Posted: 5/11/2019 1:17:43 PM EDT
Sig p365 - Catching Glock with Their Pants Down
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
He shot 5 rounds.

Weak trolling OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If Sig unfucks its beach pooping, shit diving dot Indian manufacturing issues I’ll consider one. I really would like to try one out. Until then, I laugh in 43X.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot one yesterday for the first time. for a 1/4" shorter length than a shield and a wider grip, not worth it to me. I can get 8+1 with mag guts. And with a shield being like $300 and the sig at $500, it's not worth it for me to pay $100/round increase in capacity. Also the trigger was worth than I anticipated. It shot well and if I didn't own shields/42 or whatever I would consider it. But it sure isn't as ground breaking as people make it out to be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread will be yet another GD 365 shitshow. May as well do what I always do in these threads and summarize most posts under mine now to save the casual readers some time:

Most 365 owners: My 365 works fine

Most non-365 owners: I HEARD ON THE INTERNET THAT MUH MIM/COHEN/CURRY/PRIMERDRAG
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He shot 5 rounds.

Weak trolling OP.
View Quote
Weak counting Foo. Wrong twice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
"Engineering marvel?" The Sig uses metal mags? Yes? Makes for less material that plastic mag bodies? Yes?  Glock uses plastic for their mags? Yes? Less room for round in the same space because thicker mag walls?

Metal = less material= more room=more rounds in the mag?

Shit, that's some engineering marvels there Kemo Sabe.

What an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Suuuurree they did. I wish them well though. Would love to have a strong Indian military as an ally. I’d love to have quality material from India instead of China. Hey China, fuck you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If Sig unfucks its beach pooping, shit diving dot Indian manufacturing issues I’ll consider one. I really would like to try one out. Until then, I laugh in 43X.
View Quote
What’s your personal experience with the P365?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Masturbated to the myriad of 10,000 rounds without failure tests of the P365 on YouTube. You?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
No opinion on either gun... but the content creators logic is flawed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I have shot a few 365s. I like them.

I am not sure what he was talking about with his grip angle nonsense though. The M&P grips are nothing like a Glock. The M&P fits most people well, the Glock wasn't designed for human hands at all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Does it work now without the firing pin breaking around 1000 rounds??
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have shot a few 365s. I like them.

I am not sure what he was talking about with his grip angle nonsense though. The M&P grips are nothing like a Glock. The M&P fits most people well, the Glock wasn't designed for human hands at all.
View Quote
I also caught that. The M&P grip angle is closer to a 1911 than a Glock.

Generally speaking though, John knows his stuff. (Mostly when it comes to the fighting/tactics part)
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Mossberg MC1 is gonna kick the 365’s ass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
$50 for a magazine and isn’t HK?

Hell, no!
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm too much of a Glock fanboi to ever be able to consider a SIG or any other pistol, for the most part.  I will accept the SA TRP though.  I have the 42 and 43 and both are outstanding, reliable, easy and accurate as fuck to shoot pistols and can easily and inexpensively mount a TLR-6 light/laser to it.  The 365 requires a frame change for their proprietary light which doomed it to a non consideration for me.  Not to mention being overpriced and cheap looking.  But I see the attraction for the unwashed masses and the "I gotta have what everybody else has!!11!!" types.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Friends don’t let anyone buy a Sig.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Friends don’t let anyone buy a Sig.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol! No.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
That has to be the dumbest thing I’ve read today. The G43 kicks the MC1’s ass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#25]
haha. Sig is junk.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many have you broke?  Don't have anywhere near that many through mine but it has been flawless, accurate and fun.  Had to get a mag loader to save my thumbs though.  Next will be a pistol with electronic sights for the aging eyeball.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm too much of a Glock fanboi to ever be able to consider a SIG or any other pistol, for the most part.  I will accept the SA TRP though.  I have the 42 and 43 and both are outstanding, reliable, easy and accurate as fuck to shoot pistols and can easily and inexpensively mount a TLR-6 light/laser to it.  The 365 requires a frame change for their proprietary light which doomed it to a non consideration for me.  Not to mention being overpriced and cheap looking.  But I see the attraction for the unwashed masses and the "I gotta have what everybody else has!!11!!" types.
View Quote
What the hell are you talking about a frame change? A tlr-6 mounts to a 365 as easy as it does to a 43. And the sig foxtrot light mounts to a 365 exactly the same way a tlr-6 does.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope. Love my Glock 43s.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Literally 4.2k through mine. Going to keep shooting it every week until it breaks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

It would have been a hands-down massive success without the Indian MIM bullshit.    And to be clear, that's not a MIM complaint, that's a dot-not-feather complaint; I wouldn't drop a dollar on a friggin' doorstop with parts made in India, let alone a firearm.   I don't need P365 experience to say that.

Anyone that trusts any sort of component made in India, or a company that would put some of them in their supply chain, needs their head examined.

They will most likely sort it out just fine, but it's a big black eye for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I shot one yesterday for the first time. for a 1/4" shorter length than a shield and a wider grip, not worth it to me. I can get 8+1 with mag guts. And with a shield being like $300 and the sig at $500, it's not worth it for me to pay $100/round increase in capacity. Also the trigger was worth than I anticipated. It shot well and if I didn't own shields/42 or whatever I would consider it. But it sure isn't as ground breaking as people make it out to be.
View Quote
Pretty much same as my opinion.  I shot a friends P365 and my Shield w/mag guts and although the P365 was a nice gun I didn't feel it was any better than my Shield.  Decent gun I just don't get the rave about it being life changing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I like my P365 a lot. It shoots well, has nice sights and trigger from the factory, and it’s remarkably accurate for its size.

I’m carrying my P320 today because I’m trying out my new JM Custom IWB3 I ordered to accommodate my XC-1B.

The P320 shoots better for me than the Glocks and even H&Ks that I used to own. The P365 just disappears on me with 10 rounds at my disposal. It’s a really nice platform.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Sig 522 and 556,
Or guns I own that Sig no longer supports.
I’ll pass
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#35]
This is about one of the tightest carry packages I’ve ever had. The JM IWB3 and mag pouch I have for it are on me every day.

I did just buy a 1997 P239 9mm this week (a classic that was on my must have list) that has a wonderfully smooth trigger and is just a laser beam. Sig’s barrels have always been accurate. I have a 320C threaded barrel that ran circles around my USP9 Tactical. I couldn’t believe it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Sold my Glock 43 at a show this morning and bought a 365

Paid $449 for the 365, Has anyone seen them that cheap? I couldn’t order one for that price...

The dude had a whole bunch of them
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#37]
... bought my second P365 last Friday (FDE)

Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What the hell are you talking about a frame change? A tlr-6 mounts to a 365 as easy as it does to a 43. And the sig foxtrot light mounts to a 365 exactly the same way a tlr-6 does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shortly after they came out I was researching it and the only light was one SIG offered and it came as part of a new polymer frame.  At least that's how I remember it, maybe I was wrong (first time for everything!)  Did not know the TLR-6 can be had for them.  May have to re-evaluate and check into this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I can admit that I had zero interest in this gun until handling one at a gun show a few weeks ago.

I don’t like subs in general, but that little gun feels damn near perfect in hand.

I’ll most likely end up with a secondhand one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Aargh! I want one!
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sold my Glock 43 at a show this morning and bought a 365

Paid $449 for the 365, Has anyone seen them that cheap? I couldn’t order one for that price...

The dude had a whole bunch of them
View Quote
I bought mine at $449 & it’s been flawless. Was made at the end of March ‘19.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.

It would have been a hands-down massive success without the Indian MIM bullshit.    And to be clear, that's not a MIM complaint, that's a dot-not-feather complaint; I wouldn't drop a dollar on a friggin' doorstop with parts made in India, let alone a firearm.   I don't need P365 experience to say that.

Anyone that trusts any sort of component made in India, or a company that would put some of them in their supply chain, needs their head examined.

They will most likely sort it out just fine, but it's a big black eye for them.
View Quote
Then I hope you don’t ever fly.

Because planes fly because of Indian MIM. And with an annual volume of 19,000....there’s probably not many jet engines that don’t have them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#43]
They are good guns, my buddy owns one I have shot a few times.

With that said, I am logistically married to Glocks. I like some of the new stuff on the market, but for lightweight defensive pistols, 19 and 17 for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I am by no means a Sig fanboy. I typically hate them. After I held and shot one. I decided I needed one. This has replaced my VP9SK as my daily carry. I bought mine for $449 with a free extended mag. I have close to 500 rounds down range and it has been flawless.

I also like Indian food. Dot not feather.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Blah, i’ll Take a shield over sig any day...
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are good guns, my buddy owns one I have shot a few times.

With that said, I am logistically married to Glocks. I like some of the new stuff on the market, but for lightweight defensive pistols, 19 and 17 for me.
View Quote
I'll admit I'm intrigued by the G48 especially after the 15 round flush fit magazine that Shield Arms unveiled for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am by no means a Sig fanboy. I typically hate them. After I held and shot one. I decided I needed one. This has replaced my VP9SK as my daily carry. I bought mine for $449 with a free extended mag. I have close to 500 rounds down range and it has been flawless.

View Quote
That’s really coming from opposite ends of the spectrum, in terms of size for a 10+1 pistol. I love my VP9, like, LOVE it. But for a 10+1 the SK is a big bitch. In a just world it would have been a 12+1 (which ETS, to their credit, is allegedly trying to address).
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, you bastard. We're going out for cheap Tex-Mex tonight which is fine, but I haven't had Indian food in too long.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'll admit I'm intrigued by the G48 especially after the 15 round flush fit magazine that Shield Arms unveiled for it.
View Quote
Once (if) those 15rd 43X mags come out, I’m buying the shit out of a 43X. That’d be a badass small package in terms of both size and weight to hold 16rds.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shortly after they came out I was researching it and the only light was one SIG offered and it came as part of a new polymer frame.  At least that's how I remember it, maybe I was wrong (first time for everything!)  Did not know the TLR-6 can be had for them.  May have to re-evaluate and check into this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've used both the foxtrot365 and the tlr-6, both were good but my preference was the tlr-6. The biggest issues i had with the sig offering were I'm not a fan of pressure switches on handgun mounted lights and having to take the light off to change the batteries.

After shooting the shield, 43, and 365 they all work as advertised.  Everything else is subjective and user preference. To me the 43 and shield both take effort in applying the fundamentals to shoot well.

Not so much the 365. Just vaguely get a sight picture and press of the trigger and the round goes where I want.

As far as build quality, the finish on the 43 is shit. You look at it wrong and it scratches. The glock and shield take the most effort and after market to make them more comfortable to shoot. The 365 just needed a light and it was good to go. Im not brand loyal in any sense, but the 365 impressed me on the range. A gun that small shouldn't be fun to shoot, but it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top