah because the criminal is just a victim of the evil influence of a gun a gun laden society.
View Quote
/sarcasm
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a typo?
Huh?

Hey, now....we don’t want to rush and assume the gender the suspect identifies as, do we?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to Houston.  The DA here, Kim Ogg, has been giving violent offenders a free pass since day one of her tenure. Their propensity to be involved in repeat offenses surprises no one, but hey they are just victims of the system and white racism.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Something is fucky
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#28]
The delay in the release of the name sure would make it easier to scrub social media accounts.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Playing catch up, do they know who the shooter is?  Haven't seen anything on that, not even on the Brit papers.  To me that is somewhat telling....
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Playing catch up, do they know who the shooter is?  Haven't seen anything on that, not even on the Brit papers.  To me that is somewhat telling....
View Quote
The police should know who the shooter was. There should be a press conference at noon local time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Did they catch the second suspect overnight?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
ABC2 is saying there was only one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm now leaning illegal alien and the FBI and ATF are having to create citizenship papers and past REPUBLICAN voting records to hide the fact.
View Quote
Nothing is beyond reason anymore
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, last I had read last night they were still talking about a second one
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well CBS7 has been saying the police have been investigating an oilfield truck that may have something to do with this.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There are, and they regularly shoot multiple people. Statistically speaking, it's a regular occurrence to have a "mass shooting" when the definition is 4+ people shot in one event. Basically happens every day or two in many big cities. Looking at you, Chicago...

However, if the shooter and the victims are black for example... media doesn't care at all and it hardly gets reported. If it's "just" a gang shooting, it hardly gets reported. If it's a known criminal on parole or an illegal border jumper, it hardly gets reported.

It's frustrating that the perspective gets so damn twisted only when certain circumstances exist.

Quoted:
The police should know who the shooter was. There should be a press conference at noon local time.
I look forward to having more concrete information. This whole thing was just so messed up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, my State excuses Abbott advocating for gun control after a shooting, or someone feeling he's solid enough despite that to stand with him (figuratively, anyways).  Uh, huh.  Sure.

California's gun control regimen, in any case, was solidified before I was even old enough to vote.  Even so, I actually volunteered and did work to try and fight our more recent gun laws.  I think some of you folks in TX take the status quo for granted.  Political trends don't justify such an attitude, unfortunately.

I actually do care what happens to Texas (and any other free State, really).  Texas is on my short list of States to which I would consider moving once I'm able to leave California.
View Quote
It would help to maybe understand the nuances of Texas politics.  The legislative session just ended and will not reconvene until 2021.  Meanwhile the legislators will be home, living and working with their constituents.  It was set up that way on purpose.

Governor Abbott can say lots of things that may be “timely” or even “politically expedient for an entire year.  Because no laws will be written, changed or otherwise until 2021.  Lots of time for the political winds to change and priorities to shift.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last night when I went to get supper there were DPS vehicles everywhere. I saw three  with lights, sirens on hauling ass westbound on 8th st around Grandview.

ETA
This was around 7:00 pm.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There are, and they regularly shoot multiple people. Statistically speaking, it's a regular occurrence to have a "mass shooting" when the definition is 4+ people shot in one event. Basically happens every day or two in many big cities. Looking at you, Chicago...

However, if the shooter and the victims are black for example... media doesn't care at all and it hardly gets reported. If it's "just" a gang shooting, it hardly gets reported. If it's a known criminal on parole or an illegal border jumper, it hardly gets reported.

It's frustrating that the perspective gets so damn twisted only when certain circumstances exist.

I look forward to having more concrete information. This whole thing was just so messed up.
View Quote
The other convenient thing about using the 4+ definition is that you can get breathless retards saying “there have been 10,087 mass shootings this year!!! Won’t somebody think of the children.?!?”
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are you always like this, or do current events just have you feeling a bit emotional?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So stupid fuck says I have to get permission when bad guy (s) start firing on
my vehicle, while traveling with my family, on any local, state, or interstate hiways?  Ban yourself now before facing more public humiliation.
No one said you have to get permission. Real life isn't a movie, and lots of variables are at play. Grow up.
Yeah so we can be statistics like the Midland folks.  Ask them how there doing (sorry insensitive comment)
Well just run a private background check before being wounded or murdered, before defending our lives.  How many variables must we evaluate before my family is exterminated or maimed for life?   When do I get to fear for my life?  Ass hol e.  I'm sure you'll capitulate to the murderers.
Are you always like this, or do current events just have you feeling a bit emotional?
Just FYI, not all kansan's are like that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Last night when I went to get supper there were DPS vehicles everywhere. I saw three  with lights, sirens on hauling ass westbound on 8th st around Grandview.
View Quote
They were chasing a blue ford at one point. That could have been it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#43]
5 dead?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It would help to maybe understand the nuances of Texas politics.  The legislative session just ended and will not reconvene until 2021.  Meanwhile the legislators will be home, living and working with their constituents.  It was set up that way on purpose.

Governor Abbott can say lots of things that may be "timely" or even "politically expedient for an entire year.  Because no laws will be written, changed or otherwise until 2021.  Lots of time for the political winds to change and priorities to shift.
View Quote
Quoted for emphasis. It was said before. Needs to be said again. Texas will not get any new laws until 2021 and this won't even be on the radar by then.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Two things stand out to me. One is that the shooter was known to police, and two that there were two troopers in the patrol vehicle that attempted to pull him over. Now I haven’t lived in Texas in a few years and maybe things have changed, but I never saw more than one Trooper riding in a DPS marked patrol vehicle.

Maybe this guy that was known to police was under surveillance and this was a planned arrest by using the “pull him over for a traffic violation” ruse that the police sometimes use to arrest someone they have been surveilling. That would explain why the 2 troopers in the vehicle.

Then the traffic stop goes to shit when he starts shooting at them before stopping and the guy then proceeds to go on a shooting rampage in traffic while fleeing. If this was a planned take down of a criminal under investigation then this is going to cause a bit of a sticky situation for the DPS and a lot of questions and second guessing by the media.

Maybe they need time to figure out how to lay it all out for the public to not make it look like the cop’s fault. And I’m not saying it was their fault that this guy went full retard when they tried to pull him over.

Of course this is just speculation on my part but it’s the only thing I can figure so far tha makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
5 dead?
View Quote
Up to 7 now

Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Two things stand out to me. One is that the shooter was known to police, and two that there were two troopers in the patrol vehicle that attempted to pull him over. Now I haven’t lived in Texas in a few years and maybe things have changed, but I never saw more than one Trooper riding in a DPS marked patrol vehicle.

Maybe this guy that was known to police was under surveillance and this was a planned arrest by using the “pull him over for a traffic violation” ruse that the police sometimes use to arrest someone they have been surveilling. That would explain why the 2 troopers in the vehicle.

Then the traffic stop goes to shit when he starts shooting at them before stopping and the guy then proceeds to go on a shooting rampage in traffic while fleeing. If this was a planned take down of a criminal under investigation then this is going to cause a bit of a sticky situation for the DPS and a lot of questions and second guessing by the media.

Maybe they need time to figure out how to lay it all out for the public to not make it look like the cop’s fault. And I’m not saying it was their fault that this guy went full retard when they tried to pull him over.

Of course this is just speculation on my part but it’s the only thing I can figure so far tha makes sense.
View Quote
This scenario makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
An interesting theory, and it would make perfect sense. What I can't stand is when people do shooting like this, and other heinous crimes, and you later find out that they should have been in jail but are out due to relaxed laws or SJW prosecutors.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is this the second mass shooting or a new third one in Texas the last few weeks ... I've been out of the news cycle for 10-days.
View Quote
This and El Paso are all I can think of right now.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top