Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/10/2022 5:14:40 PM EDT
My daughter (who is 14) My only child, very smart, good grades yada yada.. Has a boy lurking around it seems. Im not ready for this shit.. And Im not really sure how to address this kid. She has a chorus concert tonight and I have been informed by my ex, that he has requested to attend. Whats the play here fellas? My ex has asked me not to embarrass my child. I would like to keep my child in my good graces lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My youngest is 7. She has at least one. She is autistic and has some problems coping with stuff sometimes and he rubs her back to help make her feel better. Lol
He's a super good kid though honestly.

To answer, go and play it cool, that's it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My daughter (who is 14) My only child, very smart, good grades yada yada.. Has a boy lurking around it seems. Im not ready for this shit.. And Im not really sure how to address this kid. She has a chorus concert tonight and I have been informed by my ex, that he has requested to attend. Whats the play here fellas? My ex has asked me not to embarrass my child. I would like to keep my child in my good graces lol.
View Quote

Good Girls or Bad Girls?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
12.  --Jared

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
26 once they are off of their parent’s health insurance.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
87 of course
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I had my first BF at that age, but we were never unchaperoned. Holding hands and long phone conversations was about the extent of it. If it’s a chaperoned event, no harm, no foul.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Democrats? De minimus.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#8]
10-12 around here it seems, and certain communities seems like they are shitting out kids at 12-13 on the regular. Gotta keep them welfare and snap, ebt, and whatever other benefits rolling in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I think about 14 was when I had my first real girlfriend. We used to talk alot on the fone and ICQ messanger. Well one day my mom and her mom say what we were talking about, mostly just "I love you" and stuff like that.

Well they thought we needed to be separated, yeah that was a good idea. all it did was cause strife in my life and made us want to be together even more.

That relationship lasted until I was 21.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was 14, a 14 year old girl from down the street snuck me out of my house at 2am and took me back to her room where I had sex for the 1st time. This was in 1986. Two weeks later she did it again, but had a friend with her. My dad caught me on that one before we got to her house  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
All are different you will not get a good answer to make you feel better
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was 14, a 14 year old girl from down the street snuck me out of my house at 2am and took me back to her room where I had sex for the 1st time. This was in 1984. Two weeks later she did it again, but had a friend with her. My dad caught me on that one before we got to her house  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I was 14, a 14 year old girl from down the street snuck me out of my house at 2am and took me back to her room where I had sex for the 1st time. This was in 1986. Two weeks later she did it again, but had a friend with her. My dad caught me on that one before we got to her house  
View Quote

damn son, I'd still be p issed at pops for that one
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a dick.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
87 of course
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think about 14 was when I had my first real girlfriend. We used to talk alot on the fone and ICQ messanger. Well one day my mom and her mom say what we were talking about, mostly just "I love you" and stuff like that.

Well they thought we needed to be separated, yeah that was a good idea. all it did was cause strife in my life and made us want to be together even more.

View Quote
Was she greater or less than 280lbs
My wife was 14 and I was 13 when we started dating in middle school. I was a douche bag that grew into a gentleman though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...(wrong quote)
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much did she weigh?

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually 5'4" 130 ish, and hour glass shape....phenomenal...one of the few people I have ever met that actually understood me and knew how to really talk to me and help me when I was feeling upset.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#21]
There's nothing you can do about it. That's the age.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]
She made it to 14 without getting pregnant, you did good so far.

Introduce yourself to the kid with a nice firm handshake. And be respectful for your kids sake. If you embarrass her now she will be reluctant to talk to you in the future.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How much did she weigh?

View Quote
BEAT YOU!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This was the 80s. Nobody was fat then
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the 80s. Nobody was fat then

90s....definitely not fat then. everyone wanted to look like herioin addicts
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no children so my advice is probably not worth anything.
From my friends that have teenage daughters 14 seems to be a reasonable age.
Sit your daughter down and discuss what. You expect from her.
The foundation should have been laid out way before now .
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#26]
16. My wife says show him your gun
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#27]
When can I start dating boys daddy? I told my daughter in 20 years. She yelled out loud I am 10 years old now.
Her big brother who was 12 at the time said that means you are going to be 40 before you can start dating.  
I looked her straight face and said it's because of dumbass boys like your brother that you have to wait until your 30 to start dating.
He looks at me and said that's okay dad I won't let any of them get any where close to her and he walked to the kitchen and got a bowl of cereal and started eating. My wife looked at him and started laughing so hard she peed her pants.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#28]
13 in 8th grade but nothing happened, still kids.  

High School is where it really started hot and heavy, so to speak.  

I have a beautiful 14 year old 8th grade daughter. The fall will be interesting.  She will be 15 and a freshman.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

That shit is so stupid. The whole "I'll be cleaning muh gunz when he comes to date muh daughter" schtick is a lame flex at best.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't see any issue with 14.

As long as the relationship is 14 year old appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]
It was common for us to be dating at that age, just a little over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, my little girl was all A's, played volleyball, all that stuff too. A lot them are like that...and they all start liking boys. You don't have as much power as you think you do. Just don't be the gun cleaning guy, that guy's a douche.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you only have one the kid will probably laugh at you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

What was the other guy's name?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I told my daughter 32.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
87 of course
View Quote

he spelled GIRL, not GILF.

Reading are hards
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I was 9 when I had my first girlfriend. I still remember our first tongue kisses
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Reading are hards
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
87 of course

Reading are hards

I've always been fond of the MILFs and GILFs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't see any issue with 14.

As long as the relationship is 14 year old appropriate.
View Quote

Well put. I had my first girlfriend at 14 or 15, nothing wrong with that age.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#40]
yikes. I feel bad for dad's of daughters. I was finger banging multiples by that age. Didn't get my dick wet for another year or so though.....so at least there's that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine is 6 so I have no idea.

But 14 seems like the age to start feeling that out and see if you think your little one is ready for that kind of thing.

If you raised her right she should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That shit is so stupid. The whole "I'll be cleaning muh gunz when he comes to date muh daughter" schtick is a lame flex at best.
View Quote

I never said anything about cleaning it
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I had my first girlfriend at 13.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
87 of course

Reading are hards

that happens around 40 yrs old, so I feel ya.
but ol @midcap has issues LMAO
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
87 of course

Reading are hards

when I was 18, I was with a 35 year old mother of two...twas life changing.

I see so many hot 50 year olds around town it's not even funny.

My dentist is probably 50 by now and she's a total smoke show with a dump truck ass.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
26 once they are off of their parent's health insurance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#47]
How does your daughter feel about him lurking around? Is she OK with it oe creeped out?

If she's OK with it then, then meet the kid like you would any other person and don't be a dick, otherwise your daughter is gonna lose trust in you.

My granddaughter didn't have a boyfriend until she was 16 because she wasn't interested in dating until then; the kid she's dating is a good kid.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't ever look, talk, or act like you'll do physical harm to any of these boys ever. I had two very good looking daughters running around here for quite some time.
You will learn to regret it. Be cool like a jewel. Catch as little traction as you can. Know your enemy's mind..
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#49]
14 year-olds are supposed to be at least thinking about, if not having boyfriends.

Raise her well. Teach her to make smart decisions. Support her smart decisions. Let her live her life (supervised of course).

If she wants a boyfriend, she will have a boyfriend. Keep everything on the up and up and things will (hopefully) go much more smoothly.

You don't have to like him, but he does need to be good to her and respect the boundaries.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Praise every single kid she ever brings around you.If she thinks you like him, she'll dump him.
When someone comes that seems intelligent, kind, and treats her right, act like you hate him. She will keep that one.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top