Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop responding to her . 4 years later and no kids . When was the last time you bumped uglies ?  Why ??????? Think with your big head for a change. Sorry about the kid but not your kid.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You should get back with her before she ends up fucking up another mans life.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How the fuck was she able to get a restraining order granted against someone thousands of miles away!!??
View Quote
This - the courts in her state have no jurisdiction in AZ.
Is she going to fly to AZ to file the complaint?
That undercuts her argument..
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not really, if I posted her emails here. The first two saying I owe her money and she's going to take me to court and she's going to make me pay  by using the insults I said three months ago against me.
The 3rd email was her saying whatever, forget about it, she's just not gonna deal with me anymore.
I'm guessing because I gave no response after emails two and three that made her really mad, leaving the fourth email, Her threats of a for sure protection order and lies about stuff I did not do to obviously "show" the court she's a victim.
View Quote
Was this argument three months ago in person or over the phone long distance?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Block her phone number on your phone.

2. Blacklist her email address from your email account.

3. Move on with your life.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Was this argument three months ago in person or over the phone long distance?
View Quote
Email and text long distance
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll only say that a RO in any state is also valid in my state. AZ law may be less severe though. Lets say OP gets an order against him in state A, lives in state B and comes to California and brings a gun. in California he would be a prohibited person subject to arrest for prohibit person possess firearm, prohibited person possess ammo and violation of a court order.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Forget about the RO.  Stop all contact, you'll get nothing but problems from any further correspondence.  She should not be able to find a contact for you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ITT: Woman uses lies and threats to extort money from innocent man.  Surely this has never happened before. 

File a suit for PTSD against her for the admitted fraud.  
View Quote
This really is one of those areas where men get the shaft.
Pisses me off. Sadly it's because of men like my Father and what you could get away with in the 80's.
Now the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well then, enjoy your misery and hard lesson.
View Quote
GD is often a cruel and merciless place...like a desert.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well then, enjoy your misery and hard lesson.
Threads like this are probably good for others to read and hopefully learn from. Although I've read these before
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really, if I posted her emails here. The first two saying I owe her money and she's going to take me to court and she's going to make me pay  by using the insults I said three months ago against me.
The 3rd email was her saying whatever, forget about it, she's just not gonna deal with me anymore.
I'm guessing because I gave no response after emails two and three that made her really mad, leaving the fourth email, Her threats of a for sure protection order and lies about stuff I did not do to obviously "show" the court she's a victim.
View Quote
Probably empty threats.  She needs $.  She's trying to find it anywhere she thinks she can get it.  Sounds like she's an ex for a reason, and part of that reason is probably that she was a manipulative bitch who would stoop to any level to get her way....
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You NEVER give up your guns.  Never!
View Quote
This is why you never ask for legal advice from GD.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Probably empty threats.  She needs $.  She's trying to find it anywhere she thinks she can get it.  Sounds like she's an ex for a reason, and part of that reason is probably that she was a manipulative bitch who would stoop to any level to get her way....
View Quote
Oh you've met her
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't read the thread yet.

Yall are fuck buddies aren't you? She visits, you visit or y'all meet half way someplace
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stop responding to her. 4 years later and no kids.
View Quote
This FFS.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I haven't read the thread yet.

Yall are fuck buddies aren't you? She visits, you visit or y'all meet half way someplace
View Quote
Actually no not even once. I don't think I ever saw her when I wasn't dating someone. Most times I would drive 2 hours (before she moved) to spend all day with her son and family (mom, sister, niece). We'd have fun all day and as soon as my ex came home from work I'd leave. Sometimes we would talk but never really comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Monday morning, first thing before anything else, lawyer.  

Give the lawyer everything, print all the emails and texts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Sell all of your guns to a REALLY good friend for $1. Keep one or two that you need but not the really good ones.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You can have a FFL hold your firearms, you should have one you can trust. The local police can hold them, usually more expensive, they don't give a fuck about taking care of them and if you have quite a few they can be real dickheads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You can have a FFL hold your firearms, you should have one you can trust. The local police can hold them, usually more expensive, they don't give a fuck about taking care of them and if you have quite a few they can be real dickheads.
You know I never considered that.  Sounds like a pretty good idea really.
Quoted:
How the fuck was she able to get a restraining order granted against someone thousands of miles away!!??
AFAIK the OP hasn't been served with one yet.  It's entirely possible she lied to scare him into paying her what she wants.

Thus, all the advice to get a lawyer, drop all contact etc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Give her a p320
View Quote
Springloaded plate at the bottom of holster with a 3 second delay.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
what was said in those?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No kids and because I'm a fucking idiot
View Quote
How'd you get into a fight from a couple thousand miles away?  Something is rotten in Denmark.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Document everything. Get an app that records phone call (make sure to tell her that the conversation is being recorded). That should end contact really quick.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#26]
These guys are all pussies. OP you need to put a baby in that woman ASAP to get her under control.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't help but feel we don't have all the info....  Get a lawyer though OP.  I feel like the idle threat will most likely remain at idle but never know
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
shes bluffing/lying......
View Quote
This.  OP is stupid enough (sorry man...just trying to keep it real) to keep in touch with his ex of four years...she's figuring that she can talk him out of some money.  There's no f*****g restraining order unless the OP left out some details. ex. He actually threatened his ex.

I don't care how female centered the criminal justice system is (I dealt with it during my divorce)...the only way a magistrate, judge, etc. is going to grant an RO in a situation like this (the OP is geographically separated by a significant distance from his ex) is if there was an threat communicated by the OP.

I had a $h1t show of a divorce with a woman that would have pulled the same stunt with me if I had let her.  You have to cut her off. Period.  With no kids, there's no f*****g excuse to be in communication with a woman that you divorced four years ago...unless you still have feelings for her and want to get back together with her.  No joke...I've known two people that have done that.  If that's the case...good luck with that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The judge didn't ask for some fucking proof........documentary evidence for god's sake!!??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
shes bluffing/lying......
The judge didn't ask for some fucking proof........documentary evidence for god's sake!!??
In Missouri, Temporary Restraining Orders are granted almost immediately based on the Petitioner's statements about the need for them.

They are not enforceable unless the respondent has been served with it. They have 72 hours to be served, or it dies/gets pulled.

Once served, there will be a court hearing scheduled within 30 days. The Judge will hear arguments from both sides and determine if a Full Order of Protection is required or if the TRO should be dropped.

If only one party shows up to the hearing, the Judge finds for that party.

I have no idea how a Restraining Order could be filed across State lines, or how such a thing would be enforceable, but I'm not a lawyer either.

TRO's & FOP's work on both parties. Petitioner gets a TRO against the Respondent and later calls Respondent,(or texts, or emails, etc), then the Petitioner has just violated the TRO and can get arrested for Felony Violating an Ex Parte (Missouri term for TRO). I've made that arrest before, and it gets entertaining.

Get a lawyer just to hash out your State's laws about this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Male privilege?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's what's actually going on:
Ex-wife is in need of money. Ex-wife is using a threat to extort money from OP.
To OP: Look, dummy, she's an EX-wife for a reason. Stop dicking around and put her in the rear view. There isn't a restraining order, nor is there going to be one. Please understand that for an "order of protection" to be issued there has to be a threat or a possibility of violence involved. Her going to a judge and saying that she's afraid of you when you are "on the other side of the country" is not going to fly with just about any judge anywhere. Until you actually see a piece of paperwork with your name on it, stop fucking worrying about it, ya idiot. It's a bluff to frighten you into giving her money.
Now, print off all emails and document everything. Never, ever again have any contact with her. If she send you more emails, print them off and archive in your account. Do not respond, ignore any attempts at phone contact.
Should you somehow find yourself holding a restraining order with your name on it, THEN contact attorney and start going through all the stuff required to comply. Otherwise, calm the fuck down. Stop hyperventilating at some windy threat by a greedy bitch.
View Quote
Some family courts will give TRO's with no evidence other than an accusation, and if the accused doesn't show in court to defend himself in X amount of days, it turns into a real RO.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In Missouri, Temporary Restraining Orders are granted almost immediately based on the Petitioner's statements about the need for them.

They are not enforceable unless the respondent has been served with it. They have 72 hours to be served, or it dies/gets pulled.

Once served, there will be a court hearing scheduled within 30 days. The Judge will hear arguments from both sides and determine if a Full Order of Protection is required or if the TRO should be dropped.

If only one party shows up to the hearing, the Judge finds for that party.

I have no idea how a Restraining Order could be filed across State lines, or how such a thing would be enforceable, but I'm not a lawyer either.

TRO's & FOP's work on both parties. Petitioner gets a TRO against the Respondent and later calls Respondent,(or texts, or emails, etc), then the Petitioner has just violated the TRO and can get arrested for Felony Violating an Ex Parte (Missouri term for TRO). I've made that arrest before, and it gets entertaining.

Get a lawyer just to hash out your State's laws about this.
View Quote
Great info and great advice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Restraining order is not valid until served. If the officer can't find you to serve it it will eventually die and you will be gtg. Save her threats and document her lies as best you can. Sell you gun collection to someone you trust to sell them back if you win your case in the end.

Judges can do whatever they want. Judge can choose to believe her despite evidence. I worked with a guy (LEO). He had RO against the ex who filed to have it lifted. The judge allowed some shennanigans and the lifted the order and flipped onto him. He sat for months until the judge finally agreed to lift he order so he could go back to work but refused to return his gun collection....?

So he could have his gun to work but he could not have the rest of his shit... He eventually lost it all because he had to file bank ruptcy and the lawyers ended up calling buddies to come buy his shit at auction... It was complete BS
View Quote
The San Francisco chief of police wasn't allowed to have a gun lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some family courts will give TRO's with no evidence other than an accusation, and if the accused doesn't show in court to defend himself in X amount of days, it turns into a real RO.
View Quote
Divorces where kids are in the mix are a whole other ballgame.  That's not the case here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Divorced for four years, got into a "big fight" three months ago.....Sorry, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
View Quote
Yep.

Ex needs money.

Ex calls you and provokes you into a fight.

Ex saves the emails and threatens you with a restraining order unless you pony up for the bills.

Sucker.

Until you are served, do nothing.  Your chances of actually getting an RO against you from another state are slim to none.  And for fuck's sake, cut all commo with the ex.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Divorces where kids are in the mix are a whole other ballgame.  That's not the case here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain that some states do TRO/PO process thru Fam Court. Pretty sure NV is.like that.

I helped a female friend whose landlord was stalking and threatening her get one in NV, and IIRC it was all family Court.  They were never "together."

It was a few years ago, though, and it wasn't exactly the trial of the century.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Dump your guns immediately. Most restraining orders say no guns, especially if the are dv related. Do NOT wait until you get served.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
So she's trying to extort money from you using the courts, huh?  Sounds criminal to me...
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So she's trying to extort money from you using the courts, huh?  Sounds criminal to me...
View Quote
Hence the 3rd email saying forget it, she knows she can't get money that way. Just a threat. The O of P is punishment for not paying it, or making her look foolish for me not falling for it, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I bet we're only getting half the story here.......
View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking.  Are you fat now OP and haven't been laid since the divorce?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dump your guns immediately. Most restraining orders say no guns, especially if the are dv related. Do NOT wait until you get served.
View Quote
@Joe_Blow

If I told you that I got a RO against you, would you sell your guns?

My point is that she just TOLD him she was getting one.  Until there is a legally served document, there is no reason to take any action.

Scratch that... there is reason to take one action-- NEVER COMMUNICATE WITH HER AGAIN.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Two lessons learned here:

1) Never get married.
2) Women will use children to manipulate you.  Very sad for the child.  

Advice: OP if you like a little risk, rent a storage unit for cash and stash the guns there.  Give the key to a friend, or not.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

However what happens when I first get the order? She stated that because we were married this is going to be some kind of domestic violence thing, there was no domestic violence in the relationship.  

Will this order affect me until I can get it voided?  Does it affect my guns until I can see the judge? I've looked online but I get two different answers.

Should I get a restraining order against her immediately?
View Quote

You getting a counter order isn't going to affect the Order she got against you.
Once her Order I served on you, it is in effect and enforceable. That includes all provisions of the Order, including surrender of firearms.
She's probably getting the Order through Family Court, which requires no arrest. It just requires that the parties were in an intimate relationship or had kids in common.....

You need to talk to a lawyer sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#45]
OP, you fucked up some how. Now you have to pay a fucking shit bag lawyer thousands of dollars on the hope of keeping your guns. You fucked up big time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Orders of Protection are valid across state lines.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@Joe_Blow

If I told you that I got a RO against you, would you sell your guns?

My point is that she just TOLD him she was getting one.  Until there is a legally served document, there is no reason to take any action.

Scratch that... there is reason to take one action-- NEVER COMMUNICATE WITH HER AGAIN.
View Quote
No kidding. People advising to run out and drop thousands on a retainer for an attorney because your ex says that she's going to get a RO against you, lol.

People that communicate with an ex with which they have zero biological children.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Went through this same shit while I was separating. She alleged a bunch of stuff in writing to get a restraining order against me (verbal argument, but she made up some physical shit that was later discounted), and she said "Oh yeah, there are guns in the house too", so they came and took control of my weapons. I wasn't in the house at the time, so I didn't really have a say in the matter, but I did speak with the officer who came and got them, met her at the station, got a receipt for them, and picked up them months later without issue once it was all resolved. One of the officers who walked me to my car with my rifle (they took it without the case so they didn't want me walking out of the courthouse with a rifle in hand) even offered to buy it, but I told him it wasn't for sale.

ETA: The point of all that was to say that I was respectful, didn't mouth off to anyone, and got my guns back no problem.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top