Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
All my slings are 2 to 1 slings on QD's..they work fine....I also have a couple direct mount magpuls if they were needed....
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting away from QDs. They just seem pointless.
View Quote
Cool, you do you then, boo.

I prefer two point QD's myself. Lots of good reasons as to why I prefer them over direct.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive had QD's fail, from reputable names, magpul and BFG.

My guns are on the simple side, so i stick with direct thread
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I use both, but in general prefer QD.  My fixed slings are generally set up just to lug the gun around, not to aid in shooting.  Hunting in Texas is often in stands, and fixed slings just get in the way when you are in a confined area.  If I am doing a walking hunt, the adjustments on my QD slings let me transition better.

Not 100% against fixed, but they don't always work the best for the way I use them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the old school black webbing sling with a couple QD mounts.

When I need it, I have it and it is pretty customizable.  When I am cleaning or doing range/load work ups I can take it off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Garand Thumb discussed how QD are noisy — and you don’t want to be noisy while doing recce!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After GT’s video a couple weeks ago, you won’t be alone.  Do whatever works.  But don’t get rid of them, just put them in your “parts” box in case you decide to return.

?

Garand Thumb discussed how QD are noisy — and you don’t want to be noisy while doing recce!

Clicklyidy clanky
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sticking with QD with HK style hooks on the MS1 sling. I like being able to pop the sling on and off at will or even go single point if I ever wanted to. And no, I don't expect to be changing to single point in the heat of a battle or something. It's just nice to have flexibility.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Got both, the mash hook can disconnect off of the KAC ball lock eyelet and go to a magpul qdm that stays mounted on another rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Either.  I just run the QDs on the upper, usually, to make cleaning easier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the QD and like them unless I pack a QD sling and realize I packed my regular studded rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's just a sling.

It doesn't really matter how it's attached as long as it holds your rifle and doesn't cause a problem.
View Quote

This. Some perm, some QD, some HK hook, 2 point, single point, convertible, fancy, homemade...Different slings for different tasks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I do the Israeli/IDF paracord sling thing, If my sling attachment point breaks I always have more paracord in my bag to tie it off again and make another. I gutted the paracord first and hit the knot with a lighter quickly so it won't come undone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After GT’s video a couple weeks ago, you won’t be alone.  Do whatever works.  But don’t get rid of them, just put them in your “parts” box in case you decide to return.
View Quote

A little tape can fix a rattling problem on QD's.  I have some rifles set up without QD, but I can't find a setup I like.  It's also handy to be able to QD them sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were brilliant when people had two rifles and hunted with each of them for a week per year, but never more than one at a time, and wanted to save money by only having one sling.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#15]
My AR is direct mount. Magpul MS1. Rear is webbed directly through the top sling loop of the standard CAR stock. Front is attached to the front sight post with a Blue Force Gear ULoop. Simple and effective. I love the MS1's quick slack adjustment. Can keep it tight for comfortably carry just hanging by the sling, and quickly let it out to do shoulder transitions and shit.

Not a fan of single-point. Try running with your rifle hanging on a single-point. It's gonna be banging you in the nuts and thighs every step of the way. No thanks. 2 point, I can hang it on my front, I can hang it on my back, I can hang it on my side, and I can quickly transition between all of those with a single swing in under a second. 3-point just seems like a 2-point with more parts.

The traditional 2 point truly is the way.

Keepin' it simple.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#16]
All mine have 2 point  QD except for my SCAR (SCAR is 2 point wire loop attachments) . I’ve used QD for years with zero issues.  And by use i mean extremely heavy use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#17]
My preferred setup is a receiver plate with a left hand side (only) traditional attachment point,  a small MLOK traditional attachment point as close to the receiver as I can get it, and a Magpul MS2.

I like single point for actually moving and shooting. When I'm done with my hunt or just walking around in the woods I like a 2 point snug up against the sides of the receiver nice and tight to my chest or back. Any of the magpul MS slings will achieve the same thing, I don't really have a preference for QD vs. not, other than I got a bunch of MS2 slings for a good deal some years ago and they work really well for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm using QD because I go from Riding in a SxS to walking through the woods quite often. The attachment points are built into my stock and handguard so I don't need any extra attachments on the gun. As pointed out it's nice to take them off when I need to clean or put them in the safe.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OW MY BALLS!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sold on quick release single point slings on all my rifles. I will never go back. I like the hands free carry and quick release for cleaning.

OW MY BALLS!!!

First AR I ever had I put a single point on and the first time I tried to run it smacked me right in the junk, never again. I took a class and the instructor was extolling the virtues of the single point and I couldn't understand. Then I realized he had a huge gut and the rifle couldn't hit his junk so it was probably great for him.

I stopped using QDs a few years ago and went to threading the rear of the sling through the stock and attaching the front with paracord, works really well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
*SNIP*
Not a fan of single-point. Try running with your rifle hanging on a single-point. It's gonna be banging you in the nuts and thighs every step of the way. No thanks. 2 point, I can hang it on my front, I can hang it on my back, I can hang it on my side, and I can quickly transition between all of those with a single swing in under a second. 3-point just seems like a 2-point with more parts.

The traditional 2 point truly is the way.

https://i.postimg.cc/J0CStnPD/20210307-081926.jpg

Keepin' it simple.
View Quote
This. We use single point slings at work because "It's safer, the muzzle points directly at the ground so you don't muzzle sweep people when you walk past them." Climbing ladders is a PITA, it's swinging all around over your back. When you go to transition to a handgun the rifle will smack you directly in the balls if you don't give it a good toss to your weak side before transitioning.

I hate single point slings. My neck gets ripped raw if I don't wear a collared shirt with all the swinging the rifle does with regular walking and especially running even when you grip the rifle, if it was cinched up tight in a 2 point it would spread the weight across my back instead of on one side of my neck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#21]
All my long guns that have the capacity for mounting slings, have slings.  All my long guns have iron sights, and likely also have optics.  All my pistols for which holsters exist for them, have holsters.  Ain't rocket science.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No sling on my direct go to HD rifle. I do not imagine a point where I would need a sling. It does have a QD that I can put on it that I have trained with. I just choose to keep it off. If I needed to do patrolling I could put it on as that’s the only time I would really want it.
View Quote

I like a sling on my HD rifle.  Better than a handgun w/ holster, because I can use it if I'm in a robe or less at night.  Having the ability to drop the rifle and have both hands free is handy.  And I don't think I'm going to take the time to grab and install the sling if I really need it.  Granted the "go check out the noise" stuff has diminished greatly as my wife got used to the area.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For hunting I use slings. For home defense I do not. I don't want any chance of a sling getting hung up on anything. How they attach is not really important.
View Quote

100% for home defense, if I need to drop it to deal with a door, kid, Etc I don’t want to sit it down
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#24]
V-tac  slings with qr on 3 of mine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am sold on quick release single point slings on all my rifles. I will never go back. I like the hands free carry and quick release for cleaning.
View Quote

Single point… you must like getting hit in the nuts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I can't imagine a tactical or hunting rifle without a sling.

QD is loud? Nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What the fuck type of QDs are you guys using????

I have done stuff with guns with QDs nearly every day of my adult life.

I have never oiled my QDs. (Or even heard of it)

I have never had a QD fail.

I have never had QDs that make any sound.

This is one of those threads that feels like I live in an alternate dimension and slipped over somehow.
View Quote

I've seen them rust and squeak on FUDD guns that are maintained (or not) by FUDDS.

Otherwise, yeah, no. They work fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#29]
my qd's are hollywood quiet

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For hunting I use slings. For home defense I do not. I don't want any chance of a sling getting hung up on anything. How they attach is not really important.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having the ability to quickly detach a sling isn't pointless.

Deciding you might not need this functionality is reasonable.  But the OP makes it sound like you don't understand how a QD attachment works.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like the old school black webbing sling with a couple QD mounts.

When I need it, I have it and it is pretty customizable.  When I am cleaning or doing range/load work ups I can take it off.
View Quote

I have made up some slings with OS webbing and stitched in front QD sling pts. I also did that with a Vickers that I like for it's ease of adjustability if I was going from Plated to unplated with the same gun.

All my ARs have mounts in the same places. QD Wilson 45 mount on the upper rail and and buttstock collar lock plate QD works for me. But I wouldn't really call them "Quick". You have to get your fingers in around the sling loop, release tension and pull the toggle. Faster than threading a sling mount and bail arrangement, though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've seen them rust and squeak on FUDD guns that are maintained (or not) by FUDDS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have done stuff with guns with QDs nearly every day of my adult life.

I have never oiled my QDs. (Or even heard of it)

I have never had a QD fail.

I have never had QDs that make any sound.

This is one of those threads that feels like I live in an alternate dimension and slipped over somehow.

FUDD guns with QD sling attachments?  That's a first for me.  Are you talking about the sling connectors that go between the sling and the sling stud?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#34]
QD and Magpul MS1 slings
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a big fan of the Proctor WOTG slings.  Simple, lightweight and not even noticeable if stowed.

I'd have no problem using QD though.  Seems that some people could fuck up a one man rock fight.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I like QD's because I prefer to have the slings off my guns when shooting from the bench at my 100 yard range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, I have never had a squeaky QD, if your hearing the sling loop slap the qd then just put some electrical tape around the loop to pad it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ve never heard my QDs make a noise before…

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Me too.  Hang the sling on the rack.  If you need it, stab it on and roll out.

It sucks to clear a house and then have to hold your rifle for beers with the home owner, because you didn't have a sling you could slap on in a second.  Same for weapon lights.    I wish a beer coozie would fit in the grip pocket.
View Quote

Off to the safe and to find a coozie. I just have to know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
tag so i can learn how i like my rifle from what youtube influences say.
View Quote

#metoo
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Kyle Rittenhouse did not have a sling he would probably be dead now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

FUDD guns with QD sling attachments?  That's a first for me.  Are you talking about the sling connectors that go between the sling and the sling stud?
View Quote

I’m talking about traditional QD swivels. Not exactly what he was talking about.

But *anything* can rust and squeak if neglected long enough.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with you.

I know single points have their problems, and the cool kids don't use them anymore, but I like the idea of keeping the sling on my primary gun, and being able to switch to 3-4 other rifles/shotguns in with just a click.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#45]

I need that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I do the Israeli/IDF paracord sling thing, If my sling attachment point breaks I always have more paracord in my bag to tie it off again and make another. I gutted the paracord first and hit the knot with a lighter quickly so it won't come undone.
View Quote

I was told here in GD that if I did that the paracord would break almost immediately and I would die. And that I obviously never shot or trained.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

tape the noisy parts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All fighting rifles get slings and all pistols get holsters.
View Quote
This. Doesn't matter what style. Single point, dual point QD or HK swivel.

I forget who made the statement.

"People who don't use a rifle sling are like that dumb 5-year old when we were kids constantly pulling his pants up because he can't bother to put a damn belt on."

You don't go without  a rifle sling anymore than it's a great idea to shove pistols in your waistband San holster.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#49]

I can’t think of any reason not to QD.

Especially if you’re doing stuff at night and/or in and out of vehicles with your gun. You want to a way to get unstuck fast.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#50]
HD guns and general use guns are all setup for QD 2 point Right side of stock and fore end near receiver.

My Go to bitch has an old school Magpul that can go from single point to 2 point. Attaches at the endplate and fore end near barrel. Being able to do classes and switch to off side shooting with a one point is like cheat code. Doubt it would ever really be needed in real life but whatevs. Doesn't hit your balls when you run, just grab the fore end with your left hand or switch it to 2 point.  

I like how 2 points sit though and as far as QDs failing and making noise. Maybe not buy them on amazon IDK.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top