View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend of mine is building his first AR.  He bought a poverty pony lower and Spikes LPK.  All good.  But he's dead set on buying a complete BCA upper, despite my advice to spend a little more and get something that doesn't suck.  I mean, for practically the same price you could get something from PSA that would be a hell of a lot less likely to have the front fall off.

I can't come up with any scenario that would involve me buying bca stuff.
God damn it, now he says he's buying an Ozark Trail or something red dot.  I know he doesn't need an Aimpoint, but at least get a Holosun or Primary Arms.

DEAR GOD

Seriously, at least get a PA with lifetime warranty

I tried.  Sometimes you gotta let them learn the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
God damn it, now he says he's buying an Ozark Trail or something red dot.  I know he doesn't need an Aimpoint, but at least get a Holosun or Primary Arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friend of mine is building his first AR.  He bought a poverty pony lower and Spikes LPK.  All good.  But he's dead set on buying a complete BCA upper, despite my advice to spend a little more and get something that doesn't suck.  I mean, for practically the same price you could get something from PSA that would be a hell of a lot less likely to have the front fall off.

I think PSA has sigs for $99 right now
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey AJ, you aren't going to win a Victoria Cross with your answer in the "Leadership Development" #2.

Take a look at the compound drawing posted there.  And compare to:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

So back in another life, I lived and breathed race cars.  Ran the shops side of a machine/engine building shop, racing 4 nights a week somewhere, working on cars everyday for 16-18 hours.  I would get calls about a cam, or nitrous, or whatever...give advice and guess what, most would try to do the exact opposite of what I told them, usually melting a motor down on the next pass.  Then I would usually get paid good money to rebuild it, so in the end it worked out for me I suppose.  

I think it comes with most everything.  I think sd mentioned the other day that people do her the same way with dogs.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So back in another life, I lived and breathed race cars.  Ran the shops side of a machine/engine building shop, racing 4 nights a week somewhere, working on cars everyday for 16-18 hours.  I would get calls about a cam, or nitrous, or whatever...give advice and guess what, most would try to do the exact opposite of what I told them, usually melting a motor down on the next pass.  Then I would usually get paid good money to rebuild it, so in the end it worked out for me I suppose.  

I think it comes with most everything.  I think sd mentioned the other day that people do her the same way with dogs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

Askholes
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]

lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Askholes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

Askholes

Did you get a belt or pc setup yet?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

So we should cross-breed our feral pitbulls with wolves to create loving pets??
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

I would like to say I was smarter and listened to advice when I was younger, but nope.  I had to learn the hard way and make my own mistakes too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And install a 200HP nitrous kit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Thread title sucks

That is all
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And install a 200HP nitrous kit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

Askholes

3 weeks tomorrow since I ordered plates.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

Askholes

3 weeks tomorrow since I ordered plates.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/191040/IMG_20200424_190216_jpg-1390007.JPG

A blurry pic and socks that aren’t even gold toes...???  . You’re a special kinda special aren’t you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Uhhhh, by the way....which carrier is that?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Esstac ASS
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Greetings again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Too early.
Back to bed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hey AJ, you aren't going to win a Victoria Cross with your answer in the "Leadership Development" #2.

Take a look at the compound drawing posted there.  And compare to:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yeah, I know I'm not winning anything with that answer. I tried to maintain the spirit of the exercise, though by not spending too lng thinking before typing.

My knee jerk reaction was to get out of Dodge, but without knowing just how critical that radio is to the larger mission it's hard to say if that's a hold at all costs mission or not.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Askholes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DEAR GOD

Askholes

I like it!

I'm going to try and incorporate that into my vocabulary.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Someone bring me a coffee while mine's brewing?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#24]
That was a good nights sleep, now a nice sunny day at work hopefully
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I like dat
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two hours too late sorry brotha
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fingers crossed!

We're supposed to be sunning and 60's to 70's today and tomorrow. Next chance of rain is Thursday.

I should mow tonight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late, anyway
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Esstac ASS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac ASS

Oh, nice
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Fucking rain.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I hope some of our water gets dried up.  Still have to work around the soaked ground to do much outside right now.  Living close to the coast, it’s flat and easy for the ground to hold water for a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Lou Rawls – Season Of The Witch
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh, nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac ASS

Oh, nice

Very

Will most likely be the carrier I upgrade to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Good morning, fuzz brains.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fucking rain.
View Quote

That's one way to get your dick wet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good morning
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Very

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac ASS

Oh, nice

Very

This may be stupid, but the other day we were talking concealment.  Does anyone use a more concealed pc, then have a chest rig available to throw on if the extra capacity is needed?  I guess I’m still trying scenario imagine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This may be stupid, but the other day we were talking concealment.  Does anyone use a more concealed pc, then have a chest rig available to throw on if the extra capacity is needed?  I guess I’m still trying scenario imagine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac ASS

Oh, nice

Very

I don't, but that is something that has me spitballing how to do a setup like that.

I'd be looking to have a chest rig that could be worn alone, or unclipped from its harness and clipped to the front of the PC for a more overt use.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Time to get ready for the twerking
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Some of the David Thibodeau interviews are really insightful.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Meh
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

WTF

Add me
View Quote

Hey...
Add me too!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Still alive

Still employed
View Quote

Yeah...About that second part.....  
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Impette made her first sammich today.

A s’more for her daddy.
View Quote

Awwwww
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top