Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That ain't 7.62x39R.  

Never heard of it.

It used to commonly be called that.

But it isn't rimmed like .303 or 7.62x54R?

The "R" is for Russian.

Back in the 70s and 80s, it was generally referred to as "7.62 Russian."  You can also see it called "7.62x39 Russian," leading to, I guess, "7.62x39R."

It sort of stuck around into the early/ mid 90s as well. I have one fo the older annuals and in referencing Mini-30s, SKS, and the 7.62x39 AR it refers to the round as the 7.62 Soviet and 7.62x39 Soviet.

Properly the M43 Soviet.
Failing that, 7.62x39.

Anything else is just iggernant.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: Aren't you the one that used to have a really gnarly sheep avatar? That was awesome. I wanna blow it up in print and lay it on my wife's face so she can wake up in utter horror.

Yeah, it was from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PkMPAlMFo

That was awesome!   And, blondie is a super cutie!
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
KBC
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought 19Ds quit that stuff in the mid 80s. LOL, Mike
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's like fish hooks stuck in your favorite fishing cap?
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Geezus...some of you guys make me wonder..
It's not to tell them which way to point the gun, or to indicate which bullet they should use...
It means that they've taken an enemy's life in battle. Just a sort of status thing.

Sorta their version of a hogs tooth?
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's not to tell them which way to point the gun, or to indicate which bullet they should use...
It means that they've taken an enemy's life in battle. Just a sort of status thing.

They don't want the answer. They want to make fun of things that are different.

Its the Arfcom way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Where did you hear that?  Because other people have said other things based on what they've been told firsthand.

Though I suppose there's a lot of different first hand reasons.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top