Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Y'all are busting heads @ $1200 bucks

32" tires but less than $100 bucks for the parts

In a mechanic shop, it's about a 30 min job to install.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never heard of leveling kits until arfcom.

I've been adding them to new trucks for years.
Relatively inexpensive ($1200 installed) and allows for 33inch x 11.5inch tires.

Pretty popular with the younger crowd.

It's a shame the Chevy 1500's need a 4" lift to fit 33's
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are you gonna answer the questions about removing the emission systems and still having a warranty? Or this like an EBay said it was cool can you guys take this shit off for me warranty?
View Quote

Dont know yet, just going by here say at the dealer ship, got to ask em some time and see.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dont know yet, just going by here say at the dealer ship, got to ask em some time and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you gonna answer the questions about removing the emission systems and still having a warranty? Or this like an EBay said it was cool can you guys take this shit off for me warranty?

If its a huge problem GM is going to want to see a what your computer had running..  So no warranty when the CP4 blows to shit. I waited until 30k miles. Saved me about a grand since prices for kits blew up around that time when the EPA started cracking down.. But i already had the kit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No no no no no!!!!!  

I'm one of the suspension engineers on that truck.  DO NOT put a leveling kit on it.  I can list a thousand reasons why its a bad idea.  It's designed to run right where it is.

Seriously, the forward rake is there for aerodynamics and to make sure that, even when loaded to GVW, your bed line will never have a negative rake.  Nobody wants their truck to look like it is dragging its tail.

With that said...  Nice truck!  Enjoy it!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2015, GMC serria 2500 hd 4x4, tow package, 6.6 Duramax.

Going for a leveling kit for it first, needs a 2.5 inch on the front for level. Then I'm not sure where I'm going for there.

No no no no no!!!!!  

I'm one of the suspension engineers on that truck.  DO NOT put a leveling kit on it.  I can list a thousand reasons why its a bad idea.  It's designed to run right where it is.

Seriously, the forward rake is there for aerodynamics and to make sure that, even when loaded to GVW, your bed line will never have a negative rake.  Nobody wants their truck to look like it is dragging its tail.

Mind walking over to the building they keep the engineers in that decided to make the def tank the lowest thing on the truck and then punch them in the dick for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Offroad? LOLz.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mind walking over to the building they keep the engineers in that decided to make the def tank the lowest thing on the truck and then punch them in the dick for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going for a leveling kit for it first, needs a 2.5 inch on the front for level. Then I'm not sure where I'm going for there.

No no no no no!!!!!  

No fucking shit!  That has to be the worst or close to the worst engineering GM has ever come out with. Even on a paved road there's huge risks of running over something that will take that right out. Any fucking moron would see that!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
nice truck op!

what you guys are seeing is a plastic skid plate for the def tank, the actual def tank is higher and close to level with the bottom of the frame.

mine drives and tows fine with a leveling kit, they are personal preference imo, I wanted a little more front end clearance since I almost ripped the valance off the front bumper within the first few weeks of having the truck.

pics of mine for reference with leveling kit and ranch hand front bumper:

Ive been really happy with mine so far, trying to wear the stock tires out before i get some thing better, looks like it will fit 35s no problem. I just need to find a yeti sticker for it so gd can hate it more!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The whole geometry of the front end is changed. I've had leveled trucks, driven others leveled trucks.They all ride like shit compared to stock.

I'm keeping my current one stock height.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/IMAG0691_zps56fd7fa9.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured something was off on that. All the GM dealers down here use the one I have linked to. It "may" be worth telling management about. They are easy to install, quick front end alignment and your done.  The spacer goes inbetween the lower shock mount and the A frame. Does not change ride quality.

Don't believe you on ride quality.

the spring is not changed, therefor the ride quality does not change. How/why is that hard to believe?

The whole geometry of the front end is changed. I've had leveled trucks, driven others leveled trucks.They all ride like shit compared to stock.

I'm keeping my current one stock height.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/IMAG0691_zps56fd7fa9.jpg
As a Ford guy, that is a nice fucking truck and tastefully executed.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Level it, dont drive IFS vehicles so idk how, but then put air bag helpers under the rear and your set.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Could the front end (and bumper looking thing) get any fucking bigger?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Level it, dont drive IFS vehicles so idk how, but then put air bag helpers under the rear and your set.
View Quote

Air bags still won't bring the back end up on a fully leveled truck.  Leave 1 to 1.5 inches of rake or it will look fucking stupid loaded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Weather tech complete floor mats.
20% tint on all windows.
Locking folding bed cover.
Go to semi truck place and get Allison filters cheaper than dealer, check prices. The little spin on oil filter on the tranny. I changed all fluids and filters at 1K miles on my new 2006. Then ran Mobil 1 in diffs, Rotella T synthetic was good for 10K miles according to Blackstone labs, but I did 5-7500 mile oil changes.
The big air filter use Napa gold/Wix, same with oil filter.
I put a 90 gallon gravity fed toolbox/tank in mine. It fit under bed cover. And with factory tank at say 28 gallons, 128 gallons you can go 2K miles without fueling.

Congrats and nice truck.
View Quote

Gay.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No no no no no!!!!!  

you try fitting 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack.  It was tight under there before, and THEN they came along and made us add the DEF bs.  

If anyone deserves a swift kick in the nuts, it's FBHO and his stooges at the EPA.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ranch hand replacement bumpers, front and rear.
View Quote

This.

You don't REALLY need a leveling kit.   A good tint job where legal is very nice, though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Always start with removing the dealers stickers, and then tint the windows and eyebrow the windshield.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Update,  that new truck has 1500 miles on it...  It's broken.

It's at the dealer for warranty work. DEF system throwing errors, seams to be a sensor error.

knew it would happen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Update,  that new truck has 1500 miles on it...  It's broken.

It's at the dealer for warranty work. DEF system throwing errors, seams to be a sensor error.

knew it would happen.
View Quote

I know how to fix that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Let's see the Freightliner...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not a toyota arf will hate u
View Quote

I dunno.

The duramax + allison combo is hard to ignore.  Especially when you look at Ford's and Ram's issues.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I dunno.

The duramax + allison combo is hard to ignore.  Especially when you look at Ford's and Ram's issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.

I love mine. Pulls like a beast...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]
My two cents:

Tinted windows

spray in bedliner

under-rail bedlights

roll-n-lock bed cover

B&W stow a ball gooseneck hitch

helper airbags for the rear axle

Anderson rapid hitch
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never heard of leveling kits until arfcom.

I've been adding them to new trucks for years.
Relatively inexpensive ($1200 installed) and allows for 33inch x 11.5inch tires.

Pretty popular with the younger crowd.

Dagger got to eat bro! It's Canadian money so like only $100 U.S.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Let's see the Freightliner...
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have no idea why they make a 4x4 truck that, well, frankly CAN'T go off road due to all the low hanging shit.

OP, 1st thing to do is lose the air dam.

2nd thing, lose the girly tires.
View Quote

Because they need to meet CAFE standards, and the air dam makes a substantial difference. But as far as I know, there is no law against removing it, the minute you get it home.

Here in the upper midwest, they will get ripped off eventually, usually when you go through a frozen pile of snow from the plow, at the end of a driveway or wherever. I broke one once on an off-ramp of the interstate. Plow left a big mound at my exit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Tint
Rims/Tires

Diamond back bed cover
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A few gallons of cow piss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is that crap hanging down below the passenger side door?  

They claim it's "synthetic", but I'll bet it's really just purified piss.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No fucking shit!  That has to be the worst or close to the worst engineering GM has ever come out with. Even on a paved road there's huge risks of running over something that will take that right out. Any fucking moron would see that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No no no no no!!!!!  

Seriously, can you mention it to someone from that team?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I dunno.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.

No issues here.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're kidding, but I fear not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not kidding. The main ingredient is urea. Do they make it artificially, or get it from cow piss? Hmmm, which would be cheaper...
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top