Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/27/2014 7:32:15 AM EDT
So why did our government shoot down one of our own planes? Someone on board they didn't like??

Thoughts??
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
ibtl
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ibtl
View Quote

Has this become a taboo subject and if so how did I miss it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
This'll be fun
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think the government shot it down.  At least not on purpose, could have been an accident, but that requires a lot of people keeping a big secret.  Could have been a terrorist that got hold of something more substantial than a manpad and the ability to launch from sea.

The only thing I believe for certain is that the official explanation is not the truth and that it was a missile.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think the government shot it down.  At least not on purpose, could have been an accident, but that requires a lot of people keeping a big secret.  Could have been a terrorist that got hold of something more substantial than a manpad and the ability to launch from sea.

The only thing I believe for certain is that the official explanation is not the truth and that it was a missile.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This has been done to death.   I've never heard it suggested that our government wanted to shoot down TWA800.

That troofer shit didn't emerge until after 2001.

The fact that YOU are suggesting it, means that you are probably trolling.  What was this documentary you watched?

Put your thinking cap on and try to think rationally:  Who had a motive?   Who had the ability?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]
And another thread passes where I lament the lack of a tinfoil smiley.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]
sigh...
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#10]
"They" did it

Ge
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, so the OP sure could have been worded better but I think it's obvious that the 'official' explanation is bullshit.

And while this topic may have been beaten to death, I've never seen a thread on it and I guess we can always do another dinner pic thread with a microwave mac and cheese dinner and some green jello
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

hows that?

eta:
http://www.smileyvault.com/displayimage.php?album=50&pos=176
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok, so the OP sure could have been worded better but I think it's obvious that the 'official' explanation is bullshit.

And while this topic may have been beaten to death, I've never seen a thread on it and I guess we can always do another dinner pic thread with a microwave mac and cheese dinner and some green jello
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a 24 page discussion on it last year.  Lots of information.  

Link
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#14]
GD had a lengthy discussion about this around 4 or 5 months ago I think it was.  It's an interesting read if you can find it in the archives.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Most people now recognize that TWA800 was a preemptive leak-stop to protect Opsec for the 9-11 operation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good choices.  I would also have accepted "Libertarian vs Conservative:  Who's the real hope for America?" or "Hey!  Has anyone heard of the Sig Braces?  Does this make my AR pistol into an SBR?"  Close runner ups would have been anything about implementing a draft or "Cops shoot [something] because [something]"
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

<a href="http://www.smileyvault.com/" target="_blank">http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/tinfoilhatsmile.gif</a>

hows that?

eta:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://www.smileyvault.com/" target="_blank">http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/tinfoilhatsmile.gif</a>

hows that?

eta:

Works. I just wish it was built-in so I didn't have to look for it each time.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Going from "there was something very strange about the crash of TWA 800" to "our government shot down one of our planes" is going from zero to sixty pretty fast.

I do not believe our government could ever successfully cover something like that up, even if it were an "accident."

I do, however, believe that an act of terrorism by foreign agents that might have led to embarrassment of Bill Clinton over his foreign policy may very well have been covered up through "steering" and stage-managing the
investigation to a pre-determined "official" conclusion.

Oh, but wait...

...on second thought, no.

Our government attempting to tamper with an investigation?

Nahh, something like that could never happen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thoughts??
View Quote

I think it would be the task of the person or organization proposing that the government shot the plane down to supply a plausible motive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#20]
There was another one a couple years prior as well.    It's always the same thing: Every aviation professional agrees that the official story is a lie.

Three or four people incessantly chime in to say "I was in the NAVY, it couldn't have been a Manpad".

Basically, every thread serves only to provide this same cast of characters a forum in which to say "I was in the NAVY". And "Manpad, Manpad".         - It's like the John Kerry campaign, but with more Manpad.  

We don't know exactly what caused it, and likely, we never will.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#21]
What was the documantary ?.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Going from "there was something very strange about the crash of TWA 800" to "our government shot down one of our planes" is going from zero to sixty pretty fast.

I do not believe our government could ever successfully cover something like that up, even if it were an "accident."

I do, however, believe that an act of terrorism by foreign agents that might have led to embarrassment of Bill Clinton over his foreign policy may very well have been covered up through "steering" and stage-managing the
investigation to a pre-determined "official" conclusion.

Oh, but wait...

...on second thought, no.

Our government attempting to tamper with an investigation?

Nahh, something like that could never happen.
View Quote

Interesting. One of the characters in that drama you posted is John Beale.  Name seemed familiar: Wiki on the Beale papers and secret treasure
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's on Netflix.  I watched it about a month ago.  It is very interesting.

Just punch "TWA 800" into the search field on Netflix.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Because
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched it on epix last night.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#27]
The official 'explanation', which disregards the evidence by all accounts, is a spark from where no sufficient voltage source exists that ignited fuel vapors in a sealed tank.

They called it a once in fifty years incident.  I generally hate conspiracy theories but this one seems to have legs.

Ok....
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Isn't that the one with Jack Bauer?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Common GD response:" I totally do NOT believe the gubberment unless its an official explanation for some odd or unusual event."
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Common GD response:" I totally do NOT believe the gubberment unless its an official explanation for some odd or unusual event."
View Quote

No no no.  

GD/ all things being equal, the correct answer is always conspiracy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#31]
It was a missile. No doubt in my mind.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#32]
yeah, .gov does an excellent job at inquiries.

so I guess they didn't know we had a mole with usama before 9.11 till an fbi dude sued.

hey, if a .gov fella is talking, they are 98% lying.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#33]
wow 2009.. .  I was sure you were going to be a 2013'er OP.

Good for you!

Now go shitpost somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So why did our government shoot down one of our own planes? Someone on board they didn't like??

Thoughts??
View Quote

Not our government.  There was a sequencing mix-up in ATC, the plane in that timeslot was supposed to be an EL AL flight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#35]
The only thing I know for sure about TWA 800, is that we the people will never know for sure what happened to it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good for you!

View Quote

Buy a membership Mr. FSA, then we can talk about the thread topics I choose
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you!

Anyone who thinks membership level matters is a fool.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd rather us have a thread on the whether or not some 9/11 hijackers got their flight training at NAS Pensacola by posing as or actually being Saudi AF.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#39]
TWA-800's wreckage has been on display and been a training tool since the accident.

Why hasn't there been any statements, from the thousands of people who have trained on her wreckage, that there was a missile hit?

(Because there wasn't one...)
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is preposterous!  You must have missed the flashing text *NOT A MISSILE*  *NOT A MISSILE*
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
TWA-800's wreckage has been on display and been a training tool since the accident.

Why hasn't there been any statements, from the thousands of people who have trained on her wreckage, that there was a missile hit?

View Quote

What are you some kind of missile expert?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Not like its the Only airliner we ever shot down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll just leave this can of gas here.

The Secretary of State can speak from the State Department, the president from wherever he is, and they’ll have this capability for video conferencing throughout this crisis. In my time at the White House it was used in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing, in the aftermath of the TWA Flight 800 bombing, and that would be the way they would stay in contact through the afternoon.”    George Stephanopoulos

TXL
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I show you an object that you are learning on and say this hole was caused by a hand held drill and not a drill press....why would you not believe me?

just because someone trains on it does not mean that the instructor knows what he is talking about or that they are telling the truth..

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you!

Proving once again, it takes one to know one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Ponder this:  

There were TWO main center fuel tanks on flight 800.  One was empty???!!!    Aside from "MINOR" weight and balance considerations,  one must ponder whether sufficient fuel was  on board to make the destination with required reserve....

Strange how simple facts can be ignored for so long.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you!

I gauge the merit of other members solely based off of if they're retarded enough to start your typical Sandy Hook, Flight 800, Chemtrail, 9/11 type conspiracy theory threads.

Posting that type of shit to this site does infinitely more damage to the ARF community than your run of the mill non paying member. . . but I guess someone would have to be pretty fucking stupid if they didn't already know that
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#49]
It was not a missile.  I work on fuel quantity systems for a living, and have no trouble accepting the official explanation.  I would believe credible evidence that it was a bomb, but there is no fucking way it was a missile.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#50]
AJNTSA
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top