Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're trying to destroy this country.

At some point they may succeed.
View Quote
They are going to succeed. They are at least 1/3 of the way there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]

The worth of the entire US stock market is $25 trillion

That's basically the entire net worth of the United States!
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
With EBT, WIC etc, aren't we already paying reparations?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm doing the math, and I say it will cost $0
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Zimbabwe dollars now or Zimbabwe dollars later - Either way, with "reparations' we get Zimbabwe dollars for people who suffered no loss paid by people who caused no harm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering one of the first slave owners in the US was black, are blacks expected to pay themselves?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's do it

View Quote
Right after we hyper-inflate.  It won't cost us a silver dime to create it.  It's just a keystroke on the Treasury's books and an entry on the Fed Res. balance sheet along with moar profits for Morgan-Stanley that handles EBTs.  Make me wonder if Morgan Stanley is supporting reparations.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want off the planet when tax payers money who weren’t slave owners,  are going to pay reparations to people who were never slaves

I’d actually have more respect if liberals would just come out and say, “We want to buy the black vote
View Quote
Hush you.  You make sense.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You do realize the Dems are just trying to become slave owners again?
View Quote
Should we start calling it the African American buy back program?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
See, I'm all for reparations. They were promised them after the civil war and it was never delivered.

Therefore, anyone who wants reparations should receive 40 acres, a mule, and a one way plane ticket.

Here's the catch, those 40 acres and your mule is in Sub Saharan Africa and you're more than fucking welcome to go claim it.

I bet there will be few takers.
View Quote
4d chess?
Is that why trump wanted Greenland?
Get your green backs in Greenland?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cis scum.  Just because you’re great great grand pappy came over here after slavery doesn’t mean he wasn’t complicit in white supremacy.

FFS

Educate yourself
View Quote
We can't stop being superior just because others can't be - genes are genes. Reparations, if it goes any farther, will be the last straw.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
So....what percentage of "black" in your blood gets paid?  If I'm 1/1024 black can I expect some mailbox money?  Or, Can I skip paying for this altogether since I am racially mixed?  If I identify as fully black can I skip paying for this, and collect too?!  I may be getting on board with this.  Sounds fun!
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Great....

Escalades on 24"s for all
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Can we just give them all their damned mules and call it even?

How much do mules cost anyways?

They can't be that expensive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Time for a dna test. If im 1% black i want my money.
View Quote
I’m .4% I want my free monies

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Slavery Reparations Could Carry A $17.1 Trillion Price Tag. Or $51 Trillion. It Depends Who’s Doing The Math

A bill on slavery reparations will likely die in a Republican-majority Senate, but that won’t last forever and it hasn’t stopped people from trying to put a number on the bill taxpayers could pay to cover the cost of reparations.

Democrats raised the idea of reparations on Capitol Hill in June at the first hearing in 10 years on H.R. 40, the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act. H.R. 40 is named after the 40 acres and a mule promised to freed slaves after hundreds of years of slavery.

FSA needs this
View Quote
Can you imagine what the damages to the US .gov are going to be to the Indians?

BTW my family immigrated long after slavery was abolished so I am guessing we will be exempt
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We paid that debt over 150 years ago.
View Quote
Paid in blood and lost lives.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We paid that debt over 150 years ago.
If they get reparations, I want a payout for my 3x-Great Grandfather and his 4 brothers that served in the war. 1 was killed at Antietam, and the other 4 were all wounded.

1 at Gettysburg, 1 at Vicksburg, 1 at Stone's River, and 1 at The Wilderness.

That's worth something, right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Since the WORLD has a GDP yearly of like 75 trillion that is interesting... so ALL the wealth of the world(IE south Africa, Thailand, Laos, china, USA, Germany) would need to be added together for 9 months to get there... not to mention the infrastructiure to move that much money...
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cis scum.  Just because you're great great grand pappy came over here after slavery doesn't mean he wasn't complicit in white supremacy.
FFS
Educate yourself
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want off the planet when tax payers money who weren't slave owners,  are going to pay reparations to people who were never slaves

I'd actually have more respect if liberals would just come out and say, "We want to buy the black vote"
Cis scum.  Just because you're great great grand pappy came over here after slavery doesn't mean he wasn't complicit in white supremacy.
FFS
Educate yourself
Assuming the racial and gender identity and their preferred personal pronouns shows just how prejudiced you are.

I am an attack helicopter, as were both lines of my genetic forebears.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait, have the relatives of slave owners who lost slaves after the civil war demanded reparations from .gov for their lost "property"?
Since no one alive was involved on either side of slavery lets do this shit right and eat the whole jar of retard paste.

Link Posted: 9/17/2019 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#22]
So, somewhere between $350k - $1.1m per person of African decent?

Holy crap.

Edit: For comparison sake, the US stock market has about $34t market cap, and the US bond market is around $40t.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
4d chess?
Is that why trump wanted Greenland?
Get your green backs in Greenland?
View Quote
I hate to have to point out the obvious...

Trump wants Greenland because within the next 12 years climate change will make it into a tropical paradise while the continental USA becomes an arid desert wasteland.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They forgot to mention that the reparations are owed by the Democrat Party, not the Republicans. The Democrat Party was the de facto “Pro Slave Party.”  Oh, and the reparations should also be collected from black people as it was black people who originally captured other black people and sold them; additionally Black people also owned slaves and therefore are also responsible.
View Quote
This.

And they're absolutely stupid on this. Think about it.... say it passes, reparations are paid. What are the majority of Americans bitter over the fact of having to foot the bill going to do then? They're gonna say, you got your money, now shut up, be well and go fuck yourself. Don't bitch anymore.

By accepting reparations they're essentially selling out their own voices. Idiots.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Will they shut the fuck up afterwards?

I mean pay them and they cant say another fucking thing and I can say the n word any time I want?

I am in.

I dont have any need to say the N word. I just want it to mean nothing since I paid them to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We pay reparations everyday and have been for many decades.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh.  Go for it.

90% of the recipients will spend the totality of whatever they receive in the first three months.
View Quote
Think of how that would improve the economy. OE 800 would be $.25 a fotee.

Worst of luck to them. It's going to take a bit to get any momentum on this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm doing the math, and I say it will cost $0
View Quote
Came to post this. It will be $0.00 exactly. They can keep the change.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hate to have to point out the obvious...

Trump wants Greenland because within the next 12 years climate change will make it into a tropical paradise while the continental USA becomes an arid desert wasteland.
View Quote
Great.
Now I have to ditch all this multicam for mad max gear?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Show some respect/appreciation for your ancestors,join society and make the most of the gifts they paid for and so many take for granted.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top