Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Monterey is great because the Defense Language Institute is right there. They have almost 100% native instructors, and they usually have brought over their whole family. And the families often start restaurants, so there are restaurants all over the area offering very authentic cuisine from all over the world. It’s...amazing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a weird desire to try falafels and Mediterranean foods.

In general, pretty delicious when made right.

Also, I was incredibly spoiled when discovering and exploring Mediterranean foods. If trying new international cuisine is a thing for you, but your budget doesn’t support a jetset lifestyle, you need to take a trip to Monterey, CA.

I found a few Mediterranean restaurants within about 30 minutes so when they open I play to give em a whirl. Never considered going to Monterey, CA but I was just looking at Israel

Monterey is great because the Defense Language Institute is right there. They have almost 100% native instructors, and they usually have brought over their whole family. And the families often start restaurants, so there are restaurants all over the area offering very authentic cuisine from all over the world. It’s...amazing.

Ah, so that's why you were there
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Paid leave?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Employer gives union workers the choice to take a leave of absence. 800 choose to do so.

Employer asks salary employees to work production while they’re out.

ha_ha.puck

Paid leave?

Doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Employer gives union workers the choice to take a leave of absence. 800 choose to do so.

ha_ha.puck
View Quote

Scabs unite!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Like the email I responded to 15 minutes ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For post 10,000, I’m going to tell y’all about my granddad and my M1 carbine.  Kinda long but whatever.  I briefly told y’all about it when I first came to this thread but I don’t think I put up any pics.  

Uh, yeah, usually we just post tit gifs for this sort of thing.

Great story

And I promise you aren't missing out on any paperwork

Curious that the bayonet lug's gone.
ETA: heh, durrr, no it isn't.  I shouldn't be paying so much attention to this conference call.

You should be spending more time on my problem

Like the email I responded to 15 minutes ago?

Well, I have about 6 pictures to send to you. So, get to looking at them and respond before I even send them, dammit!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bazinga
View Quote

But no bazongas
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you’re gonna get a Jeep, get a Jeep. Not some homogay soccer mom bastard love child of a truck and a Jeep dreamed up by an emasculated boy named Judy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope
Sticker scared some sense into me.  

If you’re gonna get a Jeep, get a Jeep. Not some homogay soccer mom bastard love child of a truck and a Jeep dreamed up by an emasculated boy named Judy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]

NOPE NOPE NOPE

6.5G is so far down on the list I doubt it will ever happen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just made an appointment for a Covid antibody test tomorrow, supposedly it's 100% specific and 99.5% accurate and takes 2 days to get results.
View Quote

Neat
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
@kalahnikid
Mr. Shorty by Marty Robbins
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Doubt it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ha_ha.puck

Paid leave?

Doubt it.

We were told we didn't have to work.
No pay if you took that option.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, I was incredibly spoiled when discovering and exploring Mediterranean foods. If trying new international cuisine is a thing for you, but your budget doesn’t support a jetset lifestyle, you need to take a trip to Monterey, CA.

I found a few Mediterranean restaurants within about 30 minutes so when they open I play to give em a whirl. Never considered going to Monterey, CA but I was just looking at Israel

For a total of about 5 years. It was beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

CA is a beautiful State.

Shame about the laws, taxes, illegals, and politicians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a total of about 5 years. It was beautiful.

CA is a beautiful State.

Shame about the laws, taxes, illegals, and politicians.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
OMG!!! OMG!! OMG!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OMG!!! OMG!! OMG!!
View Quote

You touched yourself again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For post 10,000, I’m going to tell y’all about my granddad and my M1 carbine.  Kinda long but whatever.  I briefly told y’all about it when I first came to this thread but I don’t think I put up any pics.  

My granddaddy left home in his mid teens, I can’t accurately describe his relationship with his dad without painting one of them as a “bad”, which neither of them were, but they both were hard people, which led to head butting.  His dad came through the depression, as well as other hard times, so he was not very forgiving or patient.  My granddad put the mules up one night and they stated fighting, so to keep one of them from getting hurt (mules were their livelihood) granddaddy departed them by putting one out to pasture.  When his dad came home and saw one of the mules out, he got mad (at a fault) and wouldn’t let my grandad explain, so instead of arguing, my grandad left, went up the road to his uncles and lived for a short while.  His dad told him that he would come home when he got hungry.  A few months later, his brother was sent up the road to tell my grandad to come back home.  Granddaddy said, “tell him I’m not hungry yet”.  Both were too stubborn to reconcile at the time, which they did a little later fortunately.

During this, Pearl Harbor happened and granddaddy joined the Navy at 17 and was assigned to the USS Downes, which was sunk at PH and rebuilt and recommissioned in California.  He always said he felt lucky bc most of his ship were veterans, he was one of a few new guys.  He was also one of the only southerners, so his Navy nickname was “Reb”.  I don’t know much about his Navy time but he was a “torpedo man”. ??  I believe he was in the ship from 43-45, fighting in Eniwetok, Truk, Iwo Jima, Guam, Anatahan, Sargihan, the Philippines, and other places.  

After the war, he went back home to S. Ga, farmed and owned a general store, then started the contracting business I own today with my brother.  As a kid in the early 90s, I would go to his house, and he would tell me about the war.  “Son, a boy your age ought not to hear these sorta things, but I’m gonna tell you anyway.”  He told me about bodies being hung up in propellers, islands going from post card beautiful one day to smoking ash pits over night, a storm that scared him more than any battle, whales, picking up crashed pilots in the ocean, and drinking beer on Jap islands after battles.

So onto my rifle.  Dad was born in 50’.  So sometime around 58-62, daddy says they were home, and my grandads mom called, asking if she could throw away a duffle bag that had been in a barn or building or whatever.  Daddy says granddaddy screamed “No” into the phone and hung up.  He and my dad went over to her house and he got the duffle bag, unpacked it, and this carbine was in there.  I don’t know if it was assembled or not, but it was packed away in the bag.  He started subtly crying and daddy, being very young and naive, asked what was wrong.  Granddaddy replied, “son, the man that had this rifle didn’t need it anymore”.  Daddy knew his dad for 46 years and says it may possibly be the only time he ever saw him emotional.  I don’t know why granddaddy forgot about the rifle at the time or how he actually obtained it.  I do know it was on a beach somewhere, and sometimes granddaddy would have to run a small boat onto these beaches after a battle, but I don’t know much about this, I just have to assume that’s how he got it.  

So daddy had the rifle all of my life and last year he came by the house and said “here, put this in your safe”.   So I guess it’s mine now.  It’s a Saginaw receiver with Saginaw S’G’ on the receiver, which is supposed to be slightly more rare than others.  Serial number puts it prior to May 43’.  It has an Inland barrel and RMC Rock-Ola stock.  It’s been shot some by my dad and by me as a kid, but it just sits in the safe now.  I don’t know if there’s any paper work on it or not, if there is, my dads lying, thieving, definition of evil brother has it, along with any and all other military records or information that I’ll never see.  And being he doesn’t have children, he’ll probably set all my grandads stuff on fire before he dies just so no one else will get it.  Whatever.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/8F6B2BAA-2AB5-4000-AB24-F9BE44BE26CA_jpe-1390584.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/FB4ED4D8-BFF8-43FF-827C-991FE8EF7D36_jpe-1390586.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/A8B37301-6C8C-40AD-94EE-AE631532FEE6_jpe-1390587.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/22B622DB-DE93-4688-8012-6E2E2807F048_jpe-1390588.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/3612DF91-6693-4C58-9C9F-651D894E5C8D_jpe-1390589.JPG

TL;DR and all that, I still love you guys!
View Quote

Read it. All.

We Saginaw SG Bros!!!!

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Back to the

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

It showed up today!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, I plan on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail before I die, part of it is the John Muir Trail in the high Sierra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, I plan on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail before I die, part of it is the John Muir Trail in the high Sierra.

I saw a bunch of signs for the JMT but never got on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

That was a bit harsh.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Do.you still Love me Moe???
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Back to the

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317376/20200428_162519-1390856.jpg
View Quote

Short boomy boi.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That was a bit harsh.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

That was a bit harsh.  

You new here?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That was a bit harsh.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

That was a bit harsh.  

Tough love and all that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do.you still Love me Moe???
View Quote

I'm debating. Give me a minute.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You new here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

That was a bit harsh.  

You new here?

I’m mostly gentle. Usually.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Tough love and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

That was a bit harsh.  

Tough love and all that.

Is that like rough sex?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Tool box is in the new spot.

And I start Monday.

Annnnnd....The deal fell through with the sale of my old franchise...

Oh well.....

NMP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#32]
A'ight... we're cool.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Tight squeezy boi in there...

And a pretty good job on the front pedestal and bead...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A'ight... we're cool.
View Quote

Yay!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tool box is in the new spot.

And I start Monday.

Annnnnd....The deal fell through with the sale of my old franchise...

Oh well.....

NMP.
View Quote

Sucks for them. At least you were able to hitch your wagon to a not-dead horse.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Who did the work on the scatter gat?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rose Action Sports.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Rose Action Sports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rose Action Sports.

Excellent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy said he couldn't use Rem chokes because the barrel was too thin where it was cut. Told me I wouldn't be able to suppress it with the Carlson chokes he used.

It's an A-5 with a 12" barrel....how am I going to suppress that????
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Back to the

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317376/20200428_162519-1390856.jpg
View Quote

Fuck yes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Who did it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I kept readn'
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Guy said he couldn't use Rem chokes because the barrel was too thin where it was cut. Told me I wouldn't be able to suppress it with the Carlson chokes he used.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you suppress any long recoil gun?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
JFC, I was just perusing audible and saw that War and Peace is 60 something hours long. That's a no from me dawg.
View Quote

The longest audiobooks in my audible account are Atlas Shrugged at 52h 20m, Anathem at 32h 26m (somehow felt even longer than AS), The Fountainhead at 32h 2m. I'm currently on book 6 of the Expeditionary Force series, and those weigh in at about 17 hours each. It's been taking me 5-7 days on average to get through each book. Audiobooks are great during mindless tasks like working out, cleaning, working, etc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I like her, too.  But she really needed to cut out about 25% of Atlas Shrugged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JFC, I was just perusing audible and saw that War and Peace is 60 something hours long. That's a no from me dawg.
I read most of War and Peace years ago.  I quit with a couple hundred pages to go because I got tired of Tolstoy's preachiness.  He needed an editor as much as Ayn Rand did.

I...uh...I liked Ayn Rand.

So maybe War and Peace will be a fun romp through classic Russian literature?
I like her, too.  But she really needed to cut out about 25% of Atlas Shrugged.

What, you mean the dinner speech didn't need to be 60 pages long?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just made an appointment for a Covid antibody test tomorrow, supposedly it's 100% specific and 99.5% accurate and takes 2 days to get results.
View Quote

Gonna get your papers?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The longest audiobooks in my audible account are Atlas Shrugged at 52h 20m, Anathem at 32h 26m (somehow felt even longer than AS), The Fountainhead at 32h 2m. I'm currently on book 6 of the Expeditionary Force series, and those weigh in at about 17 hours each. It's been taking me 5-7 days on average to get through each book. Audiobooks are great during mindless tasks like working out, cleaning, working, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I contemplated AS for like 0.87 seconds then remembered I never finished 1984.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My granddaddy left home in his mid teens, I can’t accurately describe his relationship with his dad without painting one of them as a “bad”, which neither of them were, but they both were hard people, which led to head butting.  His dad came through the depression, as well as other hard times, so he was not very forgiving or patient.  My granddad put the mules up one night and they stated fighting, so to keep one of them from getting hurt (mules were their livelihood) granddaddy departed them by putting one out to pasture.  When his dad came home and saw one of the mules out, he got mad (at a fault) and wouldn’t let my grandad explain, so instead of arguing, my grandad left, went up the road to his uncles and lived for a short while.  His dad told him that he would come home when he got hungry.  A few months later, his brother was sent up the road to tell my grandad to come back home.  Granddaddy said, “tell him I’m not hungry yet”.  Both were too stubborn to reconcile at the time, which they did a little later fortunately.

During this, Pearl Harbor happened and granddaddy joined the Navy at 17 and was assigned to the USS Downes, which was sunk at PH and rebuilt and recommissioned in California.  He always said he felt lucky bc most of his ship were veterans, he was one of a few new guys.  He was also one of the only southerners, so his Navy nickname was “Reb”.  I don’t know much about his Navy time but he was a “torpedo man”. ??  I believe he was in the ship from 43-45, fighting in Eniwetok, Truk, Iwo Jima, Guam, Anatahan, Sargihan, the Philippines, and other places.  

After the war, he went back home to S. Ga, farmed and owned a general store, then started the contracting business I own today with my brother.  As a kid in the early 90s, I would go to his house, and he would tell me about the war.  “Son, a boy your age ought not to hear these sorta things, but I’m gonna tell you anyway.”  He told me about bodies being hung up in propellers, islands going from post card beautiful one day to smoking ash pits over night, a storm that scared him more than any battle, whales, picking up crashed pilots in the ocean, and drinking beer on Jap islands after battles.

So onto my rifle.  Dad was born in 50’.  So sometime around 58-62, daddy says they were home, and my grandads mom called, asking if she could throw away a duffle bag that had been in a barn or building or whatever.  Daddy says granddaddy screamed “No” into the phone and hung up.  He and my dad went over to her house and he got the duffle bag, unpacked it, and this carbine was in there.  I don’t know if it was assembled or not, but it was packed away in the bag.  He started subtly crying and daddy, being very young and naive, asked what was wrong.  Granddaddy replied, “son, the man that had this rifle didn’t need it anymore”.  Daddy knew his dad for 46 years and says it may possibly be the only time he ever saw him emotional.  I don’t know why granddaddy forgot about the rifle at the time or how he actually obtained it.  I do know it was on a beach somewhere, and sometimes granddaddy would have to run a small boat onto these beaches after a battle, but I don’t know much about this, I just have to assume that’s how he got it.  

So daddy had the rifle all of my life and last year he came by the house and said “here, put this in your safe”.   So I guess it’s mine now.  It’s a Saginaw receiver with Saginaw S’G’ on the receiver, which is supposed to be slightly more rare than others.  Serial number puts it prior to May 43’.  It has an Inland barrel and RMC Rock-Ola stock.  It’s been shot some by my dad and by me as a kid, but it just sits in the safe now.  I don’t know if there’s any paper work on it or not, if there is, my dads lying, thieving, definition of evil brother has it, along with any and all other military records or information that I’ll never see.  And being he doesn’t have children, he’ll probably set all my grandads stuff on fire before he dies just so no one else will get it.  Whatever.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/8F6B2BAA-2AB5-4000-AB24-F9BE44BE26CA_jpe-1390584.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/FB4ED4D8-BFF8-43FF-827C-991FE8EF7D36_jpe-1390586.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/A8B37301-6C8C-40AD-94EE-AE631532FEE6_jpe-1390587.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/22B622DB-DE93-4688-8012-6E2E2807F048_jpe-1390588.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439986/3612DF91-6693-4C58-9C9F-651D894E5C8D_jpe-1390589.JPG

TL;DR and all that, I still love you guys!

Read it. All.

We Saginaw SG Bros!!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317376/20171218_190036-394669.jpg

Didn’t we determine we are already bro’s?  What was the other thing?

Oh the colt HBAR elite
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1984 isn't even that long.

It is, however, terrible.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top