Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Today: StevenH vs StevenH
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've also seen videos of the 320 firing when dropped or struck with a hard object. Glocks use a trigger safety to prevent this. Sig tried to tried to "fix" it by replacing the triggers of some (not all affected) 320s.

Why you playing ignorant? You're better informed than this

Quoted:

No mechanical device will prevent all stupidity, obviously.

Not really.  He's clearly talking about two possibly separate issues.

I'm not saying the 320 "mystery firing" doesn't fall under the second one. Hopefully testing will tell the truth.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not saying the 320 "mystery firing" doesn't fall under the second one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've also seen videos of the 320 firing when dropped or struck with a hard object. Glocks use a trigger safety to prevent this. Sig tried to tried to "fix" it by replacing the triggers of some (not all affected) 320s.

Quoted:

No, I’m just fucking around.

This whole part of the thread is dumb specifically because the drop safety thing seems to have fuck and all with what the thread is attempting to actually discuss.

Also, let’s contrast the two separate issues. The drop safety thing is completely understood and easily replicated as has been done and discussed ad nauseum.

Whatever phantom discharges are being alleged here have none of that. Or if it’s been demonstrated in such ways, I’d love to see it, because thus far I’ve seen none. If it’s real I’d love to see it and learn.

Edit; and to be clear I’m not saying you said the opposite of anything above, I’m just giving my .02 while I’m back here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ve also seen videos of the 320 firing when dropped or struck with a hard object. Glocks use a trigger safety to prevent this. Sig tried to tried to “fix” it by replacing the triggers of some (not all affected) 320s.

Why you playing ignorant? You’re better informed than this

Quoted:

Different types of failures. The trigger safety prevents inertia from pulling the trigger. You can still ND a gun with a trigger safety of course. It just won’t go off from sudden impacts like some 320s.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If it's not an issue with the gun itself, then why does this keep coming up?  You don't hear the same stories with other handguns.  At least not to the same extent.
View Quote

Remember the FNS 40 same shit
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Yup that video show everything in such close high detail that you can even see the pistol in the holster and that nothing was anywhere near the pistol, even the person.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Why did the Glock dingus not prevent Glock Leg?

Then why are you arguing to protect the stupidity of others?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, I'm just fucking around.

This whole part of the thread is dumb specifically because the drop safety thing seems to have fuck and all with what the thread is attempting to actually discuss.

Also, let's contrast the two separate issues. The drop safety thing is completely understood and easily replicated as has been done and discussed ad nauseum.

Whatever phantom discharges are being alleged here have none of that. Or if it's been demonstrated in such ways, I'd love to see it, because thus far I've seen none. If it's real I'd love to see it and learn.

Edit; and to be clear I'm not saying you said the opposite of anything above, I'm just giving my .02 while I'm back here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, let's contrast the two separate issues. The drop safety thing is completely understood and easily replicated as has been done and discussed ad nauseum.

Whatever phantom discharges are being alleged here have none of that. Or if it's been demonstrated in such ways, I'd love to see it, because thus far I've seen none. If it's real I'd love to see it and learn.

Edit; and to be clear I'm not saying you said the opposite of anything above, I'm just giving my .02 while I'm back here.
It's all good, and I agree.

I would love to see some of the archived posts and who made them calling BS about the drop firing before it was proven though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ve also seen videos of the 320 firing when dropped or struck with a hard object. Glocks use a trigger safety to prevent this. Sig tried to tried to “fix” it by replacing the triggers of some (not all affected) 320s.

Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Different types of failures. The trigger safety prevents inertia from pulling the trigger. You can still ND a gun with a trigger safety of course. It just won’t go off from sudden impacts like some 320s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you arguing drop and then discharge or are you arguing when a cop puts a hole in their leg?

Adding the drop discharge issue was ONLY at a particular height and at a particular angle to cause enough inertia of the old style trigger to move back.

You are smarter than this, don't play ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It also seems to help avoid uncommanded firing due to holster and garment issues. The same with debris getting into a holster.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

I’m just shedding the light of truth on the topic.

The fact is that some 320s will discharge without anything touching the trigger. But we have people who know that to be true who continue to pretend otherwise.

Hopefully the exact numbers will come out in discovery.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would love to see some of the archived posts and who made them calling BS about the drop firing before it was proven though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably the same people who now claim the “drop firing” (inertia actually) has been fixed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The fact is that some 320s will discharge without anything touching the trigger. But we have people who know that to be true who continue to pretend otherwise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Are you mixing drop discharge with cop shooting a hole in their leg?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you arguing drop and then discharge or are you arguing when a cop puts a hole in their leg?

Adding the drop discharge issue was ONLY at a particular height and at a particular angle to cause enough inertia of the old style trigger to move back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

My “argument” has always been the 320 will only fire when the trigger moves to the rear. That there are an unknown number of guns that will do so as a result of a drop, fall, toss, impact, because Sig never did a recall.

It’s a lie to say it’s only from a certain height or at a certain angle. A sufficient blow the the back of the gun provides enough inertia to fire some 320s.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

What do you mean mixing? In an unknown number of cases the “drop” issue resulted in injuries. Putting the affected guns in a holster did not prevent the inertia discharges.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My “argument” has always been the 320 will only fire when the trigger moves to the rear. That there are an unknown number of guns that will do so as a result of a drop, fall, toss, impact, because Sig never did a recall.

It’s a lie to say it’s only from a certain height or at a certain angle. A sufficient blow the the back of the gun provides enough inertia to fire some 320s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The pre-upgraded 320s would fire if dropped from a certain height and at the angle that would have the gun land on the beavertail to induce the inertia movement, mind you a test procedure not done normally.

The blow to the back with a mallet still required to hit at the right angle. Facts and all that. Basic physics.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The pre-upgraded 320s would fire if dropped from a certain height and at the angle that would have the gun land on the beavertail to induce the inertia movement, mind you a test procedure not done normally.

The blow to the back with a mallet still required to hit at the right angle. Facts and all that. Basic physics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or apparently taking off your gun belt and tossing it into your locker or the bed of your truck. The gun doesn’t care. Just needs enough energy transferred to the right part of the gun.

How many non “upgraded” 320s are there in the USA? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Hopefully we find out in discovery
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How many hunting shootings are actually negligence vs "negligence"?
View Quote

Negligence of an AD/ND added to the negligence of pointing a gun at someone when better muzzle discipline was needed.

lots of BS stories are attempted and I’ve picked a few a part and got to the real truth.  People try to gloss over their mistakes, it’s human nature.

very common, half the time the lies fall apart because the party is covering for some relative felon that shouldn’t have had a gun to begin with.
it’s not always boiled down to one factor, it’s usually contributing factors, with some bigger than others.

Gun mechanical problems are very low on the list but it happens.  A couple incidents with people hunting with cheap guns with broken plastic trigger guards.  A couple lever guns that managed to snag the hammer and fire without catching on a hammer shelf.  

Muzzle discipline is a very common major issue, otherwise it’s a noise event not an oh shit John’s been shot incident.

Fatigue, unfamiliarity with the particular firearm, frozen cold hands that slipped, tripped, slipped, snagged gun on brush.  

Then you have light/ time of day, weather, activities, experience.   10 page report was just for starters (expandable) with all the details that may have been a factor.

Anyways, “it just went off” like most of you, I am pretty skeptical.   I know jack schitt about the 320 but I focus on the human, holster, gun interface.   My best guess is that trigger is getting tripped more or less as it was designed.  If that is the case, the next step is to analyze the why.  Can Sig fans just say every person who had a 320 discharge in a holster is a negligent dumbass?  That is certainly a possibility but that is a short sighted approach.

The gun may be a 100% mechanically fine but lack enough margin to not accidentally or negligently activate the trigger,    Sure it’s not walking around with a cocked revolver or single action race gun but something is supposedly happening.  I have shot one just once so I won’t judge the gun much, I liked it, it felt great in my hand.  Just maybe the trigger is too short, light, nice for the LCD or too short and light for cheap ill fitting holsters.

Not my job nor my worry but I bet there are some agency firearms training guys that are trying to assess it, especially if their agency had an incident.

and yes there are people in the military and police service that make me cringe for my safety when the guns come out.  Same as 87% of arfcom.  Everybody thinks their shit don’t stink though.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]
People loved to hate on berettas, but when they are on safe they are about as safe as it gets. The trigger is disconnected, the hammer is fully de-cocked, half of the two part firing pin is swiveled out of alignment (and covered by the lowered hammer), and the part still in line with the primer is locked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a custom P320. I highly doubt it will fire on its own. We will when I get it later this year.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What do you mean mixing? In an unknown number of cases the “drop” issue resulted in injuries. Putting the affected guns in a holster did not prevent the inertia discharges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

So what was the cop doing when the gun went off?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

“The” cop?  It’s been dozens
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Which is sad...

I'm largely convinced this is a holster issue.

In the Safariland duty holsters, when paired with a light, the trigger is accessible on the P320.  Not easily, but it appears repeatable.
View Quote

Its not though, Think of the P320 as a series 80 1911 with no grip safety and offered without a manual safety as an option. It is as terrible idea as it sounds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Bleeding?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Ok, what were they doing when the gun went off?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bleeding?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Bleeding?

Lol, not after.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Some people don't think projecting their down syndrome into others be like it is, but it do.

Plus he's trying to insult, it's what the emotionally weak do when they cannot form a rational well thought out argument like all the rest of the low emotional intelligent persons; your typical toxic glocker fandom.

Fun fact: High emotional intelligent persons have empathy and think about their thinking before saying things that could be problematic and insulting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I Nb4 all the Sig retards frothing at the mouth in defense of their shitty flawed design abortion of a pistol?

Back again I see.

Username: Check

You cannot control your fanboism.

Some people don't think projecting their down syndrome into others be like it is, but it do.

Plus he's trying to insult, it's what the emotionally weak do when they cannot form a rational well thought out argument like all the rest of the low emotional intelligent persons; your typical toxic glocker fandom.

Fun fact: High emotional intelligent persons have empathy and think about their thinking before saying things that could be problematic and insulting.

That’s laughable your whole shtick is projecting onto others. You’ve been clowned in the Glock forum for doing it lol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That’s laughable your whole shtick is projecting onto others. You’ve been clowned in the Glock forum for doing it lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I Nb4 all the Sig retards frothing at the mouth in defense of their shitty flawed design abortion of a pistol?

Back again I see.

But you come to a Sig discussion to do your shtick?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@StevenH

Going from memory:

Throwing gun belt in vehicle
Throwing gun belt in locker
Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Dropping bag cont holstered gun
Fighting with suspects

The common denominator seems to be an impact of the holstered gun with the ground or other hard object
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back again I see.

Is this the Sig Forum? I come to a thread in GD where we are discussing a flawed piece of shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

The common denominator seems to be an impact of the holstered gun with the ground or other hard object
View Quote

Damn, I should have a mag full of 9mm holes in me by now...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

Is yours an early version that has not had the “not a recall” performed? If so you’ve been lucky.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
OP has just learned this after many previous Arfcom threads?

Texas DPS is a pretty large user of Sigs. Have they reported a significant number of cases?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is yours an early version that has not had the “not a recall” performed? If so you’ve been lucky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

Not an early version.

People are still talking about the early drop BS? Gheezus.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not an early version.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

Not an early version.

Yes. It’s an unresolved issue. There was no recall and only Sig knows how many thousands of guns remain affected. Hopefully that issue will come out in discovery and the settlement will include an actual recall.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don’t frankly give a fuck about the 320 but saying the Air Force does anything with a firearm is a clear indication that anything said there after should be dismissed. The Air Force didn’t even Cary rifles in Baghdad. I’ve seen your security forces, I’d rather go into combat with a section of cooks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shitty holsters and poor wpns handling.  

The .mil carries them worldwide daily with no problems.

The USAF doesn’t use the safety so don’t state that is a difference.

I don’t frankly give a fuck about the 320 but saying the Air Force does anything with a firearm is a clear indication that anything said there after should be dismissed. The Air Force didn’t even Cary rifles in Baghdad. I’ve seen your security forces, I’d rather go into combat with a section of cooks.

Cool. Here's an arfcom members issued M17 with a safety delete!  (GASP!!!)I am pretty sure it hasn't "just gone off".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes. It’s an unresolved issue. There was no recall and only Sig knows how many thousands of guns remain affected. Hopefully that issue will come out in discovery and the settlement will include an actual recall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

Not an early version.

How many G22's were recalled or even had a "upgrade program" when they were grenading themselves? I'm just curious...

God knows how many of those piles are still out there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How many G22's were recalled or even had a "upgrade program" when they were grenading themselves? I'm just curious...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going from memory:

Ground fighting
Slip and falls
Fighting with suspects

Not an early version.

Not enough. Glock has an embarrassing history of failure to correct known issues. But this thread is about the Sig 320
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not enough. Glock has an embarrassing history of failure to correct known issues. But this thread is about the Sig 320
View Quote

How about zero. I was around and witnessed that BS. That is just one problem that Glocks have had and they didn't do shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How about zero. I was around and witnessed that BS. That is just one problem that Glocks have had and they didn't do shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig has the opportunity to be better. Will they take it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

They already did better, much better. They said if you have one of the early FCU's, send it in and they will fix it.

Glock never addressed the problem, at all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Its not though, Think of the P320 as a series 80 1911 with no grip safety and offered without a manual safety as an option. It is as terrible idea as it sounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is sad...

I'm largely convinced this is a holster issue.

In the Safariland duty holsters, when paired with a light, the trigger is accessible on the P320.  Not easily, but it appears repeatable.

I think this is the biggest problem. What’s even a bigger problem is my wife carry’s a P320 on the daily. She’s been carrying and shooting it for four years now and no ND as to date.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They already did better, much better. They said if you have one of the early FCU's, send it in and they will fix it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

1. Mandatory product safety recall. Fix 100% of the affected guns.

2. Rename the new guns to 320.5, 321, or 320 Gen 2.

3. Collaboration with Safariland to design better holsters. Customer exchange program to replace poorly designed holsters with improved design.

Do those things and the uncommanded firings will become as rare as they are for Glock & SW
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is this the Sig Forum? I come to a thread in GD where we are discussing a flawed piece of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back again I see.

What did you say about Glocks when they dealt with Glock Leg?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
He decided "I would give it a shot"

Lol

Probably just like Boeing and autobus sabotaging each other in the current gun boom
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

3. Collaboration with Safariland to design better holsters. Customer exchange program to replace poorly designed holsters with improved design.

Do those things and the uncommanded firings will become as rare as they are for Glock & SW
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

LOL

What aspect of that is unreasonable?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

1. OK
2. That is dumb. Manufactures just update with latest parts.
3. Not sigs responsibility, that is the all on the holster manufacturer.

One out of three.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

1. OK

One out of three.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig needs to do more.

1. OK

One out of three.

4. Redesigned light rail for proper fitment with Surefire and Streamlight WMLs.

Not a safety issues but damn the existing rail is trash
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

4. Redesigned light rail for proper fitment with Surefire and Streamlight WMLs.

Not a safety issues but damn the existing rail is trash
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top