BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm 22.

How else to you think I get these hands clean?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/tboneguy915/3a3d3f7f.jpg

Wait, you call that dirty?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that we're on the subject of hand cleaners, it's worth noting that the little froufrou soaps from Bath&Body Works (Garden Strawberry Basil, anyone?) are surprisingly effective at getting off grease and oil
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lava soap...it's what we use to keep the volcanos clean.

Nothing is better for cleaning up your hands than to rub lava soap into a soft grade of Scotchbrite pad and then use the pad to scrub down your hands.   If you think lava
alone works good,  just TRY THIS the next time you get really grubby.   You'll  be amazed.

CJ

NEWSFLASH:

High quality. disposable latex (or nitrile) gloves are $5 a box at wal mart or most grocery stores.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Pro Tip for smokers:

I smoke. I get small stains on my left hand between two fingers because in the morning while sipping coffee and reading, the smoke has a constant path to that spot.
After several smokes there's this dark brown stain. I've googled and researched and tried to find a good solution to getting these off with no luck.
I've used scotch bright pads till I was raw. Tried lemon juice and potatoes even...everything I read I tried with little luck.
Lava soap removes tobacco stains in two seconds. It's amazing!
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm well below thirty, and it's all I allow in the house (sans showery areas).
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to use lava, fast orange, and goop.  depending on what they had in the store I happened to be in.

Then one day at a friends shop I discovered Snap On's medicated hand cleaner.  Been using it ever since.  That reminds me I need another can.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother called me a couple of months ago to complain about Dawn soap.  They have changed the formula and now there is no mention of "grease cutting" on the bottle.  My wife subsequently did find a bottle of "Classic Dawn" and bought it.  In the mean time I'm stuck with a huge pump-top bottle I bought at Sam's club that is the worthless kind.  

good to know... well not good but need to keep a eye out.

I know they have a new bottle with some silver on the label and I heard its nothing like the classic

ETA: after some searching I believe the magic words are "non ultra"
anything with ultra on the label is the newer "better" stuff
non ultra says fights grease right on the top going to order a case I think
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top