User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like that isn't totally scewed by all the h1b programmers here.  Doesn't represent the average Indian at all.
View Quote
Don't most foreigners who come to America do much better than their peers in the home country?
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm too much of a Glock fanboi to ever be able to consider a SIG or any other pistol, for the most part.  I will accept the SA TRP though.  I have the 42 and 43 and both are outstanding, reliable, easy and accurate as fuck to shoot pistols and can easily and inexpensively mount a TLR-6 light/laser to it.  The 365 requires a frame change for their proprietary light which doomed it to a non consideration for me.  Not to mention being overpriced and cheap looking.  But I see the attraction for the unwashed masses and the "I gotta have what everybody else has!!11!!" types.
View Quote
Um...What?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/07/streamlight-introduces-tlr-6-for-sig-sauers-p365/amp/
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
XDS
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Big fan of John’s YT channels and a local guy to me. He’s supposed to run a great class.

ETA at the fan-bois here on both sides. The 366 (now) is a fine gun, buy it or not. It’s my wife’s primary gun, she shoots and carries it well, it was the first gun I could get her to carry so.  That said, it has north of 2K rounds of a variety of ammo, her 8/2018 gun does have the firing pin drag but it’s minimal. Been thinking of sending hers off to Grey Guns for their performance enhancement work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
He fired 12 rounds and it didnt break.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What the Glock and Shield fanbois don't get is just how easy it is to shoot the little Sig well, plus there is none of the snappiness usually associated with compact pistols.
View Quote
I shot both and didn't notice any difference in accuracy or any difference in snappiness.  Both were easy to shoot.  Both are nice guns, I just didn't see any reason to buy a P365 to do the same thing my Shield does.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I shot both and didn't notice any difference in accuracy or any difference in snappiness.  Both were easy to shoot.  Both are nice guns, I just didn't see any reason to buy a P365 to do the same thing my Shield does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the Glock and Shield fanbois don't get is just how easy it is to shoot the little Sig well, plus there is none of the snappiness usually associated with compact pistols.
Link to 10+1 Shield?
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wish I could. Sig will not accept it until it fails (no “voluntary upgrade” here). So I’m left with a pistol (in the questionable serial range) that MAY break at any time, or I have to keep funneling ammo ($) until it does (if it does).
F Sig, for how they’re handling this issue. It’s my first Sig, and absolutely my last.
View Quote
How many times you try? I’d try with a different guy and really push it. If they don’t accommodate I would be done with a company like that too
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How many times you try? I’d try with a different guy and really push it. If they don’t accommodate I would be done with a company like that too
View Quote
It's been tried MANY times by the guys on a (name will remain unmentioned) Sig forum. Sig's standard reply (and they're sticking to it) is: "if you experience an issue (failure) with it, let us know".
Numerous guys on there have TRIED to get their P365's "upgraded" to current. No joy. Sig will NOT accept them in (for anything) until something fails.
This is why people (even on the Sig forums) who have earlier (or ones in the KNOWN "possibly faulty" serial range) ones are pissed. Sig refuses to do even a "voluntary" upgrade on these (let alone a recall).  Sig has taken a "wait until it breaks, then we'll fix it" approach with these, and that isn't sitting well with many owners (myself included).  What if that "known" possible mistempered striker in their known serial range fails when you need it to defend your life? Kind of hard to send it back then, when you're dead.
I haven't kept up on the current ones, as I'm not on that forum anymore. I joined a complaint thread (there are dozens of people, there, in my same boat) about this exact issue, shared these exact photo's of swipes (which no one there matched, either), then stated I was going to back to the G26 until there was some resolution. I immediately got locked out of the forum for (their email words): "you have been suspended for this forum, indefinitely, for being a Glock fanboy". WTF?? And so what if I am?.. Can a person not love one brand and still like/love another (or at least appreciate it)??  
What's funny is I am FAR from a Sig hater (though I DO love Glocks). In fact, I contributed NUMEROUS threads about holsters I've used/tried, where to get mags, etc about it, before others. I had invested quite a bit into this pistol and accessories. I clearly want to see this (my) pistol resolved.  If I could trust this thing (mine), it would pretty much dominate my CCW needs.  But heaven forbid you mention how you trust Glocks, and BAM!... you're kicked off that forum (the one where they "talk" about "Sig"). Same screen name was Maverick365. If only they understood how much I wanted for this pistol to succeed. Oh well.
So yeah, I hear the raging is still going on there (about this "non resolution" from Sig), but if you go there.... don't ever mention if you like Glocks or you'll be booted too
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Link to 10+1 Shield?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to 10+1 Shield?
Here you go
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my little Sig more than the PPS M2 it replaced.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's been tried MANY times by the guys on a (name will remain unmentioned) Sig forum. Sig's standard reply (and they're sticking to it) is: "if you experience an issue (failure) with it, let us know".
Numerous guys on there have TRIED to get their P365's "upgraded" to current. No joy. Sig will NOT accept them in (for anything) until something fails.
This is why people (even on the Sig forums) who have earlier (or ones in the KNOWN "possibly faulty" serial range) ones are pissed. Sig refuses to do even a "voluntary" upgrade on these (let alone a recall).  Sig has taken a "wait until it breaks, then we'll fix it" approach with these, and that isn't sitting well with many owners (myself included).  What if that "known" possible mistempered striker in their known serial range fails when you need it to defend your life? Kind of hard to send it back then, when you're dead.
I haven't kept up on the current ones, as I'm not on that forum anymore. I joined a complaint thread (there are dozens of people, there, in my same boat) about this exact issue, shared these exact photo's of swipes (which no one there matched, either), then stated I was going to back to the G26 until there was some resolution. I immediately got locked out of the forum for (their email words): "you have been suspended for this forum, indefinitely, for being a Glock fanboy". WTF?? And so what if I am?.. Can a person not love one brand and still like/love another (or at least appreciate it)??  
What's funny is I am FAR from a Sig hater (though I DO love Glocks). In fact, I contributed NUMEROUS threads about holsters I've used/tried, where to get mags, etc about it, before others. I had invested quite a bit into this pistol and accessories. I clearly want to see this (my) pistol resolved.  If I could trust this thing (mine), it would pretty much dominate my CCW needs.  But heaven forbid you mention how you trust Glocks, and BAM!... you're kicked off that forum (the one where they "talk" about "Sig"). Same screen name was Maverick365. If only they understood how much I wanted for this pistol to succeed. Oh well.
So yeah, I hear the raging is still going on there (about this "non resolution" from Sig), but if you go there.... don't ever mention if you like Glocks or you'll be booted too
View Quote
So Sig expects you to take a chance and maybe yours fails in a gunfight in which you can then send it in to get the updates fixes?

If true, holy hell. Could you imagine that lawsuit
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
threads like this make me love being a Walther fanboi
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven't shot either gun, probably won't.

KT P-11 still works after all these years.
View Quote
The Keltec P11 is the first handgun o ever bought and I had nothing but problems. Broken ejector, broken extractor, and the magazine sounded like a rattler when inserted into the gun.

On the other hand, I’ve owned a Sig P232 and P239 both of which worked flawlessly.

I guess every manufacturer sends out a lemon every now and again.

I’d really like to pick up a P365 to replace my current EDC, but there’s been enough of these threads that I haven’t yet pulled the trigger due to lack of confidence in the product.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Round count only counts when it is 9mm vs .40

9mm vs 9mm it doesn't matter!

Link Posted: 5/13/2019 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here you go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to 10+1 Shield?
Here you go
I like and have used Magguts stuff before, but that’s a bit disingenuous. The 8+1 Shield with the +2 MG kit is significantly longer of a pistol than the 365.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Keltec P11 is the first handgun o ever bought and I had nothing but problems. Broken ejector, broken extractor, and the magazine sounded like a rattler when inserted into the gun.

On the other hand, I’ve owned a Sig P232 and P239 both of which worked flawlessly.

I’d really like to pick up a P365 to replace my current EDC, but there’s been enough of these threads that I haven’t yet pulled the trigger due to lack of confidence in the product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't shot either gun, probably won't.

KT P-11 still works after all these years.

Well, that's a sample of one for both of us. Mine is a low SN and went back to KT early. That's about 20 years ago without a bobble since. Did you send yours in? I will say there's a lot of happy owners at KTOG.

As far as your P232 and P239, they're quite different from the gun in question. My 239 is flawless also, but there's not much in common with a P365. I'm talking about the performance of sub-compact 9mms, thus my comparison of the Sig, the Glock and my KT.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So Sig expects you to take a chance and maybe yours fails in a gunfight in which you can then send it in to get the updates fixes?

View Quote
YES. That's their (Sig's) current stance. With the P365, they will NOT accept ANY P365 (warranty) unless is HAS failed (NO "voluntary", or other wise, upgrade).

People have grown frustrated with Sig over the years (especially after the 320 drop test fiasco, and that was only resolved because of military intervention), and with this newer 365 fiasco (the not acknowledging the issue they've already admitted exists), it's reached a boiling point (even on Sig Forums).  They've got balls of steel to openly admit their WAS/IS an issue with a KNOWN (to them) serial # range and NOT offer a fix.
When/if a person runs into trouble because of such, they (Sig) have set themselves up for a lawsuit that will wipe them off the map.
Until then... it's a big "Fuck you" from Sig. (thus why I will never buy a Sig again, despite loving everything else about the P365).
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Sadly true. Sig's motto "Sue us IF you survive your KNOWN P365 "KNOWN improperly hardened Indian MIM striker" fails during a gunfight for your life".
So far... their gamble has paid off. For how long??
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The g43 is a piece of shit compared to the shield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read today. The G43 kicks the MC1's ass.
The g43 is a piece of shit compared to the shield.
The market says otherwise. Get a clue fan boi...
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link to 10+1 Shield?
View Quote
It's called a Taurus...

Link Posted: 5/13/2019 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sadly true. Sig's motto "Sue us IF you survive your KNOWN P365 "KNOWN improperly hardened Indian MIM striker" fails during a gunfight for your life".
So far... their gamble has paid off. For how long??
View Quote
I'd start a thread in the Sig handgun section asking coregon if that's really the case. That's complete BS
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]
It's pretty obvious whose ex's are banging P365 owners now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Another tier one guy I don't know.  Pretty much like all other tier oneses YouTubers with 2 camera angles.  "Click like and subscribe..."
View Quote
He's pretty tolerable overall.

Haley has been compromised by the flat bill hat, never shoot my $2k Glock, IG faggot crowd.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top