BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is a difference between potential for aerogenic infection and the likelihood of aerosol transmissibility.  Of course, you would have to actually read the article first.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is a difference between potential for aerogenic infection and the likelihood of aerosol transmissibility.  Of course, you would have to actually read the article first.  

I have. You haven't. They have already demonstrated in a lab setting several times that Ebola can spread via the air. You would know that if you actually bothered to read what the top Ebola virologist have published.

Dr. C.J. Peters, one of the heroes featured in "The Hot Zone." That book chronicles the 1989 outbreak of Ebola Reston, which was transmitted among monkeys by breathing. In 2012, Canadian researchers found that Ebola Zaire, which is involved in the current outbreak, was passed from pigs to monkeys in the air.

Since this outbreak has started the EBOV has already mutated which negates effective treatment methods.

One group of researchers looked at how Ebola changed over a short period of time in just one area in Sierra Leone early on in the outbreak, before it was spreading as fast as it is now. They found more than 300 genetic changes in the virus.

"It's frightening to look at how much this virus mutated within just three weeks," said Dr. Pardis Sabeti, an associate professor at Harvard and senior associate member of the Broad Institute, where the research was done.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well 2 cases for sure right? The guy in Texas and the guy they brought in knowing he had Ebola.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is this really only the 3rd case in the US?  I mostly glance over the GD thread titles here in GD I thought there were many more infected.

other than the cases medivaced here on purpose, there has only been 1 case and he is dead, so right mow we have 0 cases.

Well 2 cases for sure right? The guy in Texas and the guy they brought in knowing he had Ebola.

There have been 4 cases brought in.

2 in Atlanta  oops maybe 3 in ATL
2 in Omaha

so if you want a running total count of all cases that have been physically in the US, the count is 6

I think currently there is 1 case in omaha still being treated and the other cases brought in recovered.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Got drunk with a couple of virologists once. They said there is much nastier shit than Ebola or Hanta out there...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If a doctor tells you Ebola is airborne, time to find a new doctor.
View Quote

Well I guess the test will be if it reaches Hawaii. The virus cant swim.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hospital bill for deceased Texas Ebola patient nearly $1,000 an hour

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20141008/hospital-bill-for-deceased-texas-ebola-patient-nearly-1000-an-hour

Uninsured Ebola patients have the potential to bankrupt many small hospitals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:but I'd love to see the bill for patient zero.

Caring for Thomas Eric Duncan, the Dallas Ebola patient, may cost as much as $500,000, a bill that his hospital is unlikely to ever collect.

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20141008/hospital-bill-for-deceased-texas-ebola-patient-nearly-1000-an-hour

LMAO.

You guys haven't looked at your hospital bills much lately.  If you're doing anything other than lying in a bed for observation, $1,000/hour is about par for the course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Caring for Thomas Eric Duncan, the Dallas Ebola patient, may cost as much as $500,000, a bill that his hospital is unlikely to ever collect.

That's not the bill, that's just talking about the bill.  Hospital revenue cycle is by business...so I have a professional curiosity here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have. You haven't. They have already demonstrated in a lab setting several times that Ebola can spread via the air. You would know that if you actually bothered to read what the top Ebola virologist have published.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dr. C.J. Peters, one of the heroes featured in "The Hot Zone." That book chronicles the 1989 outbreak of Ebola Reston, which was transmitted among monkeys by breathing. In 2012, Canadian researchers found that Ebola Zaire, which is involved in the current outbreak, was passed from pigs to monkeys in the air.

Supposedly there are sources that state there could have been other transmission routes, namely cage contamination and aerosolized particles due to cage cleaning. I think it has been established that ebola can be aerosolized by washing and spraying gear and can be transmitted to people in the localized area.

It is postulated that is how many people in west africa were exposed when cleaning gear and how the journalist got it by washing down a car.

This knowledge made GD go crazy when the pictures where shown of somebody using a pressure washer outside the apartment in Dallas pressure washing the puke on the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The virus can travel about 3 feet in droplets of a sneeze or cough so it is "airborne".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So wife is in with doc seeing about an esophageal issue (btw healed) anyway consult is winding down so I ask..so doc...what's your take on Ebola?

1. CDC is lying...its airborne...

2. Research does not show an animal nexus...

3. Its here...and the .gov has no way to prevent its spread other than complete travel ban and quarantine until it dies out.

4. Lots of people are going to die here...

5. Avoid airlines, wash hands often, avoid crowds and ill people.

6. It cost $500,000 to treat patient zero,  a pandemic will destroy our economy...

If it were airborne the death toll would be a LOT steeper.

The virus can travel about 3 feet in droplets of a sneeze or cough so it is "airborne".

Unless some asshole MD writes for nebulizers like every other fucking MD does for bullshit reasons and then your contamination zone goes full airborne like the flu for 150'.

Of course they still fucking write for nebs on the patients even after the bullshit about SARS and bird flu.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#10]

The CDC is passing half-truths and half-lies about this. Case-in-point:

Air travelers must keep
in mind that Ebola is not transmitted through the air, said Dr. Marty
Cetron, director of the CDC's Division of Global Migration and
Quarantine.

View Quote

"There needs to be direct contact frequently with body fluids or blood," he stressed.

Lie.

As proof in the very example in that article:

The nurse's assistant
said that she had no idea how she had contracted the virus, but a doctor
treating her said that she may have been exposed while she removed her
protective suit.
Dr. German Ramirez said
the assistant, who is in isolation at Madrid's Carlos III Hospital, had
told him it was possible that a part of the suit -- possibly the gloves
-- touched her face.

I do not believe more than 50% of what the CDC is saying because THEY ADMIT they're still scrambling to understand what is going on and what to do with this virus:

A federal official says the enhanced screening will apply only to passengers arriving from Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia.

The new measures at U.S.
airports come a day after Dr. Thomas Frieden, the director of the CDC,
told reporters that devising travel guidelines was
in the works but
nothing had yet been finalized
enough to announce.

I don't believe it's "airborne" (yet), but if someone with Ebola sneezes within a meter of you - you have a high risk of contacting the virus. Covering your mouth and nose is NOT enough. Particulates that land in your eye or on your skin can infect you.
CDC says people who survive Ebola and are clear of symptoms can still transmit the virus for SEVEN WEEKS after last symptoms disappear. That may be another half-lie since they're also telling survivors to use condoms for 12 weeks after last symptoms disappear.

Mark my words - the mentally-deranged Left will turn Ebola into a Civil Rights/discrimination issue and as a result, many hundreds or thousands WILL be exposed to Ebola because of political-correctness hamstringing the common sense hardline quarantine and border-control that we SHOULD be doing like right fucking now.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ebola really deserves its own subforum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like how many Ebola threads does this make?

3 full pages

Ebola really deserves its own subforum.

People are worried . and they have a right to be.

Our so called  " leaders " have not given one straight answer about the E. I personally have seen only stammering fools from the CDC. And seem to be doing nothing to protect the citizens due to Political Correctness.

gd

gd
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Supposedly there are sources that state there could have been other transmission routes, namely cage contamination and aerosolized particles due to cage cleaning. I think it has been established that ebola can be aerosolized by washing and spraying gear and can be transmitted to people in the localized area.

It is postulated that is how many people in west africa were exposed when cleaning gear and how the journalist got it by washing down a car.

This knowledge made GD go crazy when the pictures where shown of somebody using a pressure washer outside the apartment in Dallas pressure washing the puke on the sidewalk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Ebola outbreak in 1989 affected monkeys that were not in the same room but merely connected via air duct.

In late 1989, cynomolgus monkeys from the Philippines delivered to Hazleton Research Products’ Primate Quarantine Unit in Reston, Va., began dying at an alarming rate, prompting HRP to euthanize all the monkeys in that shipment, but during the 10 days after the euthanization, other monkeys in separate rooms connected only by air ducts began dying as well, which was attributed to an Ebola strain that went airborne.

Plus, lets not even discuss the fact that EBOV is classified as a aersolized bioweapon by the US government.

EBOV (Ebola Virus), along with several other highly pathogenic agents, has the potential to be used in biowarfare as aerosolized weapons and are therefore classified as biological select agents and toxins (BSATs).1,11,28,32,45,69

http://vet.sagepub.com/content/47/5/779.full.pdf

Ebola virus is also listed as a Tier 1 agent. (A subset of select agents and toxins have been designated as Tier 1 because these biological agents and toxins present the greatest risk of deliberate misuse with significant potential for mass casualties or devastating effect to the economy, critical infrastructure, or public confidence, and pose a severe threat to public health and safety).

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/select-agent-regulations.html

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They'd probably have a lot more money and better care, with all the oil and refineries and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the death totals look like flu numbers, i'll being to worry. There's ~3.4k deaths so far in a land with shit health care & people believe it doesn't exist.

That a lot of deaths in a country where the majority of its people stay in their own villages. Imagine if they were Mobil.

They'd probably have a lot more money and better care, with all the oil and refineries and all.
Firestone found out one of their employees over there got ebola and they sprung into action and prevented it from infecting anybody else.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/10/08/ebola-firestone-liberia/16908853/

Fire the cdc asshole and replace him with Firestone.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
How many folks who are laughing at Ebola are legitimately in the health care field?

I laughed at swine flu, bird flu, SARS, and even that new enterovirus. I am shit scared of aebola and I know that the ebola prep isn't going to work for any slight flicker never mind a full blown flareup.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know what concerns me more.

1. Ebola
2. The media trying really fucking hard to panic and stampede the low information herd. TV is on in the other room and the news is "ebola this, ebola that". Almost like they are trying to strike fear into people for the sake of ratings.

As of now, way more worried about #2 then #1.

ETA: Odd how there is almost no stories and fearmongering about entovirus that has infected thousands, mostly children.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now they have an excuse for tripling Obamacare premiums next year
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Could be a mistake, posting a thread on ebola based on what your wife's M.D.'s "expertise" on communicable diseases, when there are already 30,000 ebola experts on here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you in VA ???

was not aware of a Mayo Clinic in VA.

Or do you mean a doctor who worked at the MC at sometime in the past.   If so which one.

just curious.

gd
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]
FEMA will finally get to use all of their plastic coffins.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ETA: Odd how there is almost no stories and fearmongering about entovirus that has infected thousands, mostly children.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's because Enterovirus EV-D68 was brought into the USA by immigrants this summer and there would be hell to pay for the pro-illegal immigration lobby.

A study published in Virology Journal, found EV-D68 among some of the 3,375 young, ill people tested in eight Latin American countries, including the Central American nations of El Salvador and Nicaragua, in 2013

http://www.virologyj.com/content/10/1/305
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got drunk with a couple of virologists once. They said there is much nastier shit than Ebola or Hanta out there...
View Quote

it's true.

But the monkey eaters aren't spreading those.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That right there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Half of me thinks this is no big deal

But the other half of me thinks that we are in for some shit real soon

The fact that the government isn't doing a damn thing has me worried

That right there...

They're used to sweeping things under the rug and them going away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Look; Is this going to turn into the Zombie Apocalypse or not - Dammit?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Ebola outbreak in 1989 affected monkeys that were not in the same room but merely connected via air duct.

Plus, lets not even discuss the fact that EBOV is classified as a aersolized bioweapon by the US government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In late 1989, cynomolgus monkeys from the Philippines delivered to Hazleton Research Products’ Primate Quarantine Unit in Reston, Va., began dying at an alarming rate, prompting HRP to euthanize all the monkeys in that shipment, but during the 10 days after the euthanization, other monkeys in separate rooms connected only by air ducts began dying as well, which was attributed to an Ebola strain that went airborne.

EBOV (Ebola Virus), along with several other highly pathogenic agents, has the potential to be used in biowarfare as aerosolized weapons and are therefore classified as biological select agents and toxins (BSATs).1,11,28,32,45,69

Ebola virus is also listed as a Tier 1 agent. (A subset of select agents and toxins have been designated as Tier 1 because these biological agents and toxins present the greatest risk of deliberate misuse with significant potential for mass casualties or devastating effect to the economy, critical infrastructure, or public confidence, and pose a severe threat to public health and safety).

I had not read that, thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What I learned from this post.

2,  We have a member claiming to be a Mayo clinic Dr, saying Ebola is bad. I see no reason to doubt this claim of profession.

Bonjour

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#27]
As soon as I heard him say #1, I'd have been asking for a new doctor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just keep beleiving what you see on the Jon Stewart show.

But here is a question for you?

Q: What kind of Virus is EBOV (Ebola)?
A: It's a Filovirus

How are Filoviruses spread?

Filoviruses are highly infectious by the airborne route (Jaax et al., 1995; Johnson et al., 1995; Jahrling, 1997;
Peters, 2001). The vulnerability of human populations to airborne agents makes it probable that terrorists who choose
to use a filovirus as a weapon will attempt to deliver it by aerosol.

Defense against filoviruses used as biological weapons

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The United States strain of Ebola has doubled in terms of infected and thus far has a 100% mortality rate. The end is nigh.
View Quote

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Filoviruses are highly infectious by the airborne route (Jaax et al., 1995; Johnson et al., 1995; Jahrling, 1997;

Peters, 2001). The vulnerability of human populations to airborne agents makes it probable that terrorists who choose

Jon Stewart might move to "Meet the Press". He's no clown, he's a legitimate investigative journalist and reporter.

Oh and just because Ebola can spread airborne like wildfire in non-human primates does NOT mean that it will spread in human primates. Genetically we're almost 2% different than non-human primates.

And another thing, Ebola doesn't cause coughing or sneezing so that means that Ebola-infected people no longer cough or sneeze and release aerosol droplets within a meter of them, or any surfaces those sneeze/cough droplets touch either.

Stay calm.

Ebola is not out to get you.

We have much to learn from Mother Africa..... and we WILL.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Oh, and the FedGov is basically saying Ebola is here to stay so get used to it:

Secretary of Health and Human Services Sylvia Burwell
said that despite the best efforts of health officials , Americans have
to prepare for the reality
that there may be more cases of Ebola in the United States.

"We had one case and I think there may be other cases, and I
think we have to recognize that as a nation,” Burwell said at a media
breakfast hosted by the journal Health Affairs and held at the
Washington, D.C. offices of the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Ebola's here,

So don't you fear,

It'll soon be in your face.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The main things are closing the boarders to keep it out, because once its here the problem becomes almost unmanageable..

Ebola has no treatment: Zmap quantity is months to years away.

Vaccines take years to develop and test  and when available may be only 70-90% protective.

To care for Ebola patients safely you need Level 4 Biohazard suits for Drs, nurses, janitors (haul away waste, linens), waste disposal staff (anything that Ebola patients touch is highly infectious and requires safe disposal).  As you can imagine, there aren't any companies making these in bulk, they are for research labs that work with these pathogens.

So, if suddenly there are 100 patients that need staff to care for them the gear needed for the staff won't be there unless CDC starts preparing NOW.

Any room that is used medical equipment used, can never be used again as there would no way to clean it that you are I would ever want to be in there again or use it again.  Thus Ebola patient, in large outbreak would need to be in facilities separate from the run of the mill patient.  These facilities should be created now.  Closed hospitals, former VA facilities could be revitalized for the effort.

Current Ebola facilities are created to be cleaned and handle biohazard waste from these patients.  You're local hospital has none of that.
View Quote
Are you really a physician at the Mayo? Your lack of skill at spelling makes me question that you are. Not just in the post above, either. Among the errors in your previous post was use of "little lone" instead of "let alone."

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Was his specialty Infectious Diseases?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oh, and the FedGov is basically saying Ebola is here to stay so get used to it:

Secretary of Health and Human Services Sylvia Burwell said that despite the best efforts of health officials , Americans have to prepare for the reality that there may be more cases of Ebola in the United States.

"We had one case and I think there may be other cases, and I think we have to recognize that as a nation,” Burwell said at a media breakfast hosted by the journal Health Affairs and held at the Washington, D.C. offices of the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Ebola's here,
So don't you fear,
It'll soon be in your face.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Jon Stewart might move to "Meet the Press". He's no clown, he's a legitimate investigative journalist and reporter.

Oh and just because Ebola can spread airborne like wildfire in non-human primates does NOT mean that it will spread in human primates. Genetically we're almost 2% different than non-human primates.

And another thing, Ebola doesn't cause coughing or sneezing so that means that Ebola-infected people no longer cough or sneeze and release aerosol droplets within a meter of them, or any surfaces those sneeze/cough droplets touch either.

Stay calm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay calm.

riight

Does that mean if I get Ebola my smokers cough will go away so I can't infect people?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but this has me worried.

This is sounding more and more like the beginning of many movies I've watched...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is sounding more and more like the beginning of many movies I've watched...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Are you really a physician at the Mayo? Your lack of skill at spelling makes me question that you are. Not just in the post above, either. Among the errors in your previous post was use of "little lone" instead of "let alone."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The main things are closing the boarders to keep it out, because once its here the problem becomes almost unmanageable..

Ebola has no treatment: Zmap quantity is months to years away.

Vaccines take years to develop and test  and when available may be only 70-90% protective.

To care for Ebola patients safely you need Level 4 Biohazard suits for Drs, nurses, janitors (haul away waste, linens), waste disposal staff (anything that Ebola patients touch is highly infectious and requires safe disposal).  As you can imagine, there aren't any companies making these in bulk, they are for research labs that work with these pathogens.

So, if suddenly there are 100 patients that need staff to care for them the gear needed for the staff won't be there unless CDC starts preparing NOW.

Any room that is used medical equipment used, can never be used again as there would no way to clean it that you are I would ever want to be in there again or use it again.  Thus Ebola patient, in large outbreak would need to be in facilities separate from the run of the mill patient.  These facilities should be created now.  Closed hospitals, former VA facilities could be revitalized for the effort.

Current Ebola facilities are created to be cleaned and handle biohazard waste from these patients.  You're local hospital has none of that.

Forest for the trees...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What exactly are you medical credentials again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly are you medical credentials again?
Hey, if a doctor doesn't know that Ebola isn't airborne, then you should question the doc's credibility.

I don't know much about cars, but if my mechanic fills my gas tank with water and insists the car will start.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

As recently as August 2014 the Canadian Public Health Association said on their website that it is STRONGLY SUSPECTED that Ebola has airborne transmission in humans.

So I guess all those doctors are wrong?

Link to cached page

They changed the page on August 22.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As recently as August 2014 the Canadian Public Health Association said on their website that it is STRONGLY SUSPECTED that Ebola has airborne transmission in humans.

So I guess all those doctors are wrong?

Link to cached page

They changed the page on August 22.
So they currently aren't saying it's airborne transmission, is that what you are trying to say?

Pretty shitty airborne transmitted disease, so far Ebola is as contagious as Hepatitis C.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]

They never could rule out cross-contamination in Reston, most researchers believe it wasn't airborne transmitted.  The monkeys involved in the Reston outbreak were shipped together in cages in groups of 20 to 30 before being separated.  Also, to really confuse matters they had been cross-infected with a different lethal hemorrhagic fever that was already known at the time.  

How could an airborne transmitted disease have the same transmission rate as Hepatitis C?

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow, I cab see a change on peoples views on Ebola.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Take your wife to another doctor...the one you have is an absolute moron if he said that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So wife is in with doc seeing about an esophageal issue (btw healed) anyway consult is winding down so I ask..so doc...what's your take on Ebola?

1. CDC is lying...its airborne...

2. Research does not show an animal nexus...

3. Its here...and the .gov has no way to prevent its spread other than complete travel ban and quarantine until it dies out.

4. Lots of people are going to die here...

5. Avoid airlines, wash hands often, avoid crowds and ill people.

6. It cost $500,000 to treat patient zero,  a pandemic will destroy our economy...

Take your wife to another doctor...the one you have is an absolute moron if he said that.
Careful, "they" will start jumping over you for this as well.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Don't push back, because that would be gay.

For those who don't believe Ebola is airborne. I guess you know more than US Army virologists and researchers who study Ebola.

Ignorance is not a barrier method.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1997182/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sitting on a plane reading this.

I can almost feel the Ebola entering my body right now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Don't push back, because that would be gay.

For those who don't believe Ebola is airborne. I guess you know more than US Army virologists and researchers who study Ebola.

Ignorance is not a barrier method.

According to the Center for Aerobiological Sciences, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Maryland:

(1) Ebola has an aerosol stability that is comparable to Influenza-A

(2) Much like Flu, Airborne Ebola transmissions need Winter type conditions to maximize Aerosol infection

Demonstration of fatal aerosol transmission of this virus in monkeys reinforces the importance of taking appropriate precautions to prevent its potential aerosol transmission to humans.

On page 233 of the study you posted:

"Epidemiology studies of human disease outbreaks in sub-Saharan Africa did not suggest that aerosol transmission of filoviruses was likely in that setting.  Virus did not spread easily from person to person during the Ebola virus epidemics in Africa and attack rates were highest in individuals who were in direct physical contact with a primary case.  The rates were 3.5 times higher in people who provided nursing care than in those who were in casual contact with a primary case, no case occurred in children whose only known exposure to the virus was sleeping in the huts occupied by their fatally ill parents."

So do you even read the studies you are posting?  It clearly states that Ebola is not an airborne transmitted disease.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but there is no private insurance in America that will pay for experimental Ebola treatments.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
If he had actually read the article he would have seen where it said that Ebola is definitely not airborne transmitted.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The infected monkeys spent the time being transported from Southeast Asia to Virginia in cages consisting of groups of 30.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfft.

'07'ers....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The issue with cross-contamination doesn't deal with their time at the facility, but the time spent in group cages during shipment from Southeast Asia.  

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top