Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the article they site no trigger tab safety being the problem. Ok so which is it? Did it spontaneously fire or was the trigger pulled.

Also doesn't Sig offer the 320 in both a safety and non safety version? Also why aren't NDs happening left and right at the Sig Academy? I've been there many times and never heard of or saw anyone have an ND which seems odd because their class loaner guns are pretty beat to shit and used every day.
View Quote

The argument being used in court now is that the "trigger is too light" - they keep pivoting and blaming different things
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn’t own one and I own SIGs. They should’ve just stayed with the tried and true (and safe) SP2022 and developed it further. Dumb.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they should go back to double action revolvers, ha
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The .mil carries them worldwide daily with no problems.
The USAF doesn’t use the safety so don’t state that is a difference.
View Quote

The Army version has a thumb safety. The AF version is issued to officers and is carried Israeli.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Army version has a thumb safety. The AF version is issued to officers and is carried Israeli.
View Quote

Condition 3?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
How has the ATF not regulated the 320 as a machine gun yet?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The .mil also carries with an empty chamber.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shitty holsters and poor wpns handling.  

Obligatory "USAF isnt the military" joke aside.

Unless there has been a major policy change in the 10 years I've been out, there are a few thousand people in the USAF that carry a p320 with one in the chamber daily.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#8]
In before the still capture of the cop ND with his finger on the trigger and said it went off by itself?

lol, at the Sig hate and their ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of all the horror stories about Sudden Unintended Acceleration, where the victims swore they were standing on the brake pedal and the car kept accelerating.
Just people doing dumb people stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Unless there has been a major policy change in the 10 years I've been out, there are a few thousand people in the USAF that carry a p320 with one in the chamber daily.

View Quote

When do they get ammo? Right before a range? I was infantry for 10 years and we only got ammo right before a range or on deployments.

It is USAF SOP to carry in what condition? Are you talking security forces or MPs? Gate guards? I would assume they would have their weapons in condition 1.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When do they get ammo? Right before a range? I was infantry for 10 years and we only got ammo right before a range or on deployments.

It is USAF SOP to carry in what condition?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Security Forces.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Air Force Security Forces.

I was infantry for 12 years and knew that my first enlistment.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would assume even gate guards are in condition 1 though. I would assume all MPs, MAs and Security Forces are in condition 1. I don’t think that is unique to Air Force.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would assume even gate guards are in condition 1 though. I would assume all MPs, MAs and Security Forces are in condition 1. I don’t think that is unique to Air Force.
View Quote

You can assume, but army gate guards aren't, unless they're MPs or DA Security. I can't speak for the latter, but we were required to be amber while on guard at the gates. SOP changes all the time, so who knows which base operates at what security posture or carry condition.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Having been through the P320 armorers course

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was responding to:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's a video of a plain clothes police officer getting out is a car and his p320 fires. It's not a high quality video but the guy just exits the back of a car and his holstered gun fires
View Quote

Is this the one where they were using the modified holsters instead of purchasing model specific ones and the seat belt was able to wedge into the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You can assume, but army gate guards aren't, unless they're MPs or DA Security. I can't speak for the latter, but we were required to be amber while on guard at the gates. SOP changes all the time, so who knows which base operates at what security posture or carry condition.
View Quote

Interesting. I have a few buddies who are gate guards. I will ask. It is all contract gate guards where I work. The majority of on base police are civilian too. There is a small MP unit.

Not including gate guards then, I would assume all military police forces carry in condition 1. On Pendleton, and the vast majority of USMC bases, it is almost all MPs, to save money. They are in condition 1
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#19]
If it's not an issue with the gun itself, then why does this keep coming up?  You don't hear the same stories with other handguns.  At least not to the same extent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

@Natty_Bumppo - I've never taken one apart. What safety features prevents it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interesting. I have a few buddies who are gate guards. I will ask. It is all contract gate guards where I work. The majority of on base police are civilian too. There is a small MP unit.

Not including gate guards then, I would assume all military police forces carry in condition 1. On Pendleton, and the vast majority of USMC bases, it is almost all MPs, to save money. They are in condition 1
View Quote

Our SOP was written by post command and signed by the Corps commander with oversight by the post DA security office. I'm sure the situation is similar at other posts. Nobody at our post over the 3.5 years I did gate guard (as a red cycle task) were allowed to carry condition 1 and that was with the M9. Most had empty magazines and the live ammo was strictly controlled.

Like I said, it could be different since the last time I did it in 2017 or at different posts. A lot has happened in 6 years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If it's not an issue with the gun itself, then why does this keep coming up?  You don't hear the same stories with other handguns.  At least not to the same extent.
View Quote

If it is an issue with the gun, why isn't the problem replicated and repeatable?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

There is a video that breaks down and shows how the internal safeties work. Gun won't go off without the trigger being pulled.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How has the ATF not regulated the 320 as a machine gun yet?
View Quote

Whoa now
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have seen 3 people ND from an M9 into their leg. Saw a guy shoot himself with an M4 into his foot. They all required the trigger to be pulled.

I am not an Sig fanboy or even own a P320 of any flavor. I do have a hard time thinking these weapons are firing without the trigger being pulled. It is obviously not an intentional trigger pull. Could be getting snagged somehow. I know the drop safety was a concern. That part is a little sketchy. It was reproduced by several people in several different ways. My guess, there are LEOs having NDs by several different variables and blaming the gun because it is an easy out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A negligent discharge is a serious policy violation and can result in significant discipline to include termination.

Therefore the pistol just went off by itself.
View Quote

What?     You've never had a desk pop?  
We've all had a desk pop!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Is this firing malfunction just for the P320? I was curious if the P365 had any issues like this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Why is it that the gun community cannot reduplicate this issue or demonstrate how the failure is taking place?  If it was just "going off" the internet would be all over this like Dropgate showing how if you jiggle the pistol or bump the pistol in a certain way it will just go off.

Quoted:

I have seen 3 people ND from an M9 into their leg. Saw a guy shoot himself with an M4 into his foot. They all required the trigger to be pulled.

I am not an Sig fanboy or even own a P320 of any flavor. I do have a hard time thinking these weapons are firing without the trigger being pulled. It is obviously not an intentional trigger pull. Could be getting snagged somehow. I know the drop safety was a concern. That part is a little sketchy. It was reproduced by several people in several different ways. My guess, there are LEOs having NDs by several different variables and blaming the gun because it is an easy out.
View Quote

The inventive to lie is very high and say "oh it just went off" because saying you caused the ND because your jacket was in the holster or your finger was on the trigger while holstering could make you responsible for the outcome versus Sig.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#29]
@1975 your thread is a dupe:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/NY-Post-Another-hit-job-on-P320s--/5-2646973/

Why copy/paste the entire article when:

1 - ... it leaves Arfcom open-to potential legal issues with the publisher
2 -The NY Post is at least halfway conservative in a den of inequity and in need of the page views and cpms.
3 - ... it's basically thievery to steal the entire column - fair use dictates a link and excerpt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why is it that the gun community cannot reduplicate this issue or demonstrate how the failure is taking place?  If it was just "going off" the internet would be all over this like Dropgate showing how if you jiggle the pistol or bump the pistol in a certain way it will just go off.
View Quote
It may be a QC issue and not all are affected.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
According to the lawsuit, about 100 of them.

Let's not ignore the drop safety failures when they were first released. Drop safeties were perfected in revolvers eons ago, so do not act like this was some new technology they were implementing.
View Quote

So, the lawsuit says they can make the weapon fire without pulling the trigger? Not the drop safety thing, but put a condition 1 P320 in a duty holster and it will just fire?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is this firing malfunction just for the P320? I was curious if the P365 had any issues like this.
View Quote

Both of them fire when the trigger is pulled.

I'm not aware of any claims with the P365 of "just going off".
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It may be a QC issue and not all are affected.
View Quote

Yeah it could but I still have not see it reduplicated even with the effected guns.  If the guns in question can just go off why has no one shown look if I do this boom it drops the striker.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah it could but I still have not see it reduplicated even with the effected guns.  If the guns in question can just go off why has no one shown look if I do this boom it drops the striker.
View Quote
I agree with you. I remember a long time ago folks saying it happened with Glock but never saw any replications. I "think" the consensus on that was it takes a very special scenario to happen. I may be wrong, it was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wouldn't own one and I own SIGs. They should've just stayed with the tried and true (and safe) SP2022 and developed it further. Dumb.
View Quote
I carry a P320 every day.

IWB in a holster that completely covers the trigger.

OWB in a holster that completely covers the trigger.

No external safety.

Round in the chamber.

No ND.

Just anecdotal, but I pay attention when I holster the weapon, regardless of which one I am carrying (also carry an sub-compact XD or a double-stack .45 every now and again).
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pending evidence that thus far doesn’t exist, this is a very reasonable assumption.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
“I had holstered my duty weapon, tucked it away when we heard a pop."

There is always more to the story, like what hooked the trigger as it was holstered.  A finger, shirt, jacket, something that was inside the trigger guard as it was pushed into the holster.
View Quote

June even in NYS is quite unlikely to be wearing a jacket.

Edit, I guess if drawing from a concealed jacket was part of the exercises then the likelihood goes up.  (I recalled we did such training as we worked plainclothes and uniform and ahem it does rain in June, so I shot too quick perhaps)
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There's a video of a plain clothes police officer getting out is a car and his p320 fires. It's not a high quality video but the guy just exits the back of a car and his holstered gun fires
View Quote

Didn't you nuke your thread about this same topic when it was pointed out in a frame still that it was an officer's finger and not the gun itself?

Not trying to call you out but you seem rather wanting to trash the 320 a lot more than it deserves
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm sure this guy's chamber is empty...

*the stupidity here shouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Amazing how I’ve done run and guns and other pretty intense stuff with mine and have never been shot…….

Strange.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#42]
The highest likelihood of having an ND occurs during holstering and unholstering a weapon. Everyone knows that. The claims that these weapons are firing, when holstered, with no manipulation of the trigger, with no type of outside debris in the holster, are simply not believable.

Sig opened the door to this with the drop safety recall. The P320 has had a stigma ever since and allows for a scapegoat when stupid people do stupid things. Sure, accidents happen, hence why they are accidental discharges. The P320 stigma just allows for people to not have to take responsibility for their actions.

Watch Taurus 24/7 pistol fire just by being shaken
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#43]
+ P320 has a ledge to block the striker

+ P320 has a detent that retains the striker

- P320 trigger retracts those safeties with very little movement

- P320 striker is always fully tensioned
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Amazing how I’ve done run and guns and other pretty intense stuff with mine and have never been shot…….

Strange.
View Quote

I had over 220+ hours of classes, instructor/shooting courses and training last year alone. That isn't including my time on the range instructing others. Vast majority of that time with different models of Glocks and P320's, with a sprinkle of M&P's. Zero extra holes in me or anyone else carrying a P320. No ND's either. Weird!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Strange.
View Quote

Right?

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The argument being used in court now is that the "trigger is too light" - they keep pivoting and blaming different things
View Quote

Whatever the cause......the number of incidents are occurring.  

What are the contributing factors?  Likely all of them!

holster gaps
sweet pulling light trigger
narrow trigger guard
user induced issues like not watching jacket tails, pull cords etc.

whether it’s the users own fault or not the agencies, the gun maker and the holster makers have to address it to get the numbers to statistically near zero.

It’s no good to say it’s a training issue to lay blame and still have the problem.  Personally I am guessing the trigger is to light for the degree of protection it has.  I’d really put my guess on it’s getting defeated right with an inadvertent trigger pull if they cannot replicate the issue.  

Now fix that.  Active mechanical safety, widen the trigger guard a lot, increase the trigger pull weight.  Whichever it takes to fix the issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Reminds me of all the horror stories about Sudden Unintended Acceleration, where the victims swore they were standing on the brake pedal and the car kept accelerating.
Just people doing dumb people stuff.
View Quote

The floor mat?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t own one and I own SIGs. They should’ve just stayed with the tried and true (and safe) SP2022 and developed it further. Dumb.
View Quote

It's hard to inadvertently pull a 10lb trigger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the article they site no trigger tab safety being the problem. Ok so which is it? Did it spontaneously fire or was the trigger pulled.

Also doesn't Sig offer the 320 in both a safety and non safety version? Also why aren't NDs happening left and right at the Sig Academy? I've been there many times and never heard of or saw anyone have an ND which seems odd because their class loaner guns are pretty beat to shit and used every day.

I have a Wilson 320 with the optional grey guns flat trigger.  Which is really light and has alot of leverage. It's in a safariland gls holster.

When this started hitting the news. I started keeping it cocked, empty chamber in its holster with a mag in it while out and a out on our farm. It's been bounced around in the bed of my side by side or hung in my tractor for easily over a hundred hours. I've yet to find that it's fired itself.

I did have a Savage 110 brand new that would go click if you thumped its butt on the floor before I fixed it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
The FCU is a non-safety variant, so probably much more common. SIG Academy is doing a lot here in Florida, and same thing, I’m not seeing P320s develop a mind of their own at the classes I’m attending.

ETA I do believe the P320 is far less forgiving of stupid than a Glock, and that’s definitely saying something.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top