Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot next to FBHO. Then start buying old rusted pickups and muscle cars, the more redneck the better, all with Kentucky licence plates. Then hold weekly mud bog runs. And rodeos for all the new residents that Brandon is allowing in. I like rodeos. Oh, can't forget the trailers for them to stay in. If they try to block the view with a fence, I'll just bring in fill to raise it up! Then it's off to the west coast to see what's available in Nancy's hood! I think she needs a tent City next door. A loud, smelly tent City!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Pay off mortgages, get gf a newer vehicle.  Pay off my brother's and mom's mortgage.

Invest the rest.  I have everything I need.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
1958 Plymouth Fury with a modern drivetrain and suspension.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
A sailboat so people can’t find me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Land
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
40 acres and a backhoe is my standard answer
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Couple hundred thousand acres in Montana,  Wyoming,  for me and my buddies private hunting ranch .
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
First I’d buy a new house out right and 2 camps up north in different areas with some acerage.

I’d buy a brand new dmax and some heavy equipment.  Some guns and a new bow and I’d quit my job.

I wouldn’t change much outside of buying a couple newer upgraded things and doing Lot more hunting and fishing   My parents would be retired
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Land and 4 wheelers
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
More land. More Ammo. Things. Everyone buys things, I'd buy things.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd want to go home and re-think my life.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd shut the fuck up and lay low
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd buy a massive ranch in the mountains where I would live out my days with children and grandchildren nearby (I have generously provided nice homes).

And once a year the ranch would host a Schützenfest of such renown it would attract competitors from around the world.   It would -- will, let's be optimistic -- include many tests of marksmanship, including both an extreme long distance event and opportunities for those who have never shot but have come anyway, curious.  The porta-potties will be clean, the food tasty and plentiful, and the T-shirts quite nice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#15]
A small island in one of the great lakes, sea plane, nice home compound/lighthouse.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Four brand New snowmobiles, trailer and truck to haul them. Then spend some time riding wherever the snow is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Sections of land.
Quad tube nods.
machine guns.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't believe it hasn't been posted yet...

And some machine guns.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Build a house where cost was never a factor in any design decision.  I'd have fun with that.

A trip to space on a Crew Dragon.  That's a bucket list item.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I’d buy some land in the country.

Then I’d start buying DAs George Soros style.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need a used pickup, if I won the lotto, I'd buy one instead of waiting out the market.
View Quote

At current prices, you might use up a considerable amount of your winnings...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Ruben Mendiola would be my new best friend.  A Viking 90 would be purchased and me and a few friends would hit the marlin tournament circuit.  Oh, and whores.  A lot of whores.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Probably just farm until it was all gone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Buy Howard Hugh's "Spruce Goose".

Mount Eight Russian  Kuznetsov NK-12 turboprop engines with counter rotating props from TU-95 Bear.

Old 3,000 Horsepower x 8 engines = 27,000 horsepower with all the problems of piston powered engines.

New 12,000 Horsepower x 8 engines = 96,000 horsepower for a big power upgrade.

Redecorate interior as Flying Mansion that I can move "home" from Monaco or Tahiti or South Beach or Lake Tahoe or anywhere in a few hours of luxurious flying fine wines and plenty of sky-whores.

Come On Come ON Big Big Bucks!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd buy the women in the BOTD asian thread!
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Own land I could describe it by the sections, not the acres.
View Quote

This. One of those thirty or fifty square mile jobs sounds good for a three season place.
Going to have something down south for most winters.

Airstrip. Caravan fitted with long range tanks (might need to get to FL from my place in WY).

Homes on it for all the kids too. Wouldn’t make them useless layabouts, but they’d have some opportunity they probably wouldn’t otherwise.

Toys… I’d buy a mini gun just because.
I’d have a nice off shore cabin fisher. Easily seven digits there. And someplace on a lake somewhere. And maybe the coast. Maybe the Caribbean.

I’ll worry about more if it happens, lol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#27]
A lots of armed game changers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
'70s Mopars. And a big ass garage/warehouse to keep them in.

"What Mopar should I drive today?"

Then a P-40.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great big tits for the Mrs.
View Quote

I'd buy me a few ladies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#30]
100 acres and a modest house.

I would still come to work the next day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I was going to reply...but I looked up the numbers and I only won  $8...

So I can buy myself a burger and fries...but no drink...or drink and no fries...

EDIT:

Pay off what debt I still have...which isn't much at this point.  

First things first is land, probably around 500 acres in the hills somewhere.  Build a house with all the things I need.  Big heated garage on the house.  Large pole barn with a shop area inside it that's heated.  Equipment to maintain the land.  The focus on this land would be to be as self sufficient as possible.  Main house would be on grid, but setup to be run off grid fairly easily and comfortably for a certain period of time(month-ish).  Another area of the property would be set up for significant/indefinite off grid living.  Lease out the tillable, lease out some of the woods for hunting, hunt the best parts myself.

I have some friends/family members that would be getting their mortgages/trucks/business loans/student loans/etc paid off.

After that I would be investing a significant portion of the money in land, income producing property, crypto, stock market, businesses, etc.  Be fairly diversified while trying to keep my personal involvement in that fairly low.  

After that, living off the interest, dividends, and income being produced by those to the best of my abilities.  Once I'm at the point of living happily on the invested monies, I'll be hunting/fishing/enjoying myself as much as I can and taking my kids/friends/family along with me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Buy Land

Build a house on it

Build a bunker on it

Buy an insanely expensive off-road vehicle

Buy a 1968 or 1969 Dodge Charger and restomod it

Buy Quad Nods for myself and everyone I know

Buy an insanely expensive AR-15

Buy a Rolex Submariner

Buy some more Bitcoin

Buy some more gold

Pay off the houses of my family and friends

Give some money to my church and various other charities

Adopt some children and shower them with love, attention, and material possessions

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:17:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would buy the land that joins mine. All of it.
View Quote

The second thing I always consider.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:23:46 AM EDT
[#34]
A time machine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:37:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Buy Arfcom. Ban all the mods and staff. Post poop threads.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#36]
New house, pay off my truck, get wife a new vehicle, finally open my dream cigar and whiskey lounge, invest the rest
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Lotsa land to build a road course.

Of course, all the things to go with it.

My conservative estimate of disposable income is in the neighborhood of $120,000 every month.

Work?
Definitely set up a covert repair parts operation and finance get my guys' equipment back up to par. Maybe even hire a couple guys to work in the shop.
Home?
While working, just get a decently larger place with spaces/places for all my current stuff. Hire a maid service.
Vehicles?
Get the truck, car, and motorbike that I want. Get a 'beater' version of each.

Retire.
Update/round out my tools.
Get a charter plane service going, visit family ALL the time.
Get a toy/race/car/living trailer. Fill it. Go to tracks every other weekend.
Get more schoolin'.
Get a widget prototype shop going. Flesh out a couple ideas.
Get to about 0.5% of Jerry M.
Look at starting a private 'school'.
Start a Machinist's School.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Have somebody else shovel snow. Fireplace insert. Have Blanton's call me, and that old guy smoking a cigar. What's for lunch, in Paris? Me drive, why?

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Pick the money up, gamble all weekend and then back to work on Monday.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#40]
A condo here, another overseas, invest a vast majority of the rest and live off of dividends. Maybe renounce citizenship for the tax benefits.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Hookers and blow.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Freedom
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#43]
I've got 20 to 30 years left above ground. I'd do some serious research to find the place that is likely to be the most stable and safe to spend that time and buy my way in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This. One of those thirty or fifty square mile jobs sounds good for a three season place.
Going to have something down south for most winters.

Airstrip. Caravan fitted with long range tanks (might need to get to FL from my place in WY).

Homes on it for all the kids too. Wouldn't make them useless layabouts, but they'd have some opportunity they probably wouldn't otherwise.

Toys I'd buy a mini gun just because.
I'd have a nice off shore cabin fisher. Easily seven digits there. And someplace on a lake somewhere. And maybe the coast. Maybe the Caribbean.

I'll worry about more if it happens, lol.
View Quote

For a short while 25 years ago lived on a ranch in TX doing research. It was larger than Washington D.C. You would need much more than powerball winnings for something that size. Most ranches that size now have "stake" holders and different divisions. Cattle, wildlife, mineral, etc...Even with powerball winnings depending on where you buy it would be hard nowdays to get mineral rights included. Even if you own a section or more of land whoever has the mienral rights can come in and drill anytime. Luckily the little mineral rights I have were aquired in the 60's before the oil crunch and fracking became a thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#45]
If it was hundreds and hundreds of millions to where I was as rich as all of the living Beatles and Yoko Ono put together, I'd have a Tahoe castle built on the correct side of the lake and maybe another smaller place in NYC for when I didn't really need to be playing with my registered miniguns, presuming I'm even in to guns and shooting anymore.  I'd fly between either place when the notion for a change of scenery struck me.  My home is already Nevada so that's my domicile of record for tax purposes.

The area I like in Manhattan would be a rooftop penthouse on Fifth Avenue facing Central Park between the Guggenheim museum around 89th Street and 69th St.  I'd just jump through whatever hoops of flame there are in NYC to get a piddly little gun permit.  Money will grease the skids no doubt.  Besides, I just read today that armed robbery is a misdemeanor in NYC now.  I really wouldn't need to spend a whole lot of time down on the street so it would be holing up with a grand view of NYC from a swanky penthouse that's even more astonishing than we're able to imagine.

One nutty extravagance I'd look at buying would be this certain demilitarized Bell AH-1 Cobra I'm aware of that has been sitting dormant in a hangar since it was too costly to operationally maintain for Nevada firefighting purposes.  If I acquired it I'd have it disassembled competently and trucked away to be shipped off to bring it up to AH-1S specs by an official foreign Air Force that still uses them and is selling off their existing stockpile of parts and airframes.  Strip off the orange and white livery it's painted in right now and send it back in a year or so whenever it's ready looking all correct in flat dark earth camo.  Just go over the whole bird my friends and send me the bill.  Five million?  Fine, my accountants will wire it from one of the banks I use in Switzerland.  Please charter oceangoing freight for delivery and send me that bill too. I'll worry about the FAA later on.  Meanwhile I suppose I need to learn to get the appropriate jet helicopter rated license in my spare time.  I'm sure I can swing it, since if they're letting Elon Musk acquire and operate what's basically an intercontinental ballistic missile program they're not going to give me a bunch of lip about a restored vintage attack helicopter that has no weaponry hardpoints installed on it.  That'll all be crated up and stored elsewhere, like at my movie rental enterprise that never rents a thing.

I would still be a great philanthropist in my spare time and do good things.  Others would handle that kind of charity with my say-so while I did things like travel like the impossibly wealthy do:  No luggage needed, just maybe a toothbrush and just buy what I need after I arrive.  Or the bellboy in Waikiki can just hand it off to my security men.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#46]
A new set of tires on my car.  Maybe I would have the A/C fixed too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Everything.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#48]
I would commission an app that would pay a $10 bounty to any bum that takes a shit on a liberal politician's driveway and posts a picture. $20 for the doorstep.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was in southern Utah last weekend.  Don’t sell lotto tickets in Utah.

I took my daughter and two nieces on a jeep ride on some dirt roads and ended up in AZ.  we bought some lotto tickets for the heck of it.

We drove back on the dirt roads and they talked for 2 hours about what they would do if they won.  

They will remember that little road trip for life.  Tickets already paid for themselves.
View Quote

Priceless
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Call it a billion dollar jackpot. Call it 400 million after taxes and the lump sum discount.

100 Million: I climb to the top of a tall hill in Wyoming or Montana and buy every acre I can see. I build a modest but comfortable cabin at the top of that hill. 3,000 sq feet or so. I then build a compound of guest cabins and a truly obscenely large shop, and fill it with all manner of toys, guns, and metalworking equipment.

50 Million: Goes into a medium risk fund. Targeting 15% annual return. That's my fun money. I blow the returns on literally anything I want, whenever I want.

50 Million: One time payment to St Jude, in the name of NickGunar.

100 Million: I buy various farms and ranches across the country, and put 4 years' salary into escrow in order to hire the best managers on the planet to run them.

100 Million: An extremely conservative investment, maybe even Treasury bonds. The dividends are split between growing the fund and whatever charities I deem worthy.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top