Quoted:
heated feet sounds like a nightmare  
I want my feet uncovered and ice cold
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, the new ones have feet warmers, which is dank as fuck. It will also connect to your nest thermostat.
i hate having my feet covered as well, and with a cali king my feet are supported but it drives the wife nuts when i pull the blankets off my feet while i wrap the rest of me up lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, the new ones have feet warmers, which is dank as fuck. It will also connect to your nest thermostat.
 Thought I was the only one.  First thing I do when I get in bed is untuck the base of the covers so my feet can stick out lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
We had a queen size i8 for 7 or 8 years. Replaced it with a king size purple mattress last year. Sleep Number was okay, we never felt too strongly one way or the other about the i8 other than it cost too much for what you get. The purple mattress, on the other hand, we really like. It sleeps cooler, is more motion isolating and at $1300, is a screaming value compared to a Sleep Number.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We have an I7 and love it. We definitely think it was worth the price. If we bought again, would buy another but get the adjustable position.

We have a California King.

Just BEWARE: If you go sleep in a motel on vacation after owning one, it may be difficult to get used to their cheaper beds.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We had a queen size i8 for 7 or 8 years. Replaced it with a king size purple mattress last year. Sleep Number was okay, we never felt too strongly one way or the other about the i8 other than it cost too much for what you get. The purple mattress, on the other hand, we really like. It sleeps cooler, is more motion isolating and at $1300, is a screaming value compared to a Sleep Number.
View Quote
Purple has been on my radar too. Unfortunately you can't get their Power Base in a Cali King.

Right now it's looking like:
Purple King Size with Power Base - $3600
Serta iComfort(either F700 or Blue Max 5000) King with Motion Custom II Base - $5900-$6500
Stearns and Foster Reserve Cali King with Reflexion 7 Base - $6100
Sleep Number i10 California King with Adjustable Base - $9001~
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Had mine for about 6 years. Love it
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, we have one.
wife loves it. I'm meh, it's a matress
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
We've had one for a few year now. King, dual control. Don't remember but it seems like it's a C-something ... C4,maybe?

Cost more than I liked, but the wife and I sleep at different firmnesses - she's at 35 and I'm at 50. Took a long time to find the right setting for me, as I thought I needed a firmer setting. Turns out I didn't, and my back feels much better at 50 than 70 or 75.

Pricey, but all I can say is it sleeps better than the Beautyrest's and Sealy's we had prior.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Best mattress I've ever slept in and spent decades trying to find is a latex foam mattress (NOT memory foam).

Aunt moved to Switzerland when I was a kid. Gave mattress to my parents. Parents had their own King size, so I got the mattress. Most comfortable thing EVER. Like sleeping on a cloud. No pressure points.

When we moved when I was ~15, my parents (without telling me) told the movers they could cart the mattress off (it was really heavy).

I was PISSED. It took 20+ years before I figured out WHAT the mattress was and order one myself.

When I saw the TempurPedic ads, I thought, "Memory foam, maybe that's it?". Went to a store that had every model and tried them all, starting with the basic/classic. Nope, too hard, feel pressure points.

Tried the whole range til the top $3000+ for King sized model. "Hmmmm... This feels about as comfy as I remember. Wait, WTF? I'm stuck in this damn rut! Don't remember that with the old foam mattress.

Googled it and found out about latex foam. Ordered it and when it arrived, it was, "Ahhhhhhhh.... finally....".

Talalay latex foam mattress

Unlike memory foam, latex foam doesn't have a memory, i.e. it doesn't take a 'set'. I'm a side sleeper. On memory foam, the foam would take a set and I'd wind up in a rut that was annoying to roll out of. No such issues with latex foam.

Check out the Euro slat foundation on that site too for even more adjustability/customizability.

tl/dr

Check out latex foam mattresses at link above.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Best part of the sleep number is adjusting both sides to max and having sex on it
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I sometimes sleep on my side. So I prefer a flat mattress.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Not only NO! But, hell NO!

Some of the worst money I ever spent was on a Sleep Number Bed. I finally ended up giving it away just to get rid of it.
I'd bet youa pmag you end up hating it within two years.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
iLE here.  Wife and I have different opinions on firmness so this is great.  I'm a 35. What sucks is when I travel it makes hotel beds seem like torture.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have researched these beds at two different times over the past 15 years.
Both times the reviews spanned both ends of the spectrum.
On the 2nd time, it was essentially the same story.
Plenty of great reviews and plenty of people bashing the product.
The complaints were the same which was that you are constantly buying parts.
Mattress leaks, motor fails and the biggest complaint being the cushions needing replacement after 2 years.
I would still like to get one that raises, but feel its too risky at its current price with all the bad reviews.
If you do want one, they usually have 2 huge sales each year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is the adjustable base worth the added cost?
View Quote
YES. We sleep with the head at a slight angle. Sleeping on a flat mattress cells like I'm lying on concrete.

Also if you watch tv in bed press the zero gravity button

To have sex we increase the number to 100.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had a sleep number bed for 15 years. Worth the cost of admission. Even bought one for my guest bedroom. When the first air pump finally broke, just 2 weeks ago on the 15 year old bed, I replaced it with one from amazon. Best mattress I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I have tried many I keep going back to Beautirest.  I now have one(black?) with a vibrating, articulating sumbitch'n foundation.  You can fight dragons all day long but you don't want to fight them at home... especially trying to get sleep and etc.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Some of the worst money I ever spent was on a Sleep Number Bed. I finally ended up giving it away just to get rid of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you remember which model you got? It seems like people either love or hate them.

Quoted:
I sometimes sleep on my side. So I prefer a flat mattress.
I'm weird and sleep on sides, back, and stomach. I also have no idea what kind of mattress I prefer. What turned me on to the newest is that they auto adjust subtly while you sleep, so if you rotate to your side it will adjust to a more comfortable position for you.

Quoted:
I have researched these beds at two different times over the past 15 years.
Both times the reviews spanned both ends of the spectrum.
On the 2nd time, it was essentially the same story.
Plenty of great reviews and plenty of people bashing the product.
The complaints were the same which was that you are constantly buying parts.
Mattress leaks, motor fails and the biggest complaint being the cushions needing replacement after 2 years.
I would still like to get one that raises, but feel its too risky at its current price with all the bad reviews.
If you do want one, they usually have 2 huge sales each year.
I've noticed the same thing. The biggest thing I've been noticing is that they are wholly overpriced, so it seems like if you don't get one of the top models that's where most of the complaints are.

No matter what I get I want a bed that raises so I can read comfortably. Although I suppose for what some people are charging for these power bases I can just buy an Eames chair.

Do you know when the big sales are? I assumed July 4th, which is probably when I will buy whatever mattress I decide to get. Plus, a family member is currently about to buy a few mattresses, and the manager at the store mentioned if you buy multiple beds they can give you some pretty good discounts. Oddly they don't give a cash discount though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have tried many I keep going back to Beautirest.  I now have one(black?) with a vibrating, articulating sumbitch'n foundation.  You can fight dragons all day long but you don't want to fight them at home... especially trying to get sleep and etc.
View Quote
I know the feeling. The last 1-2 years I have been averaging a 2-4 hours of sleep, if that. Some nights I just can't fall asleep so I just make the decision to stay up all night. It's a cyclical problem, so it kept compounding and getting worse. I've had some pretty good success with a few things I've implemented into my life, but am needing a new mattress anyways. Here in a few months I'm going to start a new job that is probably going to take up 12-14 hours of my day, so the sleep I get needs to be good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We've had a one since '99 or so.
It took awhile for me to find the right setting, because I thought that having a bad back meant needing a harder mattress.
Once I found out that 45 works, it's been great.
View Quote
We've had the same one since before 2000. I had back pain every morning until i slept on one. Very rarely since. The middle gets a valley after 10 years or so but it doesn't bother me.

#45 FTW
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you remember which model you got? It seems like people either love or hate them.
View Quote
I don't remember exactly.  Queen size, pillow top, his and hers air mattresses and controls.  The foam around the edge lost its shape and firmness pretty quickly.  The egg crate foam under the pillow top split down the middle in two pieces.  The foam between the air mattresses quickly broke down. (Ex)wife and I were both #35 but I ended up in the valley between the two air mattresses nightly. I called it the valley of despair. We had it about 4 years before I went out and bought a Sterns and Foster to replace it. I was sick of it after two years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't remember exactly.  Queen size, pillow top, his and hers air mattresses and controls.  The foam around the edge lost its shape and firmness pretty quickly.  The egg crate foam under the pillow top split down the middle in two pieces.  The foam between the air mattresses quickly broke down. (Ex)wife and I were both #35 but I ended up in the valley between the two air mattresses nightly. I called it the valley of despair. We had it about 4 years before I went out and bought a Sterns and Foster to replace it. I was sick of it after two years.
View Quote
You were sick of the S&F after two years?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I was sick of the Sleep Number after two years.  It took me two more before I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was sick of the Sleep Number after two years.  It took me two more before I got rid of it.
View Quote
Ah, okay. How's the Stearns holding up? Going to check those out tommorow morning.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Shop all of the name brands. Sealy, S&F and Simmons among others.  I bought one that didn't have a foam border on the edges.  Foam breaks down.  I also bought it from Macy's because they offered a 90 day exchange if I didn't like it. I've had it about six years now.  And am still happy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Buddy bought one for like $10K and what a disaster. It leaked. He tried to return it and the catch of the return was the frame was not returnable. He's like,  "WTF am I going to do with a $3K frame that only works with a Sleep Number?" After 2 months of bitching to the right people he got a refund.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top