Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I really enjoyed the show, but for one thing. If I turn the sound up high enough to make out the dialogue, it is a sure bet that within 60 seconds thrashing rock music will come on at level 12 out 10.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely going SJW.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely going SJW.
View Quote
You know, I got to the part where they're going red, and got a little roll eyes about it...

But fuck you know, the shit happened in real life, so... eh.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hands down my favorite show. As mentioned, season 6 is in the works and rumors of season 7. Supposedly season 7 will take us up to the first air raid siren of the Battle of Britain, and that will be the end of the series. As much as I hate to see this season end without answers, it is a good set up for the next season. I wish these were 10 or 12 episode seasons to cover all the time gaps, but what we do get is phenomenal for a fictitious drama.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You know, I got to the part where they're going red, and got a little roll eyes about it...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely going SJW.

Don’t forget Pol being such a badass and Tommy and Pol confronting the nuns over the abuse of blacks.  Just wait for the gay/tranny agenda.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely going SJW.

True enough. According to the historians that study the period, The war brought class hate to a boil and the commie party gained a lot of traction during the time frame following the war.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

True enough. According to the historians that study the period, The war brought class hate to a boil and the commie party gained a lot of traction during the time frame following the war.
View Quote
It's a minor miracle the educated middle class didn't kill half the generals in WW1 and usurp power. Some of the absolute criminal incompetence that killed tens of thousands makes me wonder why mutiny was not more common.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Just started it with the Mrs.  Not bad
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I really enjoyed the show, but for one thing. If I turn the sound up high enough to make out the dialogue, it is a sure bet that within 60 seconds thrashing rock music will come on at level 12 out 10.
View Quote
Wife and I both found that pretty annoying the other entire series.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don’t forget Pol being such a badass and Tommy and Pol confronting the nuns over the abuse of blacks.  Just wait for the gay/tranny agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely going SJW.

That part didn't bother me as much when you consider that the Shelbys are gypsies (generally looked down upon by...well....everyone) they now have a lot of power, and Tommy's future nephew is going to be a half-gypsy, half-black, bastard child.  What did strike me as a very "orange man bad" part was when Oswald Mosley gave his speech at Tommy's Swan Lake party and his "England First" comment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The depiction of Mosley is a little too SJW for me. He certainly had policies that favored England, and wanted to isolate it from what he (probably rightly) saw happening with international politics and industry.

For anyone interested, a reasonably correct (and short) article is here: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/why-the-british-union-fascist-movement-appealed-to-so-many-women.html

His version of fascism was actually a lot more civilized, and very little of the anti-zionist stuff that was so prominent in the European parties.
As always, there is the popular depiction, and then there is reality ... sometimes, they agree. In part.

As a side note - I ended up living in the next village along from the place where he moved to and died (Orsay, France).
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea, they failed hard with the "people liked it in the original seasons so lets add MORE!!!!1!"
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Just finished Season 5, certainly picked up a bit towards the last half....but not quite as good as previous seasons.   Plus, maybe I missed it from last season, but did they completely ignore Tommy getting everyone arrested??
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top