BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Stop giving a shit about shit that I don't give a shit about!  Waaaaah!  Waaaaaah!  

(paraphrased)
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Sorry your girl loss."

You guys really going to run with that one for a rebuttal? Might as well throw in a Budweiser WASSSSSSSSSUPPPP!!!! and some Chuck Norris jokes too since it appears we're going for "let's beat tired jokes into the ground some more" trend.
View Quote
lol

When it stops being the source of your chafed anus, then it'll stop being funny.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm making fun of all these "boycott" types that I imagine looking like some Lindsay Graham Southern Belle type.

Re-read the middle section about my time in the Marines and you can pretty much figure out my age bracket.
View Quote
Got to read it once to be able to reread it. Oh well guess I can't reread it. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Hey there fellow Trump voters, stop fighting the culture war! REAL men don't have a problem supporting people that hate you and your country."
View Quote
That's a good accurate synopsis of the OP's gibberish.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
But its easier for us to attack protesters than to look at a serious problem causing protest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This matter has certainly brought the Hillary crowd out into the light.

Let me explain things for you:

Someone shits on my beliefs and they don't get any more money from me.

It's not too difficult a concept.
View Quote
See the part in blue and if you get paid millions of dollars to play a game you can't really say you're being oppressed. No vapors or whatever melodrama the OP is screeching about, it's just really simple.

As far as trump and hypocrisy.... the true conservatives on ARF love to call everyone hypocrites. The fact of the matter is all of of us have been hypocrites at one point or another simple out of forgetfulness or just not giving a shit at the time. It's a blip on the radar for me, we have someone that at least acts like he cares about America. Which was better than the alternative... that would've actively worked to destroy America. It's a bit naive but what are you going to do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Sorry your girl loss."

You guys really going to run with that one for a rebuttal? Might as well throw in a Budweiser WASSSSSSSSSUPPPP!!!! and some Chuck Norris jokes too since it appears we're going for "let's beat tired jokes into the ground some more" trend.
Sorry your girl lost.
Cut the poor guy some slack.  It really is devastating when your girl loses.  That's not the kind of thing from which you just snap back.  It may take months or even years to learn to cope with your girl's loss.

At least they seem to be taking the step from denial to anger.  Only three stages to go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
So I can assume that you don't own any product which

*Was made in China
*Contains any component which was made in China
*Was sold by any company which employs Chinese workers

Anything else would be inconsistent.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#9]
RFR.  We have to use the enemy's tactics against him:

"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

"Keep the pressure on. Never let up." Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new."

Frankly, I haven't cared about pro sports for a long time (other than lacrosse, which was a completely different world).  But if they can protest, I can protest their protest.  If you don't like it, don't listen/watch/read.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But its easier for us to attack protesters than to look at a serious problem causing protest.
View Quote
Communist/globalist propaganda? Be clear.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In other words your a millennial.

Having a gun doesn't mean Jack or shit about your personal idiology or how you feel about the state of the country.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7067/Reality-Leigh-Winner1-316655.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7067/ht-virginia-shooter-hodgkinson-170614_4x3_992-316656.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*Snip*
I just pop in GD from time to time. I've been a firearm nut since the late 90s

EDIT: Found a pic of my family from an older post of mine.
BUT OMG, DU SHILL!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/7IJLNNu.jpg
In other words your a millennial.

Having a gun doesn't mean Jack or shit about your personal idiology or how you feel about the state of the country.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7067/Reality-Leigh-Winner1-316655.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7067/ht-virginia-shooter-hodgkinson-170614_4x3_992-316656.JPG
You're*

Ideology*
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Pretty funny, as for me I'm voting with my feet. Fuck the NFL. Hope they go broke
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#16]
10 internets for the use of the word "vapors"
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP makes some good points. It's a game. If you give them attention, they will keep doing it. I watched two NFL games all the way through yesterday, and once the Anthem was over, the announcers never even mentioned the protests.

Y'all are acting like children, making a fuss over nothing.
View Quote
It is not just a game.

It is a business.

If a any business does anti-Amercican stuff, I avoid doing business with them as best I can. I do not support commie, or anti-American, or anti-gun businesses if I have a choice.

NFL teams are showing disrespect for the American Flag.
A flag and country people have sacrificed and died for.
Some of those people I know personally.
It is a protest based in lies.
They are protesting the killing of blacks by cops.
It is propaganda by the communist forces trying to divide and conquer  this country.
It is the follow on to HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT narrative that is nothing but a promoted lie.
The cops are shooting blacks because they commit crimes and then fight cops.

So the teams and players, and the main stream media doing that can go fuck themselves, and twice on Sunday.
I reject their bullshit narrative.
I reject their disgrace for our Flag, and our country.
I reject them, their business, and will not support their pay checks that give them the opportunity to disgrace the flag.
As far as I am concerned they can go fuck themselves.
I hope their business model and multi-million dollar employment fails.
A bunch of stupid, disrespecting, multi-million dollar, communist shit head useful idiots.
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#19]
You aren't a very honest person are you?

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And that's fine.

I'm talking about the types making 50 threads about it or whining all over social media about a boycott.

If you want to boycott, DO IT. Just simply don't watch and move on with your life.

It's like drama queens that have to make huge threads on forums about "needing time off" or whining about some issue that is "forcing them to leave."

If you want to leave, just walk away. Stop acting like an overly emotional 14 year old girl that has to make leaving this big dramatic fiasco.
View Quote
So, stop acting like the fucking crybabies you are supporting. Got it
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#21]
OP, does your husband know you feel this way?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, can't really say I always did my best to avoid the colors in garrison .

Try speaking for yourself so you only have to backup your own bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Folks watch football for an escape. The rest of the week its work, stress, bs, and politics being shoved down your throats every where you look.
Now even football is being politicized far beyond anything it has been in the past.

Suck it up? Is it too much to ask not to be bombarded with that shit in every single aspect of ones life, maybe have one last area where it's not liibs vs conservative and you gotta choose sides?
Suck it up? No, I think I'll turn it off and mow the yard in Sundays now, take the bike for a ride.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Stop using taxes to support the nfl and they can do whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Poor analogy. The guys in the pic aren't intentionally making a protest statement about the country over an issue that doesn't exist. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
So you're saying that picture is fake?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, it is intentionally misleading............he had his hand over his heart like evidenced by my image of that actual scenario.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, can't really say I always did my best to avoid the colors in garrison .

Try speaking for yourself so you only have to backup your own bullshit.
View Quote

Yeah, I posted pretty much the same thing on page 2.  Typical projection, OP ran to avoid colors, thinks every one did.  I did see Marines scrambling to avoid it and thought, "Shitbird! Stand fast and salute/stand at POA" but the majority of Marines rendered proper courtesy to the flag.  But that was Old Corps when we gave a damn about this country.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#30]
People do stuff I don't like, I stop supporting them. Maybe even speak out. Sorry if OP is triggered by freedom.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I bet OP is a bern-out
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you saying that photo isn't you being disingenuous?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#33]
lulz

the Big Knee Fiasco this weekend had  nothing to do with "social justice".

It was about a bunch of butt hurt insignificant millionaires wahhh your not the boss of me.

The inmates are running the asylum.

DO and say as you please, but dont be surprised when the market speaks back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
You didn't get the memo?  You have to embrace the Left's bullshit or you're a terrible irredeemable person.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Whoever typed that for you did a good job. Now, go eat a crayon.

This has exactly jack shit to do with "colors." It is a statement in a culture war. But then again, maybe you are a BLM activist. If so, carry on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes, it is intentionally misleading............he had his hand over his heart like evidenced by my image of that actual scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LN3fWF9nD_Y[/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGhADUMLGY
Yes, and he put his hand over his heart.

Why are you intentionally being misleading?

If you are going to argue at least be honest............(well unless you are joking around like I do with my wonderful memes).
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you are going to argue at least be honest............(well unless you are joking around like I do with my wonderful memes).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After being reminded by his wife.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Wall of Trumphurt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#40]
To each his own I guess.

I'm tired of seeing a huge chunk of my paycheck go to Uncle Sam only to be redistributed among scum who are unwilling to work, then stand next to me in the checkout line buying steaks and shrimp with their food stamps that I fucking paid for. Their idols, these stupid football players who are nothing more than glorified court jesters, are making "statements" about how unfairly MUH PEOPLE are being treated? Give me a damn break.

Keep trying, keep poking that bear, because the more you try and FORCE someone to consider you their equal, te less and less likely it is that you'll ever actually get there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Accepting and tolerating leftist propaganda is how we got to the sorry state our government is in. Your argument for continued support of the NFL is weak, pathetic, and based on an emotional appeal.
View Quote
This. It's just a game. You need to get out more OP.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Was the Margarita Monster still there? 

I know now what you are saying about Marines ducking out to avoid standing and saluting the anthem, but it wasn't done to say fuck the USA. 

The NFL players are doing it because their Daddy didn't teach them pride in country. 
View Quote
And so many NFL players didn't suddenly join in this past weekend to say fuck the USA either. They joined in to say fuck Donald Trump and his call to fire people who disagree with him.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
What is it exactly?

The way I see it, OP, your experience with the USMC is an example of man not wanting to do the tedious things in life. The NFL player's behavior is purposely done to protest white people. A protest made famous by a fool who wears a Malcolm X shirt. Read about Malcolm X. Would you be alive today if Malcolm X had his way?

The media continues to make lines drawn in the sand. I know which side I'm on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is beneath you............be honest for god's sake.

Those players are intentionally objecting to the National Anthem.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previews piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg
View Quote

Join date.    Check

Go back to DU and cry there
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Washington state native - check

2016 join date - check

Thread is LOL - check

MAGA!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#47]
The problem we face as a country, in these glorious days of the SJWs, is this.  The mother fucking minority
is controlling the narrative and in the name of "tolerance" it is being allowed.  The hypocrisy of these butt nuggets
blows my mind.  If you "Taunt" another player it is a 15 yard penalty, but it is okay to Taunt the American flag.  
Just Fuck these assholes, I love the game of football, but I am so done with it.  No more planning my Sunday's around
the NFL.  

OP, this is a much bigger deal than some players disrespecting the flag.  It is corporate America pretending
to support the 1st amendment when in fact, it is nothing more than a media campaign to help line their pockets.
Boy is that going to backfire.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Well judging by op's experience BSA>USMC
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Just Curious how many times have you had to tell a Dr “I swear I just slipped, and bam, it just got stuck up there”
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The problem we face as a country, in these glorious days of the SJWs, is this.  The mother fucking minority
is controlling the narrative and in the name of "tolerance" it is being allowed.  The hypocrisy of these butt nuggets
blows my mind.  If you "Taunt" another player it is a 15 yard penalty, but it is okay to Taunt the American flag.  
Just Fuck these assholes, I love the game of football, but I am so done with it.  No more planning my Sunday's around
the NFL.  

OP, this is a much bigger deal than some players disrespecting the flag.  It is corporate America pretending
to support the 1st amendment when in fact, it is nothing more than a media campaign to help line their pockets.
Boy is that going to backfire.
View Quote
It just might....................time will tell.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top