BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hate to give you the bad news, but unless you are 6'5" or taller, you're fat.
For the record I'm 6'1" with a 33" waist.
View Quote
Do you wear hipster pants?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We found one^^^

I fit just fine.  So do all of the other normal, healthy sized people.  However, I don't fit when some fat ass takes all of their seat and 1/2 of mine.
View Quote
You are nuts, dude. I am 6'0, 205 lbs and I wear 34 x 34 pants. Basically the definition of normal sized dude.

I have to contort myself in all manner of fucked up ways to fit into a non-first class airline seat and constantly shift my position so a different part of my back starts hurting to give the one that was hurting a break. Flights over 30 minutes are miserable.

My brother is 6'5 285(kinda fat, not ARFCOM hero 285 but not "so fat he is a weird shape") and flights are absolute torture for him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
She's built like an NFL player.

I'm sorry but flying fucking sucks as it is. I don't need an NFL linebacker sitting next to me.

This bitch should have bought two seats.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Irrespective of gender, nobody wants to have to sit next to some morbidly obese person who intrudes into the minuscule amount of sitting space we're given on a plane.

If you spill over into the seat next to you maybe you should have to buy two seats?
View Quote
If I have to put my carry on in a box and it must fit, fat people should have to go through the same ordeal and if they can't fit in one seat the they need to be forced to purchase two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Irrespective of gender, nobody wants to have to sit next to some morbidly obese person who intrudes into the minuscule amount of sitting space we're given on a plane.

If you spill over into the seat next to you maybe you should have to buy two seats?
View Quote
This exactly
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good for him.

That baby didn't add the extra 100+ lbs. her fat fucking mouth did.
View Quote
"I'm eating for two!"

Yeah a 5lb baby human, not a baby elephant.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone please explain to me how a pregnancy adds over 30lbs to a woman.  My wife's had 2 kids and lost the baby weight.  There are lazy women that use excuses to be fat asses. And your ass ain't big boned cartman, X-rays prove it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Is purchasing two seats even an option?  Can a single person purchase two adjacent?  I have purchased adjacent seats for myself and my daughter, who then did not go on the flight because of a change of plans, and the airline put someone on standby into her seat since she never checked in.....
just wondering if the seemingly logical "buy two seats" plan is valid (but also too lazy to go to an airline website and search....)
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why?  I embrace the ham planet next to me on planes.  I just cuddle up and treat the flab spilling into my seat like a pillow.  If it’s in my seat space that I paid for, it’s my property.  And I like to snuggle with my property.
View Quote
Yeah.  It's like a neighbor's fruit tree.  The fruit on your side of the fence is yours.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Land whale upset.

A woman took to social media with an open letter addressed to a man who allegedly fat-shamed her on a flight from Orlando, to Detroit, last week.

“You referred to me as a ‘2-ton woman.’ You told your friend soon as I boarded and you saw me that it was ‘not good.’ When I confronted you saying ‘I am not two tons but I did just have a baby,’ you sighed and got up to use the bathroom then quietly asked the flight attendant for a different seat.”
View Quote

rant/
crap like this is why i either fly first/business or don't go(or drive). To many people now are inconsiderate assholes. At least in F I have more room to work with and can drink enough to ignore the person next to me.

sad how selfish this world has gotten, even worse that the left celebrates a fat ass making the people sitting next to them uncomfortable. (and tries to arock them if they dare call out the land whale/stinky/service dog bull mastiff asshat. )

/rant
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is purchasing two seats even an option?  Can a single person purchase two adjacent?  I have purchased adjacent seats for myself and my daughter, who then did not go on the flight because of a change of plans, and the airline put someone on standby into her seat since she never checked in.....
just wondering if the seemingly logical "buy two seats" plan is valid (but also too lazy to go to an airline website and search....)
View Quote
you can but 99% of the time, at least flying domestically it's going to be cheaper just to fly F on someone.

Internationally it can vary. (I've seen First/business at 3-4-5-6K and coach at 1,000. In that case then obviously buying two would be cheaper)

*I do believe you'd have to call the airline, I'm not sure it can be done online.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Meh, she's not that big. He looks as big. At least she looks like she's showered. I've sat next to waaay bigger people that also smell like cheese
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Flying out of San Angelo, TX I too happened to be seated right next to a land whale of a man. Dude had zero shame in it too as he waddled down the isle.. LATE
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And WHY did this have to play out on social media?!

"Uh oh, here comes two tons of fun."
"Not quite two tons, but thanks for noticing.  What's the carrying capacity of your belt, sir?  You look to be exceeding it's limits."

When did we forget how to trade insults, jibe each other, or just simply interact?  FFS.  
View Quote
Zero tolerance policies in school
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:01:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Airlines should charge by the pound, instead of by the head like they do now,
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
THIS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Airlines should charge by the pound, instead of by the head like they do now,
THIS.
I don't have a huge problem with this except:

I'm an ex NFL lineman. I'm 6'5" 330ish
Shower every day
Big but not gross obese
Skilled job in software that requires travel.

You just made me MUCH more expensive to hire cause my travel costs are much higher.

Because I work out, because I'm generically bigger you penalise me?

I get the concept but not sure that solves all the problems.

Might be the right answer but not sure it is
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Land whale upset.

A woman took to social media with an open letter addressed to a man who allegedly fat-shamed her on a flight from Orlando, to Detroit, last week.

“You referred to me as a ‘2-ton woman.’ You told your friend soon as I boarded and you saw me that it was ‘not good.’ When I confronted you saying ‘I am not two tons but I did just have a baby,’ you sighed and got up to use the bathroom then quietly asked the flight attendant for a different seat.”
View Quote
The reader comments in that article are hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
edit: nvm
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not insulting strangers on their weight until it impacts me.

She is overweight, but doesn't look like she is land whale flowing into the next seat obese:
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/n4nmD9Id40eO3cD_z2V_FQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NzIwO2g9OTYw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/3ec047c46d085eea8453b3108596058a
View Quote
Either way... she took a drink into a public bathroom and set it on the counter
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't have a huge problem with this except:

I'm an ex NFL lineman. I'm 6'5" 330ish
Shower every day
Big but not gross obese
Skilled job in software that requires travel.

You just made me MUCH more expensive to hire cause my travel costs are much higher.

Because I work out, because I'm generically bigger you penalise me?

I get the concept but not sure that solves all the problems.

Might be the right answer but not sure it is
View Quote
Does it cost more to fly you, with space and fuel costs?
Why does my larger, heavier box cost more to ship than a small light one?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Land whale upset.

View Quote
Did you guys get a good look at the photo of that jet and the way it looks like it's pitching upward? Fatso must be sitting toward the rear of the plane !!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

THIS.
View Quote
+1 for charging by the pound. This is where it gets scary: "The Federal Aviation Administration sets an average weight per traveler and carry-on luggage to estimate how much weight planes will carry. According to "The New York Times," the average weight assigned to each passenger by the FAA is 200 pounds for men, 179 pounds for women and 76 pounds for children under 13. These estimates include 16 pounds per person of carry-on luggage and averages in the weight of winter and summer clothing."

Those are the numbers that the flight crew uses for weight and balance calculations. Once; I saw a crew member scan the crowd at the gate and had the gate agent ask for volunteers to take a different flight due to possible weight issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Someone please explain to me how a pregnancy adds over 30lbs to a woman.  My wife's had 2 kids and lost the baby weight.  There are lazy women that use excuses to be fat asses. And your ass ain't big boned cartman, X-rays prove it.
View Quote
I think my wife gained over 30, but our first daughter was 10 of that. Part of it is that a woman's body hold onto shit so they can breastfeed (and people's bodies are still adapted to act like you might not eat tomorrow). If a chick isn't breastfeeding and is eating your typical shit diet, that weight is going up and not going anywhere.

Since both our daughters had lip tie issues, my wife just starts keto now after they're born and the weight slides off.  But most of the women we know that breastfeed the weight comes off that way. But they all eat healthy too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#24]
She's not that big in the one picture I've seen. Complaining guy is no picture of health and fitness himself. I've seen and sat next to bigger. One of the flight attendants on my last trip was a cute blonde but surprisingly thick for the job.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think my wife gained over 30, but our first daughter was 10 of that. Part of it is that a woman's body hold onto shit so they can breastfeed (and people's bodies are still adapted to act like you might not eat tomorrow). If a chick isn't breastfeeding and is eating your typical shit diet, that weight is going up and not going anywhere.

Since both our daughters had lip tie issues, my wife just starts keto now after they're born and the weight slides off.  But most of the women we know that breastfeed the weight comes off that way. But they all eat healthy too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think age and genetics also play a big factor (along with how much they eat of course).

My wife on the the first one gained 35ish pounds, healthy fat baby, and she lost the extra 20 or so pounds with little effort.

Second kid, she did pretty much everything the same (if anything she was more sick through it, puking more often) and put on a little more weight, same size kid, but the breast feeding weight didn't go off as fast, and she is right now working on the last of it (she got complacent about it until we bought a new scale)

My best guess is that she snacked a little more with the second kid, but she was also in her 30s at that point too, so her hormone profile was like a bit different also.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#26]
First class for the win.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do we know if he even sent the supposed text message, or whatever it was she accused him of?  Wouldn't be the first time drama was embellished or invented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since people forgot how to post picts here. I went ahead and clicked and saw the bathroom mirror pic and pic of the guy.
I wouldn't call that land whale status. He looks to be about her size so he doesn't have much room to talk really

He probably shouldn't have said what he said loud enough for her to hear but she shouldn't have kept on and on wanting an apology
He didnt say anything outloud.
Do we know if he even sent the supposed text message, or whatever it was she accused him of?  Wouldn't be the first time drama was embellished or invented.
This.  How many fake racist receipt stories etc... do we see posted here and everyone is taking this at face value.  The dude in the picture could have been some rando on the plane.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My average 36” waist says otherwise.
I’m sorry you’re weak.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why?  I embrace the ham planet next to me on planes.  I just cuddle up and treat the flab spilling into my seat like a pillow.  If it’s in my seat space that I paid for, it’s my property.  And I like to snuggle with my property.
View Quote
Making lemonade out of lemons
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since people forgot how to post picts here. I went ahead and clicked and saw the bathroom mirror pic and pic of the guy.
I wouldn't call that land whale status. He looks to be about her size so he doesn't have much room to talk really

He probably shouldn't have said what he said loud enough for her to hear but she shouldn't have kept on and on wanting an apology
He didnt say anything outloud.
I wonder what she does for a living...

Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First class for the win.
View Quote
You got that right. Not a snob but I just can't stand flying in coach. It's freak show back there. I've seen plenty of dirtbags/psychos/the morbidly obese in first too but at least there is some space up front.On any given flight less than 25% of coach passengers are 'normal' even using a very broad definition of that term.

The entire flying experience, from the moment you get to the airport onward, has become incredibly unpleasant. The only way to get a modicum of comfort is to pay up for it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
From their photos they seem to be about the same size.
View Quote
This. He was just as damn fat as she was
Pot meet kettle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good for him.

That baby didn’t add the extra 100+ lbs. her fat fucking mouth did.
View Quote
No, BIG Food is to blame!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Stop being fat
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top