BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/14/2023 9:13:04 PM EDT

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you aloud to open/concealed carry into the fairground?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hamas?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I know you used to be able to conceal carry with a LTC. Not sure about this year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Not this shit again…
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Unverified.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. You have to check in with an officer at the entrance and let him know you're carrying. They may or may not ask for your LTC.

ETA: missed the quote
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone dropped a Sig?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hamas?
View Quote

disrespectamas
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]
50/50 it's terror vs. the regular.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know you used to be able to conceal carry with a LTC. Not sure about this year.
View Quote

We had one shooting in Oklahoma City state fair grounds this past September. (Kid had a handgun) Originally the press was saying they think there was a breach in the fence line. I'd say the new scanners suck donkey bawls.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hamas?
View Quote

Jadarius Hamas maybe.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve been going to the State Fair of Texas since I was in diapers.  There used to be Dallas PD cops everywhere on foot, motors, golf carts, and deer stands.  They were always exceptionally friendly and professional.   Fair park is surrounded by hood.  

Nowadays.  You don’t go to the fair after dark because of reasons.  

Dallas PD has done an amazing job over the years keeping the fair goers safe.  Staffing levels have been low as a result of BLM.  

This will continue to get worse.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, there was an eclipse today, and in olden days, blood sacrifices were made.......

But seriously, probably local gangbangers or jealous lovers.

JMHO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Someone dropped a Sig?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Dallas has gone to shit. Probably gang activity.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes. You have to check in with an officer at the entrance and let him know you're carrying. They may or may not ask for your LTC.

ETA: missed the quote
View Quote

I guess even with Texas being constitutional carry they are only allowing ltc holders to carry?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Smart people don’t go to Dallas after the sun goes down.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I guess even woth Texas being constitutional carry they are only allowing ltc holders to carry?
View Quote

Yeah, some private land bullshit loophole.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Has to be done quietly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’ve been going to the State Fair of Texas since I was in diapers.  There used to be Dallas PD cops everywhere on foot, motors, golf carts, and deer stands.  They were always exceptionally friendly and professional.   Fair park is surrounded by hood.  

Dallas PD has done an amazing job over the years keeping the fair goers safe.  Staffing levels have been low as a result of BLM.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This ^^^^^

Quoted:
Dallas has gone to shit. Probably gang activity.

And this ^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
50/50 it's terror vs. the regular.
View Quote
The regular may as well be considered a terrorist organization at this point.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hamas?
View Quote

My money is on “Never-Trumpers”.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same with our local fair in the past. You couldn’t go 20 feet without seeing an officer. Now the rule of thumb is “don’t go after dark”.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Lefties on X are losing their minds and blaming this on Abbott already. You are supposed to show your LTC to an officer at the gate when you enter the fair. Reports from some on X are they were ignoring the scanners when people were entering. Fair Park has been a dangerous place for 50 years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Smart people don’t go to Dallas after the sun goes down.
View Quote

Shit.

I party evenings in Dallas about once every couple months. Fantastic live music scene. Safe as houses.

The state fair has always been shady and there are parts of dallas where you might oughta be alert. There's no place I would would call dangerous. Even the hood bars aren't a threat to life and limb.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]
We just made it out of the fair

Now walking to the car.  Because of the evac we ended up on the wrong side and have to foot it around the outside to get to where we parked

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We just made it out of the fair

Now walking to the car.  Because of the evac we ended up on the wrong side and have to foot it around the outside to get to where we parked

View Quote

That sucks. What’s the word on the street?

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn’t go to the fair unarmed. It’s in a shit part of town, and it’s an absolute madhouse of people.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That sucks. What’s the word on the street?

Stay safe.
View Quote

We were in the rodeo when they announced active shooter and this was the safest place to be.    We stayed until told to get out
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Four victims, suspect in custody, Dallas, gonna assume horses instead of zebras from those hoofbeats
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Food court?

Paging Eli Dicken..........
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#38]
nvm
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you are allowed to carry concealed into the fair if you have a license, I've done it multiple times over the years. Straight from the website "A person holding a valid Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), or a valid handgun license from a reciprocating state, is permitted to enter the Fair with his or her concealed handgun, provided that he or she thereafter fully complies with all applicable laws." They do prohibit open carry however. Given the part of Dallas that it's in I would never go unarmed, DPD and other LE agencies have always had a big presence at the fairgrounds but they can't be everywhere and the walk back to where you parked can be sketchy if you aren't in a main lot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I hear and see all these stories about gang violence at state fairs. It’s scary, but I think it’s encouraging that these gang members are taking an interest in livestock, agriculture and farm crafts that the fairs are all about.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We were in the rodeo when they announced active shooter and this was the safest place to be.    We stayed until told to get out
View Quote

When didnt you swoop in and eliminate the threat.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yes you are allowed to carry concealed into the fair if you have a license, I've done it multiple times over the years. Straight from the website "A person holding a valid Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), or a valid handgun license from a reciprocating state, is permitted to enter the Fair with his or her concealed handgun, provided that he or she thereafter fully complies with all applicable laws." They do prohibit open carry however. Given the part of Dallas that it's in I would never go unarmed, DPD and other LE agencies have always had a big presence at the fairgrounds but they can't be everywhere and the walk back to where you parked can be sketchy if you aren't in a main lot.
View Quote

I was being in GD mode and joking about doing it quietly since he asked if it was “aloud.”
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Just great, gonna be there next weekend with family showing livestock
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I don’t go in that part of Dallas without a full size handgun a clambered round, standard size mag in the gun, and two spare magazines. It is one of the few times I use as holder holster.

The State Fair is located in a sporty neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I hear and see all these stories about gang violence at state fairs. It’s scary, but I think it’s encouraging that these gang members are taking an interest in livestock, agriculture and farm crafts that the fairs are all about.
View Quote

Keep your head on a swivel on the midway after dark.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I didn't even know there was a fair here this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife wanted to go. I told her I didn’t really want to but if she really wanted to we would go when it opens and leave by 3 pm.

Doubt she’ll want to go now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Isn't this pretty much a standard occurrence these days in most US city gatherings?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Isn't this pretty much a standard occurrence these days in most US city gatherings?
View Quote

No, not really.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top